A & J Insulation Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2000

16712 Elsienna Ave

Cleveland, OH 44135

In 1977, A&J Insulation started and incorporated in Parma, OH. A&J Insulation specializes in the insulating of existing homes and have been providing these services to the residents of Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina, and Lake Counties for the past 30 years. 5 employees. No subs. Charges by the job. No travel charges. Ask for Angie's list discount....

11/01/2016

Robert K.

Did not. Due to family emergency, could not take advantage of deal before it expired. A&J happily told me to just call when I was ready. Although this deal expired in January, I am now ready and when I emailed them to schedule I was simply told "We are out of business" when I contacted them. Not even a "Sorry". Not sure why they are still listed on Angies as a supplier....

Description of Work
Purchased the $499 for 1,000 sq. ft. blown in insulation deal.

04/19/2016

Ronald C.

Jerry arrived on time to offer the quote. There was no pressure, but he offered us options from which we could select exactly what we wanted done. They air sealed bypasses, replaced existing baffles, vented two bath fans through the roof, and open blow the attics to a depth of 6". They took existing boards and screwed them to the joists. Then dammed the area that we wanted left for storage. The workers arrived on time, were neat and professional answered any question we might have, instructed us on what they were going to do and later showed us what they had done. Extremely courteous. CLEANED UP the areas after they were finished. They only took about a 10 minute lunch and immediately got back to work. There is no better rating I can give them, if there were they would get it. Yes I would definitely use them and or recommend them to my friends.

Description of Work
Installed insulation in both attics, one above the house and one above that garage.

02/24/2016

Linda W.

Jerry was exactly on time, professional, and straightforward. As an aside, upon entering the unit, he also told me he smelled mold even though my unit doesn't have an water issues, and encouraged me to follow up. If you need to consider insulation, please consider giving A & J Insulation Inc. a call.

Description of Work
Jerry came out to look at blowing insulation into the walls of my 1950s condo. But since the construction is "brick and block", typical of the times, he explained that insulation cannot be blown in. There was no charge for the visit.

01/16/2016

William B.

We scheduled to have an estimate done for insulating our house due to the drafts in our house. The man doing the estimate was on time and professional. and more importantly was honest and told us our house was insulated adequately. There were a few spots above the windows that were lacking insulation. He told us we could spend money to fill those few spots but it wasn't a big problem. We appreciated his honesty and not looking to make a quick buck.

Description of Work
A & J INSULATION COMPANY

09/11/2015

Linda G B.

Very punctual and reps were very clean, left no mess, communicated throughout the entire process. They provided a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Fully insulate attic plus build boxes around canned light fixtures, mark electrical boxes, wrap skylights...total prep which took two full days.

Category electrician, insulation, lighting

Thank you for the nice review.

07/10/2015

Kent C.

Went well. I will know more in the winter when we see if the ice dam problem was fixed but for now it seems like they did a good job.

Description of Work
Blow in insulation. Also added some insulation in a crawl space.

06/03/2015

ELLEN M.

Removed old attic insulation; added new attic insulation; build attic floor.

Description of Work
Removed old attic insulation; added new attic insulation; build attic floor.

Thanks

04/20/2015

Carol C.

It was wonderful! They are really nice people.

Description of Work
I purchased the Deal for $445 for 1,000 Square Feet of Blown-in Insulation.

04/08/2015

Mark S.

The service was great. They were no problems whatsoever. They were a good company to work with. They were timely. I have no complaints. There were additional charges to the $445 Big Deal cost. I essentially paid twice that because I had them do the entire attic versus the Big Deal was just for a certain amount. I needed double the amount. They credited me that amount that it needed and then, I paid retail price for the remainder. The guy that gave the estimate was very nice and timely with the appointment. The crew that came out to do the work was very nice, cleaned up after themselves, and did a great job. I had no complaints. As far as the company itself, the product, what they are selling, what they are doing, and the installation, it was fine. I would recommend them. They came out probably within a week or two after I purchased the Big Deal. It was fairly quick.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for A & J Insulation. I had them put in additional attic insulation. They did a couple of things associated with doing that particular type of work. They capped off a few lights that were up there that needed to be boxed of so they would be protected from the insulation. I think we ended up doing 1,500 square-feet.

