Mayer Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1922 • With Angi since June 1997

5914 Ridge Rd

Cleveland, OH 44129

Family run business with well over 200,000 satisfied customers. We offer, on most repairs, a minimum 2 - year parts and labor warranty. We offer up to 12 months interest free financing. Additional DBA: Callahan Quality Air...

12/16/2021

Jerry K.

This company was already working on gas lines in our condominium complex. They were kind enough to add us to their schedule to check out our unit's gas pipes. They were very thorough and explained a lot of things. They didn't find any leaks in our unit. They did get rid of one old pipe and capped it off.

Description of Work
Needed to have gas odor checked out in our condo unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/18/2021

Jessica G.

Horriable I have a gas leek since and gas company red tagged it and Mayer does not guarantee there work they told me and they told me to go have some one else fix it unbelievable

Description of Work
Gas line installed

Category countertops, plumbing

09/21/2019

Mike P.

The quote was 800 for the work above both kitchen and basement. I had to pay 300 upfront to secure the job and sign contract. Quote was to Install a Mustee fiberglass tub, faucet, two boss vales for washer and two shut off valves. Type of water line was never discussed copper vs. pex upfront. Plus the removal of upstairs food disposal, installing new baskets and plastic pipe. I did not want plastic fiberglass tub. I called office told them I will purchase stainless double tub, faucet. Project delayed while i procured these items. Faucet arrived called back in to office was advised to email information so they could review if other parts were needed. I offered to go pick them up or order them if I had to. no reply. Install day. Tech came alone. Was informed there would be two people. While plumber was working up, the other would start rip out downstairs. Tech walked in saw the stainless tub, faucets, strainers had attitude because that is not what he was expecting to install. Work upstairs was completed, great, no problem. Downstairs: He wasn't to happy. I went outside and apologized for changing the scope of the project but explained that this is what I want. I also excused him from the job if he did not want to install that day. He continued to work and did not realize he didn't have everything he needed for faucet. Rather than look job over and reschedule he ran with it piece mealing the job as it went. He complained he was only to be here a couple hours and this was taking too long. He said he was leaving at 3 to pick up his kids at 330. Nothing was going to stop him. He said "sorry bud" . So I had a sink with no faucet or drain connections. I told him to go so he is not late picking up his kids and I would clean up so he could go. We also offered food, drinks, told him I would run to pick up anything needed to help. He asked me what to do about the faucet and I asked what parts do I need to order. He said he did not know, give him a minute. I went online had parts there just needed information. He said his boss is taking care of it and Mon morning would have them. Part came in for faucet for Monday install but we had to wait until Thurs. Thurs came I just wanted work done and him gone. It was obvious he hated the job, was bothered the dogs were curious and in his way. The only parts Mayer supplied: 13.00 plastic pipe kit came in plastic bag, pipe dope caulk upstairs = generous 33 00 total Downstairs boiler valves 60.00, pex shutoff 60.00. plastic Pex fittings 12qty at 1.00 each , cromp rings, 1.00 each and drain pvc with caulk for strainers, 20 feet of red blue pex.= 300 for materials if that. So to complete 10 hrs of work was never given hourly rate so 100 per hr = 1000 total job 1300.00 service call 100 total 1400. I paid 1800, cleaned up, got attitude even on faucet install he was not a fan my dogs were home. I boarded them first visit. Bad experience for me. Would never use them again. After he left, I went and purchased pex clamps to install in block to hold pex lines up from sagging where pex runs down to route to washer. I anchored sink flanges to floor. Would preferred it to be level a bit more to move water to center of sink but can't lift due to faucet mounted to wall, but it works fine. Lesson learned, no payment for anything. Contractor arrives, dismiss and reschedule or cancel install. People need to have pride in their work it is a job they are hired to do.

Description of Work
Upstairs: I requested a quote to remove food disposal under kitchen sink and since new plastic pipes were going to be installed wanted new strainer baskets installed on sink. I went and bought the baskets. Downstairs: Requested quote to remove concrete laundry tub. install shut offs, new tub and faucet.

08/15/2018

Virginia K.

It went great! There were good. I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Plumbing Service

08/07/2018

Steve F.

We hired Mayer Plumbing and Heating to move a bathroom commode and sink within the same room about 4 feet in distance from its previous location. We were in a remodeling project in our offices and this work alone cost nearly $8,000. We couldn't keep their workers on the job more than 2 hours at a time. They would leave for long periods, go across the street and smoked and used their cell phones. We failed the building inspection for this bathroom after their work. The inspector gave them clear guidelines as to what code required. It took 4 visits from the inspector before things were done right. Shortly after the installation was completed, we had a sewer backup in this bathroom, something we had never had before during a period of 48 years. We then had a power flush toilet installed (by another company) thinking that would help. It was to no avail. We finally brought in a plumber with a camera who found a 10 foot chain made up of 2" links tied in knots in the drain just beyond where the new PVC drainpipe that had been installed by Mayer Plumbing was connected to the original steel pipe. Of course, at added expense, we had to have the chain extricated. We have had no backups since having the chain removed. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Move a bathroom toilet and sink about 4 feet within the same room.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

10/05/2017

Marleen S.

