Gorjanc Comfort Services

Founded 1963 • With Angi since July 1997

Gorjanc Comfort Services, Northeast Ohio’s premier home services company since 1963, is a second-generation heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and generator service provider. Additional DBA - Gorjanc Heating & Cooling. Award winning.

2022 Super Service Award

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Air ConditionerFurnaceFurnace

HVAC Companies (1123)plumbers (305)water heaters (90)electrician (11)gas leak repair (10)drain cleaning (18)appliance repair (15)water softeners (11)handyman (11)well & water pump repair (6)fireplace services (4)chimney repair (3)

11/08/2022

Alvin S.

They were consistent. They were professional.

Description of Work
They put in power. They maintained the ac and furnace.

Work Completed On 11/08/2022

09/27/2022

Catherine D.

The installation took only one day and a few hours the next day. Both indoor and outdoor spaces were well protected as they worked. Did a great job of cleaning up afterwards also. I love my new mini split system. I kept my temperature at 74° this summer and it cooled my entire first floor plus the dehumidification was extremely effective. Now I just turned on the mini split heat function so that I do not yet have to crank up my boiler. It is very effectively and quickly taking the chill out of my first floor living area. I am a very happy customer! I used to use two window air conditioners, one in my living room and the other in my dining room. My electric bill while running my new mini split air conditioner nonstop was almost half of what my electric bill was the last year! Once again I am a very satisfied customer and I wish I had called Gorjanc a few years ago!

Description of Work
New mini-split air conditioner installed

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

Review for Gorjanc Comfort Services - 46 Alpha Park, Cleveland, OH - 39888366

06/14/2022

Russ W.

I was really happy with Gorjanc from the estimate to the installation. They were the most professional of the 6 companies that I had give us estimates. Price was right in line with everyone else. They were able to get our unit installed within a week of accepting the bid (not everyone else was able to do so). I highly recommend using them if you have the need for a new furnace or A/C unit.

Description of Work
Replace home A/C unit

Category

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

Review for Gorjanc Comfort Services - 46 Alpha Park, Cleveland, OH - 39765300

05/18/2022

Aviana E.

Work was completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
expansion tank

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

04/07/2022

Kimberly D.

They did a good job, reasonably price, and friendly guy.

Description of Work
It was a maintenance visit.

Work Completed On 08/07/2021

12/16/2021

Jerry K.

It went very well. Our tech was very thorough and interested in finding the source of the gas odor. Gas smell was not related to the furnace. This was our last resort after having plumbers and the gas company out. I guess we can rest more easily with the explanation given.

Description of Work
We wanted our furnace checked out for a gas odor that we keep having in our condo unit.

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

09/16/2021

Samuel B.

GORJANC COMFORT SERVICES IS BAR NONE THE BEST IN THEIR FIELD. I WOULD NEVER USE ANYONE ELSE. THE REPLACED MY ENTIRE 20 YEAR OLD HVAC SYSTEM . THE RESULTS ARE PERFECTION. NATE, THE SYSTEM ENGINEER DEVISED THE REPLACEMENT SYSTEM WITH TOP OF THE LINE AIR FILTRATION, AN ANTI-BACTERIAL , MOLD SYSTEM AND A NEW HUMIDIFIER. TECHNICIAN DUSTIN AND HIS CREW DID A SUPERB JOB. THE INSTALLATION SITE WAS LEFT CLEAN AND ORDERLY. THEY ARRANGED THE CRANE PERMITS WITH THE CITY TO HOIST THE COMPRESSOR TO THE ROOF. ALL WAS DONE WITH EXPEDIENCY, COURTESY AND POLITENESS. IT IS A RARE PLEASURE TO WORK WITH SUCH DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS. THERE ARENT ENOUGH STARS TO MEASURE THE SATISFACTION WE FEEL ABOUT THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE. THE COST OF THE PROJECT WAS WITHIN THE PRICE ONE WOULD EXPECT FOR THE QUALITY OF ATTENTION AND DELIVERY OF THE FINAL PRODUCT. RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. GORJANC WILL NOT BE YOUR LEAST EXPENSIVE OPTION, BUT THE RESULTS ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Description of Work
REPLACED MY ENTIRE HVAC SYSTEM

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

11/19/2020

Christy K.

Company indicated that technicians would wear a mask (Ohio currently has a mask mandate), and while the technician arrived wearing a mask, he had it off when he came back upstairs to give an update. He indicated that because he couldn't breathe in mask he would not wear it downstairs. He was not able to perform the work expected while wearing a mask inside the house, so he offered to find a technician who does not have mask-related breathing complaints. However, when I called later, Gorjanc only offered next available appointment, which is a month out, despite the failure being on their end to render services safely during a pandemic on my original appointment date.

Description of Work
Furnace Turn-up

Category

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

11/10/2020

JAMES B.

We were very pleased with the job they did, including the quality of the work, there promptness and good service, and their overall professionalism. We initially called asking for an appointment as soon as possible and was given one the same day. We were then called an hour or so later and offered an earlier appointment due to a cancellation which we took. About 3 hours was spent that day trying to open the kitchen drain, but it couldn't be opened, even with extensive snaking. We were told that another visit with two workmen was needed because it was necessary to cut out and remove a section of pipe in the basement. The bathroom sink problem was observed but work on it was postponed until the next work day. At that time the company sent two men to replace the basement pipe along with replacing another basement pipe from the bathroom sink. This work took another 3-4 hours. Their work was very effective and we are very pleased with the job they did.

