ALL-TERIOR CONSTRUCTION

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2007

4150 LAMBERT RD

Cleveland, OH 44121

OWNER OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. MAY CONTACT BY EMAIL.

07/28/2011

Nicole C.

When Todd first met us, we really really liked him. He was very sharp and had a great eye for detail and design. He came across as very capable of doing the work. He met with us a couple of times to go over the quotes and figure out how to adjust them and accommodate the structural changes we needed to make (shoring up things in the basement). In fact, it was Todd who noticed a few of the problems in the basement that set us on the course of splitting the remodel into two phases. Out of the three quotes we got, Todd's was the lowest but I was never quite able to tell if it truly accounted for everything. Nevertheless, it was reasonable. As we tried to deal with how much the structural work would be, he said he'd just charge us labor & material and that he didn't think it would take more than a day or two to complete. Todd was definitely in our list of who to hire for the first phase. My husband and I had a tough time making the decision and it got down to us both making pro/con lists for the two contractors. Even after we did the pro/con list Todd and the other company were even. Knowing we had to go based on something, we ended up choosing the other company because we felt they had a bit more experience dealing with the structural stuff. I honestly felt awful calling Todd and telling him we'd chosen someone else, we really liked him. We started trying to get our second phase moving at the start of the new year and my husband and I agreed that we weren't going to call anyone else but Todd - we really felt strongly that he had an eye for the design part (on a side note, Todd has a custom tree-house company and the designs were really cool and artsy) and would do the best finishing work. So we called him, he came over and we went through the requirements for the next phase and he said he'd get us a quote. Well he never got back to us. My husband and I were shocked - for the most part all Todd had to do was get us some numbers and we were ready to sign up with him. I called and emailed Todd. At first, I did get some responses that he was still working on the quote and then it was just nothing - no communication at all. After the last time I called and emailed and got no response, we called the contractor that did the first phase. Overall, I liked Todd but I guess you can't make decisions based on who you like but I will say I'd probably give him another chance for another project. We're just bummed he never called back - it would just be common courtesy to call even to say he didn't want the job versus us wondering if he fell off the planet.

Description of Work
We got a quote to do a kitchen remodel. When we ended up splitting the remodel into two phases, we contacted Todd for a quote on the second phase too. The first quote was for the entire remodel but when we found we had structural issues that had to be addressed the quote was adjusted to what we would do in the first phase - removing a wall, removing a door, replacing windows, moving electrical, and the structural work. The second phase quote was for new cabinets, lighting, back-splash, sink, counters, move electrical panel, 1/2 bath sink and lighting, tear out kitchen ceiling and blend it into dining room ceiling, install door on side entry pantry.

08/08/2010

Charles R.

First, the cost above includes labor and materials (such as drywall), but does not include ceramic tiles, countertops, and fixtures such as lighting and faucets. These can vary considerably by taste, so I left it out of the price. For us, these additional items came to about $4500. We interviewed several contractors in April and May, 2010. All-Terior's price fell in the mid-range (but at the lower end of the mid-range). Nevertheless, we felt very comfortable with the contractor Todd Hankins, who has an excellent eye for design and made numerous suggestions that we hadn't considered. Todd estimated a four week job to update the central bathroom and completely gut and rebuild the master bath. The job ended up taking about six weeks, largely because of delays in obtaining some of the fixtures. For the central bathroom, he removed the wallpaper and refinished and painted the upper half of the walls above the 1950-ish wall tiles. He also repainted the ceiling. He ripped out the floor tile and replaced it, replaced the toilet, and installed new countertops and sink. The bathtub was refinished by a separate company. Instead of looking like a a tired bathroom from the mid-20th century, the finished product, based on black & white tiles and fixtures, plus the remaining aquamarine wall tile, has a retro/funky look. The small master bathroom was a much bigger job. He gutted the bathroom entirely (down to the studs), replaced and painted the walls and ceiling. Todd ripped out the shower floor and replaced it with a new shower pan, moving the drain from one corner to the center area. He installed new plumbing in the shower, including an 8" rainhead that comes down from the ceiling. (The rainhead is GREAT!). He retiled the large shower area (3-1/2 x 5-1/2 feet), including walls, floor, and ceiling. Todd retiled the floor in the rest of the bathroom, installed new lighting, a new vanity and sink, toilet, and a new medicine cabinet. Todd installed a new exhaust fan, and rerouted the exhaust line so that it vents to the outside of the house, rather than to the attic, where it had been before. I also asked him to reroute wire for a telephone in the bathroom, which he did. Overall, Todd was very responsive, courteous, and honest. He did a great job coordinating the various aspects of the project (demolition, wall construction, tiling, plumbing, electrical, painting). He left the bathroom and house clean. The only problem was that one of his subcontractors built the shower floor a bit too level, and the water does not drain completely after a shower. Todd readily acknowledged the problem, and will return in another month to fix this issue by removing some of the tiles around the drain and grinding that section of the floor to a steeper slope.

