Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1935 • With Angi since January 2007

4.3

10007 Dennison Ave

Cleveland, OH 44111

No extra charge for nights, weekends and holidays. Online scheduling available. Additional DBAs - Roto-Rooter Group Inc, Roto-Rooter. Additional phones - (800) 438-7686, (800) 768-6911. Additional email - rotorooter.callcenters@rrsc.com. Additional phone number - (216) 226-4506....

07/12/2021

Jerry C.

The company was very transparent. They done their job right.

Description of Work
install the sink and the faucet

03/23/2020

Nicole S.

Verron Loyd was amazing and so helpful! Came that day and fixed our plumbing issues. Was very knowledgeable and amazing to work with. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Drain unclog and shower knob repair

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad that Vern was able to quickly help get that bathroom back in good running shape! Thank you for allowing Roto-Rooter to take care of the issues for you!

01/23/2020

Nich P.

Steven (3458) was so amazingly helpful! When my wife got out of the shower this morning we could not turn off the faucet. I had to turn off the water to the whole house to get it to stop running. To make a long story short, Steven was able to diagnose the problem (damaged cartridge) and fix it in no time at all. He was friendly, polite and pointed out a few other things that should be updated soon to avoid any other issues. We will definitely be calling Roto-Rooter the next time we have an issue and hopefully Steven will be the one to help us again!

Description of Work
Shower faucet was leaking.

Category plumbing

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We are so glad you enjoyed meeting Steven and that he was able to quickly get you back to running order again. Thank you for giving us a chance to service your needs! Feel free to ask for Steven #3458 if you ever need us again.

08/16/2018

Ellen S.

No one ever called me back. I cleared it myself.

Description of Work
Driveway drain clogged.

Category plumbing

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed], We are so sorry to hear you were left with an issue to resolve on your own. I have searched our records for you name and address, but cannot find anything with your information. I wanted to find out where we dropped the ball, because we answer our phones live 24 hors a day and never have to call anyone back. Are you sure it was Roto-Rooter you called? There are several companies who have also taken a name with the term Rooter in it. Please help me with more information. I am really bothered by the fact you called for help and got none. Thank you! Ron Trebec General Manager Roto-Rooter

07/10/2018

Myrna Y.

Cleaned the drains and replaced parts. They did a thorough job and showed us the older parts. They also did other inspections and provided d us with drain cleaner. They were very good.

Description of Work
unclogging of drains,

Category plumbing

Hi Ms. [Member Name Removed]! I am so glad that Ben was able to help you get your home back into working order and that you were pleased with Ben's work. Thank you so much for choosing Roto-Rooter!

07/06/2018

Elizabeth E.

In early March, Roto-Rooter came to snake a few drains and convinced me to do a house special which is four drains and the main line. The drains appeared to drain better after being snaked. However, a little over a month later my sewer line collapsed in a heavy rain. Although Roto-Rooter was very busy with the flood issues across the area, a plumber was at our home within a couple of hours and diagnosed the issue shortly thereafter. A quote was drawn up that night and the next day, work began replacing my sewer line. The project was expensive due to the fact that the basement foundation had to be jackhammered and the front yard excavated in order to replace the old, cast iron pipe with new PVC and allow the house to drain. Originally, the project was quoted as needing two days. It ended up taking four. The team members were punctual and always showed up during the window they said they would the day before. The work also came with an extended warranty that guarantees the integrity of the new sewer line for 5 years. Upon leaving, the yard was torn up (due to excavation) and mounded (to allow for settling), and the basement had cement re-laid. The cement work was good but the seams will need to be redone over the summer to fill some spots that chipped away. Overall, I have no real complaints with the quality of service or professionalism of the team members. They are all knowledgeable and able to speak to the considerations at hand. The only thing to keep in mind is that this type of job will be expensive no matter who does it.

Description of Work
Drains snaked, and sewer line replaced

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

05/07/2018

Erin T.

