ARS / Rescue Rooter Cleveland

Founded 1975 • With Angi since February 2002

4.2

4505 Industrial Pkwy Ste B

Cleveland, OH 44135

For fast and exceptional service for all of your plumbing needs, call us now: 216-307-5988 ARS®/Rescue Rooter® provides cooling, heating, and plumbing services with a knowledgeable team of trained specialists who have the professional experience to do any job right—the first time. You can count on

10/25/2021

Michele A.

They were very good, I had a good experience with them.

Description of Work
Drain Clog or Blockage - Clear

Category drain cleaning

09/29/2020

Mark F.

We were without our kitchen sink for a week and when our handyman failed with his snake we called Rescue Rooter. From the contact on the phone to the drain unclogging was about ONE HOUR. Everyone was friendly and professional and after a week without a sink I was in need of that. Kudos to Tracy on the phone and Greg who professionally dealt with the problem and tackled it. Great outfit and worth every penny!!!

Description of Work
Difficult kitchen sink drain blockage.

Category drain cleaning

09/04/2020

Matt M.

Our job was completed in April and was charged $800 for a clean out with roots. They showed us bad roots and quoted a project ok $10k for new pipes. We just had another service come out and explain how much was NOT done in the initial clean out and the actual price of the pipes would be around $4k. Very bad experience.

Description of Work
Main sewer line clean out

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

11/08/2019

Christena H.

I called Rescue Rooter because I believed I was having a problem with pipe(s) leaking in my ceiling. A same-day appointment was scheduled for me, which the plumbing specialist, Larry, showed up at my home on time. Larry professionally greeted me with a smile and proceeded to cover his shoes with booties before entering my house. Larry did a walk-through of my home from the basement to the second floor, carefully examining the walls, ceiling, and listening for sounds of dripping water. Larry determined that a water leak issue was not causing the sound I was hearing. I was very relieved and flabbergasted at the same time. This company sends out a Plumbing specialist with a trainee. They didn't come up with a pricey estimate of things to be done immediately, nor was there a trip charge, which is unheard of. I greatly appreciate the respect, honesty, sincerity, and the professionalism of "ARS Rescue Rooter" Plumbing Service. I'm a 70-year-old senior citizen, and I believe ARS Rescue Rooter" rescued me in every way. Furthermore, I suggest if you want to be "Rescued" from overpriced and unnecessary plumbing repairs, please call "ARS Rescue Rooter." Cris

Description of Work
Plumbing Leak?

08/10/2019

Teresa L F.

After asking for a quotation, I received a phone call within minutes. I was given a 10-2 window; they arrived by 11:00. They listened to my issues and quickly assessed the problem. I received a ten percent discount after they completed the job quickly and professionally. It might seem pricey for the minutes they spent, but when I think of the cost of expert service I count the hours I would have spent in frustration trying to fix it myself. WIth that in mind, it was a bargain.

Description of Work
Replace and install all parts of a toilet

Category plumbing

Your positive comments are really appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your business means a lot to us. Again, thank you for being an ARS / Rescue Rooter Cleveland customer.

06/13/2019

Jacqueline A.

Very well. Fast, efficient, successful.

Description of Work
Sewer drain unclogged.

07/08/2017

Nikki Z.

Horribly. Contractor technician had to go thru finished basement toilet to jet blockage. There was no other clean out at time of visit. 2 technician crew came in and removed toilet in basement. They ran jet hose from front of house through garage and thru back door down basement stairs across finished basement into bathroom. They discussed they needed to have one guy start jet then yell to other to shut off if needed. I offered to wait at top of steps and yell shut off when needed. They started jetting and person operating jet yelled to me to turn off and I yelled to person operating controls at front of garage to turn it off. We did this several times. I came down in basement and found sewer water had backed from bathroom into half of finished basement. Contents of finished basement and carpet etc, was sewer water contaminated. Technician said he could not free up blockage and would call for small jet to try again. They left and then came back and supervisor also showed up. They ran new smaller jet and freed up blockage. They then sent camera into sanitary line and showed me damage to pipe and gave me estimate for repairs of $5000. and $7000. to correct. They suggested I call insurance company to file claim and all damage woud be covered. They also gave me name of clean up company that could come out to clean, They caused most of damage as there was only damage in bathroom and a foot or so of carpet before they came here. They walked with sewer coated shoes over carpet and excess jetting sewer water that leaked back into basement damaged carpeting. They told me that this was normal when having to jet out basmenet and insurnace will cover. Insurance did cover and blockage was removed. I received 2nd opinion from another contractor and they told me estimate work not needed and in fact there is a cleanout that was buried outside the house. Medina County engineers came out to check their part of line . They told me you never jet from inside a house especially when you have a finished basement. There shoukd have been some precautions taken to prevent jetting from backing sanitary sewer water back into house. I would never use this contractor again.

Description of Work
Need blocked sanitary sewer jetted to unclog blockage

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

07/01/2017

Clive S.

