Invisible Excavations Plumbing and Drain

Founded 1992 • With Angi since December 1998

4005 Brookpark Rd

Cleveland, OH 44134

Additional DBAs - B McDermott Enterprise Inc, B McDermott Plumbing, Ben Franklin Plumbing # 139. Additional phone - (440) 628-4600....

01/03/2020

Margaret A S.

It was a big job and took three days to complete. As far as I can tell, that was to be expected. They were all excellent workers who worked hard and kept us appraised of what was going on. They put down tarps to keep from making a mess in the house and cleaned up all their mess before leaving the house the last time. The water is certainly flowing a lot better than it was before we had them do their work. So we are happy campers.

Description of Work
Sewer lines in the basement needed to be replaced

Category sewer cleaning

Thank you for the review. Feel free to call us in the future for all of your plumbing needs.

08/29/2018

Pamela C.

I called Benjamin Franklin plumbing and received a call back from another company (something contractors) who told me that the name had changed. I initially called about a deal they offered on a magnet $189 for snaking the drain. They agreed to honor that but said there was also an additional $89 service call fee. I agreed. The “plumbers” came out this morning. They were wearing T-shirts from ‘Invisible Excavating’, another company. I recognized one of the guys. He came to my home a couple years ago, from another company, when the furnace wasn’t properly working and he insisted that it needed to be replaced. He claimed it was leaking carbon monoxide into the house. I told him I have a carbon monoxide detector which has never gone off and he told me to get another one. My friend’s husband is an HVAC technician, who I wanted to avoid calling because he refused to charge me. I gave in and called him and he came out and replaced a control panel for (the part was40 bucks), said there was no leak and the furnace looked really good for its age. It has continued to work without a problem. Now he and another young man, were here as plumbers today. They said that the drain was working and did not back up. I told him it only backs up sometime and that I routinely pour liquid plumber into the drain, to keep It from flooding the basement. They moved the lint trap to a place where it had been earlier and the water went into the drain without backing up. I let them know that it did not always back up and I had tried it there earlier and it did not solve the problem. They said that their snake would not fit into the drain (the holes were about half an inch which I had not realized). They told me they would have to charge me over 500 to snake the drain because the toilet would need to be removed to snake the drain (an additional 227 on top of the 189 plus 89). do it. I declined. Now they charged me $159 for “diagnostics “because they moved the lint trap to a place where it had been earlier and didn’t work. (They also gave me a verbal estimate on replacing a disposal and installing a dishwasher). I told him that the service call was only supposed to be $89 but apparently moving the lint trap was an additional $70 (diagnosis). I also remember paying them for nothing the first time they came but I am unsure if the company name was the same.

Description of Work
drain cleaning

03/18/2015

James S.

They were expensive. He was OK. He put in some off brand plumbing for me. It looks good and he did a good job.

Description of Work
Ben Franklin Plumbing did plumbing work for me.

10/25/2014

Max H.

It wasn't too good of an experience. I wasn't too happy with the whole situation. They came out when they said they would.

Description of Work
The kitchen drain was clogged up.

Category drain cleaning

06/24/2014

Steve G.

He was a good guy and did a good work, but he was pricey.

Description of Work
He replaced a frozen water pipe.

06/07/2014

karen W.

On a Saturday afternoon we found water backing up from the drain in our basement and called Ben Franklin Plumbing aka B. McDermott plumbing. They came very quickly. Not being able to snake the line successfuly, had to bring in a crew with a camera on it, who also arrived in a very timely manner. They found the break and had to schedule a crew to back hoe the frozen front yard for the following Tuesday. I asked if they could change it to Monday since Tuesday was Christmas eve and we planned on having company and were worried it might take longer than anticipated and would not want to be without water. They made a few calls and a crew was there first thing Monday morning. Everyone we had contact with were very courteous and professional and made us feel our problem was important to them.

Description of Work
Snaked sewer line, detected break, brought in crew with backhoe to dig up front yard and repair sewer line.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

03/29/2014

Heather M.

|The plumber was dressed professionally. He and his helper were very polite. They explained everything in a way that I could understand. They put booties on when they came into the house. They cleaned everything up very well. The price was affordable and I will definitely call B. McDermott/Ben Franklin Plumbing again.

Description of Work
Drain Cleaning, Toilet Repair, Sink Replacement |

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

03/05/2014

James F.

Do not use this company - Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - B. McDermott Plumbing. Unprofessional and price gouging. The price, over the phone, to unclog a kitchen sink drain was $77 + $59 service call, total of $136. I hired this company even though they had a B/C rating on Angieslist, I should have known better. The plumber Steve arrived at my home and proceeded to unclog the drain, while removing the trap and pipes under the sink the pipes crumbled due to the age of the pipes. I received a phone call from Steve stating that to replace the pipes under the sink would cost an extra $268, for a total of $404. He was very condescending and rude when I question the price and advised him that I can buy a trap and other pvc pipes at Home Depot for less than $15. Steve proceeded to compare his work to ordering onions on a cheeseburger from McDonald's?? I have no idea how this related to charging me $268 for 30 minutes of work and $15 for material.......Steve and the company were trying to capitalize on the situation and price gouge me. I spoke to managers Craig and James and they wer both rude, argumentative, and told me the company truck costs $100k, again the reason for charging me outrageous prices. They both made sure to explain their expensive overhead and how their prices are based on levels. I highly advise against using this company, it was a stressful nightmare!! After a lengthy argument with the manager James, the price was dropped from $404 to $200 to complete the job. Contact a local neighborhood Plumber and give them your business! They will be honest, reliable and never price gouge or captialize on the situation. Shame on this company, complete rip off.

