Abby Construction Company

Founded 1953 • With Angi since March 2002

3.3

4568 Mayfield Rd Ste 112

Cleveland, OH 44121

Abby Construction has been in business for 65 years. Call Us Today!

04/21/2021

Rick T.

The workers and Steve, the owner, were all kind, but the work was subpar. It was a small job and they treated it mostly like a patch job even though they charged quite a bit more than they should have. The quote was based on repairing, but they mostly just patched the exterior. It’s fixed, but I feel disappointed in the quality.

Description of Work
Garage repairs, door installed.

Category concrete repair, garage builders

09/22/2016

Hugh & Jeannette L.

Approximately 4 months later we had a heavy rain. At that point we noticed the leak was still happening, not totally fixed. Called them today 9/22/16, Abby advised me they would have to charge me again to fix things. While on the phone with the owner, sounded as if people in the background were making jokes at my expense. No apology, seemed as if they were inconvenienced just by talking to me.

Description of Work
Hired Abby to put roofing materials to combat a leak in my kitchen. Put up some aluminum and flashing. Had 6 other companies come take a look at the work since then, they advised me that original job was not good.

05/28/2014

Reginald R.

It went very well.

Description of Work
He did the roof on my house and the gutters.

05/30/2013

Myrna Y.

Very good experience, service provider was punctual and very professional. had all of the information organized on paper and also had a symbol stating that they have been in business for a long time.

Description of Work
Masonry work around the front of the house. Had to know down some bricks and update the foundation on the front of the house.

Category concrete repair

09/13/2012

Belinda R.

Do not use them. I have been calling them for months and they wont respond. My only alternative is to take them to small clams court.

Description of Work
They were supposed to stop the leak in my bedroom, cause by tuck pointing from chimney.

07/18/2012

Jimmie G.

One of the banisters was rotten, and they did not notice it during their inspection of the stairs. They thought that they did everything that they were supposed to, but I did not feel like they did. However, they showed up on time, and did the job quicker then they said they would.

Description of Work
I used Abby's Construction to reinforce two stories of stairs. They put in new platforms and support post. They also put plywood on the first and second floor landings and tightened up the railings. They did everything to make sure that the stairs were safe. They also gave me an estimate to paint the stairs.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

07/18/2008

PRANAB & MARIAN C.

The service was good, but a bit pricey. They do exactly as they say, I really have no complaints about them or their work. They are very patient and have good quality work.

Description of Work
Abby Construction Co. took apart my floor at my home.

06/11/2008

Anne K.

He is a predator. I called him on it. He insisted I write the check to him personally. I overpaid for crappy work that has not held.

Description of Work
He came out and really just took me for a lot of money. He installed new flashing. He did to do it properly, so it did not line up and the color did not match at all. Another company came out to repair what he had done and confirmed he had done the repair improperly. I had to pay more to get it done correctly.

09/13/2007

JACK & CATHY J.

I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
They come out to repair our driveway. They showed up on a holiday without notice. It took them 3 weeks to a month before they showed up. They left with out sealing the driveway.

09/13/2006

R LEE R.

The job was sub-contracted out. The workers were pleasant and friendly. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Replaced entire asphalt driveway.

07/18/2006

JEROME & LISA D.

Horrible time calling us back. I had to call repeatedly for the company to schedule the work. They would not do the job and would not give us our deposit back. They took over three months to schedule the repair in the end. I had to fix things that were obvious that they should have caught the first time around. The city actually sent us a letter because of a violation because of our driveway, and they still did not respond in a timely manner. They were very punctual, however, with sending the final bill.

Description of Work
I did repair of an asphalt driveway.

06/02/2006

MAXINE M.

Never returned my call. Did mention that I got the name from Angie's List.

Description of Work
No work performed. Work requested was to patch and repair driveway.

03/07/2006

ADDISAH F.

The first time I called the woman hung up on me. The second time I called the woman who answered was very short with me, put me on hold for several minutes, and when I finally got the chance to tell her what I needed, she told me that an estimate would cost $100 because I didn't own the house yet, even though I told her we closed in 10 days. When I said really, a hundred dollars? She hung up. Needless to say, I won't be calling back in 10 days.

Description of Work
I was calling to get an estimate on for my driveway that needs substantial repair.

Category concrete driveways

10/15/2005

PAUL P.

