Haris Sevastopoulos Home Repair

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2002

3467 Old Brainard Rd

Cleveland, OH 44124

Locally owned and operated and we have been in business since 1980.

Scott D.

It was perfect. There are no leaks. He is very nice to work with.

Description of Work
He installed a dishwasher.

Scott D.

It went really well and it works perfectly.

Description of Work
He repaired an outside faucet and put on a new handle.

It went well.

Description of Work
He fixed a leaky toilet.

09/16/2015

sherii K.

Smelled alcohol on him and he was clearly in pain, complaining about hip and back. My biggest problem with hin was I asked about the price and he wouldn't say until the end then came up with the price of 400.00

Description of Work
Snaked the drain ,which is still slow and finished the storm door ,which was half way installed he also put a screw in my dining room chair

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

08/23/2015

JIM S.

Hari did an excellent job! It is exactly what we asked for. We are already planning to have Hari come back and do other projects for us!

Description of Work
installed a pressure treated back porch railing

07/21/2015

sherii K.

The job was suppose to be attatch three steps and a platform over to another deck using wood I already had he decided to build a ramp which was ok ,but he should have reduced the price since I had all the materials and he changed the job ,a ramp was easier to connect

Description of Work
Built a ramp to connect two decks

10/25/2012

Scott D.

Haris is on time, works fast, and knows what he's doing. His years of experience show.

Description of Work
Fixed leaky faucet, installed bathroom vanity.

Category handyman service, plumbing

10/24/2012

constance W.

Hari is skilled in all home repair areas. He is professional and hard working. He is a great problem solver.

Description of Work
Electrical, carpentry, and general house maintenance.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service

10/24/2012

Marc M.

Hari is always responsive and does a thorough to high quality job.

Description of Work
Hari does all kinds of repairs for our home and 2 rental properties. Door repair, garage repair, plumbing, electrical.

Category electrician, garage doors, handyman service, plumbing, doors

10/22/2012

WILLIAM K.

Harris is superb friendly, fairly priced and does excellent work. He is dependable and highly skilled.

Description of Work
Home electrical repairs and plumbing repair.

Category electrician, plumbing, doors

10/20/2012

Patrick C.

Very knowledgeable about many areas- plumbing, carpentry, electric- very neat.

Description of Work
Bathroom and other repairs.

Category electrician, home remodeling

10/03/2012

Deanna B.

No comments.

Description of Work
Two year plumbing problem in center unit water leakage. There was no hot water in the kitchen. All repairs were done in a timely manner. Hari is a nice man and very friendly.

Category plumbing

Thank you for posting this positive review...it is very much appreciated.

07/20/2012

William N.

Job was completed on time at agreed price and excellent quality.

Description of Work
Replaced rod wooden outdoor deck tables that were rotten. Removed old wood, improved supports and constructed new table tops.

Category custom furniture

Thank you for taking the time to send in this positive review. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

07/05/2012

Bonita S.

One of the workers got on the ladder and checked out my situation. This took him hardly any time and I felt like his price was very high. He was up there for maybe 20-25 minutes. I'm still having the problems and I'm still hearing them in house. He never gave me a work order or a receipt. He never told me how much it would be until the end. All he did was calk to little holes up by the chimney and closed off an opening on the side of the porch. He charged me $400 and I couldn't believe it. I feel I was taken advantage of because I was a women. When I told him (today) that there was something wrong still, he assured me there was not anything wrong. I told him I was still hearing things up there and he said there is no way possible that something is up there. I have already had 6 pest control people out here too. The only reason I hire him was because he was on Angie's Lists page of happiness. I hired a new pest control company and they charged $75 and he was up on the ladder for 25-30 mins, he checked the entire house. It ended up being a rodent issue and not a bird issue like I was initially told. Harias Sevastopoulos argued with me and said nothing was wrong and I needed to relax. I had someone come out on Aug. 7 and I was told that the eaves had holes in them and there was holes in the facial boards. He put bombs in the holes and removed the birds. There were three birds nests up there. I am not sure how they could have missed these.

Description of Work
I hired him to work on the facia board and the soffit to check for holes. I was having trouble with birds in my home and he came to inspect what may be causing this. I've had other companies come out and he found a couple spots that needed caulking by my chimney.

