We accept remote payment

American Bathtub Refinishers

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 1996

5189 Broadview Road

Columbus, OH 43230

American Bathtub Refinishers has been serving Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas for 30 years. We provide quality bathtub & tile refinishing along with chip repair at an affordable cost for both residential and commercial customers. Cost determined by the job.

06/25/2018

Jean-Pierre D.

The technician arrived on time and explained everything he was going to do. He first removed the old finish (about 2 hours). There was no smell. He then applied 3 layers of new finish. The bathtub looks like new. A great job overall.

Description of Work
Bathtub was refinished

06/06/2018

Steven M.

Everything came off perfectly. These guys are the best

Description of Work
Reglazed a shower and tub in our new home

05/11/2018

Betsy S.

THE BEST. Not only did American Bathtub Refinishers do an AMAZING job on my shower/tub, but when, only days later, a careless plumber dented the entire tub, they came back and fixed it!! One of the best experiences ever from start to finish. Highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
One shower and one shower/bath refinished.

05/09/2018

LINDA B.

Went very well. When they came over the first time they realized that I had a slight leak in the shower. In order to not have the leak interfere with the new glaze we postponed the job until after I got the leak fixed. Nick did the re-glaze on Monday. Called Pete today to ask him a question. Pete came over about an hour or so after I called to satisfy my concern, and then proceeded to put the plumbing back on for me, as well as help me put up my shower curtain. Very honest, professional, friendly young men. A pleasure to deal with. Price was reasonable, especially considering what all they have to do. Definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
bathtub reglazed

12/09/2017

Jerrod W.

Process was painless and gave us an shiny like new bathtub. Non slip surface on bottom of tub is hardly noticeable. They were extremely easy to communicate with on Angie's list and were flexible with scheduling.

Description of Work
Refinished bathroom tub - previous tub was beige and already resurfaced once in past

08/17/2016

Patrick B.

Pete was extremely responsive by phone. Their services are clear and straightforward and he was pleasant to deal with (no pushy sales, just matter of fact). We were in a bit of a hurry to get things done and he volunteered to come in on what he had planned as a day off post-vacation in order to get things done a couple of weeks earlier for us. The work is beautiful and guaranteed for 7 years. He gave very clear instructions on care and maintenance.

Description of Work
Refinish a bathtub.

03/08/2016

Gary L.

They arrived as promised, performed the work we requested, and honored the price estimate. They were polite and respectful and answered all of our questions. They did not rush through the job and their work was of excellent quality. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repaired shower grout and refinished tile surround and shower base with slip-resistant bottom

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

06/22/2015

Barry B.

Came on time..not important was pleasant and professional not important worked efficiently not important spent a great deal of effort in matching color of tub not important I watched while he worked and he taught me some things not important his final price was same as estimate not important my wife looked at the repair and almost shouted "Oh my God, its beautiful!" THAT IS IMPORTANT

Description of Work
repaired crack in fiberglass tub, reworked someone else's patch in tub

04/04/2015

Trish P.

It went perfectly. They were incredibly professional, and the job turned out better than I thought possible. Our tub looks like new.

Description of Work
They refinished and recaulked our bathtub.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, handyman service

12/21/2014

John J.

Owner Jon did a great job from start to finish, from the original Angie's List inquiry to the finished job. Jon arrived on time and was completely professional. Our tub had scratches and was starting to rust. It now looks brand new, maybe better! My wife and I were truly amazed! All debris/paper/plastic cover removed and bathroom left spotless. A++++Thanks, Jon! J Johnson Powell, OH

Description of Work
Bathtub Refinishing

09/13/2014

mike B.

Pete, the technician, did an outstanding job. He properly ventilated the room, everything was covered and protected and he cleaned up prior to leaving. I had to reschedule our appointment a couple of times due to delays with our project. They were always very understanding and flexible. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinished cast iron tub.

07/28/2014

JEFF G.

My tenants requested that the tub be refinished. Good tenants so I was happy to do it. Found Jon on-line here at Angie's List. He was very responsive and easy to work with and was able to schedule to my tenants' request. Jon did let me know that there had been some bad refinish jobs in the past (I confess to one of them) and that it was more work than expected. However, he finished within the time estimate given and I appreciated that he let me know about the substandard work done in the past. Jon was very good at returning communications in a reasonable amount of time (most of ours was through email). My tenants are pleased and so am I.

Description of Work
Refinished the interior of a Victorian claw foot tub.

06/24/2014

JILL D.

Jon does wonderful work! He repaired my claw foot tub and did a beautiful job. He is professional and personable. I had gotten another estimate and this company told me my tub could not be repaired and they would have to totally refinish it at a cost of $1,200!!! I decided to get another estimate and called American Bathtub Refinishers. Jon not only repaired my tub polished it too. I would recommend this company to anyone who need this type of service.

