A Caserta Inc - Painting & Paper Hanging

Founded 1946 • With Angi since August 1997

5706 Cherokee

Cleveland, OH 44124

The company was started by Albert Caserta, the father of the current owner, Donald Caserta. Cost is determined by the job....

08/29/2019

Roy S.

I did not get a response of any kind from this vendor. Not very business like. If you don't want the job, just say so. Don't ignore the customer.

Description of Work
Refinish deck

Category house painters

Do not recall any dealings with this customer .

09/15/2016

Barbara B.

horrible. i never let them continue after the wall paper removal. never have i have ever seen such a filthy mess. did not protect the wall, cabinets and my floors are beyond description.and that is only a few of many comments. i do not advise you to use them

Description of Work
wallpaper removed and kitchen painted.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

07/21/2016

Anne P.

Overall, we are very pleased with the work they did. We could quibble that the bathroom walls did not end up ‘like new’ as some might prefer and that, after the work was done, I discovered a problem that I addressed on my own. The plaster did not come close enough to the new electrical workboxes that had been installed and the area between two workboxes was left rough. Caserta would likely have fixed this if I had noticed it during the job or had asked them to come back but I thought it easier to just fix it myself. Other parts of the job, like the kitchen ceiling and bathroom trim, ended up far better than we thought possible. They spent more time on the job than we expected, given the price we paid, and their workers were congenial and professional. We definitely recommend them and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Caserta removed some hideous metallic wallpaper from the bathroom in our 1920’s Cleveland Heights house, repaired damage to the (concrete on metal lathe) plaster underneath and painted the walls, ceiling and trim. They also repaired sections of our kitchen ceiling that had been removed (and poorly repaired by me) when the house was re-plumbed several years ago.

Category plastering, wallpaper removal, interior painters

03/24/2016

MARY P.

Because of circumstances beyond Mr. Caserta's control, services were not performed.

Description of Work
Don Caserta answered my call almost immediately. He came and gave me several estimates to choose from. I was very pleased with his demeanor and knowledge of my project.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

02/02/2015

Karen E.

Fantastic! Don and his company were very professional. He noticed and fixed things that I was not aware of, but would have noticed eventually. I will definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper, prepared walls, and painted bedroom. Repaired wall where old intercom outlet was located. Painted garage walls and cabinetry. Again repaired walls as needed. Repaired and painted an outside wall - downed tree damage.

01/13/2015

Dorothy G.

Don is a true professional. He handled the job expertly and efficiently. He put up with playing telephone tag with me. Committed to getting the job done after the holidays and there he was on the first Monday after New Year's. I would highly recommend him for any job small or large.

Description of Work
Don hung and pasted two murals on our office walls. Approx. 26' and 10' wide.

10/04/2014

Cherol P.

I contacted Them to wallpaper a 54 inch by 54 inch by 8ft half bath. I was going to have everything in the little bath removed. I was also going to do the prep work; which included painting the little ceiling and removing the border. All he had to do was hang the wallpaper. I had everything he needed. The wallpaper is a simple drop match. In addition, there are really only three walls. The door takes up most of one of the walls. The job could have been completed in less than four hours. I wallpapered for 30years. I had him peg as being slick two minutes after he walked into my house. He spent to much time looking around in my house. I suspect that he was trying to figure out just how high he jack the price. The job was so simple that he could have emailed me the estimate the next day, but he did not. After two days I started emailing saying that I am waiting for the estimate, he would respond with oh its coming. However, he still had not mailed it to me. I kept emailing him, and he kept saying that its coming. Until the last time I emailed him, and he responded by saying that he mailed. I responded by saying that makes no sense, and I said why didn?t you just email me the quote instead of putting it in the mail. He then responded by saying he didn?t have my email address. Really!! My first contact with this company was via email, and ever subsequent contact was via email. Lastly, I replied my saying all you had to do was return the email; just like you have in the past. He knew he was up to no good. He was clearly tying to take advantage!!! The so called trades people on Angie?s List of some of shadiest and slickest people I think that I have ever encountered. The old corner gas stations ran themselves out of business with the same kind of behavior. It is lost, because I had intended to have a lot of interior work done this up coming year.

Description of Work
Nothing, because I did not hire him.

