AC Electric

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2010

5169 Fowler Ave

Cleveland, OH 44127

Why describe the quality we offer if all other Electrical Contractors claim the same thing? Instead, over two decades in service is proof that we are a quality contractor and not your typical fly-by-night electrician! We offer service in residential houses, apartment buildings, new, old, commercial-retail stores, factories, warehouses, and much-much more! We stay alert to the new trends and technologies; we offer advice on lighting efficiency and savings; we'll trouble shoot knob-and-tube wiring; we'll install your 250 kVA transformer; the list goes on! Not only that, AC Electric takes so much pride and confidence in the quality product that we give you that we offer a Lifetime Limited Warranty on most installations! As CEO and founder, if I installed wiring that went bad after 12 years, then I did it wrong period! Knob & tube wiring has been around longer than our grand fathers, and unless someone touches it, it is still working just fine! Call us today for a live person to take your service call; more than likely we have a technician in your neighborhood. AC Electric we ARE your local neighborhood Electrical Contractor!...

12/18/2019

JIM D.

Excellent communication throughout the job. Impeccable workmanship. The whole company from their scheduler & electrician who is also their estimator (William) & all of their electricians in the field (Jose & other electricians) were TOP NOTCH & are a reflection of its Owners- They Exemplified True Professionalism in every aspect of the job right to the end! I will definitely will be using them in the future!

Description of Work
Rewire of the whole house including electrical panel (interior) & upgrading electrical service (exterior)

06/07/2019

charles A.

He was excellent and explained everything very well. He did the treatment with a special grease so we do not have to have him out for another 10 years. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They tightened and lubricated wires in my breaker box and main circuit breaker outside.

06/07/2018

Lance W.

Great, William and John were awesome. Showed up, worked for two days until the job was completed. Everything works fantastic. Would recommend them to anyone. Left the job site clean, too. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Hot tub electrical hook up, update 50 amp to 100 amp service to my home.

Category electrician

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]! I'll pass on the message to them.

03/03/2018

Laurie J.

These guys know electricity. From beginning with the electrical inspection and service recommendations to job completion, the gentlemen made sure that I understood what was being done. They worked flawlessly as a team. I would recommend this fine service. Thank You AC Electric!

Description of Work
Installed new electric panel and wiring and added additional outlets on the inside and outside of the home. Secured all wiring connections and tested all connections.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review. I just noticed it, so I apologize it took me thinking to respond. I'll let the team know about your review.

03/06/2017

BETH C.

Very promt, quick to response, recomended by electrical companies.

Description of Work
Replace my switch in the kitchen.

09/12/2016

Kevin H.

I had this work done in stages, as it took some time to see everything that needed to be done.The owner came out to assess the work requested and to get clarification on what was desired. A quote usually came via e-mail within 48 hrs. Once approved, a date and time for the work would be scheduled. The work crews were very professional. As I needed to leave for work, they would finish for the day and lock up behind themselves. The interior and exterior lights were replacing existing fixtures. For the very large ones (two chandeliers), they constructed large boxes to contain the removed pieces. Most of the parts to be replaced had already been purchased by my interior designer, so AC Electric had to work around this. They installed the ceiling fan in the kitchen, but recommended a different wall control than the one purchased by the decorator (wrong type). There were previous issues from the previous owners: illegal wiring in the basement and data wire stapled along the exterior of the house. AC Electric provided a quote to bring the basement lighting up to code and improve the illumination, and took down the data wire. I did agree to the basement lighting and was very pleased with the results. The previous coach lamps were improperly installed, and AC Electric mounted the new ones properly so that they would not tilt forward. The owner would come out at the end of each job to inspect the work. If there was something he did not like, someone was sent out the next day to correct it. Be aware that the majority of my costs were for labor, as I already had most of the hardware. The start time is just an estimate, so a couple of times they arrived a few hours later than expected. They are located in Summit county, so there was a $110 trip charge to come to neighboring Lake county for each visit.

Description of Work
Moved into a 28-year-old home that needed an assortment of cosmetic electrical work This included installing coach lamps, assembling & hanging interior light fixtures, adding plugs, bathroom lights/fans, driveway post lamps.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

[Member Name Removed], I just noticed this review. Thanks for the review and I'll work on the guys' puntuality!

01/24/2016

Cheryl R.

The job went really well. 1922 2 story, basement and walk-in attic, 4 bedrooms with no true grounded, electrical outlets and numerous illegal splices (potential for shorting out and overload) also, a 100 Amp inside breaker box, but an ungrounded outside 60 Amp panel - as well as the main powerline running uncovered along the width of the exterior north wall. AC came promptly to make an assessment and bid- recommending several options and expressing the proposal in great detail... breakdown floor by floor(room by room) so there would be no confusion about the job. They expressed clarity in pointing out what HAD to be corrected, what SHOULD be done and what could be done, but the latter could also wait if budget became an issue. Once the job commenced, AC was almost always easy to reach or leave messages with, which they did return the calls. They also explained issues and seemed very aware of Electrical Code and what was safe for the homeowner. Of the 2 workers who did the job, each had their expertise and worked very well as a team... effortlessly cutting into lathe and plaster walls, creating outlets and lighting where sorely needed and leaving no debris in their wake. Overall, AC Electric was relatively inexpensive, extremely professional and very efficient in making our new residence brighter and safer.