Description of Work
Jon repaired the finish on my claw foot bathtub.

05/12/2014

PATRICIA B.

I called them and left a message around 5pm and I got a call from them the next morning. He was apologizing for being late returning my call. I told him what I wanted to have done and explained there were some rust stains in the tub. He gave me a price that was lower than some of the other prices from other companies. I made an appointment for May 8th between 9 and 9:30am. I left my house to get to the house with tub the morning of May 8th but there was very heavy traffic. It was about 9:05am by the time I got to the house and they were at the house waiting. They were not impatient at all. They were extremely prompt and I showed them what needed to be done. They were very friendly. He said it would take about half the day. They were quiet while they were working. They set up a tubing that went out the window for exhaust. They only came in and out a few times as they were bringing in tools and machines. A little before 1pm, I noticed they were both standing outside and I wondered if they were finished. I looked at the tub and it was gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful! It was beautiful white gleaming with a non-slip surface in the bottom of the tub. It was calked with the wall to the tub, around the knobs, and along the floor of the tub. I didn't even know the tub could ever look that good again! It looks like a new tub! They gave me a $25 discount to help me out because they knew I had so much to do with the house. I really appreciated this.

Description of Work
I needed to have a bathtub re-glazed.

04/01/2014

Nita S.

Project well well. One option was to have a slip resistant texture put on the bottom of the tub. I did opt for that feature - no extra cost. It is nice for showers, though hair tends to get 'stuck' on it . Also not sure how comfortable it would be if someone wanted to take a bath and sat on it. Something to consider.

Description of Work
refinish one of my bathtubs that had a few chips along the top.

03/27/2014

Pamela N.

My tub looks great! Would call him again.

Description of Work
Professional and personable.

03/10/2014

Terri R.

It looks great! Jon was very helpful and courteous and answered a number of questions I had before I dediced to hire him for the repair. He arrived exactly on time, wiped his feet upon entering the house, took great care to minimize fumes, explained each step and was very professional. He also told me that what I had assumed was a bad previous refinishing jogb that caused the finish to peel was actually just regular spray paint! Apparently someone had spray-painted the tub before I bought the house to conceal chips and damage. The tub looks brand-new and he gave me clear instructions about care. I would hightly reccomend his firm; great work and the price (and his helpful attitude) was far better than other companies I contacted.

Description of Work
Refinished an old porcelain & iron bathtub

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

03/05/2014

Betsy S.

My husband thought I bought a new bathtub. It looks wonderful. Love the non-skid bottom.

Description of Work
Refinished my bathtub.

01/19/2014

Katherine R.

Excellent experience from start to finish. Comunications were easy and clear, Jon came exactly when promised, tub looks beautiful, clean up was spotless. We had to wait a while to get on his schedule but it was definitely worth the wait. A+

Description of Work
Reglazed bathtub following bath remodel

11/09/2013

MARY B.

Repaired a chip in my new bath tub and restored it to its new look.

Description of Work
I used American Bathtub Refinishers.

10/21/2013

Kevin S.

I couldn't have asked for a better 1st meeting with a company. Jon was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain what his company can do and what they can't do. Even though we didn't have the service performed, I will certainly call him first in the future.

Description of Work
Jon came out to my place to meet me and take a look at the bathtub in question. He was on time and was very friendly. We took a look at the tub and decided it just didn't need the full coating that he provides. He provided a few suggestions which we will follow up on.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, home remodeling

08/14/2013

Jesus A.

All went smoothly. Very clear on what to expect. Work guaranteed for several years. Very approachable and clearly professional fellow.

Description of Work
Refinished the bathtub.

07/08/2013

Elizabeth T.

Our bathtub is unique in that it has shower doors on both sides - it sits in the middle of two bathrooms. This provided a bit of challenge in the way Jon had to apply the finish. When I explained it on the phone, he determined that he needed to come out and look at it before he could give me an estimate. However, it worked out very well. He was prompt, friendly and informative and the tub looks great.

Description of Work
Jon refinished my bathtub

05/17/2013

Patricia D.

Went fantastic. Jon arrived on time and went right to work. He is very professional and polite. Meticulous about work and your home. Bathtub was completed in a few hours. The odor takes a bit getting used to but does disappear within a day. The day after he completed I noticed what I believed to be a small scratch on the bottom of the tub and immediately called Jon. He responded the same day and it ended up that something just got on the tub and he wiped it off. I was impressed with his responsiveness. The bathtub looks brand new.

Description of Work
Had bathroom tub refinished

05/09/2013

ellen M.

Very helpful and informative over the phone.

Description of Work
I contacted them to discuss refinishing my tub. The person I spoke to was extremely informative and helpful on the phone and was more than willing to come out and look at the tub. I did not follow through because I had more pressing repairs that needed to be done, but I will contact them again when I am ready.