Category interior painters

This customer contacted us through the Angie's List website on Tuesday, September 29. We phoned immediately, and went to her house on the next day. We were being courteous and kind, telling her how nice her home looks. We were not trying to look for more work, or figuring out how to "jack" the price. The estimate was mailed within 24 hours. We received another contact through the website the day after we were at her home, saying that she "was still waiting for her estimate." These messages continued through the website every day until she received her estimate in the mail. I don't think she understands that we do not have her e-mail address, since we were communicating through the Angie's List website, NOT direct e-mail. Since we are a legitimate incorporated company who pays into Workers Compensation, Liability Insurance, etc., our prices must include these types of overhead costs. There are plenty of companies who can do the work for less, who do it as a side job, and do not pay for these costs. These kinds of workers could be considered ‘shady'. Consumers have a right to choose who they hire, and if they will be liable if someone is injured in their home, or if they want to hire a company with insurance coverage for their employees. We started this company in 1946 and have had very high reviews and repeat customers because of our high commitment to service and quality. It is sad we were not able to prove ourselves to this customer due to a lack of understanding. And how unfair to label Angie's List tradesmen as shady and slick!

12/06/2013

JEFFREY M.

I have used Caserta and company for years, maybe 15. They work methodically, slow and steady and it's done before you know it. They also clean up everynight so your house is not a mess. I love these guys. I look for things to get painted, just to have them back.

Description of Work

Category drywall, furniture repair, handyman service, interior designers, plastering, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

04/16/2013

Victoria F.

They were very neat and professional.

Description of Work
wallpaper removed in kitchen and paint ceiling and walls in kitchen. sand and paint wood paneling in family room and remove old t.v. cabinet and build new one .

Category wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

02/09/2013

Lynne R.

Caserta Painting is one of the best in town! Several years ago they painted my kitchen cabinets in a faux type finish and it has withstood heavy use and frequent cleaning. They also painted doors in a faux wood finish. Recently they painted woodwork in my living room. They are happy to use oil paint, match colors or create new color. Ron is as talented as Mr. Caserta. They are truly artists, neat, clean and professional. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Painted woodwork in living room.

04/14/2012

Margaret B.

very good quality, efficient, fair price

Description of Work
A Caserta painted the kitchen and 2 bathrooms, fixed plaster in an entranceway

03/31/2012

JEFFREY M.

I am always pleased with these guys. I have hired them many times in 3 different condos over the course of 15 years. I just call them whenever I need painting or wallpapering. I moved temporarily to India, when I get back, I will hire them again.

Description of Work
The last time Ihired them was to sand all the kitchen cabinets and woodwork, paint it with 2 coats of enamel and then the Ceiling and walls were reprinted. These guys show up like clockwork very morning, never rushing, just quietly working, working? They arrive early, work, have a the usual breaks but never dawdle. The workmanship is always first rate, the estimate true, and rea sonably timely.

Category wallpaper, interior painters

03/24/2012

Dolores L.

They were punctual, put down tarps from the front door to the office and got to work immediately. They moved all furniture out of the way and disconnected all electrical apparatus. They finished in record time, had no spills or mishaps and put all furniture back in place exactly as they found it. The painting was superb.

Description of Work
This company painted four walls and ceiling of an office in my home.

05/17/2011

ralph W.

Their price was little bit higher than the other estimates we got. They were my second choice. Their responsiveness was very good. They were very punctual and were here right on dot.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from A Caserta Inc a month ago. We have a large roof on which we needed some plastering and refinishing. They had to patch up and repair the ceiling. They had to paint the roof with two coats as well.

Category plastering, house painters, interior painters

05/19/2010

ELLEN M.

They did a good job and it was a good value for the money. They were all pleasant and helpful.

Description of Work
We used A Caserta to paint the exterior of our house. They also did some interior painting.

Category house painters, interior painters

02/23/2009

SUZANNE S.

They were very good. They were on time. The quality was very good. I didn't have any complaints with them. I brought some things to their attention and they did it.

Description of Work
A Caserta painted the kitchen and hallway. They plastered my garage.

Category plastering, interior painters

01/08/2009

JEFFREY M.

We couldn't say enough good things about this company; we have dealt with them for over 10 years. Friendly, knowledgeable, efficient...they are simply the best contractors we deal with on regular basis.

Description of Work
We had air conditioning installed in a pre-war plaster walled condominium, which necessitated openings in the ceilings and walls throughout the apartment. The Caserta team repaired plaster, matched existing colors, and repaired all of the damage quickly, neatly, beautifully, and they were friendly to boot. Timely, thorough... they turned a renovation nightmare into a positive experience.

