West Park Animal Hospital

With Angi since September 2002

4117 Rocky River Dr

Cleveland, OH 44135

West Park Animal Hospital...

02/22/2020

Connie P.

Called during the day as my dog was whining and i believed her UTI was back. Told to give her a bath and wait it out...they were open till 1am. At 830pm my dog was just miserable. Called again and suggested we come in or waut and do a walk in at 8am. My daughter arrived home from work and took oir dog in at 930pm. She was turned away ...there were 3 girls at the desk...one got up and spoke to the Vet...cane back and told my daughter that the Dr said we are not taking anymore pets tonight. My daughter called me crying...so i called there and asked whatvwas going on. I was told that the Dr is not taking anymore pets...i asked whyband was told that they had some things to wrap up and then the Vet was going to do a procedure. My reply was..this just came about? And there is not another Vet to take patients....reply...No, that is just how it is. I asked then why 3 girls up front...reply...so we be here to give medication. I stated , so you can fill meds, thought you said Dr was going into surgery? Oh....no were here if RX were filled already and someone stops in. WTH...glad the owners can afford you 3 sitting there and must be some heavy meds to need that much help...but cant have 2 Vets during open hours. Very disappointed as we have been going there a long time and this is the wnd time in 2yrs this has happened. Wondering if it just the Vet this place employees, Administration or the owners .

Description of Work
Dog seen for UTI

04/18/2019

Candice M.

The vets there were negligent in their care resulting in my cat’s death. The missed the clear tooth infection, never provided me with my cat’s complete medical records, and refused to reimburse me for the costs associated with their misdiagnosis. I do not know how they have these positive reviews on here because once I mention what happened to my cat to others, I have been told by multiple people that they were warned away from West Park Animal Hospital due to their substandard care. Please don’t let your pet become a victim to this place. Go elsewhere.

Description of Work
I initially brought my cat in for an issue with her eye. She then developed a severe ear infection on the same side as the eye and I brought her in again. The eye continued to not get better so I brought her in yet again. She later began to drool and I called and was told it was likely due to the eye. I eventually brought my cat to another vet. Turns out my cat had a tooth infection the entire time causing the other issues and the vet somehow completely missed it. By time it was diagnosed, it was too late and we could never get the infection under control and she died.

10/17/2017

Jane A.

Even at 1 pm, the waiting room was full of barking dogs. My cat wasn't bothered by it, but a more timid animal would freak out. The vet did not do a thorough wellness exam. She didn’t take the cat's temperature and didn’t use a comb to check for fleas. She checked her eyes and ears without using a light for the exam. She didn’t ask what we were feeding her; I had to ask if there were recommendations. The room didn’t seem that clean, and there was no indication that it had recently been wiped down between patients. The exam took about five minutes. I guess you get what you pay for. I wouldn't recommend this vet for cats.

Description of Work
wellness visit for healthy cat (new client)

Rosine T.

All of that was no charge. Awesome. We've been going there about ten years now.

Description of Work
They checked him to make sure everything was okay. They changed the chip that was in him over to us.

Rosine T.

That includes the medicine. We've been going there for years, and years, and years. It went well. We didn't have to wait too long. It's a regular hospital. They're open until one o'clock in the morning so someone is always there.

Description of Work
This time he had fleas. He needed some shots also.

Rosine T.

That includes all the shots for the years and everything else. They're always very competent. You don't have to wait for too long. They're competent. The dogs like them too.

Description of Work
Regular checkup.

09/06/2017

Fred B.

They're average on price. I've taken her there her whole life. The facility is nice. It's clean; it's modern. I don't have to leave my pet, they do it right there.

Description of Work
Just an annual check-up, that and a rabies shot.

07/31/2017

Paul M.

I've been using them for 15 years. I have a pretty good relationship with them. I go there because I have always had multiple dogs and would give me discount. They have been absolutely fine.

Description of Work
I took all of my dogs in for their yearly shots.

07/28/2017

ROSANNE B.

Their prices are kind of high. They are very good with the animals, they treat them well, and they explain things to you regarding your pet and what their needs are. I have been with them for 2 years. I keep going back because it's close to my house and the hours and the veterinarian staff. Sometimes I have to wait on the phone for awhile when I call them.

Description of Work
We have cat and we took her in for a follow up, because she has kidney issues.

06/01/2017

James G.

They are close. ?You can request the same doctor if you need to. Some of them have actually have a personal relationship with our pets. Those are the two key things. The wait time depends on if it's an emergency. I would hope somebody would wait for me if I was in there with my dog in an emergency, so I don't complain about any kind of wait. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They provide veterinary services.

Veterinarians