Description of Work
Unglog kitchen sink and replace trap under sink

Category plumbing

he wanted the work done for almost nothing,,,,cheap plumbing is not good......and good plumbing is not cheap!!!!

11/10/2013

Jeanne B.

replaced faucets,fixed one toilet, replaced another.Scott was very personable, he went out of his way to be helpful, very neat and cleaned up the sites afterwards.

09/16/2013

MARK R.

My hot water tank was starting to leak so I called McDermott plumbing [also called Ben Franklin] Tank was replaced, old tank was taken away, All is good

Description of Work
Replaced hot water tank and brought everything up to code with expansion tank and flex gas line

Lisa L.

The work was good. However, they are expensive. I called them back for quotes for some other work and they were much higher than other companies. The employees are very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
They got rid of a leak in a gas line and installed a piece I needed to have a stove.

Category gas leak repair

DALE B.

I think they did a really good job. The workers I had here were excellent. They cleaned up and when they left, you felt like they weren’t even here and I had a lot of equipment in here. I had them out three different times and they arrived on time two of the three times. On the one time they did show up late, they gave me a significant discount for it.

Description of Work
I hired them for several things including a leaking bathtub, a sewer line cleaning, and for the repair of a water line with a pen hole.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

BERNIE P.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

HELEN L.

My experience overall did not go very well at all. The guy had a poor attitude. He kept trying to sell me additional services that were not needed. He also adjusted the water heater incorrectly.

Description of Work
I asked them to come unclog the kitchen sink.

Bill W.

Everything came out really good and the costs were reasonable. They were reasonable and offered a bunch discounts. They were punctual and called me before arrival. I am very pleased with them and am a loyal customer.

Description of Work
They put in a shower in my basement. They also fixed a shower head in my other bathroom. They put in a quick disconnect for my grill in the backyard as well.

Marian B.

It turned fine. They were professional.

Description of Work
They did a sewer line repair.

Ardith M.

We have had a lot of things done with them. They are very good about standing behind their product. I see them around our neighborhood a lot and I called them because of it. I've not been sorry that I hired them.

Description of Work
They put in a water heater for us and they did a good job on it. They also put a faucet in our kitchen three times. The first two faucets, there was something that happened to them and they came out right on the spot for the repair. There was never a charge for any of the additional faucet replacements.

07/02/2013

Lorna S.

I called to ask about a slow drain/drain clean, and they came out immediately. The receptionist informed me of the service charge. The plumber was very high pressure, and told me that if they snaked the line, the secondary line would definitely burst -- pipes were only made for 50 years and my home was built in the 40s, he says. If it burst, it'd be $1,200 to replace the secondary line to both sinks. They would only give a 2 year warranty on that since it's a partial fix, and he'd recommend replacing all the lines in the home for $4,000. Nevermind that I wasn't having issues anywhere else, due to age it was needed. Very high pressure -- 10 year warranty on the full replacement, that's what he'd do in his home, etc. etc.

Description of Work
Came out for a drain clean/estimate. Did not perform work. I paid the $59 service call, which in retrospect wasn't smart, but I wasn't sure how to get around it.

04/17/2013

Philip S.

It’s expensive but the work is fine and they get the job done.

Description of Work
They’ve done a lot of things in the house. They did an in house sewer line cleaning. They replaced a toilet for me. They also did a water heater.

Gary C.

It turned out good. Everything is fine.

Description of Work
I had a problem with my kitchen sink.

Mariah H.

It was really good. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We had a pipe freeze. They came out the same evening at 7:30 and assessed it. They helped me and made sure the proper pipes were shut down. They then got 50% of our water back to use over the night. He was then here pretty early the next day and worked all day. He also noticed the water heater was bad so he gave me a really good deal on a new water heater.

Rita W.

Anytime I’ve had Franklin out here it’s been good service.

Description of Work
I’ve called them a couple times. They came out about 2 months ago; I had them out here to clean and repair a tank less water heater.

Arlene L.

They were very good and thorough. I felt comfortable with them.

Description of Work
They put a toilet in for me. They also changed my pipes under the sink in the kitchen.

02/11/2013

Elizabeth E.

They were polite and professional , but gouged us on the price. Way too much money for the job.

Description of Work
They replaced a faucet and piping under the cabinet in a bathroom.

02/05/2013

DORIS H.

I wrote them a two page letter and I will not review them again on Angie's list. See my 9,2012 review.

Description of Work
I did review them to Angie's list in Sept.,2012

Eagle Landscaping Inc

2020 Super Service Award winner! Previous years awarded: 1999, 2003, 2009-2019. 6-8 employees. Uses subs for irrigation & electrical work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask for details on service fees.

Stump-N-Shovel Services

Stump Grinding, Excavation, Demolition, Swimming Pool

Offers by Stump-N-Shovel Services on Angi
    Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & Drain

As a family owned, full service, repair, replacement, remodel and installation plumbing, heating, and air conditioning contractor, Pompeii’s has been in business since 1941, serving both residential and commercial markets for 77 years now. We pride ourselves in having a highly experienced and qualified staff, quality products and competitive pricing. All service technicians are fully qualified and trained to repair your problems arriving in service trucks that are fully stocked and radio dispatched for rapid response. Our large fleet of service vehicles offers you reliable, same day and 24 hour emergency service in Lorain, Cuyahoga, Medina counties and surrounding cities. Estimates are free for new equipment. We are only one call away 440-937-6006 to schedule an appointment today. We love helping our customers and hope we can help you.

Offers by Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & Drain on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Drain Cleaning, Hot Water Tanks, Faucets, Toilets, Gas Lines, Camera Sewers, Jett & Hot Tub Installation