A Garber Upholstery

Founded 1940 • With Angi since August 1998

Furniture - Custom Made
Upholstering - Boat & Auto

Having spent decades in the upholstery field, A. Garber Upholstery has worked with countless fabric distributors. Today, we carry every major fabric brand in the industry. Even if you are not looking to reupholster any furniture, we can still help you find a perfect fabric for whatever your project might be. Below is a quick list of our most popular distributors. If you happen to have another fabric manufacturer in mind, just let us know and we will do the rest....

J Display Case

We are a custom acrylic fabrication shop with stock designs also shown on our website. Our quality is the finest in the acrylic industry. Display cases, wall cabinets, display covers and bases for antiques, model ships, collectibles, and turntables. Safely packaged and shipped to your door. We ship to all of the US states and cities in 48 contiguous states. Email or call us for a free quote 1 800-971-6276.

09/02/2021

HARRIET R.

Excellent upholster. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
He upholstered a chair.

09/01/2020

JANE C.

It was wonderful, they did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
They upholstered a chair for me.

Thank so much!!

08/27/2020

PAULA K.

I’m an Interior Designer and A Garber’s work is the best in the area hands down. Always impeccable craftsmanship the entire staff is very talented. Trust me I know excellent work when I see it and they never disappoint me or my clients.

Description of Work
Upholstery, custome cushions, custom headboards

Category upholstery,custom furniture

Thank so much!

04/11/2018

Stacey S.

Excellent! Highly skilled. Perfect job. Reasonable. Quick!

Description of Work
I had 2 fully upholstered arm chairs repaired

03/09/2018

AMY C.

Service was wonderful, he really did a good job and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He re upholstered 6 chairs that are probably around 75 years old mid century dining chairs from the late 40's. He took them completely apart and he had sewed each one together, restuffed and put them back because they are all lose. He reasonally told me it would take two weeks but it only took a week. He's very quick and he have a lot of samples to choose from. He was very helpful when i was choosing for patterns,

Category furniture repair

05/05/2015

SUSAN N.

He always does a good job. He's extremely fastidious. He's very particular. you can count on him to do it right the first time. He never hunts for business. I have a lot of furniture and some of the things are hand me downs from friends. The recliner was one of those and once we got the coat off of it, it was golden oak and turned out to be a beautiful piece of furniture. It takes him forever to get something done but I don't care. He can tell whatever time he needs as far as I'm concerned. His price is a little tiny bit on the high side buts its so worth it. He has a great selection of upholstery materials too.

Description of Work
I'm using him now. He's doing the sofa and before that he did the recliner.

03/14/2015

Rex B.

Worked with me to help me keep within my budget. Ordered larger fabric sample sizes for me to look at. Firmed up framing of furniture. Made sure new seat padding was comfortable before applying new upholstery. Communicated effectively throughout process. Finished project earlier than estimated. Quality of craftsmanship is outstanding! My old Ethan Allen furniture is probably good for another 17 years! Mr. Garber was always friendly and kind.

Description of Work
Reupholstered love seat, king chair and ottoman, queen chair, and four throw pillows with Crypton fabric

01/01/2015

Eric S.

We met with a few different upholsterers and decided on Alex. His pricing was comparable but he was very up front about what he thought the furniture needed. some of the other people we met gave us a price and really did not discuss any details. Mr. Garber was very easy to work with. He was very professional. Our loveseats look incredible. Even better than we thought they would look. We had strongly considered buying new furniture but could not find anything we liked better that was new so decided to go forward with reupholstering. The fabric was a detailed pattern and he matched it perfectly at every seam. He added padding where needed. His pricing is fair. He explained what could be done and he would do what we wanted. We were very very picky about the particular fabric we wanted and he worked with us on this. Once he had our furniture he had it ready in a couple of weeks, which was sooner than expected.

Description of Work
re-upholstered 2 loveseats, 1 chair and ottoman, added 5 matching throw pillows.

07/03/2014

Diane B.

They were really great. The quality of their work was very nice. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They upholstered furniture like the couch and chair.

05/06/2014

SUSAN N.

They did a very nice job and made a pillow from the extra material. It may take some time to get your item back but it is worth it.

Description of Work
They took out a seat from a old rocking chair and replaced the seat.

Category furniture repair,custom furniture