Description of Work
Update one bathroom, and completely gut and rebuild the master bathroom

05/24/2010

JESSICA B.

I spoke to Todd in 2009, and we put down some designs and he came up with a price quote. He was gracious enough to wait a year for me to save up my pennies to get it all built in 2010. The All-Terior crew came every day for three weeks, working in the heat and the cold, the rain and the sun. Todd made sure there were proper permits and inspections all during the project. Once the framing was done, I was given options for how I wanted the railings, windscreen and benches to be built. Their expert carpentry skills allowed me to do almost anything I wanted. I was blown away by the little details they came up with. The benches they built are beautiful. Before it was finished I was already getting compliments from neighbors on how stunning the deck looked! Not only is the deck beautiful, but their knowledge of proper building practices makes me confident that the deck will last a long time. The decking and the railings are solid. They also did a fantastic job getting the 6' sliding door installed. The lighting was subbed out to Coach Electric, and Dave did a fantastic job with that. Not only do I finally have a flood light in my back yard (with a dimmer!) but Todd and Dave came up with great "mood lighting" for the railings. I couldn't be happier with my deck from All-Terior. I HIGHLY recommend this company for any sort of carpentry. The pictures I'm including are worth four thousand more words - take a look!

Description of Work
I hired Todd to design and build a deck for the back of my house. We came up with a 20'x14' deck with two sets of stairs, custom wooden benches and a lattice windscreen. Also included in the project was the addition of a 6' sliding door where a 5' window was, lighting for the deck and re-locating both my dryer vent and hose bib.

Category decks, woodworking, doors

04/15/2010

Nathan P.

I made an appointment w/ Todd to come out for an estimate for remodeling our master bath. The morning of the appointment, 30 minutes before he was to arrive, Todd called to reschedule. Once Todd arrived for the rescheduled appointment, he seemed like a good candidate (despite the earlier annoyance of cancelling an appointment 30 min beforehand). He had lots of ideas and was very thorough in checking out every aspect of our situation to see what the job would entail. As he left, he said he would have an estimate to us in about a week. I was excited at the prospect of hiring him for the job. Weeks went by and we did not receive an estimate from Todd. I gave him a call and learned that he completely forgot about us. He informed us that he was sorry, but he was too busy to do the work and did not even do an estimate. He did recommend another guy for us to contact. I was extremely irked because we had been waiting on his estimate before choosing which company to go with for the remodeling. This held up our remodeling project for weeks. While Todd seems like a nice guy and very good at what he does, he does not seem to think other people's time and schedules are just as important as his. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Did not provide services.

03/09/2010

Matt L.

The project went according to planned with no major problems. Todd and his crew are professionals with many years of combined experience. They were very accommodating to changes that were requested mid-project and provided options on how to complete the work. I am very detail oriented, and they were very accommodating and worked hard to get things right. For the price, you will not find anyone better. I would recommend Todd and his crew to anyone who wants a thorough and precise job done right the first time, for a fair price. If I need work done in the future, I will be calling on All-terior again!

Description of Work
Full remodel of kitchen (floors to ceiling including new and upgraded plumbing and electrical), addition of a half bath in the old kitchen breakfast nook (new plumbing and electrical), full remodel of the master bathroom (floors to ceiling including new and upgraded plumbing and electrical); opening up a stairwell and adding a new stair treads and rail, electrical panel upgrade, updated electrical to garage, and miscellaneous electrical work (new outlets, switches, installation of lighting fixtures, etc.). The cost of work listed ($50,000) included all materials and labor.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/28/2010

Richard B.