Description of Work
Upgradedand improved home electrical wiring to Code

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Sorry it took this long to respond. I'll pass along the message to the team.

07/24/2015

Virginia G.

Called for service at 7:30 a.m. and were given a time of 11 a.m. for repair. Cost was disclosed in phone conversation and receipt emailed. Electrician called to say he could arrive at 10 a.m. We were happy to have the repair completed sooner. Electrician arrived on time, completed the repair to our satisfaction. Electrician was polite and courteous. Would certainly recommend the company and will call again if other electrical services are needed.

Description of Work
Replaced dead circuit breaker.

Category electrician

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

04/06/2015

Robert S.

This company was the service provider assigned when I submitted a claim through my home warranty. I submitted the claim online around 9:00 PM on March 23. Someone from the company called to schedule an appointment the next day at 7:30 AM. Two technicians arrived on time at 1:30 PM. They quickly found and corrected the issue.

Description of Work
Some the electric outlets in my kitchen were not working.

03/09/2015

Daniel H.

Great job and even come back when there was an issue with the fan.

Description of Work
New outlets and ceiling fan in my sunroom

Category electrician, ceiling fans

12/31/2014

Susan D.

They were extremely nice and professional. They had thought to run the new outlet from the wiring of our vent hood, the light switch of which needed replacement too, but couldn't because it had been installed in such a way - 25 years ago - that they could not get it out without damaging it, the cabinets or the wall. We found an outlet on the wall in the room behind it, and they were able to use that instead. So the price was ridiculous for getting one new outlet, but for the time they spent it was appropriate. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Add an outlet behind or stove and attempted to replace light switch in vent hood

12/02/2014

Matthew T.

Great experience, everyone was on time and professional. The owner brought in extra help at the end to make sure that my project was completed on time. Going to use them again this spring!!

Description of Work
Installed and ran wire for numerous lights on the outside of home. Troubleshot 4 individual issues with switches and outlets and fixed completely. Mounted 65 Inch TV Into Brick with 4 prong receptacle flush into brick (not easy).

Category electrician

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]!

11/15/2014

Julie G.

I needed to have the underground cable replaced from my home to the transformer. The appointment for the estimate was tailored to my work schedule. The estimator showed up on time. He was extremely professional both in mannerism and dress. The estimate was very fair for the work required. I would definitely reccommend AC Electric!

Description of Work
Estimate an electrical repair

07/02/2014

Mike G.

This is the first time I have ever given a second review to a company...but they took such good care of us again I want everyone to know about it. My wife was seven months pregnant with twins when we had an emergency one morning on an extremely cold day over winter. There were emergency issues all over Cleveland and we knew we were sitting ducks for companies to gouge us or make us wait for days. I called AC just to see if they had a recommendation (our experience with AC Electric was so good previously; see my previous review to see why we trust them). Asmint came right out even though he had a ton already going on to at least assess the damage and see what it would take to fix and schedule time later to make the repairs. He was there within the hour and did a lot to diagnose the issue. Once he did, he said that he wanted to get it fixed now instead of later because my wife was pregnant. He spent the better part of the day fixing the problem for a great price! SO TRUELY APPRECIATED

Description of Work
AC Electric saved us again!

07/01/2014

Mitra R.

Very efficient and reasonable price. Came immediately and finished the Work. Good Job.i

Description of Work
Changing lights inside the house and outside the house.

04/08/2014

Hilary S.

He did great work, was very courteous, and came at odd hours to meet our schedule. He was very thorough and careful to make sure the job was done right and that we were satisfied customers. We were very happy with him and will definitely hire him in the future.

Description of Work
Worked with our home warranty company to keep our costs low and to make sure we were covered. He fixed an outlet and installed a new light fixture. Additionally, prior to this job, I had tried to fix a dryer outlet on my own without a clue as to what I was doing. That evening, I called him for advice and he came immediately out of concern for our safety to make sure our dryer outlet was safe for use and charged nothing to do so.

01/11/2014

Bonnie G.

The service was fantastic - he even stopped at Home Depot to buy the fan for me. The worker he sent to install it was terrific about asking me what I wanted, and he also cleaned up thoroughly.

Description of Work
He installed a ceiling fan, repaired the lights on another ceiling fan, and replaced two outlets on either side of my bathroom.

01/09/2014

REBECCA S.

We just sold our house. The buyer had a home inspection done and several issues with our electrical panel were identified. We needed to get these items cared for quickly. I called and spoke with Asmit. He scheduled an appointment in two days. William was our technician. He arrived on time, did exactly what we needed done, wrote up all the details on our invoice and was done in about an hour. We also asked him to take a look at a bathroom exhaust fan that was making a humming noise and not working. We suspected that the fan was the original in the house and close to 30 years old. William discovered that the fan was fine, but there was 30 years of dust that needed to be cleaned out. He cleaned out everything, reinstalled the fan, and it's much quieter than before. When William was done with the work, he showed and explained everything he had done on the electrical panel for the inspection work. Really, really impressed with William's knowledge, efficiency, and professionalism. We will share AC Electric company name with the new buyer should they need electrical services in the future!

