Ace Roofing

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2011

Ace Roofing Ltd is a Columbus OH based full-service certified roofing contractor with over twenty years of experience in residential roofing as well as commercial roofing. Our estimating staff takes pride in identifying and explaining problem areas so you get a better understanding of what to

roofing (30)roof cleaning (3)skylight installation (1)gutter cleaning (7)gutter repair (4)chimney repair (1)siding companies (1)

05/26/2021

Marilyn K.

The small crew arrived around 10 am and got right to work. The addition roof was right under the fiber optic cable running from the pole to the house so they had to be very careful not to hit it. Once they took off the shingles, they discovered more rotten boards than they expected and they had to get more boards. They finished in about 3 hours and cleaned up. They showed me what they had done and it looks nice. The roof is fixed and they didn't charge me extra for the extra boards they had to buy.

Description of Work
The garage addition was leaking and they had to replace the entire addition roof.

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

10/30/2017

TIM K.

ACE did the work promptly and fixed the leak the first time. They were efficient and courteous.

Description of Work
We had a small leak in our roof. Got a repair estimate from a large roofing company who would not guarantee their work (they said they would "work with us" until they got it right). Got another estimate from ACE - their price was a fraction of the big company's and they offered a one year, money back guarantee.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

08/20/2017

Lisheng W.

Steve came in and inspected the roof and the outside of the house. He helped to find out where the leak was and put in quite some effort to fix it. He is very knowledgeable and honest. He gave us many useful suggestions and did not push for sale of a new roof. We are grateful for his professionalism and highly recommend his service. We will put Ace Roofing first in line when we need a new roof.

Description of Work
We have a leak in the house need an inspection.

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

06/10/2017

Jeremy S.

They were supposed to fix the flashing over the porch (water just builds up there and spills dow to the porch), but even though I paid them $200 extra dollars to do it, it looked identical and has the same problem.

Description of Work
Gutter covers and a reversed flashing to be fixed over the porch.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/10/2017

05/12/2017

Leonard H.

When I purchased the deal, instead of waiting for me to make an appointment by phone, they came out without notice and performed the work before we were ready. We would have preferred a phone call or at least some kind of notice.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for gutter cleaning from this service provider.

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

11/08/2016

Mary Jean D.

Performed work as stated. It was a small job but well done.

Description of Work
Flat roof repair

Work Completed On 09/21/2016

10/28/2016

Bree I.

Description of Work
They cleaned my gutters and checked my roof.

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 05/07/2016

10/27/2016

MARILYN J B.

Everything went great. All personnel from Ace Roofing were very professional. They were willing to answer any questions I had. It was a very pleasant experience. I will definitely used Ace Roofing for any future roofing needs.

Description of Work
My home has a shingled roof and a flat roof. New TPO Metal was installed to rear flat roof.

Work Completed On 10/25/2016

06/28/2016

Jonda L.

Work Completed On 05/26/2016

06/28/2016

William W.

Description of Work
clean gutters and check roof

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 04/27/2016

04/21/2016

Lisa T.

Our office has experience wet ceiling tiles and water leaks. We called Ace Roofing and left a message that we would like to have someone come out and examine our roof for leaks. Steve Reel called and scheduled a time to come out. When Steve showed up, we explained the issues we were having, Steve walked around our building on the inside to look at the damaged ceiling tiles, then climbed up on the roof to examine it for leaks. He came back in the building and told us our roof had no leaks and was in very good shape. He also explained that he thought our problem was more than likely a condensation issue instead. He recommended venting our roof. We requested an email or letter from him stating that our roof was in great shape, and within the day, he sent us an email with his findings and his recommendations. We would definitely use Ace Roofing, in particular, Steve Reel, if we ever do have roof issues. We would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Examined the roof for leaks.

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

04/14/2016

Lisa C.

Great. Just contacted them and the job was completed in less than two days . Good job and didn't leave me with any mess to clean up in my yard or around my house, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned gutters and roof top on a two story home with attached two car garage.

Work Completed On 04/14/2016

09/28/2015

Ara K.

It went very well. Steve Reel is very nice, and takes the job very sincerely. The workers/project manager he sends to carry out the actual work are also very nice and polite and I can tell they also take the job very sincerely. The time they came, was the first day that our very abnormal weather started when it started raining almost every day for about a couple weeks. They need about 24-hours or two-days of dry weather when applying for it to dry properly, so we had to wait a couple weeks after they first washed off the roof for the dryer weather to return. But as soon as the weather was dryer, then did return. I want to add that I first met Steve Reel in 2012 after the derecho that summer blew off shingles and caused an unsecured hatch-cover to blow off & punch a hole in another part. He gave me a quote that was far far below the previous one I had gotten from another company, and he on his own had that crew he sent then come back a second time after he stopped by and did an inspection. I didn?t get to writing a review then, but it was based on that very positive experience that I called him this year. And we started our conversation this year based on what he had told me back in 2012 about the roof.

