DAVE'S HAULING & CLEAN UP

Founded 1972 • With Angi since January 1998

4320 MARTIN LUTHER KING DR

Cleveland, OH 44105

OWNER OPERATED. USES SUBS WHEN NECESSARY. CHARGES PER LOAD, $125 MINIMUM. TRAVEL CHARGES APPLY. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT. ANOTHER CONTACT NAME IS FAYE.

08/04/2018

Irving S.

SENSATIONAL!! Second time used in 9 years. Dave is a special guy and does very EXCEPTIONAL work!!! NOBODY COULD BE BETTER!!!!!!

Description of Work
Cleaned out commercial store basement - one HUGE load

11/15/2017

Michael M.

Great! Extremely polite and conscientious young men.

Description of Work
Hauled away refrigerator, stove, and water heater.

08/21/2014

Michael P.

Dave arrived on time and loaded all material, including heavy, wet carpet and pad from my 2-car garage where it had been staged by me. Not only did he complete the job in a timely manner, he swept my garage floor when he was done.

Description of Work
Dave loaded and hauled away debris from a bathroom remodel, attic cleaning, and a flooded basement.

03/03/2014

Michael J.

Great; come on time; reasonable price; took additional items without a hitch.

Description of Work
Remove items we no longer wanted.

06/05/2013

Steven B.

Searching for an estimate to demo a Master Bathroom Called Dave, and left a message. Return phone call the same day! Estimate received the next morning at 9:00am. Very professional, knowledgable and punctual. Due to pricing, i will continue my search. Thank You Dave for your time! Steven

Description of Work
Dave came out for an estimate

04/01/2013

Rom M.

Dave did all the work himself. He was friendly fast and effecient. Loaded everything up and then swept up the entire area, and left it as if there was never a scrap in the driveway. While talking with him, he mentioned how much the disposal places charged him and I then realized what a great deal I got from Dave!!

Description of Work
Dave came out and hauled a lot of old fencing and decking material that I had demolished. There was a lot of old wood and other materials that filled a large portion of my driveway.

03/11/2013

Robert S.

Set appointment, did not call, did not show.

Description of Work
None.

03/09/2013

Angela B.

Dave gave me a rough eastimate on the phone and firmed it up once he saw what was involved. I had everything in the garage from an evicted tenant including bags of clothes, old tvs, garbage, broken toilet, table and chairs, etc... Dave was happy to remove it all. I helped him load his truck (he did not ask for my help) and he was fantastic to work with, he works non-stop and has many stories of past hauling jobs and life in general. In about 2 hours we emptied out a 2 1/2 car garage and he even swept up afterward. There were no unexpected surprises, the price was right and the whole experience was a pleasure. Dave will get my business and recommendation in the future. I gave Quality a C because he only seperates the metal, instead of things that can be fixed, donated, resold, etc... Thanks Dave for doing a fantastic job and being an honest hard working person.

Description of Work
Dave hauled away a housefull of items left by an evicted tenant that filled a 2 1/2 car garage. The items included bags of clothes and shoes, garbage, mattresses, dressers, tables and chairs, broken toilet, broken minifridge, etc...

11/30/2012

Christen S.

I can't say enough great things about Dave! He was extremely polite and punctual. He and his assistant went out of their way to clean up after themselves and to do the work in the most efficient way. While cleaning out the attic, they moved their truck to the side of the house, near a window and threw the trash out the window and into the truck rather than tracking back and forth through the house. They didn't have an easy time of if given that our clean up was the attic and our garage with a non-working garage door! Both gentlemen were pleasant and happy throughout, they even gave us advice on how to dispose of the paint and lawn debris that they couldn't take. We looked at the cost of renting a garbage bin and for the extra $100 bucks it was well worth it to have Dave and his colleague do the work. I can't imagine my husband and I doing what they did and juggling 2 kids.

Description of Work
Dave and his assistant cleaned out our attic and garage.

10/29/2012

Herbert K.

We took a fence down and they took away some of the lumber. He did a real good job. He was very professional.

Description of Work
We hired them for hauling.

08/30/2012

TAMARA O.

He arrived within 2 hours. Spent 6 hours and full truckload to get all the dirt, bugs, old wood,cement, rat infessed cabnets removed,vacumed. He did a fantastic job. Was profesional, freindly and hardworking. Also removed some old kitchen cabnets left in garage and 130 feet of wire fencing.

Description of Work
Dave came by my new house to clean out two very dirty shed's.

05/21/2012

DAVID E.

Overall the experience wasn't bad but the initial telephone interaction was off-putting.

Description of Work
I telephoned Dave's Hauling & Clean-Up and the person who answered the telephone seemed slightly confused and evasive. After I asked whether this was Dave's Hauling & Clean-Up she was forthright and responsive. She apologized for the confusion by indicating that the number receives many unwelcome telephone calls. I then asked whether the firm could haul some dirt left over after a construction project and she indicated that the firm no longer hauls dirt. She further indicated that the firm will need to up-date its listing to indicate as such. No service was performed.

05/11/2012

PAMELA G.

The initial contact on the phone was professional. Dave set up an appointment quickly, was on time and completed the job efficiently. He cleaned up more than I had intended and left everything in very good order. Fast, clean and efficient.

Description of Work
I had the benches in my breakfast nook removed. I also removed some very old linoleum from my kitchen floor.There was some other debris, as well, that needed to be removed. Not a big load, but still significant.

