Affordable Interior Finish Carpentry & Floors

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2009

5421 Sinclair Rd 614 402 3107

Columbus, OH 43229

2 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. may contact me directly. 614 402 3107...

11/24/2020

Alexander E.

TLDR; Working with Brian was fantastic, would definitely recommend, would absolutely hire again. Synopsis: After several year of planning, we began a major renovation of our kitchen and first floor - just as COVID hit and we were sent to work from home. Work performed: Tearout of existing tile, carpet, and old wood flooring for the entire 1st floor of house. Installation of new hardwood flooring throughout 1st floor. New baseboard installation. Tearout of old kitchen cabinets. Installation of new cabinets. Minor woodworking trim repairs to various pre-existing issues. Outcome: Brian and his crew were onsite for approximately 4 weeks spread over a month and a half timeframe. Great to work with! We coordained various contractors for electrical, drywall, plumbing on this project, all while living and working from home due to COVID. Brian was extremely flexible with all the varying schedules, provided great recommendations when one our contractors fell through, handled delays due to a damaged cabinet (during delivery - not his fault) like a champ. Very respectful of noise/dirt/dust in the house. Made sure to tidy up a bit before leaving every day. Got along great with the kids, and kept us up to date on progress the whole way through. Finished work looks great!

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation, Hardwood floor installation

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

04/04/2019

Vincent P.

Brian did an excellent job of staining and installing seven prehung doors and three sets of sliding doors, along with wood trim. He was timely, professional and paid close attention to detail. I would definitely recommend him to others and I would hire home again for other jobs.

Description of Work
Stained and installed wood doors and trim

Category doors

ThankYou for leaving Report. really helps.

03/08/2019

Linda P.

I have used Brian and his crew in the past and once again he did not disappoint. My floors look fabulous. The attention and labor he put in to my stairs is apparent and I love the look. His crew is very considerate in so many ways. They all make sure that they clean up after themselves at the end of the day.

Description of Work
Flooring installed

Category flooring contractor

ThankYou,[Member Name Removed]. really appreciate you taking the time to assure our quality and passion.

12/21/2018

Christine B.

The stairs were exactly what I wanted - he did a great job and spent time checking with me at periodically to make sure the stairs were just what I wanted. He cleaned up afterwards. Exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
New stairs from garage to house

Category contractors, flooring contractor

ThankYou for making AngiesList work like it should.

10/15/2018

Thomas B.

Brian and his son, Toby along with his other staff did an amazing job installing my flooring. Everything is perfectly level. They were all meticulous in the installation and cleaned up the debris.

Description of Work
installed luxury vinyl tiling in my first floor

ThankYou

09/03/2018

Maria D.

Brian came to visit the premises. He gave a quote that the entire floor had to be removed and replaced, possibly with all new material. I then hired a flooring inspector from National Institute of Certified Floor-covering Inspectors (NICFI) who provided a report stating the recommended repair is to to simply cut a 5/16" space with a routing tool around the perimeter of the room, thus avoiding the need for costly removal and replacement. I do not know the motivation behind "Affordable's" outrageous quotation. Also, Brian refused to take phone calls and refused to talk with my brother, an attorney, that is handling my business affairs. He only worked by sending unclear, confusing and unprofessional text messages.

Description of Work
Repair of recently installed laminate flooring

Category flooring contractor

Important. Did not work on job Didnot exchange money There is no tool that will cut flooring up underneath door jambs. Im sorry you hired someone that clearly didnt know what they was doing. as much as your floor bounced. the locking system loses strength. who ever inspected your floor is obviously looking out for flooring supplier's.

07/19/2018

Kelli R.

Brian arrived as scheduled for both the estimate and the work. He was thorough in his communication to us during the entire process. We appreciated his attention to detail. Some of the door hardware that was ordered by us, was delivered wrong by the door company. Brian took the initiative to get the correct hardware. His carpentry skills are precise. We had been told that we would need to order custom doors by more than one company. Brian was able to order standard doors and they look marvelous. He worked in our home unattended and was trustworthy and reliable. He also did a nice job of cleaning up at the completion of the job. We would definitely hire Brian back.

