Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air

Founded 1928 • With Angi since November 2002

For 88 years, we have served the heating, air conditioning and plumbing needs of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are one of the oldest continuously operating service firms in the area. Our owner is Kris Knochelmann, who's family has been in the business for over 40 years. Our staff of

2022 Super Service Award

The Schneller TeamA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

HVAC Companies (1348)plumbers (309)water heaters (66)sewer cleaning (22)drain cleaning (51)air duct cleaning (46)garage doors (23)well & water pump repair (16)drain pipe installation (7)heating oil company (2)dryer vent cleaning (2)fireplace services (2)

11/23/2022

Darrin N.

It went great. Both the initial assessment/estimate meeting and the installation appointment were completed in a very professional and informative manner. At the end of the assessment appointment, I felt informed with the information required to make an educated decision and after the installation appointment I was confident that the installation was successful and that I was provided with all information necessary going forward. I would definitely hire Schneller Knochelmann again!

Description of Work
HVAC, Hot Water Heater

Work Completed On 11/22/2022

10/12/2022

Tiffany M.

Wonderful. He did great job. Quick and efficient

Description of Work
Replaced inside pipe that lead to outside faucet

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

09/05/2022

Robert F.

Smoothly. The technician called and arrived at his estimated time and completed the work in less than an hour

Description of Work
A/C tuneup

Work Completed On 09/03/2022

07/22/2022

Terry B.

Source of the leak was not previously found but Rick came in and announced that he would find it. He worked tirelessly to dig into the furnace and AC unit, finding the source. He was extremely knowledgeable, personable and did a great job explaining the situation to me. He did not charge us since he was unable to immediately fix the problem. We ended up purchasing a new furnace and AC, in large part, due to the level of service that Rick brought. I highly recommend Rick and Schneller-Knochelman!

Description of Work
AC freezing up and refrigerant leaking

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

07/18/2022

Michael S.

Sam did a great job diagnosing and solving the issue.

Description of Work
Recharge my AC unit

Work Completed On 07/18/2022

07/13/2022

Michelle C.

Contacted Schneller Knockelmann for a estimate to replace both furnace and AC in addition looking for cleaner air. John III came out and did an excellent job listening to what I was looking for and gave me a few different options. John Snowden did a follow up and answered my many questions and was not annoyed like a few other companies were because this is a large purchase and I want to make sure I'm getting what I want and I did a lot of research after each companies proposal. They went above and beyond during the sales process and the installation crew was very professional and respectful and cleaned up everything like they weren't even here. I would recommend them for future needs without any hesitation.

Description of Work
New AC and Furnace

Work Completed On 04/12/2022

07/05/2022

John S.

When the tech (Chad) arrived I had already diagnosed the problem (defective thermocouple) I just wasn’t familiar with the steps necessary to remove and replace it. After 5 minutes of listening to him trying to upsell me to a new HWH for over $2300 also telling me my parts alone to repair mine would be 75% of what it would cost to just do a new unit and would take 2 to 3 days before the parts would arrive. I was shocked at $2300 knowing I could buy a new one at Lowes or Home Depot for a little over $400. At that point I began to get familiar with the repair myself. Long story short I called Ferguson Supply and had a new burner kit in my hand the next morning for $221 tax included and had it installed in about 1 1/2 hours. My HWH works like a champ now. I paid you guys your $99 service call and sent you on your way and you should be ashamed of yourselves in this economy. I was willing to let you guys repair it but that’s not what you wanted, I was hoping to get a reasonable quote, or maybe a little advice on how to go about repairing it myself, but blah, blah, blah happened and I do not at all appreciate it. I am an electrician who sold my business a few years ago and retired. When I arrived at a customers house I had my tool belt in my hand, not an IPAD, and actually (when needed) got down on my knees to ascertain what the problem might be. I didn’t try to take advantage of people like that and hope I never did. Please from now own for the $99 that you collect, give people the respect they deserve and try to help them instead of making yourself rich. Give them options and some good advice as well. Thanks for your service but will not recommend you for anything. I’ll be truthful on the review about punctuality and whatever but you guys make me sick to my stomach

Description of Work
Hot Water Heater Repair

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

06/16/2022

Amy B.

Excellent service ! I was shocked that in the middle of a heat wave , the service call was scheduled the next day. Great service, very professional! We were so impressed we signed up for a service contract!

Description of Work
Air conditioner not cooling well

Work Completed On 06/16/2022

06/01/2022

Jeff G.

The A/C technician, Chris Hinkel, was extremely professional in all areas. He clearly communicated all expectations up-front and continued to communicate progress throughout the entire process. Chris displayed extensive technical knowledge and proficiency in his work. We could not have been happier with his service and representation of his company's values.

Description of Work
Yearly A/C Check-up and Tune-up

Work Completed On 05/31/2022

05/19/2022

Robert V.

Tony is the best-est. But you have to get him a name tag for his shirt. On his name tag he needs five stars.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

05/10/2022

Keith M.

Replaced the water heater in an efficient and timely manner

Description of Work
replaced water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

05/05/2022

Miho S.

At first, they came very late and didn’t do anything except estimate and that estimate didn’t come smoothly. After that the toilet bowl and tank had problems ( we bought them not from them) and finally we got the right items and they installed very well. Some of management ( scheduling) didn’t go well but eventually everything went well.

Description of Work
Toilet installation

Category garage doors, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

05/02/2022

Heather D.

It went very well. He was very informative and personable. Answered all my questions and told me what he was doing and how it went. Would hire again. Highly recommend. Always a good experience with this company!

Description of Work
AC preventative maintenance

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

04/18/2022

j N.

Done with efficiency and timeliness

Description of Work
annual AC tuneup

Category garage doors

Work Completed On 04/18/2022

03/15/2022

Robert L.