Description of Work
We needed drain cleaning. Two drains needed treatment. One in the kitchen which serves both the sink and the dishwasher was completely clogged, and a second one in a bathroom was draining slowly.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

10/27/2020

James F.

Great service, friendly technician and excellent products.

Description of Work
Sump pump replaced with battery backup, new outdoor hose faucet, replaced saddle valves in basement with better "T" plumbing.

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

10/20/2020

Rory T.

I cannot say enough good things about this company. Greg and his company went out of their way to assist me in getting my issue resolved quickly. Answered numerous phone calls and questions to ensure I was comfortable in the purchase and understood everything. The installers were professional and did a great job. Aside from now having a working furnace in my house, they left no signs behind of them being here. I had numerous estimates done for this job and am 100% satisfied having gone with Gorjanc.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/08/2020

Rebekah J.

We got an estimate from a Cleveland company to replace boiler for 1200 lower apartment. ($9600) Wow! Gorjanc was our second opinion since I assumed that as “boiler experts”, they would be much more. They installed for $8,000. Saved us $1,600. The install, of course, is perfect! John Gorjanc, owner, knows his business!!!

Description of Work
Boiler replacement in Shaker Hts

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Review for Gorjanc Comfort Services - 46 Alpha Park, Cleveland, OH - 38931802

07/23/2020

Daniel C.

PERFECT!!! On time, explained what they were going to do. Answered all my question about the work. Big job wiring a panel box to a 1925 house and new plugs. Old wiring is not safe as Joe told us running window A/C units. John and Justin work very well as a team. When they were done cleaned up after, took away the old box. Wore the proper protection for the virus all the time here. Will have them back for more work soon. They are truly The No Surprise Team!!!!! Thank You So Much Keeping us Safe Gloria & Dan Costella

Description of Work
electrical

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

07/17/2020

Crystal T.

Professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Josh came in and assessed the worked to be done. I appreciated that he didn't try to sell me services that weren't necessary and that he patiently explained and walked me through everything he was doing. And he was early - that's always a plus! Gorjanc will be our go-to plumbing/HVAC company from now on.

Description of Work
Gas leak repair at water heater & water heater flushing

Category water heater repair, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

03/16/2020

ROBERT & DIANE W.

They did a great job and we would definitely hire them again. We would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They fixed a running toilet.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

02/12/2020

debbie L.

I was charged 90 dollars for estimate.tech did not seem to want to do the job.have me estimate of about 400 dollars!I had already paid 200 at home depot for faucet.I called another plumber and had it installed for under 200 dollars and no charge to come to house.I feel 90 service fee that does not get added to final bill is also!never call them for plumbing again!

Description of Work
Replace faucet I had bought koehler

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

10/19/2019

Edward J.

Gorjanc was able to come out the next day and based on my description of the problem quickly identified that the expansion tank had failed. Although the technician did not have a replacement tank on his truck, Gorjanc was able to deliver a replacement within 30 minutes. The technician replaced the expansion tank and my heating systems was back in service.

Description of Work
Replacement of boiler expansion tank

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

09/13/2019

Thomas L.

Excellent service and company all around. I'll be using their services again.

Description of Work
Heater service/tune-up.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

09/03/2019

HELM H.

They're really good! Very professional, easy to talk to and I had a plumbing issue for a long time and they resolve it for me.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace and did some plumbing work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

08/30/2019

Janet D.

I would have liked to have given them a higher rating, but their recent behavior has been rude, dismissive and unprofessional, so my only defense is to now reach out to social media. Gorjanc Comfort Services has been my heating and cooling service company for the past 18 years. Services have included: a new furnace installation, new humidifier/humidistat installation, new hot water tank installation, furnace maintenance, and plumbing quotes. I have been a loyal customer. I always pay their bills on time. So I was surprised last month when I called because my new hot water tank, still under warranty, was leaking. I asked to set up an appointment for service, and I was told to find another service provider. The Gorjanc representative noted that I had services discounted in the past, and I responded that I had used the coupons that they had provided. Was that the reason? And why would that matter? Last year when the hot water tank was installed, the technician damaged the basement floor paint. They offered to come and touch it up if I would provide the paint, which I agreed to. Then they changed their mind and said they would take something off the bill, i.e. $25. The painting repair was estimated at $100 and they agreed. In my mind, the situation was resolved. Since then, I have called them a couple of other times, successfully, to replace a humidistat that they had originally installed and for a plumbing quote for which I paid a fee. The day I was told to find another service provider, I asked to talk with an owner or manager to discuss their decision, and I was assured one would call me back. A couple weeks passed with no phone call, so I mailed a certified letter to the attention of the company president asking him to call me about this. That was more than five weeks ago. No one has responded. Something has changed within the company in the past year or two. It seems the employees have taken over the decision-making and are calling the shots as to which customers to keep and which to toss. Is anyone familiar with an established service business that runs this way? This is not the quality company I once knew and used.

Description of Work
Furnace, Humidifier, Humidistat, Hot Water Tank, Plumbing Quotes

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

07/29/2019

JoAnn A.

Jonathan Knight, was a professional technician, very knowledgeable. Took the time to explain to me as to what was wrong and how to fix it.

Description of Work
My central air conditioner was leaking water in the basement

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

07/18/2019

KAREN L T.

Excellent service, qualified technician. AC humming.

Description of Work
Refrigerant added.

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

07/12/2019

Scott A.

That were professional , honest , reasonable

Description of Work
Replace thermostat , air cond inspection

Work Completed On 07/12/2019