FINELY DONE HANDYMAN SERVICE

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2004

1779 BRAINARD RD

Cleveland, OH 44124

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TWO HOUR MINIMUM....

09/11/2017

Lisa H.

He came over several times to repair my 89 year old dads lift chair. After approximately 3 visits all it was - was a light switch not turned on and ran down the battery. After my dad purchased several batteries. On last visits my dad made it clear it was not happy with the constant repairs that needed to be done. He picked up his tools and walked out saying my father insulted him. We later had another company come out and we were told it was not fixable. The batteries were gone, wire were cut and the charger was disconnected, He clearly did this. Sad you would do this to an 89 year old person.

Description of Work
Repair of a lift chair

Category electrician, handyman service

01/22/2015

FRANK A.

Once you get a hold of Jerry (which can be a little difficult ? he's not always the most prompt in returning inquiries), he does excellent work. He arrived when he said he was going to arrive, made short work of fixing the treadmill. He was very thorough, even taking off the frontpiece where the motor was to vacuum it out. He took his shoes off (it was a muddy day outside, so he clearly respected our home's cleanliness (even when I pointed out to him the place looked like a bomb had gone off already, so there was no need for him to be so fastidious). He even put up with my lab/collie mix puppy who, while extremely friendly, is a jumper. She's just so anxious to give kisses to anyone who arrives at our home. A little rambunctious doesn't even really describe it. Jerry handled it with grace and patience, even as I was getting more and more frustrated with her inability to show some manners. I would HIGHLY recommend Jerry if you have any household projects you need to have done ? and need to have done well.

Description of Work
He came out to fix our treadmill. This is our second experience with Jerry — he also completely rebuilt our porch steps two years ago.

01/04/2015

Albert A.

I found Jerry on Angie's List about 1.5 years ago. Jerry is very nice, professional, on time, reliable, and talented. He installed hardwood flooring on a very difficult landing and stairs. He also did some finish carpentry work in the kitchen, installed the in-ceiling oven vent, as well as other miscellaneous carpentry throughout the house. Just tell him what you want, and he'll get it done to your expectations! Jerry will always be my first call for repairs or upgrades.

Description of Work
Jerry installed part of my glue-down hardwood floor as well as a variety of miscellaneous finish carpentry.

11/14/2013

KATHLEEN R.

Steve was a godsend! I had a appointment for the previous day with the installer from Best Buy, who never showed up! With a dinner party planned for the day after my installation apt (with Best Buy) I was completely in a panic! I got Steve's name off Angies list and he was able t come the very next day to install the microwave at 8am! He was prompt, and did a wonderful job and was done in about a hour. I must add he did it for half the cost that the Best Buy installer would charge--and I bet did a much better job! Thank you Steve! We will definitely be calling again in the future!

Description of Work
install a over the range microwave

10/08/2013

Jeff R.

I called this contractor in order to get an estimate. He said he appreciated the call but was completely booked for the next two months. I wanted to make sure to write a positive review because it would've been easy for him to not return my call. I read lots of reviews of contractors not returning calls. Jerry did and was very polite. That bodes well for the quality of his work.

Description of Work
Called back.

Category handyman service, basement remodeling

Thank you [member name removed]!

11/14/2012

CHRISTOPHER K.

We had a busted supply hose to our upstairs toilet which flooded part of our upstairs, and then rained down through the livingroom ceiling. The ceiling was ruined, with plaster falling. Jerry came right away to give us an estimate, and while here he mentioned that since the ceiling would be taken down, it would be a good time to install recessed lighting if we wanted to. He said that if we bought the lights, he would install them for $30.00 per hour. There was no pressure at all to do it, but we thought it was such a good idea that we decided to go ahead with it. Jerry stayed in touch, and was able to do the work soon after we approved his estimate. He spent a day taking down the ceiling and cleaning up the mess. He put up plastic sheeting as a barrier, so the mess stayed more or less in the livingroom. He then spent three full days and one half day finishing all his work. He managed to not damage the crown molding in the process of repairing the ceiling, and he matched the pattern of the textured ceiling to the one in the dining room. Jerry is very curteous and trustworthy. He did everything he said he would do, he did it in a timely manner, and he cleaned up very well. He did excellent work on the ceiling, and the insurance adjuster said he thought he did a great job at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Jerry took down our damaged ceiling, installed recessed lighting, installed drywall, and finished with a textured ceiling. He also painted the ceiling and the crown molding.

Category drywall

Thank you! It was a pleasure to work for you!

10/30/2012

REBECCA L.

We were very pleased with the way Jerry did our repairs and painting. The outcome was perfectly and professionally done, timely and at an appropriate price. We would suggest Jerry to anyone needing handyman services.

