YellowLite

Founded 2009 • With Angi since October 2010

1925 St. Clair Ave NE Suite #250

Cleveland, OH 44114

Yellowlite, is committed to excellence in the design and Installation of our renewable energy system and to educating our customers on ways to reduce their consumption and use energy more efficiently. We genuinely believe that Solar in an important energy source that will continue to grow in prominence and scale and we hope to continue being a part of the growing clean energy movement....

solar companies (28)roofing (2)electrician (13)

06/23/2021

Judie A.

They did a good job and everything works fine. They stood behind their work and we would hire them again.

Description of Work
They installed 24 solar panels, along with an inverter, safety panel, wiring, and a Testa storage battery.

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

02/15/2021

Stuart L.

Yellowlite did a great job. They were competitive against other solar installers, and then offered an end of the year discount that made them the winning bid. Gross cost was $2.53/W, and I will get 26% back as a tax credit. It took ~8 weeks from signing contract to install, and installation took 3 days for the electrician, 1 day for rooftop crew. They were very flexible and great to work with. For example, instead of routing conduit on the roof to connect two separate panel sections, I asked them to go through the attic, and they made the change without a second thought. The quality was great, and the electrician took his time to make the installation look good. The city inspector didn't spend much time looking at the system once he knew it was YellowLite--he was already familiar with their quality. Although the final 20% was earned for them upon startup, I did have to chase down permitting status with the utility, but only lost 1.5 weeks of solar (in cloudy February).

Description of Work
Installation of rooftop solar

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

07/13/2020

Elaine K.

From the point of contact to the city inspection this project went really well. The electrician who did the bulk of the installation was great. The installation was done in February in Cleveland so this was not easy. There was one delay. The connection from the panels to the rest of the system had to be revised. They handled getting approval from our cities Architectural Review Board, getting the building permit, final approval from the city and all the communications with the utility. We love our system.

Description of Work
Solar panels, inverter, Powerwall 2 AC, Generation Panel, Utility Meter and AC Disconnect.

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

06/23/2020

Martin H.

Generally well. They caused some unnecessary roof damage when relocating some panels, but they paid for my preferred roofer to fix it with no trouble. Generally great people to work with and a bargain compared to their competitors.

Description of Work
Installed a 12.5 MW home solar array

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

06/20/2020

Jamey D.

Install went great. Had some minor issues with scheduling for the inspection but those were resolved quickly. I really liked using, communicating, and paying with the buildertrend app. I later had a consumption meter installed as well by Yellowlite and would highly recommend it to be able to get the whole picture for your energy generation and use! I would have them do future installs if ever need them.

Description of Work
Solar panels installed

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

Review for YellowLite - 1925 St. Clair Ave NE, Cleveland, OH - 38658765

06/20/2020

Teresa D.

They were very friendly, informative and easy to work with. They were very expedient to resolve any concerns I had and to help me understand what was going on.

Description of Work
Solar panel install purchased from another company

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

06/19/2020

Craig C.

Yellowlite did a great job. First Energy dropped the ball several times, but Yellowlite’s team always managed to help solve any problems. Great team to work with. We will use them again when we add more batteries to our system.

Description of Work
Solar and battery installation

Category electrician, roofing, solar panels

06/19/2020

Nancy T.

Work was done timely and without disturbance to our routine.

Description of Work
Solar panels installed

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

06/18/2020

Laura O.

Great. Its working so well, the electric company sent me a check.

Description of Work
Solar system installed.

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

06/18/2020

Terry S.

We chose YellowLite because they provided the best price per kilowatt of the companies we looked at. They were responsive to our many questions and concerns, and did the install faster than expected, with a little help from mother nature and a warm winter. The install went smooth, even with us on vacation during the final connection. We are very happy with our rooftop array and we have been generating more power than we have used the last 3 months, something to continue to look forward to for years to come!

Description of Work
Solar panel array install

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

05/17/2019

Carolyn O.

My April, 2019 electric bill was $1.05. I am amazed at the solar production of my YellowLite system in NE Ohio. We installed 20 solar panels (6.2 kW) in July, 2018 after learning that some friends used YellowLite and were happy with their installation. The company was helpful teaching us the ins and outs of solar power before we made our purchase. YellowLite handled all the permits and paperwork with our electric company so we didn't have to. The installation crew and electricians did a great job. The SolarEdge app is a great way to see how much power we're generating on any given day. We picked YellowLite because they have a long track record of solar installations. We're already planning to buy more panels sometime in the future as we've since bought an electric vehicle. Solar power is essential to a clean environment and we're happy to invest in a cleaner world for future generations. YellowLite did a great job for us.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

Review for YellowLite - 1925 St. Clair Ave NE, Cleveland, OH - 37881110

Thank you for the review and we appreciate you feedback!

06/13/2018

Kelly P.

Yellowlite was the first solar installer to provide a quote and maintained constant contact throughout the bid process, being available to answer all our questions.

Description of Work
Solar Panels

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

Thank you for the review and we appreciate you feedback!

10/22/2017

Paul E.

Yellow light never showed up to give an estimate and never returned phone calls.

Description of Work
Solar panels on a car port and electric car charging station.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], Hope all is well. Do you know the name of the consultant that you were working with? I tried to look you up in our system, but I could not find any details. You can also reach me at 216 526 0313. we would love to give you a quote and schedule a visit. Thank you Azam kazmi

10/18/2017

Casey W.

