Century Chimney Sweep Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since August 1999

Owner operated. No subs. Cost determined by the job. Exterior brickwork put on hold between Labor Day and the following Spring/Summer season....

Zemco Roofing & Repairs Inc

Direct Office #440-379-7291 As a 2017 Super Service Award winner in multiple categories our service awards have exceeded what most companies acquire in only a few categories for the year. Zemco Roofing knows that roofing needs do not always mean having to buy a new roof! In fact, we have found our niche in the roofing industry in the maintenance and repair of your roof – all the way from the gutters up! We pride ourselves in finding economical, competitive alternatives to needing a total roof replacement for our customers, saving them money & stress, however when your roof has reached its life or incurred storm damage Zemco also provides outstanding new roof installation! Since 1997, we pride ourselves on Integrity, Honesty & Reliability as our BBB accreditation affirms! We take the time with each of our customers to find the best options for their needs. We establish & maintain long term relationships with our customers. Zemco can provide anything from a brand new roof to a simple gutter cleaning or anything in between! We would love the opportunity to partner with you for all of your roofing needs. Please note, real estate transactions may incur an additional fee that will be fully credited if Zemco is hired for the work completed. Call us today to explore your options!

Offers by Zemco Roofing & Repairs Inc on Angi
QPS Chimney Contractors Landscaping & Snow

Family business. Owner operated. We provide high quality at an affordable rate. Low overhead unlike the big guys. Call us for a free estimate!

Chimney Guys Ohio

Check our website for current promotions. All major credit cards accepted. Sub contracting not an option. We won't show up for another company, and only WE will show up to do work on your home. No surprises.

12/08/2021

Chris O.

I have used Century Chimney Sweep & Repair for 19 years. This company is the most ethical company I have ever encountered and they also completely honest and professional. Their technicians/sweeps are CSIA certified, which gives me further assurances they are competent. Way back in the day, Gary (owner) cleaned, repaired and improved my chimneys and as his company expanded, the quality always stayed the same, so I can wholeheartedly recommend this company. They also stand 100% behind their work, so if a warranty issue/claim, etc., ever arises, they 100% stand behind their work and always put their customer's safety and needs 1st -- a rare thing in today's business climate.

Description of Work
Re-line chimney

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

10/15/2019

Cathy B.

Look no further! Century Chimney saves the day, Tyler and Zach arrived on time and kept my house as clean as it was before they got here. They used a camera to inspect the inside of the liner, which no other sweep had done before. They found exposed wood that was charred, and an approximately 6" hole in the middle of the system! I had been using this fireplace for several years before I met the guys from Century!! My last sweep didn't find any of these issues. Tyler and Zach just may have saved our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Description of Work
Needed Chimney cleaned out - never had it done before!

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

10/10/2019

Garrett H.

This crew was so friendly, and so professional. "Graham" was the name of the sweep that arrived here. They ran a camera all the way up the inside of my chimney, and found a hole where someone apparently had vented something else into it in the past. Smoke, sparks and heat could have got into my attic if they had not found this. They might have saved us from a very bad situation! They also installed a cap to keep animals out, filled in a small hole in our fireplace wall, and put our damper plate back on track.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning, chimney cap, reset my damper, patch a missing mortar spot in the fireplace.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

10/04/2019

Janet K.

Tyler and Zachary from Century Chimney arrived on time and kept my house as clean as it was before they got here. They used a camera to inspect the inside of the liner, which no other sweep had done before. They found exposed wood that was charred, and an approximately 6" hole in the middle of the system! I had been using this fireplace for several years before I met the guys from Century!! My last sweep didn't find any of these issues. Tyler and Zach just may have saved our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney sweep

12/29/2018

Ken K.

A Century Chimney camera inspection of the chimney in our 90-plus year old house revealed badly deteriorated flue tiles. The damage -- which made our fireplace too hazardous to use -- was beyond ordinary repair and required the installation of a stainless steel liner. Century installed the liner, insulating it with Thermix; parged the smoke chamber; installed a new damper and crown; and performed all the necessary grinding and tuckpointing of the masonry. The chimney is tall (about 27 feet) and the liner job was challenging. Owner Gary Spolar was onsite for the daylong job. He and his team really know their stuff. In addition to being experts, they were also punctual, responsive, friendly, and thoroughly professional. Plus they left the site clean, inside the house and out. The work was done in September 2018. We've used the fireplace multiple times since then and it works perfectly.

Description of Work
Installation of a stainless steel chimney liner. Parge of smoke chamber. Installation of new damper and crown. Grinding and tuckpointing.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

Thank you again for the kind words, Mr. [Member Name Removed]! Please let us know if we can be of service in the future. Gary Spolar Century Chimney Inc.

11/26/2018

Jessica S.