Category insulation

Thank you for your nice review of our company. You were equally nice and easy to deal with.

03/31/2015

Dean C.

Great, guys performing the service were knowledgeable, thorough, and went above-and-beyond in service expectations. extremely satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
On two attic spaces put plastic on vertical walls, secured baffles for ventilation, blew in insulation, filled exposed inside soffits, covered recessed lights and fans, sealed and insulated two access covers.

Category electrician, insulation, lighting, roofing, siding

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. And thank you for the business.

02/25/2015

Rita D.

The attic insulation and other tasks were done in less than an hour. All indoor work was completed. Outdoor work was deferred due to cold weather. Work was performed as promised. After paying the bill, Jerry called back right away and informed us of an over payment. He had a check in the mail the next day.

Description of Work
Installed attic insulation, eliminated drafts to attic, installed bath exhaust fan vents, and performed a furnace draft test.

Category insulation

Thank you for your review of our company. We will be back as soon as we can catch up on our work and when your roof is clear of course.. The bad weather has really put us behind.

01/26/2015

Robert G.

Bottom line: I'm using 40% less gas heating than before the insulation. A & J gave me the best price. I was impressed with the thorough way in which Jerry put together the estimate. I also qualified for a rebate from Columbia Gas. Jerry helped guide me with questions concerning the rebate process. If your roof has wide eaves like I have, Jerry doesn't make holes in your walls that you will have to repair. He blows the insulation into the wall from above. They put a tube all the way down between the wall studs and begin filling and compacting from the bottom. This may not be possible in newer homes that were built with fire breaks in the walls. Under the windows they did have to drill through the mortar in the brick wall to get a hose in, and the way they patch that up it isn't noticeable at all. The crew are polite and friendly and hardworking. I've monitored my energy usage via my programmable thermostat and I'm running the furnace 40% less than before the work that Jerry did. I'm a happy camper. I can't say anything bad about A & J.

Description of Work
A & J added additional attic insulation and insulated outside walls with blown cellulose insulation.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, roofing

We're happy that you are happy! Thanks for the great review!

01/05/2015

Richard P.

Jerry came out on Friday morning, looked at and measured crawl space. Provided written estimate immediately and explained exactly what he was going to provide. I accepted his proposal and work was scheduled and finished on Monday. Work completed was exactly as described and a noticeable difference can be felt immediately. Just in time as the temps are dropping as I type this.

Description of Work
Insulated crawl space under master bedroom addition in my home. Removed and discarded old insulation.

Category insulation

Thank you for the nice review!

01/02/2015

David K.

We used a coupon from Angie?s List with a $100 discount. The price was cheaper than the other estimates we had, it was $400 cheaper. They were very punctual. Jerry, one of the owners, came out when I asked for an estimate and he came out right away. He was professional and easy going. When we decided to use them, they came out punctually and the crew of four guys were very efficient and got right through it. They finished within four hours. They cleaned up everything and there were no mess. They were very personable especially Jerry, he is a very good guy. They were rated very highly on Angie's List and that is the reason I asked for their service. After they were done with their service, I see why they are rated very highly.

Description of Work
We used the services of A&J Insulation.

Category insulation

Thank you for the nice review!

12/30/2014

Arlene L.

The 6-man crew spent 8 hours doing the job. They worked well past quitting time to finish in 1 day. They were friendly and organized. They cleaned up after they were finished.

Description of Work
The workers removed improperly placed insulation from knee wall slopes (from a previous owner), and reused it on interior kneewalls in attic, bagging up excess. They put energy control cellulose insulation under kneewall floors; dense packed by drilling holes and plugging. They revented 2 bath fans. They built 3 hatches (entries to kneewall attic spaces) out of plywood. They caulked cold air returns in basement. They hauled away garbage.

Category insulation

Thank you for the work and the nice review.

12/30/2014

Sarah K.

They were very professional and we got the value of what we paid.

Description of Work
Insulation on rental property.