Went very well. From start to finish, they were highly responsive and easy to work with. The installers were great and all were very customer friendly and focused.

Description of Work
YellowLite designed, got approval for, and installed a 10kw solar system on our home.

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

01/24/2017

Kevin J.

They were very prompt and very quick. They were very responsive. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did an installation of solar panels.

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

12/06/2016

Robert M.

Certified Solar consultant Ibrahim Jadaliah was very personable, knowledgeable, punctual and helpful in accessing our solar system size and layout. He made two personal visits to our home plotting the ground requirements for the system (one a very hot sunny day) spending time to measure, explain and analyze the best approach to minimizing our very high AEP bills. His price was very competitive and I was impressed with all of the service and materials included. All his excellent and diligent effort was for naught due to unavailable financing in our particular situation, but I was impressed enough with his professional and over the top efforts to help us get this done that I just had to write a review. I would highly recommend YellowLite to anyone interested in a top notch Solar Installation company and will call them in the future as circumstances dictate.

Description of Work
A 21,000 kW ground mounted solar ystem

Work Completed On 11/04/2016

10/27/2015

Michael B.

I was probably Cody's most annoying customer this year, but he still went above and beyond for us. We had him do an assessment at the end of 2014. He was persistent and responsive, and connected us with a neighbor who had Yellowlite install their panels. After doing some research, we decided that this was the year to install our panels. He hooked us up with an Eco-Link loan to get the project done. He came out to our place multiple times in response to my incessant inquiries to ensure that we ended up with the most efficient and resilient system we could get. He explored multiple different locations, offered solutions to address concerns with certain locations (e.g., had his roofing crew quote us on a roof replacement to be combined with the install). He arranged a 3-way call with Ali to sort through the technical issues involved with the various possible scenarios. In the end he innovated a solution that provided us the best compromise possible for our situation - a grid-tied system in the most efficient location available, with a disconnect switch to divert DC energy to an outlet that would charge solar generators manufactured by a 3rd party company in the case of a grid outage. The installers were professional and installed a beautiful system. And Ali even came out to our property after the installers had already instructed my wife on the system, in order to ensure that I understood the operations. Granted, there were some issues with inaccurate invoices, but those were resolved quickly and easily. It also would have been nice if they had someone who could have helped us to ensure compatibility between the 3rd party equipment and the backup generator input. But really, that's not their responsibility, and they referred us to a qualified electrician. Overall, we were very pleased with Yellowlite, and would recommend them to anyone considering a solar PV installation.

Description of Work
Installed solar PV array

Category electrician, roofing, solar panels

Work Completed On 07/31/2015

Hi [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your review and thank you for your business. Thank you

07/23/2015

William M.

It went very well. The crew arrived late do to car/Trailer problems. But they worked late and got the system installed on time. They were very nice and professional and explained the system in detail afterwards. The office support and on-line monitoring of the solar power generating is awesome. I can't wait for the first full month on generation and reduced electric bill.

Description of Work
Installed Solar system at my house

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

07/16/2015

Ed R.

I am very happy with the design, price, installation, and functioning of the entire system. The sales rep was knowledgeable about all aspects of the products and choices. The system design engineer was easy and pleasant to work with. The installation team did a very nice job. The system has been working very well for over a year and a half now.

Description of Work
YellowLite designed and installed a 10KW solar panel system on my house.

Work Completed On 12/18/2013

Hello [Removed member name], We appreciate your review and we are glad you are satisfied with our services. Thank you

07/15/2015

Stephen W.

Staff was knowledgeable, courteous, punctual, personable, and professional in every aspect of the installation. Any concerns were then and to date handled in the same exemplary manner. I have and continue to recommend this company with pride to all!

Description of Work
Install 48 solar panels and micro inverters along with all framing and electrical equipment necessary for optimum performance

Work Completed On 09/01/2011

Hello [member name removed]. We appreciate your review and thank you for feedback.TC

07/13/2015

Tom D.

Super. Complete turnkey with all the filings, installation and follow up. Outstanding start to finish.

Description of Work
Engineer and provide/install 30 solar panels on my house roof

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for giving us a review. We appreciate your business. TY

07/12/2015

GREGORY B.

The YellowLite team was great. From the beginning, I was given all of the details of how the whole process would work out. I was given options for different sized systems from a pricing stand point and able get my questions and concerns answered. The whole team was professional and personable. I received quotes from a couple other installers and YellowLite was competitive. They did all of the leg work up front to make sure there wouldn't be any unexpected costs. In the end, they were actually able to provide a higher quality panel at the same price the competition was quoting for the lower end panels (all though all the installers that I contacted were quoting good quality panels)

Description of Work
Full solar system installation (lock key - panels+inverters+wiring+installation+permit)

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

Hello [Removed member information], We appreciate your review and We are glad that you are happy with our services. Thank you

07/09/2015

John R.

The installation crew worked steadily and professionally, using safe practices as they climbed on the house, being careful to attach securely the new equipment to the roof. It appeared that they were not familiar with the Solar Edge inverter, but wound up making all connections correctly and neatly. The installation worked exactly as it was advertized. My only complaints have to do with the slowness of YellowLite's arrangements with our electric utility (South Central Power) and with Sol Systems, the company marketing our SRECs. While the Solar Edge online monitoring system works superbly, I had to install hardware that I feel was YellowLite's responsibility. Overall, I'm pleased with the outcome, and would recommend YellowLite to others.

Description of Work
Installed a 5.6 kW solar PV array on the roof of my house.