AS WITH OUR CONSTRUCTION REPAIRS, STEVEN WAS FINE IN THE QUOTE PROCESS. ALTHOUGH THE PAINTERS WERE NICE PEOPLE, WE WERE NOT PLEASED WITH THEIR WORK. THEY ARRIVED AT 11 A.M. EACH DAY AND LEFT AT 3 P.M., TAKING MUCH LONGER THAN WE HAD HOPED TO DO THE JOB. THEY ALSO DID NOT APPEAR TO HAVE SOME OF THE BASIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HOUSE PAINTING THAT PROFESSIONALS SHOULD (THEY PAINTED SEVERAL OF OUR STORM WINDOWS SHUT AND FAILED TO PRIME BARE WOOD BEFORE PAINTING IT IN SOME PLACES), AND DID SOME SLOPPY WORK. WHEN WE DISCUSSED OUR CONCERNS WITH THE PAINTERS, THEY WOULD NOT LISTEN, OR THEY GAVE US READY-MADE EXCUSES. WE HAD TO MAKE REPEATED CALLS TO STEVEN TO MOTIVATE THE WORKERS TO LISTEN TO OUR CONCERNS. AT LAST WE DECIDED THAT WE WOULD RATHER DO THE FINAL REQUIRED WORK OURSELVES RATHER THAN DEALING WITH THEM.

Description of Work
PAINTING ENTIRE EXTERIOR OF OUR HOUSE, INCLUDING PRIMING AND TRIM.

Category house painters

10/15/2005

PAUL P.

STEVEN WAS QUITE PROMPT IN VISITING & PROVIDING A QUOTE FOR THE JOB. THE WORKER (MATT) ALSO VISITED PRIOR TO THE WORK & DID THE JOB IN A TIMELY MANNER. WE HAD A COUPLE OF MINOR FOLLOW-UPS, WHICH WERE ALSO HANDLED QUICKLY. WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY OF HIS WORK.

Description of Work
REPLACEMENT OF SOME SIDING; MINOR REPAIRS ON ROOF; REMOUNTING GUTTERS.

10/06/2005

Tony B.

REFERRED ME TO OTHER COMPANIES WHO MIGHT BETTER SUIT MY NEEDS, AFTER REVIEWING THE JOB.

Description of Work
REQUESTED QUOTE ON BASEMENT WALL AND DRIVEWAY REPAIR.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

08/09/2005

DAVID G.

THE QUALITY OF THE WORK WAS VERY GOOD. THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THE TIMELINESS OF GETTING EVERYTHING DONE. FROM START TO FINISH IT TOOK ABOUT 6 WEEKS (WITH 2 WEEKS BETWEEN THE GARAGE BEING FINISHED AND THE DRIVEWAY GETTING STARTED) AND IT SEEMED TO US THAT THE WORKERS WOULD ONLY WORK ABOUT HALF THE DAY. IF THEY HAD PUT IN A FULL DAY, THINGS COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN HALF THE TIME. THIS WAS ESPECIALLY INCONVENIENT BECAUSE WE HAVE TENANTS WHO LIVE IN AN APARTMENT ABOVE OUR GARAGE AND THEY HAD TO PARK ON THE SIDE STREET FOR ALL OF THAT TIME.

Description of Work
TORE OUT AND REPLACED CONCRETE GARAGE FLOOR. INSTALLED DRAIN IN FRONT OF GARAGE. TORE OUT AND REPLACED ASPHALT DRIVEWAY.

05/23/2004

EDNA D.

MY TELEPHONE CALLS WERE HANDLED PROFEESIONALLY AND MY MESSAGES WERE RETURNED PROMPTLY. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH THE WORK CREW OR OFFICE STAFF.

Description of Work
THEY TORE OUT & REPLACED AN ASPHALT DRIVEWAY. THE ESTIMATE WAS COMPLETED WITHIN ONE DAY, THE WORK WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF SIGNING THE CONTRACT. I'M SATISFIED WITH THE QUALITY. THE WORK CREW WAS COURTEOUS. SMALL DAMAGE DONE TO SOME CONCRETE BY THEIR TRUCK WAS REPAIRED ON REQUEST. THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE HIGH.

11/19/2003

KEN K.

DID A GREAT JOB AND I HAVE NO PRICE COMPARISON TO GIVE A GRADE.

Description of Work
POURED NEW WALKWAY.

Category concrete repair

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

GT Painting

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. GT Painting is a small painting company that offers hands on work from me the owner. I employ 2 painters. GT PAINTING offers competitive pricing in several phases of cosmetic repair such as interior and exterior painting, drywall repair & finishing, plaster repair, wall resurfacing / skimcoating , wallpaper removal, and power washing. Quality finish, neatness and cleanliness are standard practice with GT PAINTING. I can make water damaged walls and ceilings look new again. Repairing old classic homes no problem for GT. Call Greg to schedule.

Award 2022
    VP Painting LLC

Interior and Exterior painting. Specializing in aluminum and vinyl siding refinishing. Drywall installation and repairs. Texture matching. Refinishing kitchen cabinets.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Kitchen & Bath Remodeling. Basement & Foundations. Enclosures - Patio, Porch, & Deck . Paving. Roofing. Siding. Windows – Installation & Service. Resurface – Asphalt Drives.