Exact Roofing Co

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2006

15715 Normandy Ave

Cleveland, OH 44111

At Exact Roofing we offer a wide range of services to meet your EXACT roofing needs! We install new roofs as well as provide roofing restoration, roofing repair and roofing replacement. Additionally, we offer custom design finishes, detail work, and much more.

04/13/2017

Ted T.

Excellent - Sandor is great to work with - the people who work for him are always prompt and just nice guys - the work is done on time and when it's said to be done - the quality of the work is excellent - Sandor has maintained slate roof on my house for years - because of the skill put into their work, the roof continues to be in great condition - I'd recommend him to anyone with roof issues - it'll get fixed right, timely and last!

Description of Work
Replaced flat roof over back door about 8ft x 4ft -

09/16/2015

David D.

Exact roofing did an excellent job replacing 5-10 broken slate tiles, cleaning gutters, sealing gutter flashing, and resecuring gutters (some problems that were caused by previous gutter cleaners, not Exact). Additionally, the provider explained future needs on the roof, and explained the maintenance requirements for both the roof and gutters. Price seemed high - but the amount/quality of work was excellent, and the information on roof maintenance was very helpful.

Description of Work
Slate tile replacement/maintenance, gutter cleaning, gutter maintenance/repair

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

08/20/2015

Matthew B.

Exact Roofing is a small company of roofing craftsmen. They are efficient and skilled at what they do: restoring old slate roofs so they can last another 100 years. Sandor and his crew worked for three days replacing the rusting steel valleys and flashings on my hip-roofed house. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and seem to genuinely enjoy their work. Aside from finding a couple of nails in a crack between two stone patio steps, the cleanup was well done. The finished product looks fabulous. I now have a roofer for this old house!

Description of Work
Replaced two roof valleys with copper and ice/water shield. Replaced flashing around one chimney with copper. Replaced missing/broken slates throughout roof.

Category roofing, chimney repair

08/10/2015

Thomas S.

Sandor and his team are wonderful. We recently purchased an older home with a spanish tile roof. Sandor and his employee Levi were excellent in providing an explanation of the roof system and what needed to be done to address the issues. Sandor was especially patient in regards to dealing with the home warranty company that covered part of the work. I would highly recommend Sandor and his team. Excellent work. Thank you!

Description of Work
Inspected roof to identify locations of leaks. Replaced broken tiles and re-roofed rear dormer.

Category contractors, roofing

07/13/2015

Kathleen F.

Exact roofing was fantastic. The owner Sandor scheduled us for late October and his crew came when he said they would. They did quality work and sent me pictures of the progress daily. Sandor checks all of their work personally and makes sure it is done exactly as it should be. The crew finished within a week and did an excellent job! We are so happy with their work. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality roofing company who will do exactly what they say they will do. They do it right the first time, a rarity in the roofing world today. They are true craftsmen who take pride in their work. I can not praise them enough! Thank you, Exact roofing!

Description of Work
Relined our copper gutters in our century home.

05/07/2015

Karen W.

Sandor and Exact have been doing my annual slate repairs (all minor) for three years. Other companies were not interested in small jobs. Sandor and his crew always do the work, personally. Nothing has been subcontracted. The quotes have always been accurate. My home is 106 years old and my roof keeps the house wonderfully dry. I highly recommend Exact Roofing.

Description of Work
Replaced missing slate

09/28/2014

Patrick F.

Went great. Sandor was very personable and knowledgeable about our roof. He put me at ease regarding its quality, and charged me a reasonable sum to do a significant amount of work. He was not present on the day that the work was done, but two of his crew members expertly maneuvered themselves across our roof and worked very hard and efficiently on a hot sunny day to replace our shingles. I feel much better about going into the fall and winter seasons after Sandor's guys fixed up our roof; and I wound up having to pay less than I'd anticipated. Will definitely call Sandor next time I have an issue with my slate roof.

Description of Work
Replaced 15 slate shingles

08/18/2014

Michael P.

