Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2005

At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes and leaking water heaters. You can count on an expert diagnosis from Mr. Rooter with our camera inspection tools. Then we’ll fix it right the first time, whether it takes HydroScrub® drain cleaning or trenchless pipe repair, with courteous smiles on our faces. There's a reason they call us Mr.® Call your local Mr. Rooter today.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Amenities

C86742
All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

3.7

Matthew P.
04/24/2023
In a bind I contacted Mr. Rooter. Technician Chad Eckman had no knowledge as to the type of product I had, also did not have the proper skills nor tools to complete a job. Tech. Eckman quoted a price of $700+ for a service that averages less than $200. to complete.
Description of Work
Water heater flush
water heater repair
Christen P.
08/16/2018
MR. ROOTER of Cincinnati is an abusive company with a long list of complaints with the BBB to back it up. Long story short, they came to assess a clogged drain, and then assured me they’d be able to unclog it. They then failed to unclog it. Then, instead of just charging me a service fee for coming out, they charged me a full $371.10 for NOT unclogging the drain. Then when I asked to see the service agreement, their supervisor said they’d call the police on me for nonpayment, and they would not allow me to review it. All this as I held my 3 month old baby in my arms. Also, they tried to up sell me with other ways to fix the drain that cost $7,000 and $10,000. I have since found several other reputable companies who charge a fraction of the cost for the exact same fix. If you or someone you know has also had a negative experience with MR ROOTER please send a Facebook message to John Matarese with Chanel 9 to file a complaint. He is very helpful and only needs 3 complaints about a company before he can choose to investigate. Also contact the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General.
Description of Work
Uncolg outdoor window well drain
plumbing, drain cleaning
dawn R.
10/11/2017
The job was done at a fair going rate price with-out further damage to my home or rearranging duct work. I'am very pleased with this job. I was quoted the same price by another plumber and twice the price by Apollo Htg.Air/Plumbing plus the idea the wall would have to be tore out. Unfortunately ,I had to pay for that ungodly quote in the name of finding the right fair contractor etc etc I >am VERY HAPPY with MR. ROOTER.
Description of Work
Needed drain from upstairs toilet to main stack repaired.
Karlena D.
11/06/2015
Called Mr. Rooter about getting a new water heater on 11/03/2015. Someone came out right away and seemed eager to sell the job to us. The water heater we needed had to be special ordered and we were told it would be available for the installer to pick up at noon on 11/04/2015. I had not heard a word from them until I called at 3:00 in the afternoon. I was told the tech had left at 2:00 to pick up the heater. He arrived at our home at 4:00 p.m. It was 7:30 p.m. before the job was finished. Today, 11/05/2015 we discovered a mess in our yard. Our water had to be turned off at the meter for the job. Our meter has been pulled up out of the meter hole and lodged on the edge. There is insulation on the ground around the meter hole and the cover is lying on the ground. I called Mr. Rooter and they said if the tech left the mess he should clean it up. I spoke to the supervisor and he told me he was going home for the weekend so he couldn't come to see the mess. But, someone will be out to clean it up tonight. I'm waiting. Seems like a slow and careless company. 11/05/2015- We had to put the water meter back in the pit and clean up the mess. Today we have no water pressure. Called Mr. Rooter. They will call us to let us know when someone can come out to fix this. Tech didn't come to fix water pressure until 9:30 pm. But his supervisor is going to call me first thing in the morning. 11/06/2015- Noon, still no call from the supervisor. Well, the money is out of our account now. I guess the job is finished. Very unprofessional.
Description of Work
Put in a new water heater
plumbing, water heater repair
Jeffrey N.
11/05/2015
I was very unsatisfied with the company Aquasana recommended to install my whole house water filter. Mr Rooter came to my house last week to hook up the system and my wife arranged her time to make sure she could be there as we really wanted to get the system up and running. They did not install it that day and we were told by the plumber that he would be able to do it on Wednesday however when I called to schedule the appointment they couldn?t come until Thursday. So we cancelled our appointments and re arranged our schedule because it was very important to us to get the system up and running. Mr Rooter was to arrive at 10:00am to begin on the project however they did not arrive and did not call until 11:41am only to tell me the supplies they needed were not available and they wanted to schedule for another day. I was not happy about this as I had planned this on my day off so that it could be completed so they agreed to come over. I spoke with a representative at the company and explained that I did not want them coming over if they didn?t have everything they needed as I wanted the unit hooked up properly, and I wanted it to look nice. She assured me he had everything he needed and was on his way but you could sense the nasty tone in her voice. He did not arrive at my house until around 1 or 2 o?clock and the company made us feel like we were inconveniencing them to do the job they had agreed to do. I kindly asked him to make sure he took off his shoes when entering the house as my wife has a big thing about shoes in the house and he was very rude and swayed his head back again like it was a problem but he reluctantly agreed to wear the covers on his shoes. He did not finish the job until 9:00 pm much longer than we were told it would take when they initially came over. He did not follow our directions about the shoes and he tracked up