Description of Work
Installation of slab interior doors

Category woodworking, doors

06/29/2018

Gayle H.

Beautiful work. Very easy to work with. Want to use him again.

Description of Work
Crown molding, shoe molding, painting

05/18/2018

Fran T.

Brian was awesome and did a great job! He is kind and very easy going. Worked around our schedule which was very helpful. The workmanship is amazing, we couldn’t be happier with the way everything looks! We will definitely contact him again for any future projects.

Description of Work
All new interior trim, baseboards, doors, mantle, and new back door put in.

Category remodeling, woodworking, doors

03/07/2018

Lisa R.

Very responsive after I first contacted them. Options discussed were reasonable and better than I originally thought. The work was done fairly quickly after the materials were delivered and finished very nicely. I'm pleased with the work and would hire again for any similar type needs.

Description of Work
Flooring in basement.

01/11/2018

Heather W.

The experience working with Brain and his team has been fantastic. He and his team works very hard everyday regardless if you are there or not. We took a 4 days vacation during the project. Brian send me pic of the floor and keep me updated with the job. A professional team with quality work. I will definitely hir Brian to work on my next job.

Description of Work
Removing old flooring and replace with new floor

11/10/2017

Mahendra N.

It went splendidly and the end product was outstanding. The quality of his workmanship and ability to collaborate on the design made it very easy to work with him. His attention to detail, timeliness and his humor and trustworthiness were excellent. Would hire Again in a heartbeat .

Description of Work
Brian built us some custom cabinets and built Ins for a number of rooms.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, doors

11/10/2017

Bruce G.

Brian had a cancellation and was able to put me in the schedule with a three day notice. His son showed up on time Monday morning and by Wednesday afternoon the job was completed and cleaned up. I had miss calculated the number of boxes of flooring needed. Brian located more and picked it up to finish the job. I have already talked to Brian about another potential project in the future. The floor looks great and the wife loves it. I'm a tough customer to please because I laid the same flooring 2 years ago in the hallway, dining room and living room. Very happy with the results both in cost and quality.

Description of Work
Add wood flooring into master bedroom and closet, about 440 sq. ft.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

11/09/2017

SHEILA F.

Great. He gave a very good estimate, which was exactly what we paid, have us flooring suggestions and completed on time. The floors are beautiful.

Description of Work
My daughter had Brian and his team do get floirs, recommended them, I had them out 2x for 3 rooms. They installed wood floors.

11/09/2017

Maggie A.

The whole job went so incredibly well. Brian made the floors look perfect, worked efficiently, and was very affordable. He also installed the flooring in my sister’s house and she had the same wonderful experience. We have currently booked him to install flooring in our new house, and he is going above and beyond to help us select the perfect flooring. Brian is a superior craftsman and a kind and generous man, and I would recommend him to everyone I know.

Description of Work
We needed laminate flooring installed in our ground floor condo.

11/08/2017

Cicely M.

