VOLPE MILLWORK

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 1997

4500 LEE RD

Cleveland, OH 44128

Volpe Millwork, Inc. is a full-service contractor, providing construction, remodeling, fabrication and repair services. Volpe Millwork has a full in-house architectural woodwork and cabinet shop with in-house design and drawing services. We have full-time carpenters and cabinetmakers with an average of 10+ years with our company and an average of 20+ years, each in the trades. Subcontractors for electrical, plumbing, HVAC and masonry work are used for larger scale projects. Subcontractors are supervised by our full-time employees. We have worked with most of our subcontractors between 10 and 20 years. We register within the counties and cities we work in, have full insurance and workmans compensation. General service calls have a 3 hour min. charge including travel time. Materials and material pick-up are not included in min 3 hour service charge. Design work has a 3 hour base fee. Detailed Estimates are free. References upon request....

12/03/2017

Tasia H.

The company owner came out the day after I initially emailed him. He was very prompt, very courteous, and very professional. He took meticulous measurements and said he'd send an estimate to replace and few flat side pieces with one rounded groove and a simple arched top piece, the latter with a depth of ~3 inches. I was impressed and determined to go with the company, that is, until I received the quote in the mail about 2 weeks after his visit. The quote was extraordinarily detailed. I now know that they charge more than $125 to load the truck and that they charge again to unload the truck at the site. Two coats of paint on the exterior door trim costs in excess of $300. There are some things that are billed twice for the same action and are listed using slightly different language. I applaud the transparency, but my goodness. I'm sure the work is impeccable, but there's no way the quality of the workmanship justifies a price that is no less than 7 times higher than any other quote I received.

Description of Work
Molding around front door replaced using pressure-treated wood. According to John Volpe, the door frame is solid and in good shape and doesn't need replacing.

01/12/2016

Paul C.

It was disappointing. I called Volpe Millwork because they received an "A" grade. Apparently grades on Angies List mean nothing.

Description of Work
I spoke to someone at Volpe Millwork to schedule an estimate for custom woodwork in my home, to be completed in March 2016, after our tenants move out, She said I would receive a call back that day (specifically After 1pm). John Volpe never called back.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, woodworking

09/29/2014

SHARON T.

The cabinets are excellent. I like that they created a cabinet that matched my roofing cabinetry so it looks excellent.

Description of Work
I used the services of Volpe Millwork. They did a custom cabinetry.

Category custom cabinets

08/27/2013

Dan C.

It was excellent. He did a great job. He does custom millwork for any kind of specialty wood. There is no work application and he's definitely someone to work with.

Description of Work
Custom door hanging.

02/05/2013

Gerrit B.

The door was in rough shape, but architecturally beautiful. They took door awat, stripped it, filled in cracks, sanded, reploy'd, attached new hardware, also rebuilt frame on house (moorish arch) and also built custom wood screen/storm door. Did a great finish carpentry job.

Description of Work
Front entrance Door Refurbished

10/04/2012

Christina S.

John Volpe returned my initial call promptly and scheduled a walk through within 24 hours. He provided a very detailed and transparent estimate. He had lots of suggestions on how I might save some money and assisted me in selecting the correct hardware for the job. He scheduled the work, and collaborated with the painter working on the front door to make sure everything got done in the right order. The carpenter was a pleasure to have at my house, and once completed, John personally came to inspect the work and receive final payment. A completely professional outfit from start to finish with gret outcome... highly recommend. It was a little pricey, but I got what I paid for- excellent work.

Description of Work
Re-hung front door w new hinges and hardware. Repaired metal weatherstripping and sill, added deadbolt and mail slot. Replaced weatherstripping on two other exterior doors. Added the missing secure closure/latch on sliding patio door. All doors old, required finesse and creativity.

04/28/2012

Laurence B.

Not a great experience as the contractor came and went and never even gave us a quote.We recently got the work done on our own(outside of Angie's list) and the price and quality of the work was fabulous.You need to get Enhance as one of your service providers for cabinet refinishing.

Description of Work
The above contractor did come and look at the work needed but never contacted us with a quote.On our own we found a contractor( Enhance) who refinished all our cabinets .They did an excellent job at a very reasonable price.Instead of Volpe you should have Enhance as a preferred service provider.

04/24/2012

LESLIE T.

It was a pretty complex job. We had a big hallway and all of the spindles had to be exact. We needed a finish carpenter for this job. They were professional. They did a good job.

Description of Work
He came to replace the spindles in our hallway in our old home.

09/14/2011

Carol P.

John was exceptionally careful in the way he approched and carried out this project. He made sure not to mar the paint on the wood door and he installed the slot beautifully. I had had a hard time finding a company to do a small project like this but this was carried out in a professional and meticulous manner.

Description of Work
Installed a brass mail slot in my front door.

08/18/2011

GREGORY H S.

Very professional in appearance and presentation. Would likely hire this firm if interested in higher-end renovations.

