SPEED EXTERMINATING CO

Founded 1908 • With Angi since July 1997

4141 PEARL RD

Cleveland, OH 44109

15 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT.

01/30/2019

Andrea Waltonen & W.

It went very well. Joe Barker visited twice and apparently killed all the moths the first time but came back to follow up. He was very conscientious, professional, polite and friendly. There is a 90 day guarantee.

Description of Work
Take care of clothes moth infestation.

11/08/2018

Carolyn L.

I needed a dead mouse removed from my driveway. Based on an Angie’s List search, I contacted several companies in the area but never received a response from anyone but Speed. Speed was professional and understanding in providing me with a most generous price and came out immediately. Easy to do business with and I will contact them again if I ever have a larger problem.

Description of Work
Remove dead mouse

Category animal removal

04/03/2018

Patrick L.

Missed the scheduled appointment window. No phone call. Wasted my time.

Description of Work
Pest control

Category pest control

Mr [Member Name Removed] I apologize for the horrible service you received. I mis-scheduled your appointment and didn't realize the error until a member of my office team called you much later in the day to apologize and see if we could reschedule the appointment. John Young

06/13/2017

Carla M.

Very well. Very nice technician; had proper supplies, knew what he was doing. Very open about practices and helpful. The office personnel are the same. Problem solved.

Description of Work
We had a mouse problem. discovered a raccoon squirrel problem and they were helpful in handling it. Then hired them to spray for bees, wasps, etc...

01/30/2017

Glenn P.

He performed the wo rk quickly, efficiently and most important effectively!

Description of Work
Sprayed for carpenter bees at two residences. All were eliminated. I expect this will be an annual spraying each Spring.

09/13/2016

julie M.

Very nice technician arrived on time and treated the nest quickly. The yellowjackets have been quite hard to get rid of but Speedy has been good about it and they are going to come back and treat it again. Even the folks on the phone are nice. They didn't give me a hard time or try creatively push back the second date to come out and treat the nest. Good people

Description of Work
Treat a nest of yellowjackets

12/24/2014

Bea D.

They were just fine. Hopefully there are no more bed bugs.

Description of Work
It was for the bed bugs.

06/10/2014

Michael A.

Great customer service. I reviewed Speed Exterminating website and selected which service I wanted. When I called the main number to schedule an appointment, the customer service representative walked me through the services and answered my questions. The service technician called me before arriving at the house to let me know he was in route and called me after treating the house to review the treatment process. We will use Speed Exterminating again.

Description of Work
Sprayed for bugs around outside of house.

09/10/2013

BETH P.

They did a good job. They arrived when they said they would and they were quick and efficient. And we have had no problems since they came out to do the service. They used products that were safe for the cats and staff that are here.

Description of Work
Pest control for ants.

07/15/2013

Nicholas K.

Provided a home pest inspection at the request of the buyer of our home. They did find termite damage and provided a possible action plan that we could provide to the buyer along with an estimate for treatment. The home did sell without actually having to be treated by us! However, I've used Speed Exterminating in the past. They are always very prompt and friendly. They never push services and contracts; they will simply show up, give recommendations, and treat with no strings attached. I recommend them to my friends whenever possible.

Description of Work
Home pest inspection for seller (us).

11/18/2012

James R.

When the techician came to the house, he greeted us professionally. He told us his name and the company that he worked for. We explained to him that there was a flea infestion in the dwelling. He also explained that we would need to be out of the home for at least 3 hours or more. He went in and, about 20 minutes later, came out and explained that he sprayed throughout the house. He also said to wait about 2 weeks, and the fleas should all be gone. If not call the company back and i will return to respray. I would strongly recomend this company.

Description of Work
I had a flea problem.

06/21/2012

BOB F.

