Callahan Painting & Home Improvements

Founded 1988 • With Angi since August 2002

3595 E 65th St

Cleveland, OH 44105

I started working in the home improvement industry as a teenager with my family. Over the years I've developed and honed my skills in many areas of home improvement. I am knowable in almost all facets of the skilled trades. After working with a few companies I saw the need for a competent, reliable, and honest contractor. Consequentially, I started my on painting business in 1986. Since that time I've expanded into other areas of home improvements. As with any business I've had some ups and downs but have always maintained a positive outlook and commitment to this business. I have always been dedicated to providing the highest quality work at a fair price. Our motto at Callahan Painting & Home Improvements is "Quality Work, Beautiful Results". I will be happy to give you a free estimate for most all of your home improvement needs. So please take the time to find out why I am proud of my company and why you should do business with us. Callahan Painting and Home Improvements has been serving the Cleveland and local suburban areas for over 30 years. We provide quality services with Angie's List as well as volumes of testimonials from satisfied customers! 4-8 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job....

wallpaper removal (284)interior painting (137)house painting (71)drywall (56)handyman (22)pressure washing (19)gutter repair (17)woodworking (14)plastering (13)siding companies (12)electrician (11)roofing (6)

05/06/2021

The job was completed and done well. They worked continuously, cleaned up at the end of each day and the craftmanship was excellent. Jim communicated well regarding job expectations, responded to our calls promptly which is unheard of these days, and had ideas and suggestions regarding the project that we had not considered. We are very pleased with the final results and are already inquiring abou...

Description of Work
We had our bathroom and laundry room remodeled. Services included installation of cabinetry, toilet, doors, new flooring, baseboards, painting, plastering and plumbing and electricity.

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting,plastering,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

03/11/2021

Jim was great! We needed to fix misc. items around the house in order to sell our home. We decided to have Jim do it all, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the results! it was so convenient having to only work with one company. The quality of work was superb. Jim frequently called to ensure we were satisfied with the work. Without hesitation, I would recommend Jim to others.

Description of Work
fix peeling bathroom ceiling, garbage disposal replacement, cracked window repair, ceiling beam removal, porch railing repair, bathroom caulking, leaking bathtub repair

Category drywall,handyman service,plumbing,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

03/03/2021

Completely satisfied. Professional crew framed, wall boarded, painted, finished drop ceiling, did electrical work. Delivered on everything promised. Will call again when we need our home painted next.

Description of Work
Basement refinishing, painting

Category drywall,electrician,lighting,wallpaper removal,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

11/06/2020

Jim and the members of his crew delivered on their promise of a quality paint job. They were thorough, meticulous and cleaned up the room nicely even between days they reported for work. I was very happy with the result. After trying to schedule with two other painters, scheduling with Jim went very smoothly. He keeps his customers entertained as well!

Description of Work
Interior bathroom paint including skimming of wall and other fixes

Category awnings,interior painters

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

10/19/2020

HIGHLY recommend this company! Jim and his crew were very efficient, thorough, clean and knew what they were doing. The porch, painting and gutter screens all came out great! Jim takes pride in his work and was very patient answering many questions. Jim also provided service with a smile and some humor :)

Description of Work
porch replacement & gutter cleaning & gutter screens

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair,deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/08/2020

skim coated, repaired drywall and smoothed out walls in Side entryway, kitchen, front entryway, living room, hallway, bedroom ,four closets and relocated one electrical outlet. Painted all listed.

Description of Work
Jim and his crew saved my house from a disaster inflicted by another contractor! Other contractor took 9 days to really screw my house up, I kicked them out and then luckily I found Jim Callahan. He gave me an estimate, we agreed on a price and 4 days later my house looks great! His workers are very diligent, professional and skilled. Clean up was done during the day while they were working and before they left for the day. Overall my wife and I are very happy! Thank you guys for making our home look and feel like home again! 👍🏼

Category drywall,electrician,interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

09/28/2020

painting 2 rooms with high ceilings

Description of Work
It went very well. Great workers who were very clean and professional.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

09/16/2020

The crew did an excellent job. They corrected small issues from other trades before completing a re-install of approx 780 sf of ceiling drywall. Jim was very prompt at getting back to me on my first call out. He came out and returned with the crew member to clearly define the aspect of the job and cover all bases, so there would be no surprises. Smart! They remained on the job till finished, as pr...

Description of Work
Drywall entire 3rd floor ceiling, built soffit prime for painting after remediation

Category awnings,drywall

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

08/26/2020

We had a tight timeline for exterior paint and minor repairs in order to list our house for sale. Jim and his team stepped up and delivered. He quickly identified and fixed a number of potential sale violations (e.g., carpentry, concrete, downspouts, etc.) and even offered a couple of landscape fixes. He is very responsive and listens to the customers' needs. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting; carpentry repair, general handyman services

Category concrete repair,handyman service,deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/21/2020

Jim's team is great. On time. Always clean. No messes. Painting always looks great. Highly recommend Callahan Painting.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking chimney, repaired damaged ceiling, painted interior

Category chimney repair,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Residential & Commercial Interior & Exterior Painting, Aluminum Siding Refinishing & Repairs, Pressure Washing, Deck Maintenance & Staining, Gutter Cleaning, Replacement & Repair, Replacement Windows,Concrete & Asphalt Driveways & Vinyl Siding.