the carpet with water and concrete dust from the door and back as he just basically ignored our instructions and acted like he owned the place. We just had the carpet cleaned last week. Needless to say my wife was not happy and now we must get the carpet cleaned again. In addition the system appears to be hooked up correctly but it does not look like the picture from the website. The pictures i got was a nice compact setup not taking up much space but the way he did this it is a massive setup that takes up the entire wall in the room. In addition he did not have all the supplies he needed and the unit is not secured to the wall on one side because he didn?t have enough brackets to do so. Then he asked me for a broom for cleanup as he didn?t bring his own. At that point i just wanted him to leave so now I have to clean up the mess with own kitchen broom and then go out an buy a new one tomorrow. I don?t appreciate having to clean up the mess after I spend over 1400 dollars to hook up a system in my home. I am considering sending the whole system back at this point. I will never use them again. Jeff Neltner
Description of Work
Installed whole home water filter.
plumbing, water softeners
Jenny H.
06/08/2015
Nick Gray assessed the pitted copper pipe coming out of our water heater, shut off the water and replaced the section of pipe. The whole project took about an hour and a half. Nick double checked everything after to make sure the water heater was working correctly. He was friendly, professional and knew what he was doing.
Description of Work
Replaced pipe coming out of water heater.
plumbing, water heater repair
Tammy L.
02/07/2014
This company was pathetic. They came out and ran 100' down my sewer line and cleared nothing. The guy them said they would have to water jet it for 700, and they would have to put a clean out in for 1200. Then charged me 185.00 for doing nothing. I call another company and they came in with 200' and cleared the line no problem. Ironically, the clog was about 125' down. I called several companies and they said the typically have 200' on the truck and if not they would send out additional line without additional charge. Mr Rooter also did nothing to clean up after they were done. The other company atleast made an effort
Description of Work
Attempted to clean main sewer line
Lee V.
10/14/2013
The plumber was prompt and polite. I explained what the problem was (whistling pipes in our back-to-back bathrooms upstairs). He said it could be any number of things and was difficult to determine! But it might be a faulty valve in on of our fixtures and the only solution was to randomly replace each valve and see if that was it. When I said it was happening in both our toilets and showers he said that maybe it was the main valve. They could replace that and see if that fixed it. Cost would be roughly $700. I was shocked and said I would need to check into it more. Then plumber walked out of my house without a word! I was waiting to see if he w I called another plumber today who actually opened up the tank to our toilet and determined that the ball c*** needed to be replaced as well as a couple of other small parts. Within 15 minutes he had found the exact source of the problem and knew the solution. Total cost of repair - $180, mostly labor.
Description of Work
I called them to determine why my bathroom pipes were whistling. They had installed new toilets in our home 4 years ago.
Clarence M.
04/08/2013
They did a good job on the sewer clean out. They also checked all the pipes during the water heater installation. They were really tidy - very good at cleaning up after the job.
Description of Work
They installed a water heater. Earlier in Summer they were here to clean roots out of the sewer as well.
Category
water heater repair, sewer cleaning
Kiernan P.
10/25/2012
Mr. Rooter came to our house in March 2012 after our basement flooded. At the time they replaced the pump. Unfortunately, we did not have the sump pump rider on our insurance policy and were not covered for our damages which cost approximately 6k because our basement was finished. September 9, 2012 our basement flooded again. We called the restoration company again (Ohio Valley Restoration who are wonderful to work with) and Mr. Rooter. Coincidentally, the same technician from March was on call that day and showed up to look at the pump. He immediately pulled a 1foot long cable out of the pump which apparently got caught in the propeller and caused it to stop. Once he removed the cable the pump started working. He said “the cable is from previous installation but not his installation”. He said this at least five times and appeared to be pretty nervous. He then removed the now properly functioning pump, and replaced it “at no charge and under warranty”. Dumbfounded, by this because why would you replace something that was damaged to begin with, we refused to sign any document and called the company the next day. I got the runaround from the field manager for a week who initially told me he would gladly give me their liability insurance information but never did. I finally got a hold of the owner who was extremely rude and condescending and was told the technician never should have told us the cable came from installation and that it could’ve gotten into our tank any time. He also told me that they are not required to clear the tanks during installation (which is false). They tried to tell me that this thick, foot long cable, could’ve come into the tank through the ground. WHAT? They said that their technician doesn’t cut any wires during installation and stood by his claim that it must have been before his installation. All of their actions, backpedaling, and contradictions proved to us that they were at fault but refused to work with the customer and help resolve our losses which are again reaching the 6k value. If we thought for any reason that it was not their fault we would not be this upset but now will never use or recommend them and will do the opposite and use “word of mouth” to the fullest extent to make sure no one ever uses this company.
Description of Work
Sump Pump replacement
plumbing, wells

