CENTRAL EXTERMINATING

Founded 1946 • With Angi since February 2002

3202 ST CLAIR AVE

Cleveland, OH 44114

47 EMPLOYEES. OFFERS 24-HR EMERGENCY SERVICE FOR CONTRACT CUSTOMERS ONLY. NO SUBS. TRAVEL CHARGES ARE BUILT INTO RATE QUOTE....

02/18/2016

Matt C.

The contractor was slightly unprofessional and did not seem very knowledgable.

Description of Work
Sprayed downstairs area only since I have a small child.

09/01/2015

Heidi A.

Initial phone contact was courteous and professional. The woman answering the phone could not give me a quote, but gathered my information for a return call from someone who could. That call came promptly, and was also courteous and professional. I ended up going with a different provider, but honestly it was almost a coin flip because the quoted price and the services offered were nearly equivalent. It came down to who had more reviews and a slightly higher proportion of A reviews.

Description of Work
Returned my phone call promptly, provided a quote for rodent control.

06/24/2015

Bruce S.

They were fast and professional and so far no wasps

Description of Work
Got rid of wasps.

06/18/2015

Neal D.

Chris was on time. Very knowledgeable and helpful. I jsut moved in to my home and asked many questions. He was able to five me good information and about preventive services.

Description of Work
Sprayed inside and outside for ants, wasps, ect.

06/03/2015

pamela P.

Called several places and received the greatest customer service from Central Exterminating. Great phone response, clear information from Brian who performed the work. Said what he would do, the cost and the time and delivered.

Description of Work
Whole house spraying, had carpenter bees

03/11/2015

George B.

It was perfect. They solved the problem in one visit. They arrived as promised on the day they promised. The gentleman was very professional and thorough, and very cautionary because I was outside and he said you might wanna kind of duck away a little bit, they might come out a little angry. He was very professional and very thorough. The cost was reasonable. If needed, I certainly will use them again.

Description of Work
It was using some dust outside to rid of some hornets that were nesting under the overhang of the house.

BRANO U.

Their service was excellent. They are very excellent in their competency and relationship. They fixed the problem I was having.

Description of Work
They did interior exterminating.

ARLENE L.

They are going to come back in the spring and spray the whole outside of the house. I have a prepaid certificate and they are supposed to call me and set that up as soon as we get rid of this yucky weather. They were very nice and professional so I wasn't sorry I called them. I liked them and they seemed to know what they were doing. They were knowledgeable. They took the time to explain the situation to us.

Description of Work
They came out because we had a wasp nest and they said there is no point in doing it because they were not going to be back to that nest this coming year.

Tania K.

It was ordered through a title company. They didn't do it for me personally. I am a realtor. We had a house that needed a termite inspection.

Description of Work
Termite inspection for a realty property.

Matthew R.

Very good. Everything was great. On time. Good interactions.

Description of Work
Rodent extermination.

01/26/2015

John C.

Great service came out the same day I called. Took care of the problem. Fast and courteous.

Description of Work
Extermination

04/02/2013

Andrew H.

Tim and his workers came in the morning, set up the equipment, talked with us about the treatment and started to heat the house. After the heating started Tim then left me with his cell number and the workers stayed six hours to complete the job. After about an hour, we also left for cooler places, as we had other things to attend to. The workers locked up the house when they were done and we arrived shortly after they left. When we entered the house, thing were moved from their previous locations, and we had to reorganize the house. Tim told us what to expect, so we were not surprised. Everything was done just as Tim had told us. That was a year ago, and we are very satisfied with the treatment. If we ever have any problems with bedbugs, we would call them again. They have the experience with these type of bugs which are very hard to get rid of. The preferred method to kill these bugs is with heat, and the big apartment buildings in Cleveland Ohio use this method.

Description of Work
I had installed mattress and box spring encasements on my own before they came. ($300.00 USbedbugs) Tim Hughart sent me instructions of how to prepare the house for treatment a few days before they came. We had to vacuum the entire house, as the fans would blow any dust and dirt all around. He answered any questions that we had, and was very courteous, and understanding. In the morning, Tim and his workers brought an electric generator and parked it in my driveway. They ran power cables in through a living room window, sealed it, and connected the fans and heaters. They sprayed near the baseboards before heating. They set temperature monitors all through the house (3 bedroom ranch style - all on one floor). They heated the house to 140 degrees inside everywhere to kill any bugs and eggs. Every half-hour the workers entered the house and moved things around to make sure there were no cold spots. They were there most of the day, we were allowed into the house in the evening, it was still a bit hot, so we opened the windows.

11/29/2012

Melissa G.

Rick and his crew came at 8 am and Rick called me about 3 pm and told me they were done. He said it would still be warm in the house but it was fine to go in. It was simple and painless.

