A-1 Quality Seamless Gutters

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2002

668 North James Rd.

Columbus, OH 43219

Serving Columbus & Suburbs Since 2001. Employees covered by insurance, no subs. Free Estimates. Super Service Winners for many years. Family owned & operated.

09/17/2020

Douglas W.

I asked for an estimate. They said they were booked out over a week for estimates and would call before coming. It has been several weeks and I have still not heard anything. No follow up.

Description of Work
Estimate for gutter repair

08/18/2020

Joyce W.

The company responded quickly to our initial call (as opposed to 4 other companies we called, left messages and never heard from). They came and gave an estimate which was significantly lower than the one other company who responded to our calls. We were having our house painted and wanted to coordinate gutter replacement with the painting. They worked with the painting company and were able to do their work the day after the painting was complete. The crew called before coming and were able to complete the job in one day. They worked quickly and efficiently and the work appears to be good although we have not yet had a good rainfall to actually test the gutters. My husband did go over a couple of specific requests we had prior to them starting the job but he did need to supervise them while doing the work to see it was done correctly. After explaining the situation a second time, they completed the work correctly without question. The work looks good and we would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replace most of the gutters on our house.

05/19/2020

Suzanne K.

They took awhile to get back to us. When they did they seemed friendly enough. Someone called on the day they said they were going to come by to do initial consultation and were about half an hour later than they said. In addition, we had to follow up and get an answer. The woman who answered the phone didn't really know what was going on. We did get an email later that night saying they could not service us and we should consult a handyman. The next morning the woman called back and gave me a whole big reason why they couldn't come back and she was surprised to know that I received an email the night before. I don't like working with companys who can't get their act together. Their administrative staff says a lot about the company in general.

Description of Work
gutters/soffet

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

02/27/2020

Anjanette K.

The company was responsive in providing a quote which I agree to but they would not or could not provide the service. I accept their quote in November of 2019. They called me at work the next week asking to install on that day but I was unable to get them access to the house so I asked for installation the next day or week. They never called back. I called them again in January 2020 asking why they never called again to schedule and they explained they were having trouble with their crews and would call me back. It is late February as I write this review and they have never bothered to get my home scheduled or communicate with me regarding the situation. I'm moving on from them and would suggest others engage them at their own risk.

Description of Work
Gutter and gutter guard installation

Category gutter repair

This winter was challenging. Cold weather, warm weather, rainy weather, unusual number of employee illnesses. We sent an apology to [Member Name Removed] We offered to give a discount for the inconvenience and apologized explaining that we do try to accommodate all of our customers on a timely basis.

09/23/2019

Kevin P.

Called for estimate 10 days ago - never even got a return call.

Description of Work
Gutters & guards

09/04/2019

Chad Y.

Excellent. Got me on the schedule sooner than I expected. They came out to install less than a week after I chose them for the job. I asked for quotes from approximately 7 different companies on the project from Angies List. About five responded. The most accurate quote was from A-1 and also happened to be the least expensive by quite a bit. Less is definitely more in this case. Installers sent me a text on the day of the job to let me know when they would be arriving at my house. The Installers were efficient and did great work. I'm extremely pleased with the installation. I had removed all my gutters prior and replaced the fascia before requesting project quotes. Office requoted with the Angies List discount without me having to ask.

Description of Work
Complete Home Gutter Installation

11/28/2018

JOY S.

Weather prevented them from coming until a few weeks after we agreed to the estimate, but that wasn't a big deal. Everything went as expected and we were happy with their work.

Description of Work
Reattachment of fallen gutter and cleaning of gutters.

09/01/2018

Karl A.

I received a quote for some gutter repair work in May '18. I followed up on the quote and requested the work be done. After not hearing from them for two months, I followed up again in July and was told I was on the schedule, but was not given a date. It's now September and no one ever showed. I plan to requote the job from someone else.

Description of Work
Gutter Repair Work

07/23/2018

Andrew V.

Sent Angie's list request for service. No response. Called company and requested quote. No response. Called again and owner came out and told me what work needed done and said I would be emailed quote. Never heard from them again. Apparently they are not accepting new business.

Description of Work
gutters repaired

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

07/02/2018

RANDALL H.