We tried to work with this customer regarding this situation when it occurred. This matter was turned over to our insurance, and after investigating it, they determined that we were not at fault and the matter was turned back over to the homeowner. The first thing we were threatened with was that we were going to have to redo their basement when the technician came out after the incident occurred. All of our attempts to make the situation right equipment wise was met with insistence that we pay to have their basement redone.
Diana C B.
10/18/2012
I have had them out several times and have been happy with their service. They provide lots of discounts as well. They are professional and respond in a timely fashion. All the technicians have always cleaned up well and I've never had any problems.
Description of Work
They replaced my sump pump.
Michael F.
08/14/2012
*UPDATE* - After complaining loudly on Twitter, I finally received a phone call. The plumber who was originally dispatched is no longer with the company. Unfortunately, it was just an offer to pick up where they left off with a free video inspection of the line, which is not acceptable. I live in an old house with a lot of trees. Many houses in the neighborhood require that the sewer lines be cleaned out of roots every few years. I have used Mr. Rooter in the past, and I thought their service was reasonable. On this occasion, the plumber began to snake the line as has been done in the past. After a few minutes, he gave up and claimed that the line could not be cleared with an auger. He then started discussing excavating the outside of the house. I was skeptical, and told him to draw up an estimate for that work and to get back to me. I was still charged full price for having the sewer line cleaned, even though it was NOT successful. The next day, I called another plumber who arrived with an auger twice the size as the one Mr. Rooter brought in. The line was cleared within 30 minutes, at half the cost. I have complained to the corporate office, but have not received a satisfactory response. Stay away from Mr. Rooter.
Description of Work
Clean out of sewer lines in the basement.
Shirley K.
02/09/2012
They charged $1500.00 to dig a 10 ft wide X 3 ft deep trench, and they were here only two hours. They were way over-priced. They left a mess, and I ended up putting the dirt back in and smoothing it out. I would definitely not use them again. It took them a week to get here, and they charged twice as much as they should have.
Description of Work
We had a leak in the septic tank.
plumbing