We selected Todd because he was willing to work with us. As homeowner, we wanted to do the demolition, new electrical, plumbing, and bought the cabinets ourselves, but wanted someone who could handle the rest. It took a number of weeks to complet because he had to coordinate with the arrival of cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc. but we are so PLEASED with the results. We highly recommend Todd for such a job.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, including rough carpentry, drywall, finshed carpentry, installed swanstone shower, hung cabinets, built a beautaful wooden-tile framed mirror to match cabinets, coordinated with tile installer, finished painting, plus additional plaster repair.

Category contractors, drywall, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

12/21/2009

Su-Jean L.

Todd impressed me a lot from the very first time we met. He gave a lot of great suggestions and I felt like he was being honest and straightforward. He stopped by several times to give us booklets to work from to help us plan out our ideal shower. We worked on the numbers and came out with a price that seemed very reasonable given the materials and effort involved. Putting in a new custom shower was certainly not a trivial task. After tearing out the old shower he discovered three carpenter ants nests in the walls as well as moisture on the north and east exterior walls. To resolve the problems he went out and bought ant killer and wiped out the ants sufficiently enough that when I had someone from Orkin to come out they gave the house a clean bill of health. He also put a ladder up and repaired the flashing on our siding to ensure that no more moisture would get into the walls. These little extra's going a long way and made would could have been major headaches into small problems. There was an additional cost for the siding but nothing major and I can confirm that I visually saw a fair amount of moisure in the walls and insulation. The workmanship is excellent. It's a 4 foot shower with Swanstone walls and sliding glass doors. Todd and crew even installed a new wall and moved the shower head to new locations as well as the drain and overhead light. The damaged ceiling in the bedroom was repaired and no damage is detectable. Other contractors I contacted gave much higher estimates for the same work. Not only would I use Todd and All-Teriour Construction again but I plan on using him to put in tile in the bathroom.

Description of Work
We had an old shower removed and replaced with a new custom built shower. Also, leaking from the shower had caused damage to the ceiling in the bedroom below the bathroom.

12/09/2009

Jennifer M.

Todd and crew were very pleasant and honest to deal with Todd's ideas to maximize the space and stay within building code were commendable; he clearly loves what he does and makes sure his projects are done well The project had delays due to the internet company where I ordered the plumbing fixtures but they worked with the situation Our bathroom is not only functional but beautiful!!!

Description of Work
gut and build new upstairs bathroom - complete redo converted from half bath to full bath new plumbing and electrical installed vent fans and fixtures new flooring paint and finish bath built in cabinets

Category woodworking, home remodeling

11/07/2009

Matthew B.

Todd gave an estimate, was quick to schedule. Came by and performed most of the work on Saturday.Another appointment was scheduled Todd came over and left his bill. Some of the work wasnt done . The shower rod wasnt secured. The bath tub wasnt spackled, the window wasnt caulked. A 3rd visit was scheduled, and Todd Completed the work.I wasnt willing to pay for the job until it was done. The overall quality of the work was very good, and the scheduling was fast. I wish it was all done in one appointment. 3 appointments was too much. Our work was small tasks.I was unhappy to be asked for payment until the work was done in full. I refused payment until the job was done. My wife and I felt the job was overpriced by at least 100 dollars for what was done. The tasks were well within the capeabilty of the craftsman,but problems like a non functional outlet wasnt corrected immediatly. Some tasks were overlooked like caulking the bathtub, and sealing the window. Overall it was good work, but a 3 appointment process. The finishing of the job to an excellent standard should have been a higher priority.

Description of Work
Weatherseal windows, replace electrical outlets,secure shower rod,caulk, spackle,and paint. Replace door casing,

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

The contracted work for this member was performed in a timely manner of 2 days. The original contract was sealing/rebuilding windows, repairing shower rod, repairing light, replace threshold. The contract extended to additional work such as replacing electrical outlets, which were a fire hazard, caulking base of tub, repairing and skim coating walls, painting and replacing door casing. Needless to say that process did take 3 days due to non-payment of original contract, which was completed on day 2 with the exception of looking over 1 window. I had to go back for a third time to finish additional work to get a check. I did complete additional work at no charge. When work was complete, he had said, "Awesome job mate", so yes, I am a bit puzzled at the rating he had given me.

