METROPOLITAN POOLS

Founded 1961 • With Angi since August 2004

Metropolitan Pool Service is a full-service pool management company. We were founded by Robert & Joan Matney as a family-owned and operated company. We are still working that way today. We are the original pool management company in Ohio and the largest commercial pool management company in the state. We have over 85 full management customers, 50+ additional customers for commercial service and maintenance, and employ over 500 lifeguards just in the Cleveland area. We know what we are doing and we have been doing this since 1961. Our goal is to provide a safe, clean, and enjoyable experience for our customers. We can meet the individual needs of any facility whether it's special staffing, special financing, or an unusual mechanical need. We attribute our success to knowledge, experience, and hard work, but most of all to uncompromising dedication to satisfy our customers. Second address: 7499 Leavitt Road Amherst, OH 44001...

07/19/2019

Bianca S.

Awful service. I will never use them again. All I needed was a vacuum and skim for my 18 ft above ground pool which was clear, running, and in decent condition. I just haven't had time to vacuum it myself. They came out and the tech spent most of the time on his phone (I have cameras all over my property) and then proceeded to backwash my sand filter (which I never asked for) and never put a hose on it to deflect the water!! It sprayed everywhere!! all over the electrical components and equipment - which then surged my pump! How they vacuumed, I have no idea. I was never told they fried my pump until I came home from work and found it that way and called them. I demanded a tech come out and fix it. My pool looked like crap and as if it was never vacuumed and skimmed. Attached are the AFTER pictures. and they still had the nerve to charge my credit card almost $200 for their "services". NEVER AGAIN - beware of this incompetent company.

Description of Work
Vacuum and Skim

09/10/2018

Colleen M.

Very professional, attentive and punctual. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced pool liner & repaired valve, installed sump pump

02/18/2016

Thomas S.

Everything appeared to be done okay...first time owning a pool (inherited) so not sure what all exactly needed to be done. The charges seemed excessive for the services performed.

Description of Work
closed pool for season

03/14/2014

Dennis M.

I didn't like them. Their work has been horrible. They overpriced. For two years, they let our pool drain out for nothing. There was this one time, I introduced myself to another person and they finished up the plugging at the bottom of the pool. the pool actually had water all year. It actually cost $5000 a year for the water fees. They are horrible.

Description of Work
Metropolitan Pools worked on our pool last year.

09/16/2013

Joseph W.

The worker was extremely pleasant and informative. He had to work in a crawl space with limited light. The job was done completed and the worked (and still is) working as it is suppose to. The cost was a tad more than we expected, but the work was completed in an afternoon. We would them again and would highly recommend them. Quality work and professional.

Description of Work
Repaired the blower unit on hot tub. The unit was not at full capacity.

06/17/2013

Harlan C.

The time between identifying the repairs needed and the time until they were completed became a concern for my wife, who wanted to get her toes in the water. Then she got antsy when some of his other work took priority. If not for delays he would have an A.

Description of Work
Cleaned and removed pool cover, added initial chemicals, made small repairs to heater piping and pump.

04/08/2013

jon K.

Excellent. Best hot tub service in town!

Description of Work
reopened hot tub.

01/22/2013

jon K.

Perfect. This is the best spa service in town. No need to tell them what to do, they have all done it before and are good at it. The prices are moderate and reasonable.

Description of Work
winter shut down of hot tub

06/26/2012

jon K.

What a great company. Our hot tub went on the blinks in April 2012. The company that we bought it from never returned our phone calls. We then called Litehouse Spa but they do not work on Dimension 1 tubs, but they recommended Metropolitan Pools. The hot tub required extensive repairs and replacement of equipment. Metropolitan was able to get the necessary parts from Dimension1 under warranty. The repairs went smoothly and were done as soon as they got the parts. We are back using and enjoying our hot tub. I will use Metropolitan Pools for all future work and will recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
repaired dimension 1 hot tub. This included getting multiple parts from dimension 1

05/30/2012

Karen S.

They only came out once and that was when I bought the house. I've had really good experience with them. They are very service oriented and they set everything very early.

Description of Work
I use Metropolitan Pools to get water tested and for supplies.

Category pool cleaners

Pool and Spa service Residential and Commercial.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express