Murtland's HVAC

Founded undefined • With Angi since April 2012

Small family owned business, never subcontract work out. Over 15 years experience, 3rd generation heating and cooling company. Service all major brands. We provide financing, 24 hour service, and we have Saturday installation.

HVAC Companies (37)fireplace services (4)gas fireplace repair (3)water heaters (3)gas leak repair (1)plumbers (1)

10/12/2020

Donald P.

The service was phenomenal. He came out same day and finished the job for less than he quoted. He even went to get a part and returned the same day. He was very nice and personable. Well definitely use again!

Description of Work
Heat pump fan wouldn't shut off

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/09/2020

Dave F.

I thought it was my hot water heater. Mark quickly diagnosed it was the saddle valve to my humidifier. There was more wrong with my humidifier. He fixed 4 things related to my humidifier. After speaking to a couple other companies. I was told he charged more than he should. He came on Sunday, which was extra. I have no problem with that. but the rest should have been less according to the other companies.

Description of Work
Repair humidifier valve.

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

06/22/2020

andy P.

Very professional and excellent work. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/22/2020

jarrod M.

It went great. Mark was very professional and had exceptional knowledge of all aspects of the job. He was very informative during the whole process. I really appreciated his timely and professional work.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

02/01/2020

Alisa S.

When I requested Angie's List recommendations for general maintenance HVAC work in my home, 2 popped up that met my criteria. I contacted both. One (Cincinnati Heating, contacted me right away and set up an appointment). The other, Murtland's, never contacted me. After looking at the reviews more closely on the site, I noticed the reviews were very good, but the most recent was from 2017. You may want to check and see if they are still in business. :)

Description of Work
General maintenance on HVAC unit

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

06/23/2017

Patrick T.

It took them a long time to get the job done. They were acceptable.

Description of Work
They did my water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

06/06/2017

Jason K.

The job went well. Mark even fixed the placement of my old downstairs condenser since the last contractor left it at and angle. The HVAC works great and the place was cleaned up as best was possibly (drywall dust from new vents). It took a day longer than what was quoted but that caused no issues as everything was completed before the weekend.

Description of Work
Mark was hired to add HVAC to finished third floor Attic area and to supplement second floor.

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

03/29/2017

jim B.

No problems, came out immediately when A/C stopped working last summer

Description of Work
they do annual maintenance for our HVAC system. Have also done emergency repairs as needed.

Work Completed On 02/22/2017

02/25/2017

Christa K.

Mark is AMAZING. We had job that needed to be done immediately, we called him, he showed up a little while after the call, took care of the job. His pricing is more than reasonable. He is very personable. Look no further, this is your guy!!!!

Work Completed On 02/25/2017

02/13/2017

Bonnie H.

He showed me that there was dust in the pipe and the way they had installed the pipe made it very difficult to get to it he said it should be a trap door in here, he had to take it a part to get to the dust.

Description of Work
He cleaned my furnace, he fixed my screen door.

Work Completed On 11/15/2015

01/14/2017

Wanda P.

pleased with the service. feel furnace was checked out thoroughly.

Description of Work
furnace wasn't working. temp was dropping. Mark came to the house quicker than expected. he spent a couple hours going over the issue. expected to have to replace the furnace but Mark was able to figure out that air wasn't getting through the pleated filter tripping the main switch. he recommended using fiberglass filters instead.

Work Completed On 01/13/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was great to meet you and your mother glad I was able to be of service

11/09/2016

mylissa S.

We shopped around and received several bids before finding Murtland's on Angie's List. Mark was quick to visit our home and provide an estimate to replace our HVAC system. The system he proposed for our home was well-priced, and the installation went very smoothly. Mark is professional and personable, and I would absolutely recommend him to others. As for the product itself, our system has been in place for a couple of weeks and we're very happy with it.

Description of Work
Our central air needed to be replaced, but we decided to replace the entire HVAC system due to its age.

Work Completed On 10/25/2016

Thank you melissa it was great working with you iam glad you enjoying you new hvac system and thank you for the good review

10/10/2016

Noah B.

Mark was quick to give me a quote and was able to put the furnace in within days of my request. He was polite, professional, and the installation looks great. Overall I'm very happy, and will definitely recommend to others.

Description of Work
I needed a new gas furnace.

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

06/27/2016

Patrick R.

Mark came on a Sunday, on time and did a amazing job. Clean all the vents and walk through everything he did. I also signed up for his yearly 2 time serving program first includes discounts and no overtime fees.

Description of Work
Summer service on air conditioner. Fix on issue our air conditioner, where the air conditioner was running but an cold air was coming out.

Work Completed On 06/12/2016

07/25/2015

Aruna R.

When I saw water leak close to hot water heater, I called Mark to check on it. He came, diagnosed the issue and provided a solution to the problem that fit my budget too. Then he came to remove the old heater & replaced a new heater. On another occasion when I had a leak from filter in refrigerator (damage) Mark came to my rescue through heavy snowfall on roads. He replaced the filter and went above and beyond to clean the refrigerator and under (illegible).

Description of Work
Mark replaced hot water heater and repaired damaged filter behind the refrigerator.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

06/18/2015

Kathryne B.