Description of Work
Contacted firm to provide estimates for storm damage repair to residential property. Mr. Volpe advised very early and honestly in appointment that his firm does not deal with insurance company repairs, then proceded to review condition of home. He gave many valuable pointers to watch for during the eventual repair process.

Category home inspection

02/24/2011

NORMAN T.

Owner and crew involved were professional, detailed, and very neat. We would recommend working with them on small or large job.

Description of Work
Reinforced roof and installed a skylight. Leveled floor in foyer and new addition. Prep and installation of new ceramic tile flooring. Misc. carpentry and drywall throughout.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, skylights, woodworking

05/18/2010

JOHN G.

Very professional, responsive. Undercounter refaced cabinetry has not 'weathered' well.

Description of Work
Installed corian, kitchen counters and breakfast areaa. Installed JenAir stovetop, exhaust, refashioned undercounter wood cabinet.

Category countertops, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

08/13/2008

MARGOT S.

It was very expensive, but he was always on time. They did a very good job with daily clean up and the job that was done was exquisite. Everything was done right. Any time that I had a question they got back to me asap.

Description of Work
He put in a completely new bathroom. He tore out the old one and put in a new one.

03/09/2004

Sue D.

VOLPE CAME INTO MY HOME, TOOK MEASUREMENTS TO REPLACE KITCHEN AND BATH COUNTERTOPS AND OTHER PROJECTS. SPENT ABOUT TWO HOURS IN MY HOME. NO ESTIMATE WAS EVER RECEIVED. CALLS WERE NEVER RETURNED AFTER VISIT TO HOME.

Description of Work
ESTIMATE.

02/02/2004

Carrie M.

JOHN VOLPE ASSESSED THE SITUATION AND IDENTIFIED THE SOURCE OF THE LEAK (NOT RELATED TO THE PREVIOUS INCIDENT). HE WAS DIRECT AND HONEST AND SUGGESTED THAT I PERFORM THE REPAIR MYSELF, IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE COST EFFECTIVE. HE THEN ADVISED AS TO HOW TO DO THE REPAIR. HE ALSO GAVE ME ADVICE ON SOME OTHER REPAIRS/REMODELING I INTEND TO DO. HE SPENT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES ADVISING AND REFERRING ME TO TOP NOTCH AND RELIABLE COMPANIES. HE EVEN OFFERED TO LOOK OVER CONTRACTS FOR ME FROM OTHER COMPANIES SO THAT I COULD BE ASSURED THAT I WAS BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. JOHN IS A WONDERFUL, HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY MAN. I WOULD HIRE HIM AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT.

Description of Work
HAD A LEAK IN THE OUTSIDE WALL OF MY HOUSE WHICH I THOUGHT WAS RELATED TO A PREVIOUS ACCIDENT WHICH HIS COMPANY HAD REPAIRED.

11/10/2003

BETH P.

HE PROMISED A QUOTE WITHIN 2 WEEKS. I CALLED AFTER 2 WEEKS TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE QUOTE. HE NEVER RETURNED MY CALL AND NEVER SENT THE QUOTE.

Description of Work
CALLED THE OWNER AND HE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND SPENT ALMOST TWO HOURS HERE MEASURING MY KITCHEN AND SHOWING ME NEW CABINET OPTIONS VERSUS REFACING.

08/11/2003

MARDA C.

THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL, VERY CLEAN. THEY WERE WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
RE BUILT MANTEL AND INSTALLED A MIRROR ABOVE THE MANTEL.

02/17/2003

VICTOR AND REGINA M.

WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE CRAFTSMANSHIP OF THE STAIRWAY AND HANDRAIL COUPLED WITH THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND METICULOUS INSTALLATION BY DAVID AND PAUL. GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
DEMOLISHED OLD STAIRWAY TO BASEMENT. REPAIRED CONCRETE ON BASEMENT FLOOR AROUND THE STAIRS, CLEANED THE MASONRY WALL, INSTALLED NEW STAIRS AND HANDRAIL. DISPOSED OF OLD WOOD AND CLEANED WORK AREA. REPLACE SIDE WALL OF SIDE ENTRY HALL AT BASEMENT STAIRS. REMOVE EXISTING PLASTER & WALL FINISHES. BUILD NEW WALL UP TO 1ST FLOOR LINE, INSULATE, ADD VAPOR BARRIER. DRYWALL, TAPE AND PLASTER NEW WALL. INSTALL POPLAR CAP BOARDS AND TRIM.

Category remodeling

12/19/2002

RON Z.

THE WORK WAS GOOD. THE WORK WAS DONE ON TIME and THEY DID A EXCELLENT JOB!

Description of Work
THEY DID SOME MILL WORK ON WOOD RAILING IN HOME.

11/15/2002

Carrie M.