Overall my experience with this company was positive.The employee who came out (My apologies for not remembering his name) got right to the task at hand. He first treated the entire foundation of the home. He then treated around the window frames and overhangs of the home. He answered all questions I had concerning what was being done. After explaining how I was noticing a lot of bees flying around the new wooden fence we just had installed, the employee took the initiative to spray around the base of the entire fence length without me even asking. I am very appreciative of him for doing that at no extra charge. The only complaint I have is that they arrived later than the time frame I was told. I did not receive a call stating they were running behind. I had to call to find out what was going on. The company was very apologetic though and got right back to me with an approximate arrival time. I would definitely not hesitate to use this company again.

Description of Work
Had a general spray treatment done for ants, spiders, bees and other insects around the foundation, windows and overhangs of my home. New wooden fence also treated for bees.

06/01/2012

Carl H.

It went very well from start to finish. One of the owners participated in the walk through, and I had no problems with the technicians. They're cheaper than Terminex, and the staff as very courteous during quarterly visits.

Description of Work
They did terminate mongering for me.

05/14/2012

Phil P.

They're good. They're reliable. Whenever they come, they drop off nail files with their name on it. We haven't seen any termites.

Description of Work
They do routine sensory termite monitoring.

04/04/2012

Heide R.

I love these guys. I used them last year and they are going to be here again this year for a bunch of my rental properties. They guarantee their work. If they have not done what they or I planned on doing, they will be back. For me the price does not matter, for me what matters is that they do the job. I use people who I stay with for long.

Description of Work
I use Speed Exterminating Co for pest control.

03/01/2012

Dave K.

They came out on a Saturday and did a very good job.

Description of Work
They sprayed inside and the outside around the foundation of the house.

11/03/2011

KATHY W.

We used SPEED EXTERMINATING twice this summer . We were invaded by little bitty reddish brown ants. SPEED came promptly and treated the house inside and out and told us they would return (I think within 90 days) if the ants came back. When we returned from vacation so did the ants. SPEED returned, treated inside and outside again. Problem solved. What a relief! Great service, pleasant personnel, good value.

Description of Work
SPEED EXTERMINATING treated our home inside and out for tiny reddish brown ants. They were very careful to treat around the foundation and in all the kitchen cupboards. They even went to the basement and upstairs in the bathroom which is over the kitchen and were the little demons like to visit.

10/26/2011

Kaye M.

Alex was so nice. He came in and checked out the area. He knew exactly where to put the traps. He came back in two weeks to follow up and found that they were gone. I was very pleased with his work and with the service I received for the money.

Description of Work
I had mice and I had them come out to see if the problem could get taken care of.

10/22/2011

Antonia P.

I have used them for probably twenty years. I used them at my business that I used to own as well as at my own home. I don't really remember how much they charge me. I have been using them for so long and I know that at one point in time I did switch and try somebody else at my business and it was more money and not good followup service. The wonderful thing about Speed is that for example my daughter is allergic to bees and throughout the summer bees and wasps make hives all over the house and things like that. After they come out for their initial spraying, they will come out every week or twice a week if there is an additional hive or something found. They never charge me anything additional and they just come out and take care of it and within like a three months period they will come out every week and that is truly wonderful. If I have an issue, I call them and they try and get out here as soon as possible which has really been wonderful. I would rate them highly and would continue to use them in the future. I have really never had any issues with them.

Description of Work
I use Speed Exterminating Co for pest control.

10/04/2011

brigitte D.

They were very professional and thorough. Even though I have still seen centipedes, they appear slower. I will give another week then I will call for a refresher spraying. Overall they are great. I will use them again and again and agin I am sure.

Description of Work
Sprayed for centipedes.

09/28/2011

Olga K.

I found evidence that my home needed to be treated for fleas. I made phone calls to 4 exterminator companies and based on their approach, prices and "packages" I chose Speed Exterminating. The technician arrived and spent approximately 30 minutes examining my home to ensure I had diagnosed the problem correctly and home contents were as they should be before applying any chemicals. He was very thorough. We had to evacuate the house for the Flea Control service to be administered. I had my neighbors watch and he spent an hour and twenty minutes applying the chemicals. I have a small home and in that time that is a really thourough spraying. When I returned home I checked hidden areas and/or remote areas and they were sprayed. I had moved and prepped my home for the service but found furniture was moved again or even more, to the tech's satisfaction, to get to these areas. They invoiced as quoted. Never attempted to "over-sell" a pest control package; they said if I needed more service they would be available. Provided 90 day guarantee as did their competitors. I was willing to spend what I needed to get the appropriate service for my flea problem. I researched the Internet to understand my flea problem. I believe Speed Exterminating provided an excellent service at the best price. I am 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
Flea Control Service.