10/17/2009

Maureen H.

Took only a few hours, looks great.

Description of Work
Built, installed, and painted two 5-ft shelves in my kitchen.

09/10/2009

Teresa H.

He and his partner were quiet and methodical. They worked quickly and methodically, and were considerate to us. The work was done well.

Description of Work
He built a wall and and put in a door and wood trim.

Category drywall, woodworking

05/27/2009

Jeffrey V.

I called and left a message, Todd called back, he came out a few days later for the estimate, we called back to accept the estimate, and he came a little over a week later to complete the job.

Description of Work
Todd was careful and did quality work in a relatively short time period. We're pleased with the price and the work.

05/02/2009

Matthew B.

Todd did such an excellent job, he is now in our cell phone for other work., I wish he did mechanical work as my car needs some things done to it.

Description of Work
Todd was hired to replace beveled edge cedar siding on our home. Some problems with the previous instal were very evident. ( by myself) I was very pleased with the price of 350 because the competing price from house doctor was 900 for the same work. The job was done well and in quick time. The materials were top quality, no shortcuts, Afterwards the site was cleaned immaculate.

Category handyman service

04/22/2009

Rick H.

I had received three quotes to have the doors replaced as mentioned above. Todd's quote was the lowest. Although I rarely select the lowest contractor, I knew all three contractors had the same list of doors...so I hired him to do this job. I wasn't around the house the day he did the work but my wife was. She said that he was very efficient in the use of his time and very courteous. Additionally, I was very pleased with the quality of his work. I did call him soon after he completed the job and asked if he could make one of the doors (laundry room to garage) close automatically. He stopped by the next day, replaced a hinge, adjusted it, and the door began to close automatically as I requested. He spent less than 30 minutes to complete that job and his charge for that was very minimal. I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Todd and one of his assistants replaced 3 exterior door and 2 screen doors at my house. He had to purchase everything (I did research the doors I needed and gave the list to him), remove the existing doors and replace them.

04/21/2009

Robert B.

I was very pleased with the work that was done during the bathroom remodel. All of the work was done was very high quality. The work was done in a very timely manner and they were very understanding that I would need to use the bathroom at the end of the day as it was my only bathroom. Todd and his team were very friendly, personable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
All-Terior Construction did a complete bathroom remodel for me. They put up new drywall on two of the walls, installed a new tub surround, placed down porcelain floor, installed a new toilet, painted all of the walls. They also put up all of the towel bars, tp holder, etc. I had a new light installed as well as a new fan put in.

03/31/2009

David G.

It was very easy to work with Todd and his team. Todd provides a complete estimate and a sufficient number of options of materials, so as not to overwhelm you. He provides updates on progress (for example when materials have arrived, what work has been completed daily and what will be completed the following day). He arrives when he says he will arrive and is involved hands-on in the project from start to finish. We felt very comfortable with him and his crew around the house for the two weeks they were here. The work he did was very well done. The bathroom remodel and the new shower are beautiful, they are both working great.

Description of Work
Remodeled one bathroom and installed a new shower in another bathroom.

01/15/2009

Maureen H.

I could not be happier. I got a lot for my money. The group worked quickly, professionally, and without much disruption to my routine. Their suggestions were great. Everything came out better than I had ever imagined. Todd even cut molding to match the original. The results are practical and stunning.

Description of Work
To remodel the kitchen and add a pantry in my 1925 home. Prep work included gutting the pantry area and repairing extensive leak damage. Todd built 3 new cabinets and countertops, as well as open shelving. They replaced the sink and faucet, and installed a dishwasher and garbage disposal. All needed lighting, wiring, plumbing, drywall, plaster repair, and painting were included.

01/06/2009

David G.

They came out right away and on time. They are still working on the quote.

Description of Work
I am getting an estimate from them.

11/30/2008

SUSAN M.

Todd did a great job for us. We were desperate for a carpenter when we had to get some flooring laid. We did not know until the flooring people arrived that they couldn't replace the sub-flooring that needed to put in before the floor was laid. Todd was able to come out the next day and fix the problem. He came back 3 days later to do the other odd jobs that we needed done. We were very pleased with his work and will use him in the future.

