A-1 Concrete Leveling

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 1995

No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact - Linda McClure. Additional DBA - Nichols Concrete Services Inc. Award winning.

mudjacking (334)concrete repair (108)foundation repair (42)concrete driveways (28)basement waterproofing (10)excavating (4)stamped concrete (2)snow removal (1)lawn & landscaping (1)HVAC Companies (1)

04/22/2021

Ross H.

Leveled a set of concrete steps. There was a 2 inch gap between steps and porch foundation that was filled with concrete. The concrete is crumbling and falling out on the top and both sides of the steps. This is not covered by their warranty. Looks terrible, waste of $600.

Description of Work
Concrete steps leveled

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

Review for A-1 Concrete Leveling - 2199 Lockbourne Rd, Columbus, OH - 39303495

11/23/2020

laura M.

Jim and Eric did an EXCELLENT job and I would highly recommend them. I was very pleased with the results including the clean up once the work was performed.

Description of Work
Sidewalk and driveway apron were raised/leveled

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

09/08/2020

Siddhesh S.

A1 did a professional job with leveling the driveway apron and the concrete walking path leading to the house. Everything looks good and is holding its level now.

Description of Work
Leveling driveway apron. Sealing cracks in concrete.

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

04/22/2020

SHARON R.

We set up an inspection for a free quote while at the home and garden show. They emailed a quote and we responded that we'd like to move forward. They called us a couple of days before they came out. The used their method to level the sidewalk (3 panels) where there had been at least a 1 1/2 to 2" difference between 2 panels. Makes a huge difference for anyone taking a walk!

Description of Work
Needed sidewalk panel(s) lifted

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/22/2020

09/06/2019

DEE AND TIM M.

They did an excellent job and I would definitely hire them again. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They leveled some concrete on a pad and service walk.

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

09/06/2019

DEE AND TIM M.

Description of Work
They leveled some concrete on a pad and service walk.

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

08/29/2019

DAVID R.

A-1 called the day before coming out to perform work. The crew showed up and got to work and completed the job in less than 1 hour. Raised one of the slabs on our sidewalk by our porch by over 2 1/2 inches - making sure that it was level and actually sloped it slightly so that water would run away from the house. Great job!

Description of Work
Sidewalk Lifted

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

06/22/2019

Rebecca .

Very good and right on schedule. They drilled a hole and pumped in the concrete to raise it up. They also leveled out the small front sidewalk along side of it.

Description of Work
Raise up my front concrete steps.

Work Completed On 06/30/2019

04/19/2019

Kevin O.

First off the work was completed and done very well. The journey to get there was a lot more difficult than it should have been. The initial estimate was quick but I had a question on the estimate and it took a week to get the person back out. Work was done first time but they missed a section of the sidewalk and the guys were very sloppy with concrete left in the grass, mulch beds and over my landscape lighting. Called and they were going to send a crew out to finish the job. Crew came, did the wrong part of the sidewalk and I was sent an invoice for $350 more than the estimate. Called back and they were going to have someone back out to finish the job, I asked about the invoice and was told I don't know. The night before they were to come out I was called to confirm, I asked about the bill and the response was yeah I guess the original amount. Overall work was great but did not appreciate the interaction to get the job done

Description of Work
Concrete leveling for walkway and sidewalk

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

12/26/2018

Jeff B.

It was a fantastic! Far exceeded our expectation.

Description of Work
They did a foundation repair, straightening our walls, putting in a concrete pad in our crawl space.

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

12/20/2018

Becky B.

They were really really good. Always cleaned up after themselves. They didn't leave a lot of stuff.

Description of Work
Foundation repair.

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

11/25/2018

Andrew F.

A-1 Concrete Leveling & Foundation Repair replaced a concrete sidewalk and porch for me in June, 2017. After winter, 2018 I noticed that a block of my sidewalk was completely filled with cracks and my porch had a rust colored stain on it. I contacted the company on 3/14/18 & was told by office personnel that Todd said they would return to replace sidewalk block & repair the porch stain. Nobody got in contact with me about scheduling. I called again on 5/4/18 and spoke to Dustin. He told me he would get back to me about my complaint by 5/8/18. I never received a phone call so I called again on 5/11/18 and talked with Linda who said Ron Nichols was the owner of the company & he would get back to me to schedule a date to come out soon. Nobody called. On 6/6/18 I called & talked again with Dustin who told me that the owner Ron Nichols was having health problems & he is the only person that does the scheduling, but he would get with him about it. No return call again. On 6/18/18 I called & again talked with Dustin who claimed that the owner had not scheduled repair yet or called him back about it. I told Dustin I was going to submit my complaint to Angie's List and the Better Business Bureau. On 6/21/18 the owner Ron Nichols came to look at the damage. He agreed to repair it and said, "I give you my word I will repair it before cold weather sets in." He also said he would contact the company that sold them the concrete about the stain on the porch which he said was some kind of ore mixed in with the concrete. On 7/24/18 I called A-1 & spoke to Dustin again who said Ron was on vacation. Left him a message telling him concrete guy had not contacted me to schedule to look at the porch nor had Ron scheduled a date yet to replace the sidewalk block. It is now 11/25/18 & I have not heard anything about scheduling for the repairs. It's almost winter. I guess Ron Nichols is not keeping "his word" to do repairs before cold weather sets in. I am very disappointed & frustrated with A-1 Concrete!

