MCDOWELL CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1981 • With Angi since September 2007

5 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO SERVICE FEE. ...

Mihals Interiors

I have been in business for 25 years. I do interior painting, wall paper hanging, wall covering removal, along with light wall repair. I am a graduate of the Vermont School of Professional Paper Hanging. I service Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina, Guaga, Lake and Portage Counties. I offer senior discounts. I am insured and offer free estimates and advice. When you call you will deal only with myself.

Offers by Mihals Interiors on Angi
Pinpoint Painting LLC

As a multiple year Super Service Award Winner, we offer interior & exterior painting services (residential & commercial) in Northeast Ohio including the Cleveland and Akron areas. Along with providing high quality workmanship, we work hard to deliver exceptional customer service and responsive communication with every project. We offer free estimates and accept all major credit cards. We typically do not require any upfront payment for projects less than $3,000. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business! Note: Due to the structuring of our crews and production scheduling, we have a minimum project size of $1,500 for exterior projects and $750 for interior projects.

Offers by Pinpoint Painting LLC on Angi
Gold Abodes LLC

08/02/2012

ROLAND P.

I was working with an architect, and he submitted plans to five different contractors. Three of them quoted in the same range; but McDowell's was way out of line with the others...and the last company just never answered.

Description of Work
I was looking for a company to do a renovation on my house. His estimate was almost twice as high as three other contractors. His estimate came in about $230K and the others were quoting about $135K

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,remodeling,roofing,interior painters

07/20/2012

LEAH S.

He came over and gave an estimate on a house rehab.

Description of Work
David is highly recommended by the manager at Sherwin Williams Shaker Heights and also by the heating/AC guy we will use. He is supposedly worth the higher price. We just weren't able to afford him, but he was a super guy to meet. I would recommend him highly.

Category home remodeling

06/06/2011

Pamela N.

I met with David McDowell three years before actually contracting with his company to do my kitchen. At the time of the first meeting I was shocked at the price he estimated for cabinetry alone! Over the next years, I really decided how I wanted the space to function and look and I talked to several kitchen designers, architects, contractors, and I even began working with one contractor, but my gut told me that I was never going to get what I wanted. I saved up my money and contacted McDowell Construction again. We met many times and went through different scenarios of how to go about the redesign. We talked about bumping out walls and/or opening up the ceiling, etc., but ultimately cost was the factor in my decision to keep the basic footprint of the kitchen. At this point David wrote up a quote and a contract and we worked in phases. The crew set up a temporary kitchen in my basement by relocating my stove and refrigerator, etc. and for the next several months the kitchen came together. Normally, a project of this size would not have taken them as long, but I was slower and more deliberate in making selections. By September, my countertops and back-splashes were installed and the kitchen was fully functional!

Description of Work
Last summer and fall, McDowell Construction gutted and replaced my kitchen. I worked with David McDowell to redesign the layout and to design custom cabinetry, etc. I found him to be highly collaborative, creative, and patient during the entire process. My goal was to create a practical and well-functioning space that also reflects my aesthetic. I did not want the standard issue materials and finishes, and David really delivered on this count. He went out of his way to find fixes and solutions that would get the desired aesthetic without compromising the integrity of the material. All of the guys who worked on the project were polite, respectful of my home, neat, and competent. I never worried for a minute about having them in my home when I wasn't there. In spite of a couple of minor disappointments in the finishing of the windowsill area, I am extremely satisfied with the end result and would recommend McDowell Construction for kitchen design/remodel, etc. I know I paid more for this job than I would have with other contractors, but I am absolutely confident I would never have gotten such a wonderful and elegant result!

Category home remodeling

02/08/2011

Thomas K.

His name was David McDowell. The job went very well. He was very professional and attentive to detail. They were very timely and always cleaned up their work. We enjoyed the experience. The workmen were very responsive and fun to work with. We had a very good experience. It was fun to deal with them.

Description of Work
We used McDowell Construction to do a bathroom. They did tile, drywall and electrical work.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,home remodeling,interior painters

09/14/2007

Linda M.

He and his crew were very friendly, trustworthy, and tidy. David is the greatest guy! Everyone he contracted to work on the house was great! He speaks to you as a peer, and is a very good contractor. He has good suggestions.

Description of Work
He and he crew renovated the home; painted, redid molding, electricity, plumbing, new ceilings, rewired for a media room, re-tiled bathroom, put vent in bathroom ceiling, put in new ceiling fans, put in a laundry room, and refinished floors.

Category remodeling

MCDOWELL CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1981 • With Angi since September 2007

2635 N PARK BLVD

Cleveland, OH 44106

REMODELING GENERAL, KITCHENS, BATHROOMS, TILE WORK, CARPENTRY UNFINISHED, CEILING FAN, DRYWALL, ELECTRICAL, HARDWOOD FLOORING, PAINTING INTERIOR, & PLUMBING.