Plumber, Chris, arrived within scheduled window. He was polite and thorough, evaluating whether there were internal leaks, sump pump function and any back flow. He then viewed the outside wall and noted some defects, indicating that this was a waterproofing problem, not a plumbing problem. He did not feel that cleaning of the sewer drain was required.

Description of Work
Evaluation of flooding in basement.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

03/17/2017

Tom D.

Basically it was a water heater. I would definitely use them in the future. They did leave the area clean when they were finished working.

Description of Work
They did water heater service.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

11/29/2016

Mark L.

I was shocked at the final price. They charged me an extra $700 on top of the deal I purchased through Angie's List.

Description of Work
He fixed a leaking pipe for me.

09/24/2016

SUMIT S.

Home Depot or Lowes sells garbage disposal for $70 up and offers installation for $99. So when I got this $99 plumber deal ( for $200 service - including installation of garbage disposal ) from Angies List I thought it was a good offer. Before buying the coupon I called the plumber and talked about this service for which I am buying the coupon. I made it very clear they understood what it was for. I also ensured a technicial can come on Saturday 9/24/16 which is the only day I am home. On Saturday 9/24/16 Technician Bob came up and to my surprise, wrote up en estimate of $295 to replace the garbage disposal. The change a regular faucet - another $95. And when I asked how long it takes to replace a garbage disposal ? He says about 20 minutes. According to him he was not told that this was a pre-paid service. So he wrote up an estimate on the spot. Clearly the company and/or their employers are cheats and pathological lairs .

Description of Work
I needed to repair or replace my garbage disposal. I also wanted to replace a faucet - as I was sure that within 2 hours both can do both. Attached is my coupon which said that garbage disposal service is included in this coupon for $99. Also attached is their estimate for $419.66 plus tax !!!!! NEVER EVER EVER CALL THESE CHEATERS FOR SERVICE !!!!

09/11/2016

Jason O.

Went great! ARS was running late and they were very diligent about calling us and keeping us in the loop. Nate saw the job we wanted done and it cost us an add'l $75 in parts, which was less than we expected. Took him exactly 2 hours (including drive time to the store) to complete the job.

Description of Work
Shut-off Valve replacement for pipe

08/30/2016

Diana P.

The service guy was very nice and qualified. The job got done in a timely matter. My only problem was I paid $ 99.00 for 2 hrs of service and I still ended up pay $ 129.00 , so I wasn't crazy about that part. But my problemschedule are fixed. And I am happy about that.

Description of Work
Replace shower fixture and fix a small leak

08/22/2016

MITTIE J.

The two guys who came out were cordial but unable to resolve the problem. They offered to return the next day to try again and/or replace the toilet for additional dollars. I opted to replace the toilet at a lower cost.

Description of Work
Toilet would not flush. Apparently something was stuck in the toilet.

08/03/2016

george G.

$95.00 Dollars added on with discount and i had all the the parts. Got screwed for a half hour of work

Description of Work
Shower single faucet

06/17/2016

Raul G.

ARS was on time and professional..He did his job as best as possible..He showed what needed to be done and completed his task quickly..well done

Description of Work
replaced the outside faucet and pipe

06/10/2016

Jacqueline S.

We had a bumpy start when the first repairman came over but our issues were resolved quickly.They fixed my mother's shower head and faucet and got the sink working. My mom was very happy.

Description of Work
I purchased the $99 dollar deal to fix my mother's tub,toilet and sink and her basement toilet.

04/07/2016

James W.

Great job. Guys cleaned up. Discussed with me some good ideas for the future.

Description of Work
Re-routed my primary water line and converted from copper to PEX

Category plumbing, water softeners

04/03/2016

Olga K.

I called to schedule the "deal" I purchased, $89 for unclogging one drain. I purchased this deal in December however did not call for service until now. The day before the service, I purchased a second deal from this same vendor that was $50 for $100.00 of plumbing repairs. The person I spoke with to schedule the services was pleasant and helpful. She found my two deals on her computer, i.e. Angie's List purchases detailing services and dollar amounts. I set the appointment up for Wednesday of the following week. On Wednesday, the company called me to let me know the plumber would be arriving in about an hour. I stressed I should be called when he's on the way as I have large dogs. I believe it was during this same call the woman from ARS stated she needed the receipt and details for the service I purchased from Angie's List for the drain unclogging. She also stated she had never heard of the $50 for $99 deal and would need info on that. The plumber showed up without calling to say he was on the way. I put the dogs away then I had to discuss with the plumber what the deals were. I ultimately went and printed my deals with dates and order numbers, etc. and gave the paper work to the guy. In any case, he started to look at my kitchen sink. In minutes he determined my garbage disposal was old, not properly functioning and recommended it be replaced. I asked what the charges were for him to supply and install a new garbage disposal. The answer was $400!!! I asked what the charge would be if I supplied the garbage disposal (you can get a decent disposal for $100 at Home Depot) and remember there is an existing disposal with electricity, plumbing, and dishwasher hook up. The answer was ARS would charge $260 for installation. Ultimately, I had him switch a 9" pipe out that he said was cut a tad short and contributed to leaking under the sink. The cost for that service was $49.75. He left the old pipe under my sink for me clean up. He unclogged my bathtub, that works fine now. Now the problems began. ARS needed to understand what deal I had for the drain unclogging. I printed the deal but they needed to see a receipt. The plumber was on the phone with his office and they needed proof for what I was claiming. He went out to his truck and stayed there for ten minutes or more a few times. Where was the nice woman with my deals on her computer that I first spoke to when scheduling the appointment? He wrote up the paperwork and charged me three different prices that I had to argue for each time. My pink copy of the bill has three totals on it; two were crossed out. I believe the first price was approximately high $300's. Then he took $235.00 for the drain unclogging minus $89.00. Then, with effort, he relented and crossed out things and finally charged me $89 for the drain unclogging and applied my payment from December. He charged me $29.50 FOR TRUCK OPERATING SUPPLIES. What? I told him no one ever mentioned this fee at any time in the deal details or when I called to schedule the appointment. I asked him to use the $50 for $99 of service coupon for the $29.50 fee and the $49.75 charge for the pipe switch. He refused. He told me I could not use the coupon. He was adamant I could not use the deal. BTW, at this point, I am exhausted by this whole experience. At one point when he finally agreed to use $89 for the drain unclogging charge, I said to him, "You act as though you are doing me a favor". He looked at me and said "I am" and smirked. In my opinion, and as I understand the advertising, the whole point of using Angie's List is to avoid this exact type of experience. I could not wait to get him out of my house. He was a competent plumber but an awful person to deal with.