Description of Work
Basement rennovation - painting, installation of new lights and ceiling fan. Refinished and painted heater covers. Installed new sink and faucet in downstairs bathroom.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, interior painters

08/29/2012

MARK S.

Jerry does high quality work for an excellent price. He has always exceeded our expectations. He is definitely the best contractor/handyman in the area and we will be calling on him again soon to help get our house ready for sale. Thanks Jerry!

Description of Work
He completely remodeled our bathroom including the flooring (ceramic tile), drywall, replacing the bathtub, toilet and vanity. We have had Jerry do several minor to major projects over the last three years including interior and exterior painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing, full kitchen remodel, etc.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, wallpaper removal, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters, doors

08/20/2012

Gregory P.

Mr. Jerry M, the owner of Finely Done Handyman Service, Inc. consistently produced outstanding results. He was very creative and extremely competent in handling each task. The word, "No," was not part of his vocabulary. He performed all of the tasks very efficiently with no supervision. Every task was completed in a timely manner and the results are nothing less than outstanding. Finely Done Handyman Service, Inc. has earned my highest praise and endorsement. Mr. Jerry M is a very friendly person and pays attention to the details of each task. I am very pleased with his work. His superb service presents a stark contrast to some of the other contractors I made the mistake of dealing with during the course of refurbishing my parents' home.

Description of Work
Finely Done Handymann Service, Inc. was contracted to correct several deficiencies identified during the inspection of my parent's residence in Highland Heights. The owner, Mr. Jerry M, performed many tasks, including: 1) repair the plaster in the garage prior to painting; 2) repairing outdoor electrical outlets and adding new electrical recepticals near the patio and rear of the house; 3) rewiring the barn; 4) replacing the gas light with a new top and refurbishing the natural gas grill; 5) removing the incinerator and old refrigerator from the basement; 5) checking for gas leaks inside the residence; 6) repairing broken windows; 7) repairing an exposed electrical wire near the front door; 6) refurbishing and cleaning all of the windows inside and out, to facilitate ease of movement and functionality; 8) replacing the broken tile of outdoor benches with new stone; 9) repairing benches and bird houses in the back yard; 10) removing dead bushes in the back yard; 11) repairing the door bell in the kitchen; 12) repairing the brick walkway in the backyard; 13) completing electrical and gas work that another company failed to complete.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, house painters, doors

08/19/2012

James M.

Another "Finely Done" job by Jerry. He has helped us several times now and always exceeds expectations.

Description of Work
Mosaic tile kitchen backsplash, replace kit cabinet and some other things.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, interior painters

07/26/2012

Tim B.

Impeccable. Great to work with. On time, very high quality work, excellent patience working in a high traffic, hot area.

Description of Work
Re-drywalled and textured ceiling in kitchen.

Category drywall, handyman service

01/09/2012

Charles B.

Jerry responded quickly by e-mail, was out to the house promptly for an estimate, and showed up to do the work when he said. He gave me status updates daily, and the work was very professional. I was VERY satisfied with his work. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Reconfigured kitchen cabinetry to accommodate a new over-the-range microwave.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thank you member! It was a pleasure to take on the creative challenge that others passed on. I am here to help your parents out with any other projects so no worries.

11/21/2011

Thomas M.

The people who came out were great and they did outstanding work.

Description of Work
He fixed the ceiling inside our house, put in a new ceiling as well, repaired some walls, electrical and miscellaneous work.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service

Thank you. It was a pleasure to work for you.

11/04/2011

Karl O.

These guys are fantastic and did a great job. They moved some heavy furniture and removed carpeting. Very prompt. gave me advance notice, and cleaned up everything. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
moving, removing carpet

Category handyman service

Thank you member! I'm here for any other projects you may have.

10/28/2011

ELIZABETH P.

I got an estimate and I was going to use him. He did one little job for me; but then he didn't show up to do the other job that he was supposed to do. Obviously, I didn't like it that he didn't show up to do what he was supposed to do. I thought the portion that he did do cost a lot more than I thought it should cost.

Description of Work
I used the services of Finely Done Handyman Service for handyman work over a year ago.

Category handyman service

I don't even remember her. Perhaps if she attempted to contact me again, as she had a whole year to do, the situation could have been resolved. Why on earth would anyone wait a year??????? Something doesn't sound right here. Look how many A reports I have here........say no more. Chances are she was being difficult with scheduling or we had a misunderstanding about timing or she wanted exterior work done and waited too long to call someone to do it then the weather turned. Really I have no idea why she wrote this, waited so long to do so, and question her motives.

10/13/2011

James M.