Category insulation

Thank you for the work and the nice review.

12/18/2014

Robert M.

First of all I want to compliment Jerry for a job well done..........The job was done in 3 days by Rob and Blake.......Jerry, you told me you were sending 4 men to do the job, but only 2 worked, the other 2(Sy and Chris didn't do anything)............Before the men(Rob and Blake) could work in my attic, Jerry had to order a waste bin so Rob and Blake could throw out all things I had accumulated over the years......The first day Rob, Blake and Chris showed up, no Sy...........When Chris saw how much work there was to do in the attic he disappeared and left Rob and Blake to do all the work, Chris never came back that first day............The second day Rob and Blake busted their a**** cleaning out my attic, and lo and behold Chris and Sy showed up about 11:00 AM and only blew in the insulation in one wall.....they spent most of their time bullshitting and smoking cigarettes...........The third day Rob and Blake finished blowing in the insulation in my remaining 3 walls and Rob busted his a** finishing the insulation in my attic floor, Sy and Chris showed up briefly that third day, Sy told me it would be better to put up gables on my house for the attic instead of putting vents on my roof, Chris showed up about 1:30 PM to put the gables on and he collected the rest of the money owed............Now, this is a customers opinion, I was told you only have 4 men working for you, the way I see it is you only have 2 men working for you, they show up on time and start working right away, the other 2 show up whenever they feel like it and when they do they hardly do anything...........Now, you probably paid Sy and Chris more money than Rob and Blake, but in my opinion you should have given all the money to Rob and Blake, especially Rob, because if it wasn't for him nothing would have been done.......No one coerced me into saying this, I observed this by watching them work..........You will probably say that Chris and Sy were working on another job, when I know that they weren't...........But, if this is how you want to run your business, more power to you...........In my opinion, you have 2 men that are stealing from you, Chris and Sy

Description of Work
insulated my walls & attic floor

Category insulation, roofing

Cy no longer works for us and Chris will be disciplined. These things cannot be hidden from the boss. Someone is always going to tell. A phone call would have done the trick though. Thanks for the good rating and for the job.

11/04/2014

Linda W.

When he came out to my home to look at what needed to be done, he told me that there would be extra charges as well as that they would not be able to do this service for at least another month. I could not wait that long for this service.

Description of Work
1,000 Square Feet of Blown-in Insulation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

$770.00 worth of work for $445.00 If that's not good deal i don't know what is. As i have said before, you can't just just show up and blow. If you do that then you could cause a moisture issue. The extra work that we quoted was a few hundred dollars. Money well spent so as not to cause a problem. the money this customer would have spent up front would have saved her thousands over future years paying for our job many times over. Some people get it and some don't. They end up out smarting themselves.

10/30/2014

Frederick D.

Made appointment approx. 1 week in advance. All work done on time. After job finished and inspected, noticed a few areas that needed revisiting. Crew was here promptly next day to correct and re-inspect all work.

Description of Work
Inspected, Estimated and installed insulation for roof, walls, other spaces in c.1885 home.

Category insulation

This customer was a pleasure to work for. The job presented numerous challenges and the customer worked with us to solve those challenges. A somewhat difficult job was made a little easier with mutual respect and patients. Thank you for letting us insulate your home.

09/16/2014

Yvonia D.

There were extra costs that I was not anticipating.

Description of Work
$149 for $500 Worth of Attic Insulation

: o )

09/07/2014

ROBERTA W.

Work was completed in less than a day. Worker was professional and cleaned up when done

Description of Work
additional attic insulation,installed attic vents and baffles

Category insulation

Thank you for the review. The job cost was around $1000.00 not $70,000.00. Maybe you thought they were asking the value of your home? It was a pleasure doing business with you. If you want your walls insulated just give us a call. - jerry

08/04/2014

Sheryl B.

the Jerry was nice I was able to put half down and monthly payments over the next 12 months. This was very helpful for me, I have a lot of work that needs to be done.The two men were very polite and finish the job in a timely manner. I would use them again.