DO NOT USE ROTO-ROOTER FOR WATER RESTORATION. THEY ARE PREDATORY. My husband and I have a rental property in Cleveland, and live in Virginia. When our tenant alerted us that the basement had flooded we called roto-rooter plumbing services. I have zero complaints with the plumbing service we received. They arrived in a timely manner, had several professionals come out to assess the situation, were in constant contact with us and ultimately resolved the issue for a fair price. Our experience with their water restoration team was an entirely different story. The specialist arrived at our house shortly after the plumbers and initially, she seemed to be on top of things. She said after the plumbing repairs had been completed that she would be able to give me an estimate for the cost of repairs. A day or two later, I received a phone call from her and received a verbal quote of $4,000-6,000. The house is four stories and 1,500 square feet, so perhaps you can imagine my shock at this figure for water damage repair for a small basement. I knew that the carpet would need to be removed and obviously everything would need to be cleaned, so I assumed that my job would fall on the lower end of the estimate. I was very wrong. I should say here, that it was my fault that I did not seek additional quotes. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. There is a certain urgency to cleaning up water damage due to the risk of mold, so I felt like I had to act quickly. The restoration agent sent me some vague paperwork that did not list the estimate anywhere and urged me to sign asap so the crew could begin work. Again, DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. Ask for your quote in writing. After I signed the paperwork the only times I heard from the agent was after repeated phone calls and emails. I asked for status updates, but received very vague information. I asked to be alerted when the crew was out of the house. This only happened after I followed up several times. After the crew was out of the house, I waited for an invoice, but never received one. After two weeks, I called the office to inquire about the total cost. A woman, Darlene, told me that the final bill was for more than $7,000. I told her there must be a mistake--I had been quoted $4-6,000. I asked to speak with her manager, Albert. I went over the situation and he encouraged me to READ THE FINE PRINT on the agreement that I was pressured to signed (but admittedly, did so willingly). I went back and forth with him stating again that this couldn’t be possible. I was given a quote and agreed to it- how could I be charged more? He again just told me to read what I had signed. At one point in the conversation he accused me of “yelling” at him. This DID NOT happened, but I’m sure is a tactic he uses to try to intimidate customers. Finally, he told me that he would talk to my insurance agent--if she thought the work that was done wasn’t the work that was needed then we could renegotiate. I was confused by this, but knew I wasn’t going to get anywhere with him, so I left it there. Two weeks passed. I heard nothing. Another week passed and I received an invoice with a threatening email. I emailed Darlene to say that Albert had said he was going to get back in touch with me about insurance. She said she would pass along the message and that Albert would get back to me. Another week or so passed. I heard nothing. I received another letter threatening to turn the invoice over to their attorneys. I gave up, paid the invoice, and started writing this review. This has been the absolute worst customer experience of my life. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR WATER RESTORATION.

Description of Work
Water clean-up after a basement back-up

Category water damage restoration

05/02/2018

Robin B.

Quick response and right down to business. A little more expensive than I wanted but response was on a Sunday and quick response prevented some potential damage

Description of Work
Replacement of Sump pump

Category wells

04/19/2018

Terry W.

Work was completed in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Repair of leaking pipe

12/18/2017

Dawn G.

took a work week from initial service, diagnosis, excavation, replacement to pouring cement. Back at 7-day mark to put toilet back in. Quoted as one day job. Not a complaint. Just letting folks know jobs for these old houses present obstacles that take more time.

Description of Work
Replacement of interior line

Category excavators, plumbing

12/05/2017

John B.

Called them to schedule appt., they said that they would be out at a time, well they never showed up and didn't even get a phone call to let me know that they were not coming

Description of Work
Drain repair

11/28/2017

Katurah J.

Excellent . The servicemen worked diligently to clean my drain. They were both very polite .

Description of Work
Clean and snake out a very stubborn main drain.

09/19/2017

Shari S.

The technician was 45 minutes late. He asked ME for a bucket in which to drain the sink. I would think that a plumbing service has its own buckets, but whatever. He was at my house for at least two hours -- doing what exactly I don't know, because he eventually said he couldn't fix the tub drain for reasons I didn't understand but that involved opening the ceiling in the kitchen (directly below the bathroom) at a cost in the mid-four figures. Which I refused. He charged $150 for the visit & for snaking/attempting to snake the drains. If he cleaned up after himself I certainly couldn't tell. The upshot is that in a last-ditch effort, I went to Lowe's and asked a salesman what I should do & he recommended a particular drain cleaner we hadn't tried. Worked like a charm. Been clear ever since.

Description of Work
I called because our master bathroom tub & sink were draining very slowly

08/28/2017

Timothy J.

IT WENT GREAT! KINDA PRICEY BUT DONE RIGHT!

Description of Work
SEWER LINE WAS CLOGGED AND THEY CLEANED IT OUT FROM HOUSE TO THE STREET, THEY EVEN FOUND THE CLEANOUT THAT WAS IN THE YARD AND MADE SURE THE LINE WAS CLEANED THOROUGHLY.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Thank you for the kind words Mr. [member name removed]! Thank you for allowing us to help! Have a great Labor Day weekend!!

