Allstar Discount Muffler

Cleveland, OH 44135

Allstar Discount Muffler...

07/18/2017

Robert S.

Could only be happier with this place if they did my work for free. Well as a matter of fact they have done free work for me, Dropped off a car there because of the brakes being noisy and the pedal being low thinking I needed new brakes, no sooner did I get home and got a call from them figuring this has got to be bad considering they gave me various prices for pads only to the works and I told them fine just do it. Well it was them calling to tell me that my car was ready for pick up?? Totally impossible I say I just dropped it off and was told it just needed a cleaning and adjustment and there was NO CHARGE!!! They could of easily waited a few hours and charged me hundreds. Honest and cheap premium quality work that they stand by!

Description of Work
Have be going to them for well over 15 years for mufflers and any exhausts and braking needs on my cars. Doubt you can beat their prices and quality. This is the place dealers use . Save your receipt for the warranty work!!! But they stand behind their work and guarantees as long as you have the receipt. This place's waiting area is far from hip and trendy. So don't expect pastries and cappuccinos, and could use a makeover so if that's what you want go have your dealership fix at 3x's the price. But know that pretty lil waiting area and foo foo coffee and danish is costing you hundreds of dollars.

03/07/2016

Glenn L.

I got several quotes on new front struts for my 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan. Talk about sticker shock, dealers wanted $900 - $1100! Part of the price is the labor involved with putting together a separate spring + strut + strut mount. All Star uses preassembled "Quick-struts" which I'm told save about 90 minutes of labor! They were OEM quality, too, not a mysterious off brand. Bottom line, I spent $600 instead of $1000 and the van handles like a charm! Highly recommend All-Star!

Description of Work
Replaced front struts and strut mounts on 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan.

11/09/2015

Milan J.

Fast and courteous. Many employees work on one car.

Description of Work
Replaced catalytic converter

02/11/2015

Cathy F.

Description of Work
Long wait times because theyre usually really busy but they do a good job for the price.

07/14/2014

Christine T.

Description of Work
Replaced catalytic converter. Went perfect. I was quoted 100's dollars more @ 3 different places.

06/25/2014

Michael T.

Went to the garage at 9 am (the time they opened) and there was already a line waiting and all their bays were full. I believe they have six). Didn't have time to wait so left. Called them and asked when was the least busiest time. The person answering the phone chuckled and said when we are closed. Then he said that usually Wednesdays and after 2 pm. I took a chance and went back at 2pm that day (Tuesday). There was only one person in the waiting room but all the bays were full. Went in and was told I would be next as soon as a bay was empty. Sat on the hard bench in the waiting room and listened to the chatter as their reading material was limited and tended toward motorheads. The persons answering the phones seemed extremely knowledgeable and took time with every phone call that came in. If the person answering the phone didn't know the answer to the specific car in question, they called one of the service techs to answer it. My car was called after about 15 minutes and they raised it. I was called in and shown each of the problems they found and given a price to repair them. Ok'ed the price and 30 minutes later I was on my way. While waiting, I took the time to read some of the notes and letters on the board and most were notes by customers giving quotes form other muffler places and AllStar's prices. You have to read them to believe the difference! Also, they give me a two year warranty on the items they installed and I was surprised to see it included labor. The last muffler shop I went to to replace a muffler they had installed charged me more under their warranty for the replacement than it cost originally due to parts and labor charges. While I was in the waiting room, a customer came in because his check engine light had come on and AllStar had replaced apparently one of two mufflers on his vehicle. They took the time to read the code for the engine light and explained to him that it indicated a fuel line problem and not an exhaust system problem. They suggested he take it to his garage and have them perform a smoke test on the fuel line to find the possible leak. No Charge

Description of Work
Installed a flex pipe, re-welded my tailpipe and resealed my headpipe

11/19/2013

Fred M.

well they were available and showed the vehicle on the rack. Obvious muffler needed and the second muffler was news but the rate and guarantee so good I had to have them install it

Description of Work
install two mufflers tail pipe

Category muffler repair

Thank you so much for the rave review! We appreciate the time you took to post it and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

01/14/2013

David M.

This is my second experience Allstar. They don't take appointments. You walk in, describe your problem and wait your turn. They lift your car up, diagnosis the problem, then call you into the garage. You walk under the car with them. They point at the damaged parts and explain exactly what is wrong and how they plan to fix it. It is a wonderfully transparent process from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Installed a new flex pipe in my 2001 Toyota Camry.

06/21/2012

FRANK J.

I had taken my car into another company, and they told me it needed a whole new exhaust system that would cost me $1200.00. I took it to Allstar, and they told me it didn't need a new exhaust. It only needed a down tube. At 9:45 they told me what I needed, and they had it done by 10:00. They were very honest. It's worth the drive wherever you are. I didn't need an appointment. They have six workers.

Description of Work
Allstar Discount Muffler put a flexible down tube on my car.

02/27/2012

FRANK J.

My friend went there. I was extremely impressed by the results. My friend was told by Highway Repair that she needed the entire exhaust system to be replaced on her vehicle. I told her my family has been going to Allstar Discount Muffler for years and she should take it there. They put it up on the rack and determined she only needed to replace the flexible down tube going into the catalytic convertor. It only cost her $93.46. If she would have replaced the entire exhaust system, it would have cost her $1.200 to $1.400. We expected to spend a whole day there and we only stayed about 35 minutes. They were fast and courteous, and I can't praise them highly enough. I don't drive anymore, but, my whole family uses them. They get all A's. I tell everybody I can about them.

Description of Work
My friend took her car there and they replaced the flexible down tube going to the catalytic convertor.

Category auto repair

DETROIT AUTO CLINIC LLC

Detroit Auto Clinic, LLC. is Cleveland's one stop auto service shop for all your foreign or domestic auto repair needs. We are dedicated to provide our customers with the highest quality repairs. Our experienced Mechanics are trained to diagnosis and ready to perform all the repairs and maintenance necessary to keep your vehicle running right.

Stoney Creek Automotive

We are a family business who believes in old-fashioned customer service using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities led by an ASE Master Technician. All work is fully insured and includes the Federated Nationwide Warranty at no extra cost. This is a 12-month/12,000 mile parts and labor warranty.

Auto Mufflers
    Auto Service

Mufflers & Exhaust Systems,Auto Repair & Service,Brake Repair,Mufflers & Exhaust Systems,Shock Absorbers & Struts