08/23/2011

RICHARD E.

My experience with them was very good. The guy came in and he went to take a look. I think he guaranteed his work for six months. My son-in-law went on their website and they had a whole discussion of how to get rid of black ants. It's an educational thing and that kind of impressed my son-in-law. They also gave me the Angie's discount. I paid $155 for their service. They are knowledgeable people. The fellow who was doing the job seemed to know what he was talking about. He was very businesslike. He came on a Saturday. They were good on the phone and to the point. They looked at the schedule and told me when they could come out. They took care of the problem.

Description of Work
I used Speed Exterminating Co for pest control on July 2nd. They sprayed inside and outside to get rid of the carpenter ants.

07/19/2011

GARY L.

It was great. I liked them and they fixed the problem. If I have the problem again this year I would use them again.

Description of Work
I had an ant problem last year. They came out and sprayed the interior and exterior of the house.

06/12/2011

ANTHONY K.

The exterminator was prompt, courteous and efficient. I was pleased by their proffesionalism. I WILL use them again!

Description of Work
Had basement and kitchen sprayed for ants.

05/17/2011

PATRICIA M.

The technicial Bill was very personable and friendly. He apologized for being a little early, which for me was a pleasant surprise because my day wasn't taken up with waiting for this job to get done. I really appreciated getting my time back which gave me the rest of the day to make progress with my plans. Bill mixed the ingredients and got right to work. He was most pleasant and friendly and did an excellent job! We talked about our pets and shared dog related stories, since I am a dog trainer. Bill finished the job quickly and left me with a whole day to get my errands done:). The ants were gone immediately and have not returned to date. I also would like to mention that I didn't have to deal with any odors from the chemicals and my animals didn't appear to have any issues resulting from the application of the spray inside or outside of my home.

Description of Work
Ants were invading kitchen, dining room and basement areas. I could not get the issue under control using over the counter sprays and insecticides. I also had concerns with safety issues using chemicals around my pets. The representative sprayed and left bait in all areas where the ant population was prevalent and then sprayed the entire inside and outside of my home, and leaving additonal chemicals in crevices and behind wall coverings.

A.G.I. Pro Services

Formally A "G.I." Window Cleaning. We Specialize in Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Guard installation, Soft Washing of Houses, Roof Treatments (removes black streaks over time), Pressure Washing, Deck Restoration, Driveway sealing, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Handyman Services, Painting, and Now are offering Pest Control.

DBugz Pest Control, LLC

D-BUGZ Pest Control LLC provides safe and effective insect and rodent pest control services. Whether you have mice or rats in your attic or at your business location; bed bugs at home, or bees in the backyard, our certified and trained pest management specialists provide discreet and efficient pest control at reasonable rates. We have over 25 years of pest control service experience and the best customer service. We also provide quality service using the best product for each job to give our customer a peace of mind.

2022 Super Service Award

Allied Exterminating Inc

Locally owned & operated. Additional DAB - Allied Exterminating. Additional phones - (330) 453-3479, (330) 535-4800, (419) 624-8000, (440) 277-7141, (440) 324-2277, (440) 324-6592, (440) 899-7500, (440) 946-4850 & (440) 967-4000.

Ohio
    Ohio Department of Agriculture
    09/30/2021

PEST CONTROL SERVICES, RODENT CONTROL INCLUDING RATS AND MICE, INSECT CONTROL INCLUDING, YELLOW JACKETS, FLEAS, BED BUGS, ANTS, SPIDERS, TERMITES, SPIDERS, BEES AND WASPS.