Good's Electric Heating & Air

Founded 2001 • With Angi since November 2010

44779 OH-14

Columbiana, OH 44408

At Good’s Electric, Heating, and Air, our mission is Peace of Mind. We provide quality service with upfront pricing; a quote by the job, not by the hour. When you hire Good’s as your service company, you can rest assured that you made the right choice. Our friendly team has over 500 reviews, and

01/19/2018

Zambia J.

At first I was displeased with the company sending out a newbie who quoted me a crazy amount for the job, but i called the supervisor and he immediately set things right and came out for a fantastic job explaining that sometimes the training of new people requires some time. I can relate. Bottom line is I am so happy with the professionalism and courtesy these guys have shown and would def recommend. Aces!

Description of Work
Repair to a kitchen light and outlet

11/30/2017

Robert N.

Excellent: Dustin Millikin was the technician. He was prompt, efficient, knowledgeable, and patient in his explanations.

Description of Work
Routine furnace check and install float safety switch on evaporator drip pan.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/24/2017

Dawn S.

They were very personable. They came and did a good job. They showed up on time, and called when they were on their way. They gave me an estimate before they started the work, and the cost at the end matched the initial estimate.I was very satisfied with the way they answered all my questions. If I need an electrician in the future, they are going to be the first ones that I call.

Description of Work
They installed a dusk to dawn light on my garage.

06/26/2017

Mark S.

They're excellent. They do excellent work.They won't do shabby work.They charge reasonable prices; I couldn't believe how cheap he was.They were amazing! This guy, a young man that came out in his mid-20s, he knows everything.I'm gonna need a new breaker box and he opens up and he looks, because there's water damage.He takes out these plugs and moves then and he sands he and the stuff for continuity puts them back in and goes here. Now my outside lights are on, and my inside lights are on and he didn't even charge me nothing for that. That's the only contractor I'd recommend.They were so good.

Description of Work
They fixed my breaker box.

04/17/2017

mark M.

they were very helpful and gave me several options regarding the costs of the projects

Description of Work
needed estimate for several projects around the house.

04/08/2017

Roy B.

Well our saga continues … My husband and I had another great job done by Goods Electric. This time Dannie and Jon came to work on our project. Both were extremely delightful to work with. In our first review, Goods Electric came to work on our 2nd floor duplex. This time they were working on both duplexes. The project list contained installing a stronger ventilation fan in the 2nd floor bathroom and taking the replaced vent fan and installing in the first floor bathroom. This also required placing the new vent to the outside, which meant they had drill through the brick side since the roof was out of the question. We live in an historic house so we were afraid our outside would have this big ugly vent cover ruining the exterior look. Dannie found a small cover that blends well with the brick and you can’t even really see it! We had some coax cable run to various rooms, a surge protector put on the first floor electric panel, and 2-prong outlets switched to 3-prongs. Another issue we came up with was the old wiring and we wanted to make sure all outlets were protected since my mom was moving in with us. Rewiring was way too expensive and our old wiring was in good condition, so Dannie suggested having GFI-protected breakers installed to cover the old wiring. We had that done in both panels and now we feel much safer knowing that the outlets, as well as the wiring in the walls, are protected as best as they can be. Again, all of this was made possible with Clarissa doing outstanding customer service! I would also like to mention how Dannie and all other Goods employees keep things very clean – even by using booties on their footwear. I think that shows how much they care about our property. We have another project in the works currently for replacing outside lighting and will also write about that after it’s completed. They are just the best company to work with and we can’t wait to get started on our next project. As a side note … we saw them at the 2017 HBA Home & Garden show in February and signed up (without hesitation) for their new Good Club which covers all heating and cooling needs. We knew they were starting a program and happily joined. Our first appointments for checking our furnaces and air conditioners will coming up in the next couple months and will also write about that. Thanks again to Goods Electric for continuing to make our home much nicer and safer!

Description of Work
Installing a stronger ventilation fan in the 2nd floor bathroom and taking the replaced vent fan and installing in the first floor bathroom. We had some coax cable run to various rooms, a surge protector put on the first floor electric panel, and 2-prong outlets switched to 3-prongs also GFI-protected breakers installed.

02/13/2017

John S.

They did a great job. I was using them for annual maintenance until the area we live in was no longer in their territory as I understand it.

Description of Work
Installed a whole house Generator, 20KW.

Category electrician, generator service

01/09/2017

Edward E.

Overall very good professional job.

Description of Work
Outdoor outlets and breaker panel trouble shooting.

11/29/2016

Heidi V.

They were very thorough in their estimate but the price was just a little out of our realm and we found a family friend who is a certified electrician that we were able to get the work done at a really reasonable cost so that's why we didn't go with them. But they gave us an estimate and the guy was very nice and thorough and had the price been more reasonable we would have gone with them. He was very professional and very thorough, gave a lot of explanation and I think he even put these little covers on his shoes when he came in so that he did get the floor dirty or anything too, even gave me five different options to choose from with what we could have done cause we needed a lot of electrical work done in our kitchen renovations and we ended up needing it all done it's just that for the price we couldn't.