THE GENERAL WORK WAS EXCELLENT - VERY HAPPY WITH THE AWNING, BUT I HAD ASKED THAT IT BE REPAINTED SINCE IT WAS A BIT STREAKY AND PRIMER COULD BE SEEN THROUGH THE PAINT. EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOLD IT WAS REPAINTED, I STILL SEE THE STREAKS. ALSO, THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE INVOICE WHICH WAS CORRECTED WHEN I SPOKE WITH JOHN. FOR THE MOST PART, THE QUALITY WAS EXCELLENT AND I WOULD USE VOLPE MILLWORK AGAIN.

Description of Work
A COMPLETE TEAR DOWN AND REPLACE OF A WOODEN AWNING OVER A SIDE DOOR, INCLUDING ROOFING SHINGLES AND BEADBOARD TRIM.

10/05/2002

SHENANDOAH R.

PLEASURE TO WORK WITH. PROMPT, PROFESSIONAL, HONEST.

Description of Work
REPAIRED BROKEN STAIRCASE IN CENTRAL FOYER IN 1920''S HOME. EXCELLENT JOB. THEY OVERESTIMATED THE LABOR AND REDUCED OUR BILL BY OVER $1000 BY BEING HONEST.

08/08/2002

SHARON M.

THERE IS A LIMITED DEMAND FOR THIS TYPE OF WORK AND IT IS GENERALLY EXPENSIVE. JOHN COMPLETED THE WORK IN A COUPLE WEEKS. VERY GOOD JOB!

Description of Work
TRIMMED AN OLD WINDOW TO ALLOW IT TO CLEAR A NEW RADIATOR COVER. CUSTOM BUILT MULTIPLE WOOD STORMS AND SCREENS USING POPLAR AND REGULAR GLASS AND ALUMINUM SCREENING AND FITTED EACH WINDOW IN PLACE.

06/11/2002

Jeff H.

JOHN VOLPE GAVE ME QUOTES -- AND THEN BASICALLY DISAPPEARED. HE STOPPED RETURNING MY PHONE CALLS. I SUPPORT CONTRACTORS'' PREROGATIVE TO PICK AND CHOOSE AMONG JOBS AND CUSTOMERS, BUT IF THEY DON''T WISH TO DO A PARTICULAR JOB, THEY SHOULD NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER. NOT RETURNING PHONE CALLS IS RUDE, AND IN MY CASE, IT WAS JUST PLAIN DUMB -- I WAS READY TO GO WITH VOLPE FOR MOST OF THE WORK, PLUS HE KNEW I WAS AN ANGIE''S LIST MEMBER.

Description of Work
JOHN VOLPE GAVE ME QUOTES ON EXTERIOR WOOD SHUTTERS, WEATHER STRIPPING ON DOORS, AND STORM DOORS.

02/20/2002

RICHARD & FAITH F.

EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP. PATIENT, DIDNT AGGRESSIVELY PUSH WORK OR TIME SCHEDULE, DETAILED BILLING, WAS FLEXIBLE ON DISPUTED PRICING. HAVE ALREADY USED THEM AGAIN TO BUILD A CUSTOM MADE MANTEL SHELF AND CORNER CUBE-LIKE TABLE. THEY ARE HIGHER PRICED THAN OTHERS BUT THEIR WORKMANSHIP IS TOP QUALITY. THE SAYING "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" CERTAINLY APPLIES TO THEIR WORK.

Description of Work
KITCHEN PLANNING AND REMODEL.CUSTOM MADE CABINETS, FLOORING,TILE WORK

12/27/2001

EDWARD & SUE E.

CAME OUT QUICKLY. HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO RESPONDED TO ME.

Description of Work
GOING TO HIRE TO BUILD CABINETS, GAVE ESTIMATE

Category custom cabinets

Kingsmill Group Inc

Full-Service interior remodeling company. Specializing in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens. In business since 1996.

Yao Cleaning and Painting Service

We offer quality and affordable housecleaning and painting services. We pay attention to the details and are in business to make your life easier. Let us know how we can help you.

American Wood Reface

Super Service Award winner since 2009. American Wood Reface specializes in premium 1/4" solid wood cabinet refacing. We also offer countertop replacement with or without refacing. We are committed to conducting business with integrity and achieving complete customer satisfaction. We have our own finishing and fabricating facility and employ highly skilled carpenters with an average of more than 20 years experience. We use the highest quality materials and methods available. We provide a free in-home consultation and stand behind our products and workmanship. Many references are available. No down payment for seniors. See our website for photos, customer comments, display locations and home show schedule. Additional phones - (800) 645-4594, (330) 666-7828, (440) 944-3750, (440) 777-2744, (330) 492-0800.

General Contracting, Interior & Exterior Residential & Commercial Repairs, Remodeling, Kitchens, Baths, Additions & Alterations, Basements, Maintenance, Restoration, Custom Furnishings & Repairs, Custom Cabinets & Casework, Interior & Exterior Woodwork & Millwork, Tile & Stone Work, Shower enclosures & Doors, Stairs & Railings, Doors, Windows, Garage & Closet Storage Systems, Structural Repairs, Design-Build Services, In-shop Finishing & Painting of Cabinets & Millwork, Metal Work