Thanks to John's professionalism and willingness to work with my painters, I got my gutter system completely replaced without having to risk water in my basement. It was during at time when we were having heavy storms almost every day. But John coordinated his crew's work with my painters so they could get the old system taken down one morning -- the painters could paint the areas underneath as I wanted -- and the new system put on within 24 hours or so. Everything went perfectly, and the new system was installed about 6 hours before we ended up having another very heavy rain. The new system worked great, and I didn't have any water issues. Also, the variety of color choices available was terrific, and I was able to select a color that worked out great with the painting I was doing. And because they got their gutters from a company that also carried the same color for the window "caps" I needed, everything will end up looking perfect. His crew was very professional and prompt, and the work was done quickly and well, even with several delays because of bad weather. There was one minor issue with a seam on a downspout, but when I called to bring it to their attention, John had his crew out in short order and it was fixed. It has worked perfectly, since.

Description of Work
I hired John's company to completely replace my aging gutters, and I needed a company that would work with the painters I'd hired, as I was also painting the outside of the house at the same time.

06/25/2018

Jason R.

The job went great, the team worked with us to pull the old gutters before the painters arrived to start work and put the new gutters back up as soon as the painters finished on a Saturday.

Description of Work
Full gutter replacement on property

04/30/2018

Kay G.

This company responded quickly with an estimate and completeing the work. Perfect job! With all the rain we have had our new gutter works very well! We will hire again.

Description of Work
Front gutter with gutter cover needed replaced.

04/23/2018

Ruth S.

Great - they came out to take a look on the day I called. Received the estimate a few days later via e-mail, I then authorized the work and it was done the next day. Great job!

Description of Work
One gutter and downspout needed to be replaced and another downspout needed a replacement bracket

03/29/2018

Dohn J.

They provided a $160 estimate for this work which I felt was an attempted rip-off. They came recommended by another contractor I trust - this may be true for larger jobs, but certainly not for a small repair like this. I purchased two straps for $2.56, found the screws neede din my shop and did the job myself in about a half hour.

Description of Work
Downspout needed to be re-nailed in two places and have one screw replaced

Category gutter repair

Our estimates always include labor and materials. To complete the work as detailed in our estimate, two men would be have been necessary for safety reasons due to height. Our trucks are manned with two installers. We are licensed and insured in business since 2004. Angie's List Super Service Award winner every year since. BBB A+ rating. We contacted Mrs. [Member Name Removed] and suggested that he obtain estimates elsewhere for the work as requested.

02/25/2018

KATHY B.

Communication was great; A-1’s office is friendly and responds quickly, and the owner came out quickly too, and I was sent an estimate. Most of the work was completed in early December. Then we had a deep freeze and gutter cleaning had to be delayed until the gutters thawed. But A-1 came out and finished the gutter cleaning as soon as it was possible, and I didn’t even have to call. A good experience, and I would hire A-1 again.

Description of Work
On the east side of my house, the gutter had come loose and had bent and was hanging down. It was removed and disposed of and a new seamless gutter was installed. On the west side, the gutter had started to come loose but was repairable by adding hangers and screws. Also, the downspout from the gutter to the funnel had fallen off, and it was reconnected. The west gutter and front porch gutter needed cleaning out.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

01/02/2018

Brad P.

I was very satisfied with the price quoted. I had some trouble finding out when I was on the schedule for and, when I did find out, the arrival time was actually missed twice. When the workers arrived I was extremely satisfied with how nice the folks were how quickly they worked. Unfortunately, the quick work made for some mistakes and the rain a couple days later revealed several areas where the water was getting behind the gutters. I called and was extremely happy when they returned to correct the issues. Overall, A1 was nearly $2000 under other quotes I received so well worth the minor issues I ran into. I would happily hire them again.

Description of Work
I need gutters, down spouts, and fascia done

12/19/2017

Mitzie M.

They were prompt and gutters look nice and seem like good quality so far.

Description of Work
They replaced gutters to our detached garage.

12/04/2017

Ashley S.

My gutters were cleaned and tuned! They look great!

Description of Work
Efficient, and very professional. They made the process very easy! Would definitely hire again!

08/03/2017

Noreen & Bill H.