Description of Work
Todd replaced some sub-flooring, hung towel bars and toilet paper holder, and did several other miscellaneous things we needed done in the house.

Category contractors

11/29/2008

Sandra S.

I called because I thought we needed just a touch-up of paint peeling above the tub. Another company said we needed to install a fan, which would have been much more expensive, but Todd assured us that the paint was peeling because there was no primer to hold the paint. We also discovered more peeling on other walls, so they scraped all the surfaces, primed everything, and painted the whole bathroom. I was also impressed that Todd pointed out that by replacing our old shower rod, face plates, and light fixture, the room would look much better overall. He bought these for us and installed them, and it's true, the bathroom looks beautiful, and the price was less than I would have expected. They worked efficiently and cleaned up every evening. They were friendly and accommodating, suggesting improvements and staying within the price limits I had set. It really seemed that they were as interested in making our bathroom look beautiful as we were.

Description of Work
Todd and his assistant scraped all the bathroom walls, primed and painted them, and replaced an old light fixture, face plates, and shower rod.

Category lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

11/24/2008

David A.

Todd was professional and did a tremendous job.

Description of Work
We installed a new sliding glass door and needed help finishing up the job. Services: Outside: Replaced vinyl siding on house and installed new light. Extended our existing deck to accommodate for the new sliding glass door. Also finished off stairs on another part of the deck. Inside: Moved heating duct, Added wiring for new exterior light, replaced drywall and installed custom moldings.

Category decks, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, siding, woodworking

11/01/2008

Rick S.

He does very good work. He is very customer oriented and listens to what the customer wants to do. He also makes sure that we were happy with the final product. He will come back and adjust any little details that you want fixed. We did pay a little more for the job, but we did have him use very high quality material. We were having problems with our porch because the wood was too soft, so he did extensive research to make sure that he could make our situation better. He found a way to help our situation and put a lot of effort in to doing the best thing for us. He chose IPE Brazilian hardwood for our porch. We purchased the wood from a certified hardwood dealer and it never has to be painted, it is only oiled once every year or two.

Description of Work
He rebuilt our porch for us, we were having problems with the previous porch.

Category decks

10/30/2008

JESSICA B.

My storm door got blown off in a wind storm one Saturday. The door took part of the door jamb with it! I had used Todd on a previous project so I called him right away. Even though it was a weekend, he talked to me and we discussed pricing so I was sure he would be cheaper than my insurance deductible. It took him a week to come fix it (he was quite busy) but he showed up on a Saturday, in the rain, and fixed the door. The new door is 10 times better than the old one, the jamb is all fixed and the installation is flawless. Once again, Todd did a fantastic job!

Description of Work
Todd purchased a new storm door (with my specifications) for my front entrance. He fixed the part of the door jamb that had been ripped out and installed the new door. He also caulked around the new door to make it weather tight.

09/05/2008

Sean S.

Todd Hankins came over, gave us an estimate and after we purchased the doors he set up a time to come and do the installation. Ours is an older house so the process ended up being quite a lot more complicated than was first anticipated and the job took longer than Todd expected. I really appreciated his professionalism in doing the job right and the fact that at no time did he deviate from his original estimate. He is very punctual, reliable and prompt in returning messages and we are very pleased with the job that he did - would use his services again.

Description of Work
Installed three new exterior doors on our house.

Category woodworking

08/20/2008

BARBARA B.

Todd came out to look at the front door and the front screen door that were not closing and/or opening easily or properly. He was on time, polite, and professional. He was careful not to scratch the newly polished hardwood floor when he put his tool kit down to look for sample screws for me to take to the store for my old mortise lock, which impressed me that he is both careful and considerate. It was also great that he could come the next morning when I called him late afternoon the day before. He had a pleasant and positive attitude throughout and did mine answering questions.

Description of Work
He fixed the screen door so that it is once again closing perfectly. He examined the front door and worked on it. He explained that the front door has a special metal strip on it's edge that matches up with it's frame that prevents the use of a plane. The door now works properly and a lot better than it did before (previously it took two people to open it one to pull the other to push from the other side of the door). He also answered questions I had on a number of other topics around the house and told me what I needed inorder to replace some missing brass screws to do with the lock on the front door.