PLEASE READ AND ANY F RATING THIS CONTRACTOR HAS RECEIVED REGARDING HIS PROFESSIONALISM SND TEMPERATE, PLEASE BELIEVE IT! Brian came and gave me an estimate of the work to be done on 9/15/17. I told him that I would be getting my house repainted in early October, so I would hope to begin the flooring project in November. I contacted Brian when the painting was done and told him I would start looking at flooring products. He was of no assistance in helping or assisting in what products were good. In fact, anytime we had a conversation it was always me initiating a call to ask him about anything regarding the project. It started to become obvious that he is not one for questions, and has very little patience when he told me that " he didn't have time for questions and that when his crew comes in to work I'm going to have to get out of the way, and let them work because he doesn't have time for it". That was the first red flag. His moods are hot and cold, one minute he's nice and the next minute he's moody and volatile. The last straw was 11/7/17. I found some flooring and asked him was it any good. (Keep in mind, he kept trying to push vinyl product on me), so I found some that was suitable. Brian then said ok buy it and let's start tomorrow. I said well we don't have a contract written up. All he ever gave me was an estimate with some numbers scribbled on it, no itemization of services, no itemaztion of costs, no signatures, NOTHING!! Who would even get into a business deal with a professional company with an estimate, not a contract. I also asked him about his insurance again and asked him if that was the contract I was supposed to go by?? Brian stated it has worked for him the past 10 years, and he could add anything on it that I wanted him to. About 10 minutes later he came back on text and stated " I have taken him through it, and he has been trying to be patient with me, but that's about ran out." Then he stated " if you don't start the job on Nov 9th then he's not doing it". I basically had to let him know I'm not going to be bullied or intimidated by anyone. I would pay 4x's the amount to another vendor than to be talked to in such a disrespectful and combative manner. Brian and I had a text argument going back and forth and he stated " if I give him a bad review on Angie's list all he had to do is post a text of me cursing back at him on Angie's list, and he would be fine. I told him I don't care what he posts on Angie's list about me because everything I'm saying is true. BUYER BEWARE OF THIS PERSON. FOR EVERY A HE HAD LIKE I STAED BEFORE PAY ATTENTION TO THE F'S. HE IS AGGRESSIVE, VOLATILE, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND COMBATIVE. This is one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with, and that's saying a lot.

Description of Work
I needed subfloor work in 2 bedrooms and then would have flooring installed after the subfloor was repaired.

Category hardwood floor

important thing here is no money was exchanged between us. i should have polietly excused myself from the oppurtunity. ThankYou.

10/06/2017

Jeremy H.

Wonderfully. The home was built in 1850, so getting the floors anywhere close to level was practically a magic trick. The guys worked exceptionally hard to get the project done right and on time. The floors look amazing. The new pantry makes the kitchen much more functional. Every detailed was accounted for (including quite a few things I had not considered). Beyond doing great work, they were patient with my million and one questions and took the time to show me how and why they were doing anything I was curious about. They took great care of my possessions and home, courteous with my time, and took great pride in my work. I'll use them for any interior carpentry or flooring job I have moving forward.

Description of Work
Level subfloors and raise living room and dining room floors to meet the kitchen floor height; reinforce sagging floor joists; lay roughly 700 sq ft of engineered hardwood; replaced cabinet doors and drawers in kitchen; built a custom pantry w/four large pot drawers below two large pantry cabinets; replaced two interior doors (with new framing); trimmed and reframed exterior door; new custom trim installed throughout first floor of the home.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, flooring contractor, home remodeling

09/25/2017

Rob P.

Brian and his crew did an incredible job on our flooring. Finish carpentry quality. They made good suggestions on an area that we weren't going to finish. Their suggestion made our installation look much better than our original design. Would hire them again.

Description of Work
Carpet demo, new wood flooring installation.

08/17/2017

Nadine H.

Very well! The fridge looks great now! Brian was creative and figured out several approaches to the problem. He worked efficiently, skillfully, and he cleaned up the sawdust! We have already talked about the next projects.

Description of Work
Fix a problem related to installation of a new fridge

Category contractors, flooring contractor

07/26/2017

Laureen T.

Brian and his son Toby and the rest of his team did an excellent job on all of our projects. In addition to the flooring work, they removed and replaced all of our interior doors and molding. We like wood finishes and they finished all trim, molding, and doors in their shop and the finishes are absolutely beautiful! Brian also replaced a regular door with a pocket door. Also we had torn out a half wall between a dining area and the family room and Brian installed a beautiful archway. Their miter work was very precise throughout!

Description of Work
Leveled subfloor, Installed Pergo floor, installed trim, replaced and installed doors, and molding,

Category flooring contractor, woodworking, doors

07/20/2017

Bo C.

It took a little longer than planned, but nothing usually for this type of project. Brian did most of the work on taking down old cabinet, floor and installed new. His skill is very flexible, helped us a great deal with reconfiguring the room, rearrange a wall and window. The result is wonderful.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category contractors, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

07/11/2017

Margaret T.