Description of Work
Sidewalk and front porch replacement

Review for A-1 Concrete Leveling - 2199 Lockbourne Rd, Columbus, OH - 37570380

We have had an extremely wet year and with early winter temperatures we cannot pour concrete. A-1 Concrete Leveling will replace this as soon as our spring temperatures allow. Ron Nichols

09/03/2018

Randall B.

Workers did a great job of leveling the patio slab outside my back door. This is the second time that I have used A-1 Concrete Leveling and will use them again. The cost is much less than concrete replacement.

Description of Work
Level a concrete patio that had sunk.

Work Completed On 07/23/2018

07/25/2018

Jeannine S.

Appointment was scheduled for 9:00 to 10:00. Didn’t show up. Called and was told their was a scheduling issue and they had it as a 1:00 appointment. Someone goofed somewhere. All the work was done to expectations.

Description of Work
Level out sidewalks

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

07/08/2018

Ben H.

Work was done well and ahead of schedule. Had a small issue with not having a long enough drill bit, but worked around by drilling a different location that still worked well for the job. Originally scheduled about 6 weeks out, but were able to move up the work because I had flexibility and they called when they had schedule changes and fit me in within 2 weeks of the estimate.

Description of Work
Raised front steps and walk that had settled about 1 inch, raised and leveled poured decorative concrete patio steps about 1/2 inch and stabilized.

Work Completed On 07/08/2018

06/26/2018

Cynthia P.

Everything about our experience was excellent - from the responsiveness of the sales rep providing answers and a quote, to the scheduling of the install and the installation itself. We are very pleased and definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Raised concrete sidewalk pads along front of house and steps to the front door that had dropped 3-6".

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

06/25/2018

David G.

These guys were awesome. When quoting the work the estimator was late but the great part was he called twice before the appointment time to apologize and gave me the choice to keep appointment or move. The work crew were a great team. They were on time, completed the in the estimated time, explained what they were doing and the end results, and cleaned everything up. They even put my hose away that I dug from the side yard for them.

Description of Work
Lifted a multi level front stoop approximately 6x8 plus accompanying steps and sidewalk

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

05/30/2018

Mike L.

I reached out to A-1 and they were extremely quick to respond. Sent someone to my house the same day to create an estimate. Had the estimate to me the next day. The estimate was lower than another company but they couldn't get someone out for about 3 weeks. I needed to get the work done sooner or I would have went with them. I would recommend and hopefully can use them in the future.

Description of Work
Step and landing levelling

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

02/06/2018

Bob G.

The company was very responsive and pleasant and provided all the information we need to deal with the situation at no cost to us.

Description of Work
Inspection of porch slab crack

Work Completed On 01/20/2018

09/21/2017

Phil B.

Great. Job was completed on schedule.

Description of Work
concrete leveling of porch step

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

09/14/2017

Maureen M.

The sewer line held and didn't collapse around the pier for 7 years, we were "lucky" they said, but when it did it was a $12,000 repair. When the plumbing company dug out around the main line you could clearly see the pier going directly through it. We called A-1 to come and see it. The owner, Ron Nichols, came and acknowledged the problem they caused and said he'd be in touch. We sent him pictures with a letter and heard nothing. Send another letter, again no reply. Finally after we had an attorney send a letter, Ron sent it to his insurance company which, of course, denied the claim saying they couldn't be sure that caused the problem. (The pictures clearly show it did and the plumbers agreed.) If we decide to follow up with lawsuit it could easily cost us another $10k in attorney fees, and we're not guaranteed a positive outcome. (I'm sure the insurance company is counting on us not pursing it further.) IF you choose to use A-1, please be aware that they take NO RESPONSIBILITY for knowing where your water and sewer lines are. When Ron came to see the damage and saw the pier going into the drain line he actually said nonchalantly, "Usually this happens in a few days" - meaning the broken main line. That was disturbing to find this wasn't a rare occurrence. We mistakenly assumed that as a professional doing this kind of work that he would find out about such things before they began working. No, they just take their chances. If all goes well on the job, you're fine but if there is a problem do NOT count on help in rectifying it.

Description of Work
We used A-1 to install 4 piers to correct a sinking foundation on a old room addition. The piers corrected the problem HOWEVER they installed one of them directly into our main sewer line.

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Review for A-1 Concrete Leveling - 2199 Lockbourne Rd, Columbus, OH - 36237932

09/08/2017

Jason P.

They did an awesome job and I didn't even need to be on site for the work.

Description of Work
Level driveway

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

09/06/2017

Ginnie A.

Excellent and guaranteed for three years to stay level

Description of Work
sidewalk leveling