Description of Work
I used Good's Electric for plumbing estimate

11/23/2016

Robert and Carolyn O.

They are fantastic as they have always been, very efficient and very reasonable. Everything was done efficiently and complete to our satisfaction. I would recommend them in a heartbeat and will use them again. Earlier this spring, they put in outdoor lighting where there wasn't any, lighting for a flag pole, driveway lighting, front porch lighting. They've done a lot for me this year. That project was quite extensive but very reasonable. I had to call them twice to reschedule, but they were very understanding and flexible on schedule. When they say they are gonna be here, they call you in the morning and tell you how far out they are and when they say they will be here, they are here. I really can't say enough about them, their customers come first. You can rest assured when they come out that the work will be done right and they will let you know the price up front. They will take you around to all the areas they have worked on and make sure it is just how you want it. I can't think of anything negative to say about them.

Description of Work
This time, they put in an outlet, repaired a switch plate and installed surge protectors.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

Robert M.

They were really great. It was high quality and the technician was friendly and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They repaired an electrical circuit at our house.

Nancy J.

They are an excellent company. They are right on time. They are very reliable. Every worker I ever had has been excellent.

Description of Work
They serviced my generator.

Eric D.

They are very good and everything. They do fast work and come a reasonable price. They do a very good job. I had an emergency situation where I had exposed wires and they came out immediately and fixed it. It was a little bit expensive but it was my main wire. Part of the parts were a whole 50 but for the danger of it, I was willing to pay.

Description of Work
They did electrical work.

10/26/2016

Roy B.

We had a great experience with Goods Electric. Dannie (and Jeremy) were wonderful to deal with. Their work was excellent and they understood exactly what we wanted to have done. They were very professional, polite and courteous, and Dannie always gave us several options and estimates to work with. We actually had a pretty extensive list of projects that required multiple visits due to time constraints and ordering of products, but it was all coordinated very well with help of Clarissa in customer service. Our projects included old antenna removal and installation of a new one (which included running a proper ground wire) , running cat6 and coax cables through the walls to several rooms, installing GFIs to be up to code in the bathroom and kitchen, installing new outlets (one being in our bathroom closet), installing a new ventilation fan in the bathroom and venting it though our roof, installing a ceiling fan in the dining room, installing a new recirculating range hood in the kitchen since we don't having venting for the stove, installing a home surge protector for our electrical panel and installing a new timer switch for the whole house fan. Goods Electric is a quality, friendly company that we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. Dannie asked if he could put a company sign in our front yard and we have decided to just leave it out there. We do think their pricing is a bit on the high side, but the workmanship doesn’t compare to others … we’ve already had Dannie draw up new estimates for other projects! We are looking forward to doing business with them again!

Description of Work
Multiple projects - see above.

Category electrician, lighting, tv antenna, ceiling fans

06/10/2016

Anthony C.

Jesse was great! he walked me through all of the different options. Took his time and explained everything that needed to go into the project. Made a few addition suggestions that I will definitely consider here in the future. This was my first time using Good's and it was a great experience. I would definitely recommend and use again!

Description of Work
I needed to have a 220 outlet added in my basement for an electric dryer and a timer added for some outside lighting.

05/03/2016

Marlene Y.

It went well. They were on time, courteous, and friendly. I would use the company again in the future.

Description of Work
The fixed the outside light above the garage and porch.

05/02/2016

Marlene Y.

Description of Work
The fixed the outside light above the garage and porch.

04/19/2016

Mike K.

The initial appointment had us meeting with one of Goods Electricians, Danni. He was very prompt, polite, and professional and ensured that he understood exactly what we wanted. He assessed the home and came back with four options of work for us to choose from. The job we chose ran about 1150$ and consisted of fishing cabling to 3 bedrooms, and our downstairs living room. The work included a 3-month warranty. We called Goods a couple weeks later and agreed to the work. They scheduled the appointment for that Friday at noon. Danni arrived on-time and immediately set to work. He took the time to double check with me to ensure he remembered exactly what we wanted. The next few hours he spent mapping out the route that the cabling would need to take and cutting the applicable holes for the wall plates. During this time he did everything in his power to cause as little of a disturbance as possible. Small things like closing a door before drilling to keep the sound down really meant a lot. He also did an excellent job cleaning up after himself. Danni left the home around 4:45 that night and scheduled a follow-up on Monday to finish pulling the cables. The work was finished that Monday and Danni took the time to label the individual cables as well as provide me an adequate service loop should I need to change something in the future. The wires were fished through the basement, up into the walls, and into the attic where they were dropped into the bedrooms. You honestly cannot tell that they weren't part of the original home. We are extremely happy with the work that was performed for us and encourage anyone in need of electrical to give Goods a call. Their quote may be slightly higher then the competition, but rest assured that you get every penny you pay for.

Description of Work
I contacted Goods Electric to run CAT6 and Coax cables to the bedrooms in our new home.

Category electrician, basement remodeling

04/25/2015

Rebecca M.