Brian, Toby, and Matt did a great job! I'm so pleased with the quality, look, price, and installation of my new floors. A couple of the planks had a small issue but Brian came back to fix them quickly and without hassle. These guys care about quality, not just finishing the job so they can get on to the next one. We will definitely use them again for our future flooring or carpentry needs. I highly recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Install new Coretec floors

02/24/2017

TRACY H.

The carpet is still here today so it was done right. They did it when they said they would.

Description of Work
They installed carpet in 3 rooms.

Category carpet installation

02/14/2017

Rebecca M D.

This was our second experience hiring Brian (and in addition this time, his son Toby) for a project. He is an excellent finish carpenter and after hiring him to install custom closet organizers in our previous home a few years ago, we had him back to rip out carpet and install wood flooring in the entire upstairs of our new home (about 650 sq. ft.). He is fair and wants his customers to be happy with the finished product. Brian and Toby were very accommodating of our tight install schedule. We had 6 days to get the work finished before our movers arrived with the furniture from our previous residence. Brian and Toby kindly worked both Saturday and Sunday so that we could move the project along faster. They were only 3 hours shy of meeting the deadline and came back the day after we moved in to finish a bit of trim work. It all worked out in the end and we are very happy with their workmanship. Brian’s original estimate was accurate except for the additional cost for a new subfloor ($600) and glue (see below). This was an unforeseen addition since the entire upstairs was covered in thick carpet and his original estimate was based on one visit to the house before we became the new owners. At that time, he was unable to disturb the existing carpeting and do a proper on-sight inspection of the floor underneath. After we bought the house and he and Toby removed the carpet and padding, we realized there would be a substantial gap between the new floor and the existing trim if they used the subfloor in place. The solution was to raise the subfloor with a new one which added an extra day to the project and brought the level of the new floor up to meet the trim. We were pleased that they took their time screwing down the new subfloor floor and inspecting it for squeaks and creaks before laying down the new floor. There is not one creak yet in the new floor. The original estimate of 4-5 days for the project was off by a day because of the eventual labor-intensive gluing of the floor after it was discovered that nailing it down was not appropriate for the type of flooring we chose (engineered hardwood to match the floor in the downstairs). Brian is very easy to reach and we communicated before and during the project with ease. We would not hesitate to hire him again in the future. Total cost includes all materials and labor.

Description of Work
Rip out carpet in upstairs and install new hardwood floor

02/09/2017

John R.

Brian and Toby did a great job and even gave some helpful suggestions that saved us money. The job was completed within the quoted time frame. We are very happy with the workmanship.

Description of Work
Replace 12 interior doors and trim as required. They also replaced a small section of flooring.

Category flooring contractor, woodworking, doors

The Grout Medic - West Columbus

We are the leaders in Grout and Tile restoration and repair. Utilizing the latest technology and products we seek to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism in our industry. The Grout Medic specializes in performing services on your existing grout and tile surfaces. Each Grout Medic technician is trained to evaluate your needs, and prescribe and perform the procedures for you in a professional and courteous manner while exceeding your expectations. At The Grout Medic, we can perform all of our services in both the residential and commercial environment. Each individual job we complete is designed to bring your grout and tile back to life, protect it for years to come and add value to your home.

D&R Exteriors

We are a family owned business with customer satisfaction being our main focus.

The Gutter Boys

The Gutter Boys Co. works daily to provide a seamless and enjoyable customer experience. Our helpful sales associates can get you a quote for gutter cleaning right over the phone. If you are looking for seamless gutters or protection, we come right to you, and customize a quote specifically for your home and circumstances. We are never pushy. We like to say that it’s a sales experience that your mom would be comfortable with. The Gutter Boys technicians are tenured and knowledgeable. We are proud to provide a high continuity of service by utilizing employees for our installation services. Our techs are rigorously trained and have received Master Installer status with Valor Gutter Guards, which TGB exclusively installs in the Columbus area and Northeast Ohio.

Check, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Hardwood floor installation. Interior carpentry. New & replacement doors. Cabinetry. Built ins. Crown molding. Baseboards. Quarter round molding. Cabinet refacing.

Refinishing hardwood floors.