Category plastering, interior painters

08/07/2008

BARBARA S.

His work was neat and I have had several compliments on what a beautiful job it was! It was a small job, but it was handled very professionally. Our contract was a handshake.

Description of Work
He stained and painted the banister of the stairs in my home.

02/07/2008

SANDRA G.

They are wonderful in interior painting. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

05/20/2007

BARBARA S.

Mr. Caserta assured me he had experience with what I wanted. The job progressed as planned with no mishaps. After carpenter finished his work. Mr. Caserta finished the final work. We worked without a contact, just his word. As I said Mr. Caserta was an honest man. Our contract was a handshake.

Description of Work
Did a beautiful job staining and painting my new stairway railing. Very neat.

03/30/2007

GORDON B.

We are very happy with Caserta's work. We would grade them "A".

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper from utility room walls, painted walls & refinished woodwork & cabinets.

Category furniture repair, wallpaper removal, woodworking, interior painters

05/15/2006

ALAN B.

This was for a rental unit. The bid was low, but sufficient for rental unit. The work was scheduled quickly and finished in one day. They did a nice job.

Description of Work
Painted living/dining room, two bedrooms, and bathroom of upper unit of 2-family house.

04/11/2005

GARY P.

I FELT VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THEM BEING IN MY HOME UNACCOMPANIED. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THEM. THEY MET ALL THE DEADLINES THAT I GAVE THEM AS I WAS PUTTING MY HOME UP FOR SALE.

Description of Work
WALLPAPERING, INTERIOR PAINTING & SOME MINOR PLASTER WORK.

Category wallpaper

10/28/2004

MARCIA K.

I GOT FOUR BIDS ON PAINTING THE EXTERIOR OF MY HOUSE. CASERTA'S AT $9650, WAS MORE THAN $4000 HIGHER THAN THE HIGHEST OF THE OTHER THREE. THEY WERE $5400, $3200 AND $3000. ALL INCLUDED THE WORK HE PROPOSED TO DO, IN ADDITION TO PAINTING THE SHUTTERS, WHICH HE DID NOT. HIS BID CALLED FOR ONE COAT OF GLOSS FINISH ON SHUTTERS. ONE OF THE THREE INCLUDED DOUBLE PRIMING ON BARE SPOTS AND ONE ADDED POWER WASHING. CASERTA BID SHERWIN WILLIAMS TOP OF THE LINE PRIME AND PAINT. THE OTHERS BID SHERWIN WILLIAMS ALSO, BUT NOT THE TOP GRADE.

Description of Work
WRITTEN BID ON EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINT JOB.

Category house painters

08/16/2004

GRACE S.

HE CAME OUT, LOOKED OVER THE WORK, TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD GET BACK TO ME WITH AN ESTIMATE, AND NEVER DID. THIS WAS DESPITE MY CALLING HIM TO CHECK, A CALL WHICH HE NEVER RETURNED

Description of Work
I CALLED HIM TO DO AN ESTIMATE FOR PAINTING AND WALLPAPERING.

Category wallpaper

All American Gutters & Power Washing

Here at All American Gutters & Power Washing we GUARANTEE our work, from a simple cleaning to the most extensive repair. We also specialize in power washing services such as houses, decks, driveways, sidewalks, fences, patios, & roofs etc. Our attention to detail is unmatched, and our work is GUARANTEED! Veteran Owned & Operated.

GT Painting

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. GT Painting is a small painting company that offers hands on work from me the owner. I employ 2 painters. GT PAINTING offers competitive pricing in several phases of cosmetic repair such as interior and exterior painting, drywall repair & finishing, plaster repair, wall resurfacing / skimcoating , wallpaper removal, and power washing. Quality finish, neatness and cleanliness are standard practice with GT PAINTING. I can make water damaged walls and ceilings look new again. Repairing old classic homes no problem for GT. Call Greg to schedule.

Mihals Interiors

I have been in business for 25 years. I do interior painting, wall paper hanging, wall covering removal, along with light wall repair. I am a graduate of the Vermont School of Professional Paper Hanging. I service Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina, Guaga, Lake and Portage Counties. I offer senior discounts. I am insured and offer free estimates and advice. When you call you will deal only with myself.

Offers by Mihals Interiors on Angi

Includes upscale residential and commercial painting, wallpaper hanging, and most faux-finishes interior and exterior painting, plastering, drywall, staining & spray painting.