08/21/2017

moheb P.

I paid more than 7k for a job that could have been done with 4K. They ruined my whole basement that need to b redone for another 15k. Don't ever gonna hire them again.

Description of Work
Overpriced. Lotta of claims about expertise but everything they said happened to be wrong. Thanks god i didn't use them again.

Category plumbing, water damage restoration

06/19/2017

Gregory C.

They came out that day. The first person I met was Tim. He dealt with the sump pump problem, and contacted the Roto Rooter Restoration team, who came out immediately. Jerry came to assess my restoration needs, and helped me with the home insurance claim. Jerry also facilitated having the restoration team contact me to come out to make sure my basement was properly sanitized. I spoke with Matt (1357), who was great, and arranged a time for the very next morning to get the restoration process started, which was great. Dave (486) was the technician who came out do the restoration work, and like Tim and Jerry, he was a great guy, who clearly was an expert in his trade, as well. I am very happy with the quality of the work all of these gentlemen provided, their professionalism, and they were just very nice as people. It was a pleasure to have them in my home, and they took excellent care of me. I am very pleased, and will not hesitate to have them come back for any future plumbing needs that may arise in my home.

Description of Work
I had a sump pump go out in my basement. In addition, the drain in the basement floor where the water should have drained was clogged, so I had standing water that damaged dry wall, some furniture and other items. So, I contacted Roto Rooter.

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, drain cleaning

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am so happy that the guy took care of you in a stressful time for you! Have a great summer! Thank you, Ron

05/29/2017

Jake K.

Called at 6:37pm Sunday may 28th for emergency clean out of sewer lateral. Was told someone would be out between 7 and 10pm. Called back for eta at 9:44pm and was told there was no order entered into the system. I'm now not going to be able to use any of my bathrooms or kitchen until I can get someone out here.

Description of Work
Emergency clean out of sewer lateral.

Category plumbing

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am so sorry to hear you were left hanging. I have checked and we did not have a service request in our system, which is how we track and schedule jobs. Our system captures every phone call that we receive to help us avoid standing up a customer. We know if a call comes in it's an emergency. I do see that you call with an inquiry back in June of 2015. We do get several calls a week confusing us with the "other Rooter" companies. Is it possible that you got hold of one of the others? In any event, we would be very happy to assist you if you still have an lingering plumbing issues.

05/25/2017

Timothy K.

The guy could barely speak English so I had a hard time understanding him. I was told there would be no charge for after hours and after being there for just 30 minutes it was over $300!!

Description of Work
Clogged bathtub

04/01/2017

Laurie D.

Very well. Our technician was fast , neat, careful ,friendly and professional. Exactly what I needed in an emergency situation.

Description of Work
cleared roots from main drain

03/07/2017

Roberta A C.

Good. Jonathon, the service technician, was respectful, professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Jonathon, the service technician, cleared a clogged storm drain in our yard. He was respectful, professional and knowledgeable.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

01/21/2017

BARBARA C.

He says I have to call my supervisor. He walks outside and calls, and comes back in and says it's going to cost me $3000. I looked at him and said absolutely not. The guy was slow, complained, and I guess he thought he really had me and he didn't. I lived long enough, I'm old enough and wise enough to know I'm being taken.

Description of Work
I had a hole in my bath tub drain in the basement. He cuts the pipe and says that we have a problem. I ended up paying $1500. I knew he would had to dig up the basement floor. He did a horrible job with putting it back. He mixed up to much dry cement, he mixed up too much.

01/17/2017

Benny S.

It took a couple of tries. All went well

Description of Work
Main drain needed to be snaked

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

01/09/2017

Scott P.

The service was fine but I can't believe that they get away with charging $300 for less than an hours work. How is this fair business practice??

Description of Work
Snaked kitchen drain

Category plumbing

Thank you so very much for this feedback! This helped us identify a weak link in our team. We have addressed it and I feel you ar satisfied with the resolution we agreed on with you. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. Ron Trebec General Manager Roto-Rooter Services Co.

12/24/2016

Victor K.

Tech out within 2 hours quicker than promised. Called ahead. Snaked and all good within an hour. Suggested workaround to 30 year old problem with drain setup. Super Pleased

Description of Work
Kitchen sink backed up somewhere below trap. Oh, did I mention it's Christmas Eve.

12/05/2016

Moira D.

Great service. On time. Professional. Knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Unclog a drain