This work was done in conjunction with a gut-rehab of the entire house - we took the interior down to the studs and replaced the stucco on the entire front face of the house. So it was a tremendous relief to know that Exact would show up when they said they would (they did this work over the course of several months and we continue to have them do small jobs) and perform very diligent work. Sandor provided detailed estimates and even credited us for work he expected to perform but upon further investigation did not. Every day we received photos of the work completed and on several occasions I climbed up on the roof with him for detailed explanations. As many have said, his crew is very courteous and the job site is left clean at the end of the day. As we continue to have exterior work performed, Sandor has remained a great resource and advisor as I contact him before any other trade goes anywhere near the roof. I have even done some of this work myself and he graciously came over and set up roof jacks so I could work safely on the area I needed to access (much to my wife's relief). When we bought the house, many well-intentioned neighbors offered advice on roofing companies. None of these were Exact, but now both of my immediate neighbors and many in the neighborhood have used Exact. That should speak for itself.

Description of Work
We purchased a 6,000sf 1931 Tudor home out of foreclosure that had the original slate roof - portions of which had failed. After performing due diligence on several well-regarded companies, it was an easy choice to hire Sandor and Exact Roofing. Ours is a particularly complicated roof with multiple roof lines, intricate closed valleys, and expansive troughs. To our astonishment, most of the slates were in good condition and only about 200-300 were replaced. But the major weakness was the flashing, valleys, and gutter/downspouts. We had several structural repairs made to strengthen the roof framing and then Exact replaced what seemed like miles of copper. They fabricated many of the pieces on site with a few complicated collector boxes made in the shop. We were so pleased with the work and the fact that our roof should last another 80 years that we also had custom ridge caps made and installed. The house is now water-tight and we get many compliments on the beauty of the roof (and the amount of copper...).

08/06/2014

Mary Kristina H.

Owner contacted via phone within 1 day of submitting request for bid on the company website, came out to inspect within one day and sent quote within another business day. They were able to complete the work about ten days later despite reportedly having a busy schedule because it was a small job. Looks great and no leaks so far. Workers were polite, fast and cleaned up after themselves. We are very satisfied with their response time, price and quality.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired a leaking around a vent. Removed slates adjacent to vent stack, removed deteriorated flashing, prepared and applied ice and water shield membrane as an underlayment, fabricated and installed new copper flashing, and reinstalled slate.

07/28/2014

Chris C.

After purchasing our 1929 house we found that the slate roof was in extreme disrepair due to years of neglect. We spoke with several roofing companies and there is no question that we made the best choice. Sandor is very professional and we never doubted that he had our best interest in mind. All of the work was documented and communicated in detail including before and after pictures of specific items. In additional to doing great work Sandor and his team are very professional. They where respectful of our home and very polite. They made sure that the work area was clean before they left each day.

Description of Work
Replace several valleys which included removal and replacement of surrounding slate. Rebuilt and remedied front valley which had been leaking and had caused substantial damage to the front of the house. Replaced defective flashing. Rebuilt lower roof over front entry Installed 4 coper roofs. Installed copper gutters and downspouts.

05/05/2014

Michael T.

My daughter is purchasing a home in Lakewood and the home inspector had concerns with the condition of the slate roof. Due to contractual obligations, I needed an expert opinion immediately. I called Expert Roofing first thing this morning and also sent an urgent Request For Quote form from their website. Needing the inspection completed today, I panicked around 10:00 AM and called another slate specialist and left a message regarding the urgency. Naturally, I received a call from Sandor shortly thereafter. He had read my email, understood the situation and committed to rearrange his schedule so he could perform the inspection today-which he did do! This was all done verbally; yes, a true Gentleman's Agreement still lives in 2014! As one who makes his living delivering true, genuine customer service and support I have the utmost respect for Sandor and Expert Roofing. They will be the ones doing the repair to my daughter's new home once she closes. A huge thanks for the peace of mind.

Description of Work
Last minute request for expedited Inspection of slate roof to determine condition and the cost to repair. Sandor responded and took action immediately. Other specialist slate roofing company has not yet returned my call for help. FIRST-CLASS SERVICE, I couldn't be any more pleased.

09/23/2013

BARBARA P.