Category handyman service

I was contacted by the member to investigate “noises” she claimed to hear day and night. She thought birds were getting into her house. I did suggest that if she hears noises at night, it is not likely to be the birds, as they are usually inactive at night. When I arrived to scope the job, I initially saw (from the ground) an area of the driveway side gutter fascia board had been disturbed, most likely by squirrels. My verbal proposal to her was $650, to take care of the problem and look over the entire house for any additional issues that may be causing the noises. She agreed to that and asked to have it done as soon as possible. I must also add that she told me she had hired six other contractors before me, and none of them had been able to get rid of the noises. When I returned to do the work, I brought with me a worker who is also highly skilled in carpentry, as well as other trades, as I do not climb ladders to the height of her roof. We inspected the entire house for problem areas, from the foundation up to the siding, to the gutters and fascia, and on up to the roof, eaves, flashing, etc. Not only did we find no evidence of birds, rodents, holes, or openings anywhere, but I have never, in all my years as a contractor, seen a house that was as thoroughly sealed everywhere possible, so as to appear to be a fortress. This was due to the other six contractors she had hired for the problem, each one sealing another area. Even the area I had initially thought could be disturbed fascia, turned out to be just the gutter screen that had flipped over. We calked and sealed any areas that even an insect might be able to pass through. The time for all of this was approximately two hours, not the 20-25 minutes she claims. When we completed the work, I asked her to call me if she heard more noises. I asked her for $400 rather than the $650 she had agreed to ($250 less), as there was less work to do than I expected. I needed to cover the expense of two trucks with ladders and my time as well as that of my worker. Were I not an ethical contractor, I could have told her that I found many holes and areas to repair, and charged the full amount. She called me again, a few days later, to say that she still hears noises. At that point I asked if she had any witness to the noise, as I began to suspect this to be some sort of obsession. I told her that I could see no possible way that anything could get into the house. At this point, I would like to meet with the pest control contractor she supposedly hired, on the same day she called me back (according to her letter), and have him show me exactly what he found as evidence of a rodent problem, and what he did about it for the $75. If that contractor can actually show me that there was anything overlooked, I am willing to give back $100, no $300. My time and my worker’s time, as well as materials and travel must be compensated. I have been in business for 35 years, with happy, repeat customers, at least half of whom are women. I resent that the member is accusing me of overcharging her, and her claim that I did so because she is a woman.

09/12/2011

JAN W.

see above

Description of Work
I had work done some time ago. The date and amount are guesses. I do know that I was pleased with the work.

Category handyman service

08/09/2011

Timothy D.

Haris did excellent job. Identified problems, made owner aware and did modifications only after owner approval.

Description of Work
Repaired wood case window, added drip sheet above repaired window.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

06/06/2011

WILLIAM K.

It is excellent. The guy is great. He does great work in both fields. He is reliable. He is good on his prices. He does the job. He is a nice guy.

Description of Work
He has done plumbing and electrical work.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

11/08/2009

PATRICIA P.

When I called, he called right back. We set up a time and was very punctual and professional. The work he did was so exceptional, I feel as if I have new doors, smooth working and no drafts. He is very nice and he will do anything you ask him to do. I found him on Angie's List and I think I found a gem.

Description of Work
We had a botched repair on our wooden front door. Even though the air was streaming in, the door wouldn't close correctly, which was making our heating bill higher. He shaved the door in all the correct places, put a weather strip at the bottom of the door and installed a device which makes the door close softly with out banging. He installed the same device on a back patio door as well as putting on a new locking latch.

Category handyman service, remodeling, doors

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It really is helpful to us to have customers respond to Angie's List, and we appreciate your business. Hari

05/11/2007

DAVID S.

Very positive experience. Hari was able to come out the same day I called. He was very professional and did the job quickly. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Fix cracked water shutoff valve, repair other leaky shutoff valves, unstop sink.

Category plumbing, remodeling

WE JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO THIS MEMBER FOR THE WONDERFUL FEEDBACK. WE ARE ALWAYS HAPPY WHEN OUR CUSTOMERS ARE PLEASED.

07/15/2003

WILLIAM B.

HE WAS WILLING TO DO ANY AND EVERYTHING I ASKED. STEPPED RIGHT UP AND DID IT NO PROBLEMS.

Description of Work
INSTALLED VENTILATION FAN IN BATHROOM AND UPGRADED THE SERVICE ENTRANCE FOR HOUSE. (MAIN POWER PANEL).

07/02/2002

AJ B.

HE USED TO DO FULL HOME CONSTRUCTION SO HE KNOWS HOW STUFF WORKS IN A HOUSE. HE'LL SHARE IDEAS AND HE CLEANS UP AFTER HIMSELF!

Description of Work
HE REPAIRED OR REPLACED ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING FIXTURES, BATHROOM TILES, AND DOOR MOLDING & STRIPING.

Category home remodeling

Home Genius Exteriors

Fresh Coat Painters of Mentor

Fresh Coat Painters, since 2004, is staffed with experience, professional painters who will take the time to ensure quality painting and a pleasant experience for our customers. Please call 440-462-8566 to schedule for a FREE ESTIMATE! Hugh and Margaret Downs the owners, would welcome the opportunity to work with you on your next home or office improvement project. Fresh Coat Painters of Mentor goes above and beyond the call of duty for the customers and it is truly "Painting Done Right". Visit our website at www.freshcoatpainters.com/mentor. Contact us soon, we look forward to servicing you!

Offers Coupon

24-7 Available Locksmith, LLC

24-7 Available Locksmith LLC, is a trusted service when you need the best locksmith in the greater Cleveland area. Our superior service provides you with all your needs from lock replacing or rekeying, fresh dead bolt installations, high security locks from MULTI LOCK. We also offer commercial locksmith solutions, with repair or replace of all major brand locks and crash bars, master rekeying and smart key control that employees cant duplicate. If you lost your car keys, we can have a replacement key made in no time. We can program new keys and remotes. We also fix or replace worn or damaged ignition cylinders like the Ford focus models, GM, Chrysler, Toyota and many more. Give us a call today and talk to an experienced locksmith.

Electrical & plumbing, tile, doors, carpentry, handymen, remodeling, windows, plaster, painting, flooring & concrete/asphalt.

Full home construction.