I only wish there was an A++ rating to give him on all categories. Jerry lives up to his company name "Finely Done"

Description of Work
Remodeled and updated bathroom, including new subfloor, ceramic tile, moved light fixture and installed new light, removed paneling that covered walls in need of major repair, repaired drywall to new condition, primed , set toilet, new vanity, sink, faucet.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

Thank you. It's always a pleasure to work in your home and bouncing ideas off each other.

08/31/2011

Charles B.

He gave me a quote in advance, and explained about how long it would take, and how he would have to come on separate days for each application of drywall compound. He cleaned up after each day and made sure I was happy with the results. He was polite and professional. I would hire him again in the future for the next job.

Description of Work
I have used Finely Done Handyman (Jerry) twice in the past. Once he scraped and painted a badly peeling ceiling, as well as drywalled a large family room. On a second occasion, he drywalled a kitchen and family room that I had gutted. He was very clean, and on time. His drywall work was very good and smooth. He was able to work around my schedule and work late on some nights when he was able in order to finish earlier than expected.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

06/21/2011

TIMOTHY W.

They were very good, and I was quite satisfied with their work. It all turned out well when it was finished. I would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Finely Done Handyman Service to do some drywall renovation work for a basement.

Category drywall, basement remodeling

02/17/2011

Peter C.

On time, priced right, high quality workmanship. This man takes pride in his work. I will use his services again and I will recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted columns on front porch.

Category contractors

10/26/2010

Tim B.

As promised, very high quality work, respectful and careful of our things, punctual, neat, diligent, hardworking (even in the 100-degree heat), and very accurate. I am probably the fussiest person imaginable with regard to quality, and this job was dicey. It's an old house with uneven studs; walls that needed to be flat for cabinet hanging; and new door jams that needed to line up with the new dry wall. This contractor hit the mark, and I would highly recommend him, and have him back any time.

Description of Work
Complete drywall and mud for kitchen walls and ceiling, repair to dining room and stairwell. Priming, too.

Category drywall

08/16/2010

PAT H.

I found the listing on Angie's list and use e-mail to explain what I needed. We set up a mutually convenient time for Jerry to come over and get the information to prepare an estimate. I accepted his estimate and we planned for a day and time to complete the job. Jerry arrived on time, ready to work. He laid a drop cloth so he wouldn't track anything into an adjacent bedroom, removed the old insulation, packed it in plastic bags for a neat removal from the house, put up new insulation and showed me the finished work. It was neatly done and the only thing I had to do was put the items I had removed from the closet through which the crawl space was accessed. Great job! Fair price! I would definitely call Jerry again for other jobs around this old house!

Description of Work
Jerry removed old insulation from an attic crawl space and replaced it with new.

08/01/2010

Matthew B.

Jerry did an outstanding job! We are thoroughly pleased with the results and will definitely be looking for him to do a number of other projects. He listened to our needs/wants and assisted us in developing the plan. He is dependable and trustworthy. Jerry kept his tools and the materials well-organized throughout the project. He kept the area as clean as possible. He was mindful of our family and was careful to unplug and put away tools that could be harmful to a child. With exception of the needed operation of powertools, Jerry worked so quitely that much of the time you would guess he wasn't even here (in fact, he was and always making very noticible progress). Again, terrific work! We are completely satisfied. Thank you, Jerry!

Description of Work
Full remodel of a partially finished side of basement (i.e., half of basement with an existing finished ceiling). Work included stud, insulation, drywall, additions to electrical, custom window and trim, placement of a door, and full painting. Project challenged by existing I-beams on exterior walls requiring construction of the stud wall in sections. Also, closure of holes in ceiling where placement of I-beams had required opening the finished ceiling. All ceiling repairs were scallop-textured to near perfect match of existing ceiling.

Category drywall, interior painters, basement remodeling

It was a pleasure to work for you, Member, and look forward to working with you in the future!!!!

07/09/2010

JASON B.

We used him because he was available and he did good work. However, it was very difficult to get a hold of him. When he said he would come, he called and cancelled the appointment. We had a lot of issues getting through to him and getting a response from him. There were 2 or 3 small jobs. He did not follow through in between them. He put up a bath cabinet. After finishing the job, he told us that it was not properly anchored to the wall. If he has told us that putting it there was going to be a problem, we would not have had it put up. After he finished the job he told us that it was for light duty and that it might not stay. We had used him in the past and everything that he did in the past was fine. I was in the house all the time that the work was being done and he did not come and tell me that it was not going to be sturdy before he put it up. I was upset. The finishing on the wall is such that if I take it down, the wall will be destroyed. It is still on the wall but we have very little in it. I was very upset about it. I was paying for the work, I was around and available for any questions and I did not get the feedback when the work was being done. He put in a ceiling fan as well. I had the time and I had purchased the fan and T-brace. He ended up not using the T-brace saying that it was not needed. From what I remember of the old fixture, there wasn’t a brace up there. He decided not to use it and told me that after putting it up. I had brought it. He should have used it or he should have come to me before he installed it saying that he was not using it because it was not necessary. We will not use him in the future.