Description of Work
Rick was absolutely the best he came over free of charge to check to see what bugs we had. We found out that we had bed bugs and that we were infested. So, he gave an estimate of $1600.00 and he said that is for the heat treatment. He told us how to try and do it ourselves if we wanted to. He also said we could do spray treatment but that they have to come back for every week and that is not guaranteed to work as infested as we were. He did not push us into getting either one he gave us the estimate on both and let us make our own decision. He came early in the morning and heat treated the house and he said it was guaranteed so when we did see a few alive over the next few days he came back over and put a small machine that simulates a human and traps them and he said if we see live ones after a week we will reheat. We did have a few live ones so we cleaned the house out and they came out to reheat the house again free of charge and we are bed bug free. I appreciate Rick and all he did to help us get ready for such an investment. If I have any more problems I would not hesitate to use Central Exterminating again.

07/07/2011

Ro D.

I asked for an estimate and received a called promptly. the technician and I spoke several times on the telephone attempting to set up a time when it wasn't raining for him to come out. There was quite a bit of rain and the problem seems to have corrected because of the rain and the services were never required. They did make every effort to take care of the problem and will call them again should I have any issues in their area of expertise.

Description of Work
none

06/11/2010

LYNDA K.

The person who came out was very knowledgeable. We have been successful at keeping them out so far. The price is comparable to the company that I used last year. It is expensive. I don't think the rats are going to come back after using this company.

Description of Work
I used Central Exterminating to exterminate rats.

11/14/2007

RALPH W.

Will use them at my next residence and will recommend the new home owner to use their service.

Description of Work
Sprayed for carpenter bees.

03/28/2007

SUSAN S C.

When I called they came out the very next day. The man seemed to know what he was doing. I didn't want to use traps but he said it was the most humane way to get rid of them. He did a thorough inspection of the house including going down to the basement. I received an Angie's List discount. I didn't even mention the discount, he did.

Description of Work
Mice problem.

06/21/2006

RALPH W.

Very good job. They did have to return once for a touch up. But I haven't seen any bees since.

Description of Work
Sprayed for Carpenter bees.

02/06/2006

MARCIE & ROBERT L.

IT IS EXCELLENT. THE TECHNICIAN THAT SERVICED OUR HOME IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THOROUGH. WE HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY INSECTS OR MICE SINCE RECEIVING THIS TREATMENT IN THE SPRING.

Description of Work
THEY PERFORMED AN ANNUAL SERVICE THOROUGHLY TREATING EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR OF OUR HOUSE FOR SPIDERS AND OTHER CRITTERS. WE CAN CALL THEM BACK ALL YEAR IF WE HAVE A PROBLEM FOR NO FURTHER CHARGE.

10/25/2005

PAUL & MARGIE G.

MY ONLY CONTACT WAS OVER THE PHONE. EVERYONE THAT I SPOKE WITH WAS VERY POLITE. THE FIRST TIME, THEY SHOWED UP WITHIN A FEW HOURS OF THE CALL. WHEN I CALLED BACK A FEW DAYS LATER TO SAY THAT THE INSECTS WERE STILL PRESENT, EVERYONE THAT I SPOKE WITH WAS POLITE AND ACCOMMODATING. THAT WAS REPEATED ONCE AGAIN. THEY SENT TECHNICIANS OUT, BUT JUST COULDN'T GET THE JOB DONE. I SENT BACK THEIR INVOICE WITH A NOTE SAYING THAT I DID NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO PAY IT. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM SINCE.

Description of Work
CALLED THE COMPANY TO ELIMINATE INSECTS THAT WERE FLYING IN AND OUT OF A CRACK IN MY EXTERIOR WALL. COMPANY MADE THREE ATTEMPTS TO ELIMINATE THEM, ALL UNSUCCESSFUL. I FINALLY TERMINATED THE ASSIGNMENT.

Category pest control

I RESEARCHED THE CUSTOMER''S SERVICE HISTORY AND THEIR UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE. AS PRESENTED, IT IS FACTUAL. WE APPROACH EVERY NUSIANCE PEST PROBLEM OF EVERY CUSTOMER WITH THE GOAL OF SOLVING THEIR CURRENT PROBLEM. UNFORTUNATELY, THIS SITUATION WAS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO RESOLVE IN A TIMELY MANNER DUE TO THE STRUCTURAL AREA INVOLVED. TO COMPLICATE MATTERS, THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN DID NOT INVOLVE A MANAGER, FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT IN DETERMINING A WORKABLE TREATMENT SOLUTION, AFTER THE THIRD UNSUCCESSFUL TREATMENT AS IS NORMALLY DONE. GENERALLY, INVOLVING A SENIOR SUPERVISOR TO SUPPORT THE TECHNICIAN LEADS TO A SERVICE SOLUTION SIMPLY DUE TO HIS ADDITIONAL SERVICE EXPERIENCE IN EVALUATING THE PROBLEM AND DEVELOPING A DIFFERENT TREATMENT STRATEGY, THAN WAS ALREADY USED, ON SITE. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN AND, UNFORTUNATELY, WE NOW HAVE AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. THEY WERE NOT CHARGED ANY FEES FOR OUR THREE SERVICE CALLS. WE ARE IN OUR 60TH YEAR OF BUSINESS. WE TAKE CUSTOMER SERVICE VERY SERIOUSLY. WE WOULD CERTAINLY HAVE CONTINUED WORKING ON A SOLUTION TO THE THEIR PEST PROBLEM, WITH MANAGEMENT, IF THAT OPTION WOULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE TO US. WE HAVE REVIEWED OUR SUPERVISORY SUPPORT PROCEDURES WITH THE TECHNICIAN INVOLVED TO PREVENT THIS SITUATION FROM REOCCURING IN THE FUTURE. CHARLES KETTLER, G.M.