Description of Work
insulated my crawl space

Category insulation

Well, not our best review but thank you for the feedback. You should understand that it costs money to run a company no matter how small the company. You only see a small part of it. and everything ran so smoothly its easy to sit back and take that for granted. We have to pay the workers a fair wage to do the work, insurance for the trucks and the company, keep the trucks in good condition, pay rent and maintain the warehouse that stores the materials (not to mention the small army of people it takes to actually get the materials to the shop). There is gas for the trucks.....and more gas for the trucks..... workmans comp, social security, medicare which the company matches dollar for dollar for each employee, phones, advertising and the list goes on and on. Hopefully i've educated you a little about the facts of how a company operates so you understand that although price is important its value that counts the most. And you should also understand that you paid a fair price for the amount of work that was done. Certainly not deserving such a rating.

07/15/2014

David C.

Company quoted many "up sell" items in which i was not interested in doing.

Category insulation

Sorry about my over zealousness. I was simply responding to all of your questions. That is why i itemized the quote so you can pick and choose the items you would like done. i felt that if i didn't let you know what your options were, how would you know? Personally, i feel this is good customer service. For future reference if you really don't want certain things as you said in your review maybe you could make that clear to the contractor so your not taking up valuable time. Also, you might want to actually look at the quote before you make your complaint because there was not one item on there for $150.00.

06/23/2014

Jerry K.

I contacted the company to mention the Angie's List Big Deal. I was told that if I didn't like the estimate that I could get refunded. An appointment was made and the company representative arrived as scheduled. He did a good job of explaining everything and he was very knowledgeable, but it would cost much more than I can afford to do at this time.

Category insulation

Sorry to hear that you opted out. Thank you for your nice words. Be on the lookout for another Big Deal down the road. Also, consider getting an energy audit through your gas company. It will give you a better idea how much you can save on your energy bills by insulating. Thanks again! -- jerry @ A&J

06/14/2014

matthew T.

Columbia Gas was offering people in the area I live in discounts to get your house insulated. The had a list of people you could use and the first place I looked was Angie's List to see who on their list was on here. That's where I found A&J's. I could not be happier they did a fantastic job! Jerry and his crew could not have been more professional. It was a very hot summer day when they were working in my house felt bad that they were in my attic. Waited to post my review till after winter, the difference after is amazing my house stayed warmer all winter and can only thank the wonderful team at A&J's!

Description of Work
Insulation

Category insulation

Thank you [member name removed] for coming on and telling it like it is. It just goes to show that what we do really works.

Dri-Wall Genie

From new homes to fixing the crack in the ceiling that just keeps getting bigger. With Dri-Wall Genie, not only do you get the flexibility to have drywall hung, finished and painted, but you get quality work every step of the way.

Airlock Insulation

The Leaders of Cellulose Insulation. Joseph Wolf has 32 years of experience in insulating new and existing homes with cellulose spray insulation. He and his father were the first in Northeast Ohio to spray cellulose insulation. Joseph is the lead installer and an owner of the company. Some other benefits of Cellulose: Stops air infiltration - R-value does not measure for air infiltration. (air passes right through fiberglass) Keeps bugs and rodents out Fire Retardant - Class 1 Fire Rating 90% Sound Deadening 100% GREEN - No Toxins

Bill Jackson Roofing Inc

Bill Jackson Roofing is Ohio’s premier roofing contractor. We perform a variety of services including roofing, gutter installation and attic insulation. If you are looking for a roofing contractor for life then you came to the right place. We will make appointments on time because we understand your time is valuable. Let Bill Jackson Roofing Inc., and our 19 years of service perform the quality work you deserve at a fair price. For your convenience you can schedule an appointment below or feel free to call and schedule with our office manager Stacy. I hope our website was easy to maneuver around on and has the information you expected. If you would like us to change or add anything on our site to better serve you your feedback would be much appreciated. We show up when scheduled and perform the work contracted to do.

Offers by Bill Jackson Roofing Inc on Angi
    Satisfaction

Home Diagnostics, Insulation Of Attic & Walls, Specializes In Existing Home Insulation, Ventilation & Ice Prevention, Attics, Side Walls & Crawl Spaces.