Guys came to clean and inspect chimney. Interactions up to the day of work were fine. Bob was responsive and helpful. However, once the guys came to our house it all went off the rails. First off, it seems like like they just had an agenda, pointing out multiple and apparently fatal flaws in the chimney. The only solution for this was a $6500 chimney liner. Sensing how potentially important this was, we called in two additional and independent contracts to inspect the chimney. Both of these guys basically said "the chimney is fine." Old houses like this are riddled with issues and there are always risks, but they were minimal and there are ways to mitigate risk that don't involve this $6500 liner. I think Century Chimney used dramatic pictures of cracks in mortar to play up what is essentially not a big deal. Oh and by the way, the first guy we called in for a second opinion had to do a complete chimney clean, saying he wouldn't stick his expensive camera up our chimney without it... so one of the main things we hired Century for - cleaning - doesn't appear to have been done well at all.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep and Inspection

Category chimney sweep

[Member Name Removed] It is our responsibility as Certified chimney technicians to make you aware of any safety issues you may have within your wood-burning system. Upon further review of your files and pictures we've taken, I can also see the gaps between your liner tiles as well as vertical cracks in your tiles wide enough to put my fingers into. Your smoke chamber is not finished properly, and has a hole big enough for me to put my fist into. These are serious safety issues, and should not be taken lightly. If you get enough contractors to your house, you will of course get the answer you seek, even if they are incorrect. I will forward the pictures to you again, if you request them. I will also contact Angie's List to see how I may upload the pictures to this response to your review. Please be safe, and use whoever you will to complete the repairs. NFPA 211 codes as well as IRQ codes to describe your situation are available upon request. Stay safe, Gary Spolar Century Chimney Inc

04/05/2018

Connor M.

Bob in the office was very helpful and went out of his way to get someone to our house within hours. Tyler was very knowledgeable and went through every step of the inspection and the needed repairs in a clear, concise, and professional manner. Gave me names of alternative companies to comparison shop. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Damper misplaced on chimney. Replaced at no cost. Inspection performed.

Category chimney repair

11/21/2017

Robert Wayne P.

I called and made arrangements for the company to come out and give me an estimate on getting the chimney recapped and a screen put on top....I also said I may need more work on the chimney but was wanting them to assess the situation and give me a quote. They said that was not a problem that they would come out and give me a quote...This was 3 weeks in advance and they called two days in advance to confirm that we were going to be home and that the appointment was still on. I told them we were and that we would be home and available. Then the day before our appointment the owner calls and tells my wife that they will not come out and give us a quote. He said if they come out they need to be able to do the work. So he wants us to agree to pay for whatever they do when they show up without knowing what amount we will need to pay or even give us ballpark figures on what it may cost? What customer would agree to pay whatever they charge without a quote(which they said they do) or even some ballpark numbers so I know what I am dealing with. Sorry but I cannot agree to that so the guy cancelled our appointment we waited on for three weeks. I thought it was unprofessional of them. Just tell me up front you do not do quotes instead of agreeing to do the quote and then cancelling at the last minute. Thank you

Description of Work

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Your wife called to cancel the video inspection we had on our schedule for you. Your review is fabricated, based on something that literally never happened, and we never worked for you, yet you took the time to write paragraphs and give us a grade of F. I hope whatever in your life brings you to do such things gets better for you. Have a wonderful day.

11/16/2017

Lisa S.

Called office and spoke with Bob. I told him that the chimney had a blockage and he told me that "they do not do appliance vents". He said they only do liners. He then proceeded to tell me to contact a plumber. Plumber? I then looked at their website and see that they do perform all chimney services so I called him back to clarify this is indeed a chimney that needs cleaned and/or repaired. He then stated that "if the furnace is vented to the chimney that they won't service those, only service ones with fireplace". It just doesn't make sense. It also contradicts their website page that describes the process of putting in a new liner to vent the furnace up the chimney. I have gathered from these two conversations that either Bob is sabotoging business for the owner or he is a complete moron. Either way that the owner has allowed this person to be the first point of contact of his business and losing clients because of it. Hopefully Gary the owner will read this review.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and possible repair

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

11/07/2017

LYNETTE K.

After the initial estimate, the cover was ordered and we were informed that they could do the work in about two weeks. They removed the old wood insert (which had been ravaged by a raccoon(?). They removed the vent and painted it b/c replacing it would have meant removing the entire stack. (BIG BUCKS) They installed the cover and put the vent back on. We received pics of "before" and "after". The workers were professional, yet friendly. I would recommend Century Chimney. A great company to work with on this project.

Description of Work
We needed to have the old wood insert removed & have a chase cover installed.

Category chimney caps

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Reviews like this mean the world to us here at Century Chimney Inc. We enjoyed working for you. Gary Spolar Century Chimney Inc

Chimney cleaning, chimney repair, installs caps, screens, new dampers, chimney waterproofing, solves draft & smoke problems, remove animals from chimneys, tuck pointing & exterior chimney masonry work including rebuilding.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express