10/20/2005

DORCAS B.

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE. I THINK THEIR PRICES ARE GOOD.

Description of Work
HE COMES AND EXTERMINATES.

10/18/2005

Linda S.

CAME THE NEXT DAY. THEY DID GOOD WORK. THE WASPS ARE STILL GONE.

Description of Work
TOOK CARE OF PAPER WASPS.

07/15/2005

EDWARD P.

PROMPT AND DID NOT CHARGE ME FOR SERVICE STOP.

Description of Work
CAME OUT, INSPECTED THE AREA, SPRAYED IT AND ADVISED I NEEDED CARPENTRY WORK FOR CARPENTER ANT DAMAGE.

05/30/2005

MICHELLE M.

VERY POLITE, PUNCTUAL, COMPETITIVE IN HIS PRICING. VERY HAPPY WITH HIS PROFESSIONALISM.

Description of Work
CAME AND SPRAYED FOR CARPENTER ANTS.

11/04/2004

KATHY S.

NICE PEOPLE. THE SERVICEMAN WAS PLEASANT & PROFESSIONAL. BUT HE'S AN OLDER GENTLEMAN, AND WAS UNWILLING TO GET UP ON A TALL LADDER AND ACTUALLY REMOVE ALL THE NESTS, WHICH WAS DISAPPOINTING.

Description of Work
BEES.

Category pest control

ONE OF THE STRENGTHS CENTRAL EXTERMINATING HAS IS A VERY SMALL TURN-OVER IN SERVICE STAFF. PEST CONTROL EXPERIENCE, OVER YEARS OF SERVICE, IS CRITICAL TO PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS. KNOWING THE BEST WAY TO TREAT A PEST PROBLEM EFFECTIVELY ONLY COMES WITH DAY-BY-DAY EXPERIENCE. EVERY TREATMENT SITUATION IS DIFFERENT. YEARS OF EXPERIENCE INCREASES A TECHNICIAN''S CHANCES OF SUCCESSFULLY SOLVING A CUSOMER''S PROBLEM THE FIRST TIME ON SITE. UNFORTUNATELY, THIS EXPERIENCE OVER TIME ALSO INVOLVES MORE LIMITATION IN A TECH''S MOBILITY DUE TO AGE. WE DO NOT EXPECT OUR "SENIOR TECHNICIANS " TO CLIMB EXTENSION LADDERS TO REMOVE PAPER BEE NESTS IF THEY HAVE HEIGHT OR PERSONAL SAFETY CONCERNS. HOWEVER, IF THE CUSTOMER LETS OUR OFFICE KNOW THEIR DESIRE TO HAVE THEM REMOVED, WE WILL SEND OUT A SUPERVISOR FOR THAT PURPOSE. WE NEVER WANT A CUSTOMER TO FEEL THAT WE DID NOT RESOLVE ALL OF THEIR EXPECTATIONS. CHARLES KETTLER, G.M.

DBugz Pest Control, LLC

D-BUGZ Pest Control LLC provides safe and effective insect and rodent pest control services. Whether you have mice or rats in your attic or at your business location; bed bugs at home, or bees in the backyard, our certified and trained pest management specialists provide discreet and efficient pest control at reasonable rates. We have over 25 years of pest control service experience and the best customer service. We also provide quality service using the best product for each job to give our customer a peace of mind.

Cleveland Chemical Pest Control Inc

Local family owned. No subs. Additional E-mails - b.kirchner@clevelandchemical.com, jjack12545@aol.com. CCPC Inc Additional DBAs: Cleveland Chemical Pest Control, Glenridge Pest Control, Lake Wildlife Services. Additional phones - (216) 481-9000, (216) 738-1984, (330) 405-3790, (440) 585-0873, (440) 951-2735, (216) 692-2000.

Coon Guy Extermination Service

We are friendly and professional nuisance wildlife and insect control experts offering a reasonable priced service serving several counties in Northeast Ohio. We are committed to the publics safety and follow the latest Covid-19 protocols.

Offers by Coon Guy Extermination Service on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

GENERAL RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL PEST MANAGEMENT SERVICES, EITHER CONTRACT OR NON-CONTRACT. TERMITE CONTROL. PEST BIRD EXCLUSION. RODENT CONTROL (RATS, MICE).

FUMIGATION; VA/FHA REAL ESTATE INSPECTIONS; WILD LIFE REMOVAL.