I had used Mark Murtland previously. I had purchased a Big Deal 2 years ago to give my AC a checkup. I was impressed not only with his skills but his character (we talked the entire time he worked.) So when my air conditioner quit working over the weekend, I messaged him on Sunday. He responded promptly and came to the house on Monday. He looked over the unit and knew that the motor needed to be replaced. Mark was able to replace the motor almost immediately. Within hours of starting the job, my house was a comfortable temperature again. Mark called throughout the process advising me of his arrival times. He is a conscientious worker wanting to make sure I understood what he was doing and why. I will absolutely choose Murtland HVAC for any future needs I may have in this area. I also wanted to explain why I gave an A in the price category: I did not get several bids to compare. I knew I wanted Mark to do the work. I don't know if his prices were excellent or good. I prefer erring on the side of positive.

Description of Work
My AC stopped cooling my house. Mark checked over inside and out, diagnosed the problem, and then fixed the problem.

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

06/25/2014

Cheryl H.

It went great. I received a competitive bid and quick service, two things I really needed. Mark came and took a day or so to hook up the meter outside, bring it into the house, and then hook up a fireplace, which too a long time to drill through the brick downstairs, underneath the hearth. He put a shut off for the gas and showed me how to operate it. He also asked if I planned to have gas appliances in the future; I said yes, and so he made sure the piping was wide enough to accomodate that. When Duke Energy came to inspect the line, they complimented the quality of the work, especially out by the meter.

Description of Work
Hooked up a new gas meter and brought it into the house, then hooked it up to a fireplace, leaving another line for a future furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/01/2012

05/19/2014

Matt B.

The work was performed on time and on target. The technician accidentally overcharged me and issued a full refund the next day. While that was unnecessary; I appreciate the gesture.

Description of Work
cleaned a/c united and built a custom duct for basement a/c

Work Completed On 11/06/2013

04/18/2014

Karen W.

The job they did was fine, although we did run into a little problem with the Deal at the end. He explained that based on the work he did, I owed him more. It was ultimately determined that the Deal was misprinted, so he ended up honoring the $49.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal, $49 20-point A/C Tune-Up, Cleaning, and Safety Inspection.

Work Completed On 05/22/2013

03/20/2014

Aruna R.

I contacted Mark to diagnose where the water is leaking from as the leak is close to hot water heater and furnace. He offered to come and check out the issue the same day which was helpful . then when he found out that the hot water heater is leaking , he pointed out to where the leak is coming from and gave suggestions to rectify the issue. Then he called next day with the quote for new heater in case i chose to install a new one. I greatly appreciate his professionalism, knowledge and helpful attitude. i called him at least 3 to 4 times to follow up and ask his expert advice since the home owner's insurance was stalling the issue. Then when Mark came to install the new hot water heater, we were faced with the issue of knob breaking off of the heater and water gushing out. Mark handled the situation well and got the situation under control within few minutes. I would definitely recommend Murtland's heating and cooling to my friends and whomever needs a professional who knows the work and can handle situations without a panic.

Description of Work
diagnosed the problem as to where the leak is coming from and rectified the problem

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/05/2014

[removed members name] Thank you for the business and the review on angies list it was great working for you. Thanks Mark

02/18/2014

KATIE F.

We had used Murtland's in the past at home and decided to use him when the warehouse furnace at our business failed to ignite. When the technician diagnosed the problem, he ordered a replacement part and then returned a few days later to instal it. It was really gratifying to have a technician who could actually take something apart and replace it. Too many times these days, service people just sell you a whole new furnace. I can trust Murtland's to give an honest diagnose and not sell me stuff I don't need. It's great to have a company you can trust unreservedly.

Description of Work
The heater in our small warehouse at work wasn't working. Technician diagnosed the problem as a faulty ignition control module.

Work Completed On 02/17/2014

[member name removed] Thank you for the business it was a pleasure working for you and look forward to future business. Thanks Mark

02/03/2014

Naima D.

There were additional charges besides the $2,127 for the Big Deal. They came out right before Thanksgiving to look at my heater because it was out and he tried to actually fix it. But, since it couldn't be repaired, he didn't charge me for the service call visit because I said I just wanted to get it replaced, because I didn't want to spend any more time seeing if it could be fixed as it was already kind of old. That's when I purchased the Big Deal. He was really great to come out around the holidays to take a look. He placed the order for the furnace. It came in the following week and he came in to replace it. He was really nice, really knowledgeable and really caring because he could see I have a child, so he was really dedicated to trying to get that furnace replaced really quickly cause it was one of those cold weeks. He told me everything that he did about what was going on and he did a great job cleaning up afterwards. It was just really great, friendly customer service. Everything's been running great. The heater's specs were included in the deal, but he came out and measured my house to ensure that was the right size to efficiently heat the house. Then they had one of the energy star heaters that run more efficiently and saves energy in the process. He told me I could probably see a good 20% savings on my electric bill.

Description of Work
Murtland's Heating & Cooling had a deal on Angie's List and I called them to replace my furnace. They took the old one out and hauled it away and replaced it with a new one.

Work Completed On 12/04/2013