HOME PRIDE HOUSE INSPECTIONS

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2010

Cleveland, OH 44202

My job is to provide you (our customers) with current information about the home they are purchasing. We have been in business since 1994....

05/21/2016

paul R.

Initially, I thought it went well. I thought he was a bit high priced compared to others but I found him on Angie's List so I thought he was honest and competent. Unfortunately, neither of these turned out to be true. I hired him in Spring of 2015 to inspect a house I was purchasing in Newbury. In the winter of 2015/2016 I noticed water dripping into the house from the bathroom ceilings. (upstairs) I called two separate contractors out in the Spring after thaw to assess the problem. Both contractors informed and showed me the ceilinings in the bathroom. They had been patched and repaired several times over the past few years. It appears the previous owner had water intrusion with faulty roofing and skylights and tried to "cover up" the problem instead of the more expensive fixing it properly. The contractor that I hired to fix the leak was shocked. He wanted to know why I did not have previous home owner fix the problem before I bought it. I told him I was unaware of the problem. He told me even an entry level House Inspector should have seen all of the patches and damage on the ceiling in the bathrooms. The contractor showed me the ply wood and framing around skylights on roof. It was all completely rotted out and covered with caulk from attemted cheap fixes. I did contact Jack Wendel and inform him about the issue. He was very gracious and agreed to refund the inpection fee. After 10 days and no further communication I called him a couple times with no return call. Finally he sends an email stating he did not think he was responsible. Really showed his true character. (Or lack of)

Description of Work
He provided a house inspection.

Category home inspection

A home inspector's job is to inform the prospective buyer of the current condition of a home. A home that has had repairs done, with no evidence of any current problem, would not be listed as an issue. The knowledge of any past issues should have been given in sellers property disclosure.

03/14/2016

Ruth N.

Very thoroughprofessional

Description of Work
Home inspection before purchase

09/30/2015

sashi B.

while this company did a fine job on the home inspection, the price caught us off guard. make sure you check the contract before you agree to the work!

Description of Work
home inspection

04/11/2015

Lawrence A.

Jack Wendel, the inspector, was prompt and thorough in his assessment of the 10 year old home we were purchasing. I received his detailed report the day following the inspection.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon testing for a home we were buying

Category home inspection,radon testing

08/11/2014

Betty J.

I contacted Jack for a house inspection and he happened to have an opening the next morning which we scheduled with him. He was on time and immediately began the inspection. Jack was very thorough and detail oriented. He explained why and what he was looking for. He found a couple major issues of concern and recommended we consult with specialists. We had a specialist review one of the issues the next day and ultimately decided not to purchase the house. The main issue of concern my husband and I had walked by and didn't notice. Jack sent a detailed report with photos later in the day after the inspection. We are very grateful to Jack for saving us from making a bad investment. We definitely will use him again when we find another house.

Description of Work
General home inspection, testing for wood boring insects, and radon.

Category home inspection,radon testing,real estate agents

06/06/2014

Jimmy K.

Mr. Wendel met my wife on time and provided an in depth, very thorough inspection of a home that we ultimately purchased. He also came back out for the walk through to ensure that the work that was done as a result of his inspection was to code. He also provided radon testing. I asked specifically about mold testing, and instead of adding on the cost, he discouraged it, saying it was likely unnecessary. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone else purchasing a home in the area.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/08/2014

James B.

Jack at Home Pride was available on short notice to inspect a house we had purchased on our last day of our house hunting trip before traveling back out of state. He was recommended by our agent. He was prompt and thorough, providing services above and beyond the home inspection (ie pest and radon). He was available during the inspection and afterwards to answer our questions. This was my first house purchase, but when I sent the written digital report to my parents who purchased many homes during their military career, they were very surprised at the level of detail. The report was accompanied with digital photos detailing each issue. The only major point of concern for me was an unknown depression in the roof, for which he recommended further inspection. The sellers had a professional inspection that ended up resulting in a repair. After reviewing prices from other inspectors, Jack's service was not the cheapest around, but he provided value by thoroughness and completing multiple services. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Home Inspection; Radon Screening; Pest Inspection

07/22/2013

Heath R.

It went great. I was more leary that our realtor didn't want me to walk along with Jack while he did his job. Jack encouraged me to be with him, such that he can explain all of the pros and cons of the house we were buying. He was also more then willing to explain some of the ins and outs of the house that I was unaware of. So he not only inspected the house, but he informed me and answered any questions that I had about and quot;how to live in the houseand quot;. For example, how a Water Well works, Water softener, etc, and what I would need to do in the future to care for it.

Description of Work
Home Inspection while purchasing a home.

08/18/2012

Leslie C.

Jack did a great job thoroughly inspecting a home we were in line to purchase. Issues he found led us to hiring a structural engineer.

Description of Work
General Home Inspection, Radon Screening, Pest Inspection, Well/Water Testing Structural condition  Lower level or crawl space (if accessible)  Insulation & Ventilation  General exterior including roof, gutter, chimney, drainage, & grading  Electrical, plumbing, water heater, HVAC  General interior (accessible & visible areas)  Kitchen & bathrooms  Garage, drive & walkways

Ohio Radon Testing and Mitigation Company

We specialize in radon testing, mitigation and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Black River Radon

Black River Radon LLC We are a Radon Testing - Mitigation - Repair Company. locally owned and operated Nrpp certified, OARP member. We offer a variety of discounts including cash discounts, military discounts police and fire fighter discounts, senior discounts. We have the lowest pricing in Testing and Mitigation, we offer free over the phone estimates. We strive for perfection. We not only remove the radon from your home, but any workspace we literally leave it cleaner than it was before! we include Warranties on Every radon mitigation system. Only our best quality work, materials and customer service guaranteed. We are a company dedicated to make your radon levels below a 4 pCi/L everytime. We deal with homeowners and realtor and have helped closed on hundreds of time sensitive homes that needed to be radon free to finalize and close the sale of the home. Feel free to check out our website on Google https://ohioradon.com/ or www.ohioradon.com for our Google reviews. Call today for your free no obligation quote.

Offers by Black River Radon on Angi
    The Pest Detective

Call today for speedy and professional, high quality pest control services. Proudly serving Northeast Ohio since 2016.

Offers by The Pest Detective on Angi
    Check, PayPal

Home Inspections, Radon testing and Wood destroying insect inspections (WDI)