Ask for a quote and they came earlier than promised. When I emailed my acceptance of quote they told me Two weeks before they could schedule job. Which was fine. Next day they called to say they had a cancellation and they could come today if that was ok. Yes! Three employees and they had the job done in one afternoon. They cleaned up everything, nothing left behind. Foreman walked me around property to show what was done. Told me work guaranteed for a year. Any concerns call and he would come back to make it right. My kind of company. Thank you!

Description of Work
New gutters and drain spouts. Remove old gutters.

06/19/2017

Michael G.

They were great. They sent out 3 people and it took about 2 or 3 hours. It wasn't done right the first time but the main guy came out and fixed it himself.

Description of Work
They replaced all the gutters and ran a drainage line down to my curb.

05/01/2017

Carol R.

Great. No problems. Work was completed quickly and has held up well since it was done 2years ago.

Description of Work
Replaced downspout, repaired loose gutters

Category gutter repair

We pride ourselves on the number of repeat customers. We were happy to service your gutter and downspout needs. Thank you!

10/31/2016

Jon H.

Installed and cleaned up in less than a day.

Description of Work
New gutters

Category gutter repair

Many thanks for posting your positive experience with our company. Please contact us if your gutters need to be cleaned in the spring!

09/25/2016

April G.

Fine, but fine print showed more limitations to offer the originally thought.

Description of Work
Gutters cleaned

05/14/2015

Tim M.

They did work for me two years ago and it went well. I gave them a "A" rating on all categories. Needed some additional work done so I called them and gave them several days I would be available to meet. No response for a week so I called back on a Friday morning and asked again for a call to schedule a visit.. No response. Called again the following Monday afternoon and was put through to John the owner. No mention from him of why I wasn't called back, but said he would be in my area the next day about noon. Told him I had an appointment at noon for an hour but I asked him to call me when he was close by to see if we could work out a meeting time. He never called. It's three days later and I haven't heard from him. It's disappointing. I wanted to be loyal to a business that had provided good service in the past. I wold have understood if I had been told on the first call that they were backed up and couldn't get to me for a week or two. I would have waited. Now I'll be looking for another company on Angie's list.

Description of Work
Did not respond to three phone calls.

04/16/2015

MIKE & MARSHA A.

I phoned in early March to get an estimate to replace our upper rear gutter and install gutter guard and was told that someone would get back to me to set up a time. I phoned a week later when no one got in touch with me and was told that someone would come two days later. Someone did arrive as promised and took measurements, and an estimate was emailed to me several days later after I phoned to inquire about it. We also got estimates from two other highly rated companies on Angie's List. Although A-1 was not my first choice, I chose not to argue about it with my husband, and we went with A-1 based largely on price. I emailed our agreement to the contract and phoned again a week later when I did not receive a response indicating that my email had been received. At this time I spoke with Cyndi about scheduling. She explained that they were backed up due to weather but that I would receive a call a day or so in advance when they were able to get out. I also explained that my son works evenings and that I would prefer work to be done in the afternoon so that he would have the morning to sleep. After a month without hearing anything from them, I phoned to ask when the work might be done. Cyndi promised to check into it and get back to me. She called later in the afternoon so say that they had been by earlier in the day but no one had been at home. (So much for receiving a day's notice.) She told me that they would be back the following day, probably in the afternoon. She also asked that we have the soffit pieces that came down available for them to put back. I pointed out that the contract specifically stated that they would "Furnish labor and materials to replace Owner's soffit panels." She explained that this was merely boilerplate language and that they were expecting to reuse the original materials. When I said that this was misleading, she agreed. Although I agree with the decision to reuse the materials if they are in good condition, this should have been stated in the contract. I was left wondering what else they had inserted into the contract that they weren't going to do! Their crew arrived shortly after 10:00 am and completed the job about noon. The gutters look good from ground level and appear to have been installed competently, but we have no way of judging the quality of installation. I suppose we will get some idea the first time it rains. They did a good job cleaning up before leaving. I became extremely frustrated with this company because of the lack of communication on their part. I had to initiate every interaction. While their price was good and I have every reason to think they did a competent job, I would not hire them again and cannot recommend them because of this lack communication.

Description of Work
The company replaced the rear gutter, a section of fascia, fascia wrap, and the top portion of the downspout. All of these came down during the winter due to the weight of ice. Installed new gutter guard to keep out leaves.