Benedict Roofing

Founded 1950 • With Angi since February 1998

23035 Snell Rd

Columbia Station, OH 44028

Benedict Roofing was established three generations ago by Joseph Benedict I, on 25th & Denison in Cleveland Ohio. Columbia Station became the new home of Benedict Roofing when the second generation Joseph Benedict II continued the tradition of quality roofing. Today, brothers Bob Benedict and Chris

06/14/2021

Carolyn R.

tear off and replacement of house shingles and a complete roof removal and rebuild of my porch roof.

Description of Work
They promptly returned my call for an estimate and showed up to give the estimate at the scheduled time. They arrived on time as they said they would to start the job. They were very careful with my landscaping and plants. They were friendly and courteous and cleaned up thoroughly when the job was finished. I was told it would be a 2 day job but they actually completed it all in 1 day working through rain. Eric would not take any payment until the job was completed. He was wonderful to work with and explained exactly was he was planning to do when he gave me the estimate. I would highly recommend them if you have any roofing issues.

07/15/2020

Daniel T.

They replaced a three level roof, a shed roof, a skylight, and added gutter guards in the sweltering heat in three days commencing on July 8. They worked diligently and completed the job in the quoted amount of time. There were no surprised additional costs. We are extremely pleased and highly recommend Benedict Roofing for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
New roof and gutter guards.

10/06/2018

Evan F.

Bob showed up on a Saturday, after making contact on Friday. I was impressed he showed up on a weekend, and was appreciative of his responsiveness. The entire "boot" replacement work (around the vent pipe) took about 10 minutes, replacing a clearly corroded one that has been there for about 20 years. Excellent price, responsive service and a friendly person made for a great experience.

Description of Work
Leaking roof vent repaired

07/25/2018

Ann T.

Bob Benedict and crew were professional and kind. I am very pleased with my new roof. What I like about Benedict Roofing is that Bob was on the job 100% of the time working with the crew. He just did not send a crew out, he was here with them. He takes pride in his work, which he should. Price was very reasonable. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
New Roof on cluster home

12/21/2017

CHRIS R.

Chris and his crew were prompt, professional, neat, and kept noise down to a minimum as much as can be for this type of project. They took care of all debris and were careful with plants. Due to rain, they had to stop before completion, but placed tarp for protection and were back first thing the following morning to get it done. They did a lot of work for the money, which was quite reasonable after researching some other companies. If you want quality, this is the place to go.

Description of Work
Tear down of old roof, replaced boards, hand nailed new shingles over new liner. Added shield along the roof edges, new chimney flashing, new ridge vent system along the front of house.

11/21/2017

Robert B.

What a company! A little more expensive than the companies that use air compressors to nail the roof but my last hand nailed roof lasted 26 years so I think hand nailing is the way to go. Bob started the quoting process by giving me homework! He explained that I should do a few things to repair my chimney. Told me exactly how to do it myself and what to buy. The other three roof quotes never mentioned it. As seen in other reviews his crew are nice guys. They came to work! A very good experience.

Description of Work
Hand nailed roof and gutters install.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

11/17/2017

erin D.

Great. They did a great job. There were ZERO nails left in the yard. The clean up was wonderful. The job was quick and professional. I have no complaints. Would ABSOLUTELY do business with them again.

Description of Work
New Roof, Gutter, Boards Under Roof

10/31/2017

Sandy D.

Went very well and were done in two and a half days. Cleaned up around the house and hauled away all the debris. Bob and his crew did an excellent job and were very courteous.

Description of Work
Tear off of old roof and replacement of deck and shingles. Also, new gutters, downspouts. Added gutter guard.

10/09/2017

Kathleen A.

Excellent! Bob and his crew were great. Nice gentlemen, very professional and the clean up was fantastic. We have used Benedict Roofing again for small siding/gutter work and he was prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
New roof installed on ranch home,

Category roofing, siding

07/04/2017

Ed W.

GREAT company. The men were professional, reliable, and very competent. He did not sell me anything I didn't need and he knows his business. Very neat, no mess left behind. Professional in this business.

Description of Work
Complete roof repair and replacement

06/28/2017

JEREMY L.

No one could do a higher quality, professional job. Clean up was perfect.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear off and new shingles, flashing and other work. Benedict was the best home improvement company I have ever worked with. They went above and beyond what what contracted for. The crew is very professional and pleasant and clean up was complete. I can't say enough for their work. They then did the house across the street and did the same great job. You can't go wrong with Bob Benedict.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

05/12/2017

Ken H.

FANTASTIC. These guys were very professional. Finished the job in less than 3 days. Did very quality work and cleaned up completely. You can't miss with Benedict Roofing!

Description of Work
Tear-off and replaced my roof

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, chimney repair

12/10/2016

Patricia W.