Chris was very professional. On time and completed work quickly and thourghly. No charge as it was part of contract.

Description of Work
Spring maintenance

Work Completed On 03/15/2022

02/08/2022

Kim H.

Sean did a super job. He got my furnace working within 30 minutes. I have been using Schneller for the last five years. Always responsive, the technicians are knowledgeable and friendly, and always satisfied with all the work that is performed.

Description of Work
Furnace repait

Work Completed On 02/08/2022

02/08/2022

Scott P.

I highly recommend this HVAC company. Their sales personnel and installation are excellent. They offer detailed anaysis, multiple options, and competitive pricing. They took great care in keeping things clean, were very knowledgeable and friendly in answering my questions, completed work quickly despite the rainy conditions and were just plain enjoyable to talk with. We're very pleased with the new modern heat pump systems from Daikin.

Description of Work
Replacement of two heat pumps and air handlers

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

01/31/2022

Rick H.

All was well initially. We have since noticed a minor drip but have not called for them to return as of this date.

Description of Work
several minor plumbing repair plus reseating a toilet.

Category garage doors

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

01/24/2022

Barbara R.

Adam was great. And definitely with thermostat assistance!

Description of Work
Annual furnace review. New air filter, Assistance with wifi thermostat.

Work Completed On 01/24/2022

01/21/2022

Amy D.

I called Knochelmann and requested an appointment for leak detection. I explained to the service agent that I had a leak inside of the house that I had been unable to locate. I scheduled a tech to arrive between 4-6pm. No one showed up during the time frame or bothered to call me. I called at 6 pm and was told my technician was running behind on another call and would reach out to me soon. By 7 pm, I still had not heard from someone. I called again to ask when the technician would arrive. I was then told my technician would not be able to come out because he had tested positive for Covid. So, why did I not receive a call? And why did you tell me the technician was just running late. At that point, I was told the only thing they could do was assign me to a new technician. They could not give me a time frame but promised someone would be out that night. At 8:45 pm, I finally get a call from a technician. He was very nice but asked if he could reschedule me for the next morning. He asked what the problem was and I explained I needed someone to locate a leak. He said they do not provide this service. It is listed as a service on their website and I explained it to the customer service agent when I called. He states he would talk to his boss and get me the name and number of a company that does provide the service. He did call back with a name of a company but the phone number he gave me was for Knochelmann. So, I wasted the better part of day waiting for someone to show up and I am no closer to having the issue resolved.

Description of Work
leak detection

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed]! I apologize for the misunderstanding but after checking all records we don't have you scheduled. I believe the company you booked is "Knochelmann Service Experts" in Sharonville. We are Schneller Knochelmann. I know its a little confusing, but we are two different companies with no affiliation. What happened to you is unacceptable and they should receive the proper feedback. Since your appointment wasn't with us, please remove the review and place it with the correct company. Feel free to give me a call 859-445-0075.

01/10/2022

Rita C.

It went very well. Chris arrived promptly and was knowledgeable and very professional. We were impressed and will be using his services in the future…

Description of Work
Maintenance service and new CO monitor.

Work Completed On 01/10/2022

01/09/2022

Belinda S.

I paid this company $79 for a check up and tune up of my rental property's furnace. The tech told me that during his check up, he noted a crack in the heat exchanger. This, he warned, would result in CO2 escaping. I pointed out that there was a CO2 detector a few feet away from the furnace which hadn't gone off. He replied that maybe the furnace wasn't leaking CO2 yet, but it could at some point. He also claimed that the blower motor was leaking oil and would eventually freeze up from overheating. However, he assured me that he could send out a "comfort specialist" the following week to give me a quote for a brand-new furnace. My BS detector went off at this point. I mean, come on. If the furnace was in such dire shape, shouldn't it had been shut off immediately? As soon as he left, I contacted a different tech, who came out a few days later. (Thankfully, none of my tenants died of CO2 poisoning or from the blower motor catching on fire in the meantime.) The 2nd tech pronounced the furnace to be in perfect working order. When I showed him the write-up from Schneller and Knochelmann, he laughed and told me the heat exchanger was fine, and that even if it were cracked, it would be absolutely impossible for it to leak CO2. (I googled "can cracked heat exchangers cause CO2 leaks" and found several articles confirming that they cannot.) Moreover, he said that the blower motor did not even contain oil, so it would be impossible for it to be leaking any. I contacted the BBB and asked for a full refund of the $79. The service manager refused to refund my money and instead offered to show me pictures of the supposedly cracked heat exchanger. My question was, if the tech took pictures during the tune-up, then why didn't he show them to me when he was finished? And did he really think I was going to take his word for it when the company decided to show me pictures that were supposedly taken over a week earlier? Furthermore, my displeasure at being told that a cracked heat exchanger could leak CO2, when this is categorically false, was not even addressed. At best, the employee was inexperienced in diagnosing problems and misinformed about their possible consequences. At worst, this was a blatant attempt at getting thousands of dollars from a customer by scaring them into making an unnecessary purchase. Neither possibility instills confidence in this company. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Description of Work
Furnace check up and tune up

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

Good morning [Member Name Removed], Our technician's take pictures of the system. You do in fact have a crack in the heat exchanger. I understand how frustrating it can be to learn your system has a cracked heat exchanger and would be happy to come back out and show you the crack.

01/04/2022

Tom J.

The plumber who did the work was professional, courteous, and on time. No issues there. The reason for the rating is the price. $737 to replace a water pressure regulator that took less than 30 minutes to complete seems excessive. The cost did include a performance maintenance agreement, but when I asked about declining it, I was told that the price would not be reduced. Afterwards I checked and found pricing in the $300 - $400 range from competitors for the same service. My mistake for not checking around, but one that I will not repeat again.