All of Mr Rooter Plumbing pricing is up front. All costs are explained to the customer and signed off on before work is begun. Any questions or hesitations should be voiced before we start the work, and before the invoice is signed off on, and of course we would address any issues that you have. It is our policy that all dirt is back filled with what was removed and mounded for settling. As for the work taking 2 hours, we strive to be efficient in our processes, and we do not charge by the hour, we have set rates, which again, was signed off on before we started any work at the home.
Randy M.
12/22/2011
Great!! Installed and cleaned up!
Description of Work
Had a second sump pump installed. Really should have done this years ago! I can quit looking dowqn the steps every time it rains!! They did an excellent job! Looks great! Having them back soon to clean out the original and complete it the same as the second.
GLADYS B.
06/29/2011
The work itself worked. The person that contacted me when I had called the company to see what the problem was and what I needed, I really didn’t feel good about the way he handled the situation. I called early in the day and wanted someone out that day, and he didn’t call me back till it was almost getting dark. He didn’t seem to be interested in doing the work after I explained the situation. I really wasn’t satisfied with that because they didn’t send anyone out till the next day. The work itself was good and effective. If I have another problem I probably won’t be calling them, it's not the person's fault who did the work, just the way the situation was handled.
Description of Work
They opened an outside drain for me that was on my patio.
drain pipe

I'm very sorry that you were unsatisfied by the way your call was taken. I can assure you that we always try to get back with our customer as soon as possible. It sounds like we dropped the ball for you and we would like to be able to help you in the future.
Shelly L.
06/29/2011
The work turned out just fine. They are very nice people. Their response time is good; they came out the same day I called.
Description of Work
They fixed some plumbing issues for me.
Aracelia A.
06/28/2011
The work was good. They always fix the problem. In general, they respond quickly, which is also good. I have used this company many times over the years.
Description of Work
They fixed some plumbing issues.
Jason H.
06/28/2011
They did good work. I was happy with the service they provided and I will continue to do business with them.
Description of Work
They did a whole house inspection of my plumbing system and fixed a couple minor issues. I have a contract with this company for the whole house inspection once a year.
SUZANNE L.
06/27/2011
The work turned out a lot more expensive then what they quoted me. They kept adding and adding issues to charge me for. I would not use this service provider again. I was very upset with the whole situation.
Description of Work
I had called them because our hot water tank was leaking. So they quoted me a price for a new tank and to install it. Something that would of cost $700 ended up costing close to $3000 because they kept claiming my drain was blocked and other various issues to add on fees.
Category
plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

At Mr Rooter Plumbing, our policy is to have up front pricing. We do not start any work before we have an authorization signature on the invoice, and we do not do any other work without the express permission from our homeowners. If there are any questions regarding work that's to be done or pricing of that work, of course we will go through it line by line with you.
KENT W.
06/27/2011
They did a good jog. Once they figured out the problem in the basement, the job went great. They also showed me some liquid to put down the drain for the future.
Description of Work
They unclogged a drain in the basement that was overflowing. They also unclogged other drains around the house.
plumbing, drain cleaning
Patricia L.
06/27/2011
The work turned out fine. They were quick and in and out.
Description of Work
They did some plumbing work with my bathtub. I believe they installed a new faucet in the bathtub.
David H.
06/27/2011
It’s always been excellent and I am always pleased with this company. When my basement flooded, they were able to come right away and take care of the problem, instead of waiting till the next day like other companies wanted to do.. We use them regularly. They are the people that rely on and trust.
Description of Work
They have done various plumbing issues for me. I have spent anything from $150 to $800 depending on the job done.
Janet M.
06/27/2011
They were expensive; I just didn’t have time to search around. They may have done good work, but I think they may have over priced themselves. I won’t call them again.
Description of Work
They replaced my drain in my yard because roots from my trees had damaged it and I had gotten water in my house. They had left part of the old drain there. My neighbor was able to fix the work and take out the old drain.
drain pipe