Description of Work
A part of my roof is a flat-roof that was the bitumen-modified type. It was determined to really be in need of replacement. He let me know of different options/quotes (Another bitumen-modified, rubber, elastomeric coating). I chose the elastomeric coating option which itself came to $4,100 total, and which he included a 10-year workmanship warranty. Also he included the smaller back porch roof (placing the coating on top of that) at no extra charge (since he said that as long as they’re up there anyway, it’s not that much more difficult for them to take care of that too). It consisted of first cleaning off the roof with a hose, then after it dries placing a fabric down then later spreading and applying the elastomeric coating on top. While up there the workers found some miscellaneous issues around the other parts of the roof, like cracks around pipes, etc on the sloped shingle parts (needing roof caulk,etc). Also on the slate front they saw missing slates, which they gave a quote to replace and also clean the moss of while they were there. In total, these two additional orders added $800 more to the original total. After they were done, I noticed a couple areas still leaking when I went to the attic and one drip in the back porch; when I let him know he responded very quickly and stopped by in the daytime to take a look himself. He noticed that on the west-shingled part, some shingles had hale-damage from the 2006 hale-storm (he showed me the pits and some splits). He said that it shows up the most on the West side of buildings (the way the wind usually blows from). Since the workers he sent didn’t notice it while there, he offered me a very special deal to replace those rows of shingles where the leaking was, along with some wood replacement which was later found, for $250 (and take care of those two other leaks at no extra charge).

Work Completed On 08/14/2015

08/21/2015

Thomas B.

Quick response and quality work. I got about 3-4 quotes for same job and he was the only one who showed an actual working knowledge of skylights and the issues around their proper installation. Mine weren't correctly installed and he fixed the issue. The other quotes wanted to replace all 4 skylights at 4-5 times the price.

Description of Work
Fixed leak around skylights

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

07/12/2013

Ryan C.

Ace Roofing gave me a wrong diagnosis. However, they were responsiveness and punctuality were excellent.

Description of Work
Ace Roofing gave me a quote of $385 for something I fixed by buying something for $2 at a supply store and simply patching it up.

Work Completed On 02/28/2013

I thought this customer would be more appreciative that I diagnosed the problem for free. I doubt he had another company fix it for $2

07/08/2013

GARY B.

Work satisfactorily completed.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in roof.

Work Completed On 06/27/2013

07/02/2013

Erin A.

The estimator was very punctual and he gave an idea of how to fix a non-roofing problem. I showed him a list of problems that we wanted estimated for correction. He inspected the roof and gave me an estimate for a whole roof re-do. I asked two different times for the estimate of just the problem areas, but he skirted around the question, telling me there were too many problems and we just needed a new roof.

Description of Work
We asked for an estimate regarding a provided list of problems.

Work Completed On 07/01/2013

I stand behind my decision not to repair a roof riddled with craftsmanship errors. Our warranty offers a money back guarantee to solve leaks. In this case there were more problems than this customer had realized in their list. The repair would have been nearing the same cost to replace.

04/13/2013

tiffany D.

They were very quick to respond, both times. They are very professional. I enjoyed that they came down from the roof and drew some pictures and informed me of what they were going to do. They gave me options as well as different pricing before they tackled the issues. They also were very honest in guiding me with the cheapest and best options. I will always recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
The first time they came out they fixed a leek and sealed it on the roof. The second time, which they are still in the processes of doing, they patched a hole from where a previous service provider had came and removed the chimney.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2012

03/14/2013

ERICK S.

Successfully replaced the boot at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Fixed a boot on top of house.

Work Completed On 09/12/2012

10/22/2012

Pat S.

The thing I like about them was that he knew exactly what he is doing. He gave me a competitive bid, but he knew how to handle the (inaudible 5:35:5) people. He interfaced with the in charge people and only got involved after (5:45:2 to 5:47:3). He did a real good job with that. And then when they were putting the roof on, I went over and inspect at different times. The people would do portions of the roof, but he would always be there in the afternoon to check it over and made sure he came down. He showed me some defects of what he thought and that he was going to take care of it himself. He went up there and took care of them. And when it was all over, he came back and he did the same thing. He said that he needed to paint this one little vent. So he was very conscientious. It was well worth the money. I would use him again in a heartbeat. It was his expertise that really made it worthwhile.

Description of Work
I've used Ace Roofing for a full roof.

Work Completed On 10/01/2012

03/26/2012

Howard Van C.

Very friendly and professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Steve came out to look at a spot on our ceiling and then went up on the roof and found the cause of the leak. A nail. then he showed me how to fix it. he looked our the leak around our skylight and explained how the V-Lux window worked and said it was a leak caused by snow and ice backing up. He could fix it for about $350 but said to just wait and see over the coming year. He was very helpful and told me that I did not need a new roof. there was some nails sticking up through shingles and explained how i should fix them. I was very impressed and would have this company back to do work when it is needed.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 03/26/2012

04/14/2011

Ian C.

Overall, the experience went pretty well. They called me back promptly if I ever needed anything. Steve, one of the owners, came out three or four times and was able to help me out with everything that I needed. He didn't take anything for granted and didn't act like he knew my problem before I told him what was going on, which is what a few other companies did. (a I had a small issue but they were responsive in fixing it for me. Overall, I'm happy with Ace Roofing's services.

Description of Work
roofing, gutter & siding repair.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 10/13/2010

08/05/2010

JACKIE A.

The owner seemed knowledgeable and willing to work with us. But during the job, problems arose and they were not communicated to us which resulted in the roof not looking good on one side, the shingles were not laying flat and were undulating. The company did come and fix the problem to our satisfaction. We feel that if there was a discussion about the problems as the job was going on, a possible solution could have been made without having to have the company come back and fix the undulating shingles. The price was good for our budget.

Description of Work
Tore off old roof and replaced with 3-tab shingles, installed ridgevent and soffit vents.

Work Completed On 04/20/2010

07/23/2010

Kathleen M.

They haven't done the work but we are contracting them to do our church. It's a process that takes time because you have to go through the council and you have to wait until the funds are raised. My husband is on the board of properties for our church. He was trying to get companies to look at and do a quote for our church. The guy from Ace Roofing was very courteous and very helpful. His company was th