Description of Work
Unclogged tub drain and switched out a 9" pipe under my kitchen sink.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Ms. [Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience and we would like to discuss your specific situation further. One of our team members will be reaching out to you if we have your information on file, or you may call 216-749-4600. If you prefer, you may call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879.

03/01/2016

KATHERINE C.

The plumber came and told me I had to get rid of this concrete tub. I assumed he was the expert and followed his advice. He did say that I could save money by purchasing the material on my own. So, I went to get a new tub but then never came back to pick up the concrete tub. He said originally he would come back to pick up the concrete tub. He said he had to come back with another guy to remove it but then never came. I now found out that I really didn't need to get the tub replaced to begin with.

Description of Work
Fix my kitchen drain, replace facets, and help with slow drain in basement.

02/25/2016

Sheila F.

I paid $99 for $200 worth of plumbing. They normally charge $266 for replacing a bathroom sink faucet. So, after the Angie's List coupon, I paid $66. I had not compared how much it would've cost with another plumber. After I bought the Angie coupon, I waited to get a phone call, like I have with other Angie service providers. They had emailed me to contact them, so that's why I gave them a low grade for responsiveness. A phone call seems like a more thoughtful customer service. I had bought a new Kohler faucet. He removed the old one and installed the new one. He did a very fine job.

Description of Work
Replace bathroom sink faucet.

02/11/2016

Shelley K.

Bobby, John and Joe did a great job of replacing my power vented hot water heater. They were quick and efficient, as well as very professional. Everything was explained to me in terms that I could understand. They answered all of my questions patiently. They put booties on when coming into my home, as it was snowing outside. They also used a dry dolly to bring in the new water heater and take out the old. These steps definitely cut down on any kind of mess coming into the house. When they were finished, they cleaned the area where the work was performed. Their respect for my home was much appreciated. I would not hesitate to hire them again for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced a power vent hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

02/04/2016

karen P.

I saw great reviews on this company, but for me the experience was not favorable. Price is one of the main reasons folks are drawn to use coupons, to get a good/fair deal. I have lived in my home for over 20 years and have done a great deal of remodeling and repairing myself. I now have back issues which limit what I can do and crawling under the toilet to repair a toilet would be one of them. I have replaced toilet valves in the past so I know what it entails. I was very shocked when the repairman looked in his pricing book and quoted me $165.00 for a toilet fill valve, but with the holidays just days away I was in a place where I had to agree to have him perform the work as I had guests arriving soon. He had to leave to get a valve, which I thought was unusual because would not a professional plumber have a few "universal" valves" in his truck? Anyway the repairman was on time, was responsive, punctual and fairly professional, but the price was not his doing, but whom he works for. Anyway with my coupon of $50.00 to get a $100.00 worth of plumbing repairs, I am embarrassed to say my bill was $95.34 then add on my $50.00 coupon total cost $145.34. Oh by the way the exact same $165.00 valve can be purchased at Home Depot for $6.34! This is the single WORST deal I have ever purchased on Angie's List!

Description of Work
Install a fill valve in one toilet

01/08/2016

Rosemary S.

It went very well. The drain was clogged quickly and the bathroom looked exactly as it did before he arrived. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Cleaned out a clogged bathroom drain

01/04/2016

Tedd C.

On site for approx 45 minutes to snake drain for a sink in the guest bathroom. Cleaned up well after work, no complaints as the work was completed. Inquired about also cleaning a slow draining tub, but responded that our coupon was good for only one cleaning. Got the job done, but could have offered a added charge for remediating the problem with the tub.

Description of Work
Cleaned drain in a half bath lavatory.