Our policy is to have up front pricing at Mr Rooter Plumbing. We do not charge for estimates, and we encourage all homeowners to thoroughly research their options. We do not start any work without a signed invoice with a price on it from the homeowner, so the homeowner would have full knowledge of price before we start any job. Also, if there were any issues with a left over drain, we would have immediately had someone come out to take care of that if we had been notified.
David H.
06/20/2011
They have done very good work for me. I have used them several times and they do good work. I had reset the toilet and put the washers in the wrong place, so the tank was not holding the water. They diagnosed that very quickly. It was still cheaper to do it this way than to reset the toilets. I am capable of resetting the toilet but I am not too capable of reassembling the toilet after it has been reset. I am now because I have been educated after that experience. We had more basic problems at one point. We had problems with connection of water supply. This is a house which was put together by a corner cutting contractor so there are little things that could go wrong all the time. It was clearly a corner cutting contractor and that's why we have a problem with the toilet downstairs. All the other problems around the house have some how been remedied but that toilet. It is a critical toilet because you have to go two flights to get to the other toilet. They have taken care of that and many other issues. They come out every time. I have replaced the carpet with tile downstairs. At 2am in the morning water was seeping in through the entire downstairs family room and I called another company who told me that they could come at 7am in the morning if I want. I hung up with them and called Mr Rooter and they told us they would be here as soon they could get a truck. They diagnosed the problem and repaired it. If I had relied on the other company I would have had a foot of water in the basement rather than just a few spots. Mr Rooter came out on the spot and they got rid of the problem permanently. It makes sense when some one comes out and does something useful and promptly and that's what the other company could not do.
Description of Work
I used the service of Mr Rooter about six months ago to do the toilet downstairs.
Francina A.
06/06/2011
They were pretty nice. We have used them a couple times. They gave us a guarantee on their work. We haven't had any problems yet.
Description of Work
They used a snake to get roots out of our basement that were clogging the drain.

Phone

9772 PRINCETON GLENDALE RD

Cincinnati, OH 45246

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

Remodels & new construction.

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover
Financing Available

FAQ

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati is currently rated 3.7 overall out of 5.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Yes, Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati offers free project estimates.

Yes, Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati offers eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati offers emergency services.

Yes, Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati offers warranties.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Greater Cincinnati offers the following services: Residential and commercial plumbing & drain cleaning including faucets, kitchen sinks, garbage disposals, toilets, bath sinks, gas vents, water softeners, back flow prevention, sewer line, water heaters, clogged drains, pipe repair, septic tanks, video inspections & trench less repairs.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Plumb Tite Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Drains

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Plumb Tite Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Drains

Plumb Tite is a long-standing family owned and operated plumbing company heavily servicing clients in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. A full service company, we specialize in providing residential and commercial service plumbing work of all shapes and sizes. Plumb Tite has rightfully earned the reputation as a highly chosen and referred plumber of choice, along with a number of awards and accolades for our customer service, excellence, growth, ethics and business operations. We believe in providing a better service experience and demonstrating how exceptional a service company should and can operate. We accomplish this with superior customer service and follow-up, expanded business hours including weekends and evenings to meet your busy schedule, real and licensed plumbers who are not only highly skilled but also exceptional at communicating options and solutions for customers, and the most honest and up-front pricing model anywhere. It is our belief that customers deserve better and we intend to provide it each and every time by earning your business instead of simply expecting it. Isn't that the way it should be? With a team of expertly trained and certified master and journeyman plumbers to service our customer’s vast and varied needs, Plumb Tite has truly become synonymous with the original and lasting company logo, Plumbing Done Right!

Complete Plumbing and Drain Services is your full-service plumbing contractor. We are locally owned & veteran operated. We offer the following services for both residential and commercial: new build construction, remodels and renovations, repair and maintenance services, and drain inspection and drain cleaning. Our mission is to provide exceptional plumbing services that exceed our customer's expectations in service, quality and value in the most professional, efficient, and reliable manner.

When you need an emergency plumber or a drain cleaner, call Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup. Your fast & reliable plumber can fix any plumbing problem, including sump pumps, toilet repair, faucet repair, faucet replacement, garbage disposals, water heaters, bathtubs, showers, and outside faucets. Roto-Rooter is best known for drain cleaning & sewer cleaning. We fix drain clogs, clogged toilets or sinks, blockage of main sewer lines, slow draining shower and bathtub drains, sewer lines and leaking or burst pipes. We also specialize in water damage restoration & water cleanup services. We can fix and clean up your flooded basement too. Roto-Rooter is a 24-hour plumber near you and provides emergency service.