He was professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. The work took two days, which were arranged according to my schedule, and was completed quickly and cleanly. (Seriously, there wasn't a particle of dust anywhere when he finished.) I don't know anything about electrical work, but the price seemed a little high, seeing as how I provided the new ceiling fans and motion light, but I would still hire Good's again.

Description of Work
A technician installed two ceiling fans (one a replacement fixture, the other a new fixture), a motion light and replaced two dimmer switches.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank-you [Member name removed] for the Review. As a 5-Star Company we hold each of our Technicians to a very high standard of Professionalism. It's was our Pleasure to send a Fully stocked truck out to your home and have our Technician provided you with an upfront price before the work began. If there is any way to Serve you let us know. Our Staff is here "Generating Peace of Mind...One Home at A Time". Our Pleaser Daniel Good-CEO

04/09/2015

Amy S.

They were just wonderful to deal with. Very professional, very kind, and very helpful. We did have one issue that came up afterwards, and they came out to check our electrical outlets, even though it wasn't an issue with the generator.

Description of Work
They put in a generator for us.

Category generator service

Our Pleasure. Generating "Peace of Mind" One home at a time.

12/30/2014

PAMELA B.

There was a problem with the original unit and they were outstanding and getting the manufacturer to replace it. I have recommended them to others, including the builder of my home.

Description of Work
They install the whole house emergency generator that was connected to my natural gas supply line.

Category

10/23/2014

Richard C.

The service was fine. They were very good that's why I called them back for other things. The price was fair enough. They returned phone calls quickly. He was here when they said they're gonna be.

Description of Work
I used Good's Electric. They did a hookup for me for a bathtub.

02/21/2014

Russell W.

Price was too high for the service required. Decided to do the job myself and save almost $2000.00

Category electrician

Thank you for your interest in Good's Electric, I apologize we were not in the price range you were expecting. We strive to maintain a 5-star customer satisfaction rating and are never happy to see we had a dissatisfied potential customer. There are three primary things people consider with a service company: Service, Quality, & Price, we as a company do not believe it to be fair to our current or potential customers to lower our Service & Quality and in believing that we cannot lower our prices. Again, we apologize for not being in the price range you were expecting, and hope you can reconsider us in the future. Regards, The Good Team

01/23/2014

Charles M.

I called because of good Angie's list reviews, but they were 2 weeks away from availability. Too busy to help.

Description of Work
Too busy to come out

Category electrician

Dear [member name removed], I apologize we could not help you sooner. We at Good's strive for excellence and the highest in customer satisfaction. We were very up-front and honest with you about our availability, and offer our deepest apologies for not being able to get to you sooner. But I think it speaks of the type of company we are as to the demand for our services and professionalism. Thank you for your interest in our services and hope you will reconsider us in the future even though we could not serve you this time in a quicker manner. Regards The Good Team

10/27/2013

Paulette T.

After I e-mailed Good's Electric through Angie's list I received a call the same day. They asked what service I wanted and how soon I needed the work done. I explained that it was not an emergency and I could wait a few weeks. They called me back in two weeks and set up a date to come out. The hall switch was repaired that day. David Savon the Service specialist was prompt with his arrival and was very pleasant and professional. He explained what he was going to do to evaluate what was causing my electrical problem and explained the repair. He looked at the additional two jobs I wanted done and said I would be contacted to schedule the other two jobs. I received a call two days later and the job was completed the next afternoon. The same service specialist David came out to complete the electrical work and once again he was prompt and professional. There were no surprises with the cost of the work and it included the equipment (wired smoke detector, new light fixture, bulb and pull string). The fee was based on the job not the amount of time it took to do the job. I was very happy with service provided by Good's Electric. I will use them again and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Repaired a light switch in my hall, replaced a wired smoke detector in my basement and ran a new light fixture into my sump pump storage closet in the basement

The Basement Guys - Cleveland

Super Service Award-winning company on Angie! The Basement Guys® of Cleveland is Northeast Ohio's exclusive installer of patented, trusted, and proven basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement finishing, foundation, gutter protection, gutter replacement, and concrete repair. Our trained and experienced servicemen have the answers to your home's exact problems. We've helped hundreds of Ohio homeowners remodel their basements or repair sinking foundations. We know our waterproofing, encapsulation, basement finishing, and structural repair systems work, but don't just take our word for it. Check out the testimonials from other homeowners throughout Cuyahoga Falls, Cleveland, Akron, and Northeast Ohio who have said the same thing. From a wet basement and cracks along the foundation wall to damaged concrete and gutters, The Basement Guys® of Cleveland can help with all your basement needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

LJ Construction

LJ Construction was established in 2009 and is a general contractor offering construction services in terms of Excavation and waterproofing, Decks, Roofing ( whole and repair), windows, doors, gutters, siding. exterior cleaning. Our mission is to preform for our customers the highest level quality construction services at a fair and market competitive prices. Our pledge is to establish lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding their expectations and gaining their trust through professional performance by every member of our construction team.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Heating & Cooling - Repair & Replacement, Electrical Repair, Lighting & Outlets, Generators, Panel Upgrades, Surge Protection, & Whole House Ventilation.

Solar & Wind Power. Home Theater Systems. Security Alarms.