I have an older 3 story home with steep peaks that was build in 1924. The original roof was asbestos tile that Sandor had done sealing and repair work for several years for me. The "Mother's Day" Hail storm from a few years back had caused some damage that the insurance company fought covering. I finally just had Sandor's company replace it with Slate. His crew that does the removal worked for four days to remove all the tiles and make repairs for some rotted wood along the edges and where vents had been removed. They covered the first three feet of the roof with ice and water shield and teflon sheeting on the rest (two layers) as they removed tiles. When they finished, the installation crew came. They flashed all edges of the roof with copper, to keep water from getting up under the roof and cause any damage. They put a beautiful slate roof on using different sizes and colors of tiles. They worked long days and on Saturdays. Weather kept them here longer than they anticipated. They fabricated a copper ridge vent on site and replaced the asphalt shingles on the flat roofs with copper roofing. They were wonderful. His estimate was reasonable, considering the size and the materials. He and his crew are particular about the details, and do the work as if it was their house. They didn't take short cuts. I'm very impressed with the workmanship. True craftsman. When they left, the yard was cleaned. They took all waste with them every night. On Sandor's recommendation, I hired a Master Carpenter friend of his to do the siding over the stucco areas and to re-face a side entrance and the garage door where there was some rotted wood. Sandor's crew had already spent several days rebuilding the dormer after removing the stucco, only to find lots of rotted wood. With all the extras that they did, it did not change the estimate price. I was glad to hire his friend, he did an outstanding job, and like Sandor paid particular attention to the details. The company is Q. E. C. TIVADAR LUKACS 216-235-3405 or 330-273-9643 The whole job turned out wonderful. I love the new look of my house. I would highly recommend these companies.

Description of Work
Exact Roofing did a complete roof replacement, along with gutters and replacing old cracked stucco with siding.

06/25/2013

Stacey V.

They did a wonderful job! Very efficient! Thank you!!

Description of Work
Fixed slate tiles, painted flashing.

06/20/2013

Stevan H.

We are very pleased at Mr. Vargas quick response, good understanding and effective communication. It turned out that he stood behind his word and completed the $3000 roof repair with good workmanship, so we felt confident it would last.

Description of Work
Sandor responded promptly; treating our serious roof leak as a true emergency. He showed us photos he made of the slate problems and gave us a reasonable estimate. His craftsmen worked effectively for three days to completely seal a difficult valley and chimney flashing.

06/06/2013

William M.

Sandor and his helper are great. It took several months to get the job scheduled, because of Hurricane Katrina and then winter, but when they did come, they were very professional. Excellent cleanup. They even painted some bare spots on the chimney.

Description of Work
Installed ice and water shield on slate roof, fabricated copper flashing for chimney and installed it. Replaced six slates. Install three chimney caps.

05/15/2013

Craig M.

He was very honest and had a great crew that was easy to be around. He completed the work and contacted me to make sure I was satisfied and if I had any questions or concerns. I had a few additional items I wanted done, a downspout to a rain barrel and a cap reinstalled. He came back promptly and did the work and was very reasonable even doing a small repair at no cost!I will always call Exact Roofing first when I have a roofing issue.

Description of Work
Sandor came out to inspect our roof after Sandy hit.. Unlike other roofers that wanted to replace the entire roof he said it could easily be repaired.

04/05/2013

Cheryl O.

Excellent workmanship and service at a reasonable price. I will definitely use them for any future roofing needs!

Description of Work
Replaced shakes damaged in storm sandy.

01/21/2013

BILL W.

We have used sandor a couple of times and find him to be very hard working, honest and eager to solve our roofing problems. He is prompt responsive and very knowledgeable. I gave him a B for price, but to be honest, I have not found many good roofers, so since the other guys either never got back to me with quotes, or never did the work, so, for all I know, it may have been an "A" but it seemed reasonable to me since we needed to stop the leaking and prevent further damage. I feel that having the work done promptly and done well, it is worth the price. He is very polite and respectful, which are other traits I do not see often in the roofing industry. If roofing work done I would recommend calling Exact Roofing.

Description of Work
Replaced copper in valleys, repaired leaks and tiles on our slate roof

12/28/2012

Christine M.

Everything went better than anticipated, see above comments.