Thought I would use Mayer, but a different solution was offered from another plumbing company. After much consideration I chose to go with alternative solution, which was a matter of opening a sealed pipe. Cost for Mayer was within ballpark of estimates from other companies. For years I have been throwing money at the waterproof problem without resolution. I would have gone with Mayer, primarily for their professionalism and knowledge, but I saved myself >$6600.00 by choosing the alternative solution. Unrelated to Mayer, the alternative solution works beautifully. Beware, there are other waterproof companies that talk a good game, but take no responsibility for the outcome. I honestly believe Mayer Plumbing would take FULL responsibility and be there to offer another solution.

Description of Work
I asked for an assessment of & estimate for waterproofing

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing

09/24/2017

Wayne A.

They replaced the shut off valves, but they used two different style valves in an open bathroom.

Description of Work
They replaced some shut off valves for me.

09/13/2017

KEITH M.

Overall well, took longer than quoted

Description of Work
backflow preventer

09/01/2017

Patrick W.

Plumber lit tank with no problem. He was in and out in less than 15 minutes. Charged $59 for service call plus $50 for labor. We complained. We are past customers but they wouldn't do anything. We will never use this company again.

Description of Work
We could not a hot water tank lit.

Category water heater repair

07/19/2017

Martha M.

Very well. Asked a couple of questions, then assessed situation. Turned out to be an easy fix. Didn't try to make it anymore than it was.

Description of Work
Replacement of packing nut on water shut off valve

06/24/2017

LINDA & MARIO C.

They found the problem and they fixed it properly. I’ve been using them for several years now.

Description of Work
That was for a shower nipple leak that I had in my shower. They had to repair a leak in my copper plumbing. They found the leak, nipple, hard shell shower.

06/24/2017

LINDA & MARIO C.

My PVC plumbing detached and he re-attached under my utility tub. It maybe was two weeks ago or 3 weeks ago.Well we had a coupon we had a pretty good discount on that and that helps and he basically re-attached the PVC plumbing that came loose. It wasn't much involved but I didn't want to do it myself.He came the next morning. I thought he was professional.

Description of Work
He re-attached the PVC plumbing that came loose.

05/30/2017

Anna B.

Anthony from Mayer was great. Checked everything that he should have despite the fact I had it all wrong and didn't try to make me do any unnecessary tests. He did offer some suggestions and looked up my CO detector. Was great!

Description of Work
Was worrying about a CO warning. And mistakenly thought it was from the gas stove.

Category gas leak repair

05/08/2017

Matthew L.

Overall it went well. They told me 2-3 days to do the job and it took them 6 days to complete. That was frustrating because I took time off of work thinking it would only take 3 days.

Description of Work
Replaced my furnace and ac unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

04/18/2017

Todd T.

I agreed to the work over the phone they came did the work, called me to let me know it was done, and I paid by credit card over the phone. One week later my tenant called to say the kitchen sink was backing up. After a full week off calling and not having my calls returned, they finally called back to say they only replaced 15 feet, and not even the part under the kitchen. They said that is what I was quoted and that the signed contract would say the same. Problem is, I never signed anything they didn't provide me any paperwork about what they were going to do. They took my money and didn't even address the problem.

Description of Work
I had a clogged kitchen sink, they came our and said it was broken pipes under the floor. They told me it would be $2100.00 to replace all the pipes under the basement.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/10/2017

Kristopher S.

Scheduled the appointment while my wife was home to have the vent pipe adjusted on my water tank because I'm selling my home and it was required to be done by a contractor after a home inspection. Instead of adjusting the vent pipe, they told her we needed to just install a shorter water heater (ours is a year old) to make the incline (for 1K). When my wife asked why, the gentleman replied that he didn't feel confident that he could find the right part to make the adjustment. He then charged my wife $70 for the "advice" and the trip. If you want to get taken advantage of, call Mayer plumbing. What a joke.

Description of Work
Adjust vent pipe on water heater.

Category water heater repair

01/21/2017

BARBARA P.

It took them no more than an hour to fix the problem. The technician knew what he was doing. He was very good. He cleaned up very good.

Description of Work
Plumbing.

01/06/2017

Kelly B.

Water was seeping into my basement and I had slow moving drains, so I knew I had a big clog in my drains. It was very easy to schedule the appointment and the plumber Kevin was punctual (as well as polite and professional!). I had the main drains and tub line cleared out with a snake, which had blockage mostly from tree roots. Even though it was very cold outside with snow flurries, Kevin went outside to snake the pipes and did a thorough job. Such a great relief to have all the drains cleared out! Thank you for the good job, I will use Mayer in the future!