Description of Work
Addressed/resolved electrical items identified in home inspection.

12/12/2013

Mike G.

AC Electric, specifically Asmint (the owner) was OUTSTANDING! He was so good, quick and professional and, on top of that, was incredibly warm, thoughtful and intelligent. We had a different electrician out (the guy that wired some of this 100-year-old house when we bought it) and he was not able to figure out why many of the sockets were not working. Asmint came out on a Saturday morning for us (we had no power throughout much of the third floor when we called him) and had all of the issues we called him for SOLVED within twenty minutes, and the problems were each separate from each other, so he had to diagnose each one separately. We then had him take care of other stuff and he did equally as quick. We now have all of our long-time issues solved, power in the third floor and a plan to add more outlets and a new ground. We will never call anyone but AC Electric at this point. It was really that good of an experience.

Description of Work
fixed long-time electric issues that a different electrician was not able to, plus assessed a third floor electrical system and quoted us a few fixes and improvements. Mostly, this consisted of sockets and switches plus the third floor electrical assessment.

11/26/2013

James M.

Asmint came to do an estimate the same day I called him and within 2 days he returned to do the job. He fully explained in detail what he was doing and answered all my questions in a way I would understand. He was very clean with the job and would not be satisfied with anything less than perfection. When the job was complete he cleaned up and even vaccumed and/or swept the area he was working. He also went over everything one last time and told me exactly what he did. I would use his service again anytime I need this type of work done. I also got several of his cards to pass out to my friends that may need his service. I would recommend him to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
Install Garbage Disposal Install 2 Ceiling Fans with Lights Install Bathroom Exhaust Fix Light Fixture above Bathroom Sink Installed Kitchen Light Added Inside Outlet Added 2 Outside Outlets

Category electrician, ceiling fans, home remodeling

11/22/2013

Ana G.

I used AC Electric to install my portable generator. Azmint returned my call quickly, came to my house gave an estimate and next day started the job. He is knowledgeable, detailed and pleasant. Installed a new panel and connected appliances, as we agreed. I can say that he went above and beyond on his job to please me. He finished the job as promised and the price was excellent comparing to other 2 contractors. One of the contractors wanted a charge to give an estimate. It was an excellent experience overall. I will be using him for all my electrical needs and wholeheartedly recommend him to whoever needs an exceptional job done. Thank you Azmint. Dan & Ana

Description of Work
Installed a portable generator with a new electrical panel/box.

Category electrician, generator service

10/23/2013

Jo S.

Mr. Cruz and Mike, his associate, had to run some of these cables through our attic, some through our walls and some from the basement up through the house. One camera was under an eave 25? up. It took them a full day to complete the work and they worked very hard the entire day. From our initial contact / estimate to project completion, my wife and I found the AC Electric team to be pleasant, conscientious and extremely professional. They said they?d be here at 8AM and were at our door at exactly 8AM. They took off their boots when they had to walk over carpet and vacuumed up after themselves, leaving no trace that they were even here. When the cables were run, they ensured that each camera and network connection worked. They patched the larger holes with drywall mud and even suggested options that made the install more efficient. I would highly recommend the AC Electric team for any low voltage or standard electrical work. You?d be hard-pressed to find a more professional, competent and easy-to-work-with team.

Description of Work
I had purchased a four HD security cameras and a DVR and hired AC Electric to mount the cameras and run the CAT5 cables from the cameras to the DVR and from the DVR to our router.

10/04/2013

Gary W.

AC Electric was very professional and courteous. I would use them over and over again.

Description of Work
AC Electric came to my home and repaired my security lights and other electrical problems we had .

09/27/2013

Arlemy A.

AC Electric came out an offered the estimate for all the work I wanted done in my home. They were very informative and actually provided a better system than what I originally was thinking of. They installed a 200A service and did my whole kitchen's electrical upgrade. 2-3 times a year I experienced a fuse blowing in my home due to appliances in my kitchen. I was guaranteed by Asmint (CEO of the company) that there will be no breakers tripping or he would come out for FREE every time to reset the breaker and/or install a new circuit. He installed a sticker on the panel that says "Lifetime Warranty" on it so I can find him if I do need for him to come out. His staff was very clean, professional and did an excellent job. I will definitely use him again since I own 3 rental properties in NE Ohio.

Description of Work
Upgraded kitchen and electrical panel.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review.

09/23/2013

Thomas S.

Very satisfied. We strongly recommend AC Electric.

Description of Work
Chose AC last to install new generator because they seemed the most professional, had the most choices of brands and were competitive. Very satisfied with entire experience. They work hard to get bit right and deliver everything they promise. They came back this year to do the promised free annual tune-up and then to make some improvements that they wanted as a result of their tests. We strongly recommend this company.

Category electrician, generator service