Description of Work
We had been struggling to find someone to maintain and repair our slate roof and feel very fortunate to have found Sandor. Sandor showed up when he said he would, did what he said he was going to do and helped with a couple of issues that had been giving us problems for a couple of years. The end price was lower than we expected as the problem ended up being less than originally anticipated. Sandor is knowledgeable, cares about his work, participates in the actual work and has a handle on those working for him. I would not hesitate to recommend Exact Roofing/Sandor to anyone.

10/28/2012

Wendy M.

It went well. Ryan did the work and, clearly, he knows what he is doing. Sandor and Ryan were both very polite, knowledgable and conscientious.

Description of Work
We had some gutter sections replaced, roof vents installed and repairs on our wood shingle roof: flashings replaced on chimneys, valley, etc.

06/08/2012

Leigh K.

It took a couple extra months to start the job due to the rainy weather we had last spring. I've used this company in the past and because of the high quality of their work I didn't mind the wait. Sandor is always very prompt in returning calls, explains the project thoroughly and does excellent work. This was a very labor intensive project and he is extremely meticulous and proud of the work he does. When he realized all the wood under the old roofing material had to be removed, he worked very hard and put in extra hours to get all the new wood in within that same day. My new copper roof is really beautiful and shows the fine craftsmanship he is known for. ( sorry it took so long for me to submit this report!)

Description of Work
removed all old wood of flat roof over garage due to moisture/ mold damage and replaced with new wood installed hand soldered flat lock copper roof

04/22/2012

sophie K.

Sandor and his employees at Exact Roofing Co. demonstrated exemplary craftsmanship and skills throughout this job. They are true professionals in their trade and they are visibly proud and excited about the work they do. Overall they did a superb job on our original slate roof! We contacted the Exact Roofing Company after reading numerous raving reviews on their excellent work. We needed to have our roof inspected for hail and ice damage. Sandor took his time to inspect and explain the HOWs and the WHYs of the work to be done. He provided us with a very fair and detailed estimate for the project and he stuck with it. We had NO HESITATION selecting Exact Roofing to perform the extensive repairs and we have NO REGRETS!! on the contrary. We are thrilled! The crew was extremely professional and punctual, arriving early and at the same time each day, working until 5/6PM and meticulously cleaning up the job site every day before leaving. The entire crew stayed on this job until the entire project was done. Also, every other day, Sandor emailed us great photos of the work which had been done. This made it easy for us to see EXACTLY what or how they worked on each area of our roof and also to appreciate the extent and difficulty of the job due to the fact that our slate roof is very high and very steep, but the crew seemed to relish the challenge. In conclusion, Sandor, the owner, was a pleasure to work with, his crew was skilled and very hard working, they were extremely pleasant craftsmen who took genuine pride in their work. The result is beautiful. They definitely added value to our home. We would not hesitate to recommend Exact Roofing Co. One of the best contractors we have ever employed in our 25+ years as homeowners.

Description of Work
(1) Replaced approximately sixty missing, badly broken, or storm damaged (9” x 14”) slate tiles throughout entire roof; re-hung loose slates in the process. (2) Replaced the two (hail-damaged) aluminum valleys flashing with copper: (i) removed multiple rows of slates adjacent to valleys; (ii) removed existing aluminum flashing; (iii) prepared and applied “Ice and Water Shield” underlayment membrane at open area (see photo); (iv) fabricated and installed new W style copper valley flashing; (v) trimmed and re-installed slates. (see photos) (3) Repaired damaged flashing at both chimneys: (i) removed slates adjacent to chimneys; (ii) removed damaged metal flashing; (iii) prepared and applied ”Ice and Water Shield” membrane as underlayment; (iv) fabricated and installed new metal chimney flashing; and (v) re-installed slates. (see photos) (4) Replaced old galvanized steel gutters with new 5” half round copper gutters on entire house: (i) removed and reset slates where needed to correctly attach gutter to roof (since our existing gutter straps had been improperly installed, i.e. nailed through the slates), Sandor and his crew made sure all was installed according to traditional roofing techniques. (5) Remove old galvanized steel downspouts and brick hooks and replaced with new copper downspouts on entire house (attaching them to exterior masonry wall with matching copper rack). (6) Installed (beautiful) heavy duty copper snow guards at lower end of both valleys. (7) Replaced vent stuck boot. (see photo)

04/14/2012

GARY C.