03/31/2012

Jeff B.

I found Dave's Hauling here on Angie's List on Monday and called to explain the situation to him. Dave said it would not be a problem and gave me a ballpark estimate for his services and set up an appointment for Wednesday morning. When he arrived Dave promptly got to work (he was alone) and even dug out pieces of wood from the shed's floor that were stuck into the ground. The price was within the range that he had given me on the phone even though I didn't know about the wood he would have to dig out. The backyard looks amazing now and we are extremely happy with the service and the price. We will definitely recommend and use Dave's Hauling again when we need them.

Description of Work
Clean up and haul away debris from an old (torn down) storage shed as well as some of the left over contents. Dug out wood from the floor that had sunk into the ground.

01/23/2012

Cindy B.

Dave's Hauling and Clean Up was the perfect fit for my needs. Dave did a great job hauling away trash and non-useable items from my home. It was a life-saver in getting things completed for my move. Dave's Hauling and Clean Up was on time, expedited the task with friendly professionalism and offered a reasonable charge. I highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Moving to a new location and needed unnecessary junk and trash hauled out home.

11/14/2011

Jennifer S.

Dave worked on a Sunday, which was good for my schedule. He arrived on time, and worked carefully and diligently for three hours. Not only did he haul away all the junk in my garage, he helped sweep it and arrange the remaining items. He is a nice, hardworking man.

Description of Work
Dave cleaned out a garage full of contruction debris and junk.

09/07/2011

JESSIE & EDWARD H.

They were really nice people and they seemed very competent. They said that they were willing to do the job, but I figured they would have been overwhelmed by the job. If this job would have been a normal-sized job, not for a hoarder, I would have used them.

Description of Work
I called them to get an estimate to clean out my relative's home.

08/22/2011

PATRICIA D.

I received a prompt return call and Dave was able to accommodate our request for his services within 2 business days. Dave is a very personable and professional provider. He stuck with it even though it was quite hot and humid. He was able to provide good direction on how to accomplish the most in the shortest period of time. This wasn't just a good experience it was extraordinarily great.

Description of Work
Emptying my brothers home of old furniture, carpeting, air conditioner, toys. I'd used Dave a few years ago and was pleased that he was available. He actually spent two days working with my grandson. They loaded his truck to the brim on 8-16 and 8-18.

07/30/2011

JULIE A.

We used Dave's Hauling a few years ago, and were very pleased with the work he did in clearing out stuff from our basement. We had accumulated a significant amount of and quot;stuffand quot; to get rid of (broken filing cabinets, old lawnmower and grill, etc.), so we called Dave again. Faye scheduled us for a time most convenient for us, and Dave arrived at 8:00 a.m. on the dot. Even though he was alone, he managed to hoist all of the big stuff into the truck, and to maintain good humor. Dave is prompt, professional, responsible, and friendly, and we are pleased to give him our business!

Description of Work
Hauled accumulated junk away from our home

06/29/2011

Tina Z.

Mr. Dave was extremely neat, polite, and reasonably priced. A great person for any service you may need done.

Description of Work
Removed a huge amount of boxes and packing material as well as miscellaneous stuff from a move.

06/27/2011

NEAL L.

Very smooth. Arrived as promised, worked quickly and cleaned up after himself very thoroughly. A very personable guy.

Description of Work
Dave broke down and removed four old pieces of furniture and an old television for us. Not an easy job since there was one or more items on each of the three floors of the house.

02/24/2011

MARY S.

He has done amazing things for me. I was taken care of someone who had been keeping a lot stuff. He has been helping clean somethings. He has been very helpful. He is very polite, very tidy, and takes a tremendous burden off my shoulders.

Description of Work
He provides hauling service.

11/24/2010

Deanna R.

Excellent. Came the same day I called. Did a great job. Swept the driveway for nails at end. Fast. Couldn't believe he could load it all so quickly. Absolutely recommend!

Description of Work
clean-up of construction debris from 2-car garage roof-tear off and misc from garage -- including old washing machine, tools, etc.

10/15/2010

MARGARET G.

They did a great job. I was not as prepared as I could have been and they helped me pull down boxes from the top shelves so I could sort through them. They were very careful not to make a mess in my home and were cautious when moving large objects through small doorways. They blew the leaves off my walk so they would not track any leaves into my home. They took their time and made sure nothing important got thrown away. I really appreciated the thorough job that they did.

Description of Work
Basement cleanout project - 40 years worth of stuff. There were a lot of small items, as well as big items.

07/16/2010

LILLIAN L.

Dave and helper, Shon, arrived on time as promised. We separated what we were throwing away and what we wanted to keep. Dave and Shon were very organized and professional. I was very impressed with their work and did not expect the areas to be cleaned so thoroughly. I would hire and recommend them to anyone needing hauling or cleanup. Dave even reminded me to take my 10% senior citizen discount off the price.

Description of Work
Cleaned out entire basement and crawl space and a few items in the garage! Dave checked with us when he came across some old family photos we had forgotten about that were in a box in the crawl space. Upon loading the debris in his truck, he and his helper swept and cleaned the basement, crawl space and garage of any remaining dirt and trash. The entire process took less than a few hours and we had much trash, old exercise equipment, sporting equipment and two full sized Christmas trees with ornaments and lights that were over 20 years old.