Description of Work
Snaked clogged pipes

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

12/13/2016

Kevin B.

Very good. The guys were polite and friendly.

Description of Work
Pipe replacement in bathroom sink

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

11/01/2016

Marianne B.

The plumber came out, they totally stayed within the estimate, when it was unclear if the problem was a bigger issue the owner also came out to assess the situation. They were prompt, clean, courteous and fair. I would ABSOLUTELY use them again and would definitely recommend them. I felt they were very honest.

Description of Work
I had a clogged kitchen sink.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

10/29/2016

Kevin S.

They were good. They had a desire to make sure we were satirised with their work.

Description of Work
They actually did two toilets and a shower.

08/17/2016

James I.

I received a quote in May 2016 to snake a drain I have been having issues with. The quote was for $99.00 and I did not have the work completed at that time. The drain got worse, I tried Drain cleaner and that did not work. I called Mayer and asked them to come out. I expected them to honor the quote. Now, they want $300 to do the work. I asked them to make sure because I have a quote. The guy said they will not honor the quote and the best they can do is $246. I called the office and told them the situation, and they will not honor the original quote. Reasons given include the fact that I used drain cleaner - the tech will have to wear safety gear (they should do that anyway), they may damage my pipes (they said straight out that they are not responsible for that damage) - so where does this extra money go to? It is a non-sense bogus charge. Next reason given is that the previous quote had other items and I got a discount on the price of the snaking. False - while I was given a discount on that original quote, it was a separate line item discount, all other items were listed at regular price. This is truly too bad as I have had them out to do work previously and it went well - ethical issues prevent me from ever using them or recommending them again.

Description of Work
Snake a drain

08/17/2016

BARBARA P.

I found them through a recommendation. I would tell a friend that they do a good job. They were punctual. They knew what they were doing and they cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
I go to Mayer Plumbing. They did routine maintenance on the declogging of the bath and tub.

05/24/2016

Marie P.

I called them back after the first service. The second worker that came out said the problem was based on metal clanking under the sink, that was not correct. The problem was being caused by resistance in the stopper, which is an issue with the installation. I felt like he tried to minimize the problem as opposed to fixing the issue. While he was trying to investigate the issue the stopper stopped working completely. The first worker installed it wrong and the second flat out lied to me. They even caulked over dirt, during the install, which is visible in the new caulk.

Description of Work
They initially came out on 4/29/16 and installed new Moen faucet in my bathroom. They had to come back and fix an issue with the stopper.

04/27/2016

Matt K.

He was great. He came out and he was really helpful. They told me they'd call between 8 and 10 but they never called. I called them probably at 10:15 and they said someone would come within the hour. I called again at 11 and they said he's on his way. They didn't communicate that well. They never told me their service fee. When he came, he charged almost $60. He was a nice guy and he fixed everything. I called them and they set up the appointment quickly. When he got there, he was great.

Description of Work
There was something going on with my sump pump so he came out and fixed it.

Category plumbing, wells

Salvatore excavating

B-DRY SYSTEM CLEVELAND

We are by far the most experienced Basement Waterproofing Company in the area. The average B-Dry Cleveland employee has over 19 years of installation experience. We have been in the same location serving Cleveland, Ohio and the counties of Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Summit, Portage, Stark, Medina and Erie for over 39 years.

N B ENTERPRISES INC

Nick knows houses and buildings. He has been serving the housing industry for over 25 years. Nick graduated from the Westside Institute of Technology Building Engineering Program and has applied this expertise to local building structures and the waterproofing profession for over 10 years. He has been a loyal resident of Cleveland his entire life. He serves his community with honesty, hard work and integrity. What does this mean to you as a customer? You can count on us being: • Reliable • Knowledgeable • Having Integrity • Us producing Long-term benefits for your home’s foundation Business Stability: Owner Nick Berardi has been in the waterproofing business for over 10 years, owns his own equipment and has two teams of dedicated employees (no sub-contractors). His work crews are dependable, and many team members have a history of longevity with NB Enterprises. Personalized Customer Service --A trademark of NB Enterprises-- Nick personally supervises each site to ensure that all questions get answered to the customer’s satisfaction and that the work quality exceeds customer expectations. Nick believes in educating his customers about the long-term benefits of exterior waterproofing. Give us a call to benefit from the experience and expertise Nick and his team has in Waterproofing!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available
    $20.00

Plumbing - water heaters, tankless water heaters, sewer inspections & cleaning & trenchless replacement, waterproofing, sump pumps, fixtures, water lines, disposals, backflow testing, gas pipe testing & repair. Heating & air conditioning - repair & installation. Remodeling - kitchen & bathroom.