Excellent workmanship,excellent expertise in all details, excellent grade of shingles, includes 30 year transferable guarantee from shingle manufacturer, the owner of Benedict Roofing hand hammered shingles and was present at all times to guide and supervise his entire team of workers each of which demonstrated their own excellent expertise in workmanship. Several very serious problems were discovered in my roof..problems caused by the previous roofer. Benedict roofing took the enormous time, and effort to correct all problems with new wood and their roofing expertise.My house is now in better condition..more safe, secure and protected..I TRUST and KNOW that. Bob Benedict(the owner) has promised that he will come over anytime I have a problem with the roofing in the next 10 years..and I trust in Bob completely. I KNOW that Bob CARES. Bob and everyone of his workers are kind, caring, human beings with skills on the level of supreme excellence. I also want to mention that they gave great care to protecting my new siding from being injured during the roofing process. They also did an excellent job with cleanup..there was never a time when anything was left behind to clean up.I had no concerns about my neighbor with a young child needing to be warned about a mess of nails or old roofing around my house as there was NO mess at anytime. Thank you Bob and your staff which we learned to adore with all our hearts. also.. My house is over 95 years old..and Bob understood and worked well with the effect of wood that was not always 'straight". The price was FAIR..and right in line with the other old homes roofed by Benedict Roofing on our street. I am VERY happy and HIGHLY recommend Benedict Roofing!!

Description of Work
new roof house and garage including tear off of old roofing and removal of old and purchase and insertion of new skylight.

Category roofing, skylights

10/14/2016

JEANNIE W.

We had Benedict install a full roof while we were on vacation. The roof looks great and we're happy with the product. However, our 50 year old Japanese Maple was butchered by the crew. They literally chopped off half the tree. This was a tree with graceful limbs and posed not hinderance to the crew. They could have EASILY worked around it. I guess they were lazy and didn't want to. We are devastated by the loss of this very special tree. Once I contacted Benedict they played dumb and then denied they had done it. Over and over they denied it and then stated that the limbs were dead. However, they left the cut branches from our oak trees, the neighbors Sweetgum tree and OUR MAPLE tree on the tree lawn. It was obvious that the limbs were quite alive when they were chopped off. The owner offered one thousand dollars off the price but the denials and "stories" were too much for us to consider hiring them again.

Description of Work
Full roof tear off and install.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

We are sorry the homeowner feels this way. Our crew does everything in their power to construct a beautiful roof that remains tight in the roughest weather. We had to replace a great many sheets of plywood and needed a limb-free space to carry them up the ladder and onto the roof in order to be safe. I would like to thank the homeowner for providing the address so others can see for themselves what a great job our crew has done and how her tree has filled out after the trim. We wish them all the best and a happy summer.

04/15/2016

Flo T.

We went with a different contractor.

Description of Work
They never responded to the request for a roofing estimate

We have no record of her call. Strongsville is right next door. We would have been happy to make an appointment with her.

04/10/2016

Arthur/Cindy L.

Good installation. Nicely done. Drains correctly, looks nice and give a much larger view through the adjacent windows. Done promptly and quickly. Nice gentle man to work with. Very knowledgeable and experienced.

Description of Work
Fabricate and install a straight section of new gutter.

09/17/2015

Jennifer G.

They met all of our expectations and did it at a resonable cost. We had several estimates and Benedict Roofing was lower than all the rest, but they didn't skimp on the quality of the work or materials.

Description of Work
Benedict Roofing replaced the wood sheathing on our roof and straightened out the ridgeline in addtiona to all new shingles.

05/26/2015

Betty Z.

It went wonderfully. They were professional, clean, came when they said they would and completed the job on time. Cost was reasonable compared to other estimates. I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a great job.

Description of Work
They did a complete tear off and replacement with a new roof.

05/16/2015

Scott M.

We called and talked to Chris on Weds. He came out that day or the next to look at the job and left us a quote. We spoke a couple of more times to clarify some details and he completed the work between Friday and Saturday that week. He was able to match the color on the existing colors and the work turned out great! We will definitely be using this company in the future.

Description of Work
We had a soil stack replaced on our second story roof, new gutter guards installed on the same second floor roof, and a 20', 6' gutter installed with corresponding downspout.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/23/2015

helen M.

They did a very good job with the work. They arrived at 8am and left around 5:30-6pm. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They did a total replacement of the roof.

03/20/2015

Amy M.

After getting three quotes we decided to go with Benedict roofing because they offered a fair price and they back up the work they do. They showed up on time, they were always friendly, and they worked hard to fix our very damaged roof. I would not hesitate to hire them again. Our roof looks fantastic and I don't have to worry about it leaking every winter now.

Description of Work
Tear off of two layers, replaced rotting boards under roof, added venting, and replaced with beautiful new shingles.

06/03/2014

michael C.

Couldn't have asked for a better job. The crew was great. The yard was cleaned better than I could have imagined. The owner was on site the entire time. Couldn't have asked for a better experience with a contractor.

Description of Work
Tear off of old roof. Install new roof.

05/13/2014

John G.

Replaced shingles on pole barn which included: removal of old shingles and nails, clean up and haul away of all debris, installation of roofing felt and new shingles (hand nailed). Job was completed in less than one day and by my measures was done very thoroughly and professionally and at a very reasonable price. The shingles have lifetime warranty and are transferable to next owner. The team was extremely hardworking and efficient in getting the job done rapidly and correctly which left me with a confidence that I'd spent my money very well.

04/07/2014

LYNN S.

They replaced the skylights and redid the the shingles around the area.

Description of Work
They fixed the water leakage in my kitchen coming from from the skylights.

03/13/2014

Gretchen V.

Chris Benedict was extremely professional and knowledgeable. He was very punctual for his estimate and explained his company's services in detail. His crew was polite and very neat. They provided qualify service and even had to work around snow. I would highly recommend Benedict Roofing.

Description of Work
Complete tear-off and replacement of roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing