Elie's Plumbing

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2005

3541 Severn Rd

Cleveland, OH 44118

3 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Extra charge for emergency services....

06/08/2022

Alex G.

Hopefully their plumbing is better than their ability to return a phone call. Never got back to me even days after I called to get a quote.

Description of Work
Needed a drain snaked

06/17/2020

STEVEN A Z.

Fast response, had the parts needed on arrival, did the work under difficult circumstances. It's been working great.

Description of Work
Replace outdoor freeze-proof faucet

10/07/2019

MOSHE B.

They save my heater. They always done a excellent job at a fair prices.

Description of Work
Water heater repair.

Category water heater repair

10/03/2019

CAROLYN W.

It was an excellent job. The guy who came knows what he was doing and he did an excellent job, He was courteous and a kind person.

Description of Work
They fixed the drip that was in the bathtub and they did my drain in the basement.

07/09/2019

BARBARA S.

Elie and his assistant, Ben, arrived on time, removed the ancient and clogged drain pipe, and replaced it and all the elbows with 2" PVC pipe from the basement up to the sink drain and included an air vent and a clean out. They were done within a couple of hours. Elie is straight forward, knows his plumbing, and will explain the reasons for what he does if you ask. He is very easy to work with, flexible with scheduling, and I could not recommend him more highly.

Description of Work
I needed the drain pipe for my sink replaced.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

thank you for the kind words. elie

06/25/2019

Kate W.

I would hire Elie's Plumbing again in a heartbeat! I had a clogged bathroom sink for a few weeks that I was putting off when my downstairs faucet started leaking. I called Elie, who answered right away and was very professional. He sent out a plumber 2 hours later! Very impressive for a non-urgent issue. The plumber quickly realized that I needed a new faucet and that my current one was not worth repairing. He offered me a number of alternatives and helped figure out pricing and where they were located. While I went and bought a faucet (saving him a trip and myself an extra 50$ fee), he declogged the upstairs faucet. The whole process, including my trip to the store to get the new faucet, took just under an hour. The plumber was courteous and professional. The area was cleaned up when he was done. I was most impressed with the promptness of service, the honesty on pricing (helping save $50 by buying my own faucet) and the professionalism of the team.

Description of Work
Faucet repair and clogged sink

06/24/2019

Sharon P.

It been very good. Very prompt, very knowledgeable, and they know what they are doing.

Description of Work
hot water tank

Category water heater repair

10/31/2018

Eric S.

Excellent! although I was going to make an appointment, I was told they would be here the same day. An hour later I got the call that he was on his way. He took the time to explain exactly what he was doing, and although the installation was more complicated then we thought, including a part that they supplied, they still stuck to the original quote which I was given over the phone. Extremely fair price, and the $10 seniors discount didn't hurt either. We will be using them whenever we need a plumber. Who says plumbers will take you for all they can get? These guys break the mold!!

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet replacement

10/19/2018

MARLIN W.

I liked him at the first meeting; my gut feeling was that he was a good man. He gives free estimates and his price was fair for the amount of work. He and a second guy installed everything and performed all functions that were needed for the new basement appliances. His good work is much appreciated.

Description of Work
Needed water lines and installation for new washer, install new dryer venting, unclog basement drain, install new basement utility faucet.

06/04/2018

Margaret R.

Excellent job - prompt, efficient, and solved the problem.

Description of Work
Repair one outdoor faucet valve and replace one outdoor faucet valve

02/14/2018

Aqeel B.

Called Elie and he was responsive gave a flat price quote for snaking the pipe. his son Avi showed up the next morning as scheduled. he noticed that some areas needed to be replaced along with snaking the pipe he gave me a price for all work prior to starting. he explained each step, was quick and neat and very professional. extremely satisfied and will use again.

Description of Work
our first floor bathroom sink was completely clogged and had old copper pipes in some of the sections.

Category drain cleaning

12/01/2017

Brad R.

They came out the same day and did and got everything taken care of.

Description of Work
I needed a drain unclogged and a sink waste pipe replaced.

11/11/2017

Andrew K.

Fine until we realized during a large family dinner there was water running all over the floor. Problem was still there.

Description of Work
We have used Eli in the past with great results. He came and snaked a shower drain, mended a messed up toilet seat and was supposed to fix a leaky under the sink issue. Sadly a leak with our disposal and dish drain was not fixed properly and despite multiple phone calls, we have not heard back from him.

08/03/2017

Ruth F.

He is reliable and honest. He doesn't try to tack on extra charges. He seems to be knowledgeable and responsive.

Description of Work
He fixed a leak in a bathroom faucet and changed a cartridge.

07/27/2017

Carly B.

I happened to call at a good time, so he was able to make it out within half an hour. The work was completed efficiently and that was that! New spigot, no more leak. He showed me the old pipe and what had happened to cause the leak.

Description of Work
We had a leaky pipe in the basement leading to an outdoor spigot.

07/20/2017

Chris B.

They did a great job. They came in saw the problem, fixed it and didn't leave a mess. They explained what they were doing. I had no issues. They were personal, professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They fixed a toilet.

06/16/2017

Zubin S.

Elie and his crew are always punctual and do excellent work. I have often called Elie in a pinch and he has never let me down. Keep up the awesome job!

Description of Work
Have had multiple jobs done: Shower Valve replacement, Toilet clean out, Tub Clean out

06/10/2017

NANCY G.

SHOCKINGLY BAD. Went on Angie's List to locate a plumber near me. Because Elie's Plumbing was only about two miles from me and had so many good reviews, at around 7:20 a.m. I decided to phone in order to leave a message and hopefully hear from back from them when they opened. Instead, a man answered "hello". Since he did not give the business name, I politely asked if I had reached Elie's Plumbing. He said yes, and before even hearing what I was calling about, he immediately asked me for all of my contact info, including my address. I gave him my info but, because of this, and the fact that it was earlier than his stated business hours, I asked if I had reached an answering service. He said no, that he was the plumber. Things rapidly went down hill from there. I sat aghast on the other end of the phone as Elie the plumber was nothing but NASTY, SARCASTIC, & RUDE. Intending to end the call and his verbal abuse of me, I then calmly & nicely said "Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but..." and he immediately began making lame excuses for the way he had been treating me. Still appalled by his treatment of me and in utter disbelief that anyone would actually behave as he did, I just wanted to be done with him. I simply said, as he was trying to salvage the call, that I would have to call him back, though I had no intention whatsoever of ever doing so. ...I simply don't understand why this guy would be so nasty, rude, and sarcastic to me from the get-go when I was simply calling to get my toilet fixed and I was nothing but polite. His behavior was 100% unprovoked by me. ...I have since read other reviews here on Angie's List that mention his rudeness. Those are understatements and don't begin to cover his abhorrent behavior with me. ...Why would anyone ever do business with someone who behaves this way, let alone allow him into your house???? ...I was thrilled to be off of the phone with him and immediately set out to find someone else to fix the toilet. I called another plumber who was pleasant, polite, and could be here within the hour. All went well. ...To my amazement, while I was waiting for the second plumber to arrive, I received a phone call from Elie the plumber, acting as if nothing negative had previously transpired and stating that he could be at my house shortly to perform the work if I wished. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This guy clearly has no clue, and with hundreds of plumbers to choose from, why would anyone choose him? ...If you like being verbally abused & demeaned for no apparent reason, this is your guy.

Description of Work
Simple toilet repair. ...Woke up on 06/09/17 around 5:00 a.m. to the sound of rushing water. Still being somewhat new to Cleveland, I'm always at a loss on immediately knowing whom to call for good, reliable service. That's the whole reason I joined Angie's List when I bought my hundred year old house here a couple of years ago. ...The water rushing through my toilet in an unused bathroom wasn't the normal slow trickle or flow one would normally associate with a running toilet. It was a constant, forceful rush of water akin to a faucet being left open all the way and running non-stop. Since the 100-year old water shut off to the toilet refused to turn and I didn't want to owe the city a fortune in wasted water fees, I needed the problem resolved asap.

Category plumbing

hello nancy, i would like to have my say. i did answer my phone at 7:20. when people call i answer even in middle of the night. you explained your issue that you have a 100 year old house and toilet started running, not leaking and you explained it was a bathroom that you dont need. at that point i asked for your information. i offered you a "FREE" estimate. i did say i cant diagnose it from here. im sorry if you felt i was being rude and scarcastic. i felt for you. i wanted to help you. i advised you to look to shut off water by main so you are not wasting money. im sorry i was not being rude. i have 281 A grades. i let my record speak for itself. i am sorry if i offended you in any way. i am sorry that i was not able to help you. sincerely, elie

06/07/2017

Bonar B.

Excellent! Elie & his team were professional & thorough!

Description of Work
Toliet(s) fixed & drains cleaned

06/06/2017

Jody R.

Great. I have very old plumbing and he took his time and managed to get a very badly clogged sink unstuck. Snaked the sink and replaced a piece of the pipe. Cleaned up well afterward.

Description of Work
Had a badly clogged bathroom sink and a replacement of a copper fitting under the sink.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

thank you for the kind report. have a great day

05/30/2017

Baruch K.

Went very well. Eli is a pleasure to work with

Description of Work
Gas dryer disconnected

05/02/2017

Jason M.

Elie and his team were responsive, friendly, knowledgeable and fast. I had some issues with a custom build out for a mobile food operation I'm starting this summer (Connie's Affogato) and most plumbers I reached out to wouldn't even look at it. Elie met me on site the next day, assessed the problem, and worked through it piece by piece. 90 minutes later three substantial plumbing issues were resolved and my mobile food cart was working perfectly. I cannot recommend Elie enough for all of your residential and commercial needs.The dude's a saint! Cheers to local craftsman doing great things with their hands. We need more like Elie out here.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting leaky sink in custom mobile food service operation

03/20/2017

Kala M.

He completed the job and one day and recommended a painter to patch back up the wall.

Description of Work
Elie replaced my main stack in the basement where it was leaking. He also snaked my pipes.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

thank you for the wonderful review. it was a pleasure working with you. elie

02/28/2017

Amy D.

I called Elie in the morning, and he was thankfully able to come that afternoon. He was able to diagnose and repair the problem in a matter of minutes. He had the necessary replacement part on hand, which made things easy. Pricing seemed on par with past plumbing services from other contractors (especially with same-day service). Very friendly. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Hot water tap in shower suddenly stopped working.

02/08/2017

Jeff S.

Great. Ellie is very responsive and does excellent work.

Description of Work
Pipe repair at my daughter's house.