Description of Work
Finely Done Handyman Service installed a ceiling fan and bathroom cabinet about 4 months ago.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Well that was a while back but from what I remember they bought a cheap "put together"cabinet and it's likely the size was critical to cover the area of previous one so finding another properly sized one may have been difficult. If this was not the case in their situation, it usually is. I've put up dozens of these things and none have come down. With the cheap cabinets I add extra mounting hardware to compensate for the normally unusable hardware supplied with cabinet, if it even came with it. I always caution customers to not overload the cheapos because they are made so. As far as the ceiling brace goes, if it was not needed, it was not needed. One does not know that until the old fixture is taken down and I always advise my customers to pick up a brace so I don't have to leave in the middle of a job to get one, if I don't happen to bring one myself. Most times the customer chooses to pick up supplies themselves to avoid contractor markup, not that I mark supplies up much at all. I enjoyed working there on previous jobs, as well as this last one. As far as the small jobs being chopped up time-wise, I was likely on larger, previously scheduled jobs, and fit them in when I could. They failed to mention they had to reschedule at least once also. We are all busy these days and I do my best to give people as much notice as possible if another job runs over and I need to reschedule. Not everybody understands this I guess. I am extremely accomodating with customers requests but while I'm making one person happy, someone else may not be, and I have accepted that, no matter how hard I've tried. I do think it is a cheap shot to wait 4 months after the fact to complain, when things are not fresh in my mind.

06/17/2010

Victoria F.

I contacted Jerry for a quote on several items I needed done around the condo, including replacing a rotted door sill (which he asked me to go out and find) and replacing two outdoor security lights. We miscommunicated on the date he was coming out, luckily I emailed him to confirm. He was late showing up to provide the estimate. He estimated a price of $500 for the two items mentioned in addition to repairing a door jam and making an access door for a storage area under the stairs where there is now just a piece of wood leaning against the wall. Jerry advised that he was doing a kitchen job but we agreed that a few weeks was a good timeframe. When I didn't hear back from him in 5 weeks, I emailed him. He was apologetic and admitted that I fell through the cracks. He said he owed me a written estimate and could do the work the following week. I responded to arrange a time and he never responded. I wasted my time with this contractor. If he didn't want the job or didn't have time to do it, he shoud not have agreed to take it on.

Description of Work
None.

Category electrician, handyman service, doors

Yes I was on a total kitchen remodel and the customer added on to the job while I was there (as usual), so the remodel ran over and in turn all previously scheduled jobs also got bumbed back. It was not a matter of not wanting her job, as all customers are important, even the smaller jobs, but more a matter of being overwhelmed with work and phone calls. I am a one man show, for the most part, and admit lapses in communication when I realize it. We are all human and not one of us is perfect. However, in my defense, the member said anytime in June would be fine to do the work. She (seemed to) agree to the price I gave her at the estimate and I only needed to send her a summary email for confirmation of what we had discussed. I asked her to find a threshold that would work in her situation and drew some profile sketches of what was needed, explaining I simply was extremely busy and did not have time source a specialty item. If she had a problem with that she certainly did not mention it. She also did not mention that she needed the work to be done either after 4 pm. weekdays or on the weekends. If she had mentioned that to begin with I would not have wasted OUR time on the estimate. She only had mentioned that in that reminder email she sent several weeks later. I sent her an email after that request, stating those types of restrictions on work hours won't work unless we happen to live next door to each other. To the list members reading this I want to convey some "contractor thinking" to you. A "broken up" work day simply does not lend any continuity to the day and I may need a whole day for custom work involving different saws and multiple cuts for the type of work this member needed. Most contractors can't work weekends. I like to see my children, how about you? Also, doing a 1 1/2 to 2 day job in several partial days means more times loading and unloading the van over a several day period plus much more drive time. So if your situation requires the contractor to work partial days, please ask this during the intial phone conversation and save everyone some time. If you read the rest of my reviews from other members, I need not say more. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

05/28/2009

Ellyn L.

I had a leaking toilet (bolts were loose and it had been leaking unknown to us, for a while) Jerry replaced the bolts, replaced a broken handle, and also repaired a door bolt that was hard to close . very professional, very pleasant, very efficient. Would recommend in a minute,

Description of Work
Toilet repair, door repair.

Category plumbing