I’ll start by saying that I highly recommend Exact Roofing and hope to continue using them to maintain the slate roof on my 85 year old Heights house. I’ve owned this house for almost 30 years and, in that time, have had some miserable experiences with other roofers. I thought, about 10 years, ago that I had finally found a reliable roofing company, one which is also A-rated by Angie’s List members, but this other company is now in the hands of the descendants of the founder and they were not willing to take on the carpentry that had to be done in conjunction with the slate work I needed recently. This turned out to be a deal-breaker; the lead they gave me for someone who could do the carpentry in coordination with the slate and copper work turned out to be a total waste of time and energy; he showed up for an estimate and then never got back to me with a number. The good news is that this sent me back to Angie’s List and I ended up calling Sandor at Exact Roofing. There was a long delay in getting started but this was understandable given the very rainy summer and fall we had. The work started so late that the painting and some minor details could not be done and are still unfinished. I’ve hesitated in writing this review because I thought I should wait until the job is completely finished. However, there’s a good chance that I’ll ask Sandor to do more work this summer in the form of replacing the rest of the galvanized flashing on my roof with copper. I can’t say that everything Exact Roofing did was absolutely perfect but I’m a very critical person and I can honestly say that Sandor is the best contractor I’ve ever hired. He was a pleasure to work with, returned calls and replied to emails promptly, kept me well-informed about when they’d show up and what they’d be doing, took photos so that I could see the before, during and after pictures of their work, did work of generally excellent quality, cleaned up carefully after themselves and, to top it all off, were significantly less expensive than my previous roofer. As I said at the start, I highly recommend Sandor and Exact Roofing

Description of Work
1. Removing and replacing several rows of slates over an area 6 feet high and 30 feet long, to install a waterproof membrane. 2. Replacing about 30 feet of soffit damaged by water 3. Replacing about 30 slates installed incorrectly by previous roofers. 4. Installing roof heating cable 5. Replacing deteriorated galvanized flashing with copper around 2 chimneys, a dormer and an exhaust vent 6. Removing asphalt shingles over a small garage roof and replacing them with purple slate to match the roof. 7. Misc. other small repairs.

03/03/2012

Deb S.

When we first received the estimate in late November, we were given an original date estimate of June. However, when a schedule opening occurred, the job was pulled forward to February. The team was polite, efficient, and left the job site very clean. Pictures were taken before, during, and after the job was completed so that we could see the quality of the workmanship. The roof looks great.

Description of Work
1. Copper valleys were replaced. 2. The lowest four feet of slate tiles were removed, the ice dam membrane was repaired and an incorrect installation by a different company was repaired, and the slate tiles were replaced.

02/22/2012

A. M.

His crew was early to work and late to leave. Sandor sent me pictures of their work regularly and kept me abreast as to what they found. The roof was in disrepair from neglect and they have stopped all the slow leaks. Their prices were in line with competitors, but their responsiveness won them the job. A really great experience all in all.

Description of Work
Sandor and Co. replaced about 200 slates, three copper chimney saddles, and seven copper valleys.

Chimney Guys Ohio

Check our website for current promotions. All major credit cards accepted. Sub contracting not an option. We won't show up for another company, and only WE will show up to do work on your home. No surprises.

Window Genie of Cleveland West

Window Genie of Cleveland West is your locally owned and operated leader in streak free window cleaning, window tinting, pressure washing, gutter cleaning and holiday lighting. Window Genie's commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism is what has made us America's fastest growing home service franchise. With world class training and service standards, you will feel safe knowing our uniformed technicians have completed a thorough background check and will take great pride in caring for your home or office. We carry full insurance, are bonded and use only the best equipment and materials available in today's market. Estimates are always free.

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

Slate and Tile Roof Repair Historic Roof Restoration Copper and Steel Gutters and Downspouts New Slate, Tile, and Metal Roofs Wood Shake Installation and Repair Flat Roofs Chimney Repairs Leak Solving and Maintenance Snow Removal and Snow Guard Installation Heating Cable Installation

Asphalt and fiberglass shingle. Aluminum gutter.