We limit customers in lobby to 1 (or 1 family group), we clean touch-points between visits.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Midwest PROTECH LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2010

4471 Bridgetown Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45211

We've been serving the Greater Cincinnati area since 2007 and are located in Bridgetown, Ohio just outside of Cheviot. Our focus is on small business and residential computer repair services, best virus removal process in the business and networking services. We are an Accredited member of the

11/29/2020

Ellen B.

I contacted this company via email TWICE within one week and NEVER received a contact/reply. How on earth did they get to be so highly rated on Angie's List?!?!?!???!!!

Description of Work
Computer Exorcism

Category computer repair

[Member Name Removed], we always respond to emails. If you emailed us twice there is no way you were not contacted back if we receive the email. I apologize for the frustration, but email is not a guaranteed form of communication. There are many times that your email might be caught in a spam filter so the best way to reach us is always by phone. Again we apologize for the frustration, but this is really a very unfair rating of us if all you did was email us. Our phone number is clearly listed in all advertising and web presence locations.

12/14/2018

Michael G.

After spilling a drink on my laptop, my laptop was acting as if the windows key was depressed all the time, making typing impossible. These guys got it working like new again at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Laptop malfunction after spilled drink

08/29/2018

Michael S.

Midwest was very professional and kept me informed, although I had not expected the diagnostic portion of it to take so long - there were several less expensive solutions they attempted before determining that a new motherboard was needed. I do not know if this could have been done more quickly or not. However, my laptop was repaired for less than I had expected for the considerable work they did and replacement of the motherboard.

Description of Work
Laptop battery malfunction diagnosis and repair

Category computer repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the review, we really appreciate your taking the time! Please keep us posted if you ever need anything else down the road. -Rodney

02/05/2018

John S.

They quickly diagnosed the problem and came to a fast, reasonably priced solution. Excellent experience!

Description of Work
Computer wouldn't boot up.

08/11/2017

WANDA H.

Excellent! This is my second time hiring Midwest ProTech, and I won't hesitate to use them again. The work was performed remotely, which was very convenient for me. The estimate of time and cost were very accurate. They are very knowledgeable, fast and very pleasant to work with. I even learned more about what I could do to keep my laptop running smoothly and safely between optimizations. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
My laptop was running slow, and I was also concerned that it had a virus or malware.

Category computer repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your feedback!! We really appreciate it you taking the time and we look forward to working with you again!

06/21/2017

Barbara T.

couple of glitches but they were able to figure it out. Great job. Didn't have to purchase new computers, saved us money and the operating systems are working very nicely now.

Description of Work
upgrade of 2 computers

Category computer repair

Thanks so much for the review, we really appreciate it!

10/06/2016

Diane R.

I think I pretty well described my work done on the block before. On entering their store, I was delighted to see BBB and Angie's List certificates. I was concerned when I went in that I would be dealing with "rumdumbs". These guys were professional and very knowledgeable. They instilled confidence in me completely.

Description of Work
PC crashed completely. It happened while updating Windows 10 and the lid of the pc inadvertently closed stopping the upgrade. There was nothing to do. I let my fingers walk thru the yellow pages. I was amazed at the number of calls I made that didn't seem to know anything. Some constantly had to ask someone else for information. Therefore, when I called Midwest Protech I was pleasantly surprised. I first talked to Rodney who know exactly what I needed, He assured me he could handle it. So I went to Protech on Bridgetown Rd. Again Rodney helped me, He suggested once he got the pc up and running to do a complete optimization on the pc. They found numerous viruses that my current virus protection had missed. All viruses were removed, everything updated etc. Dillion called from Protech to tel me about the viruses and suggested another virus protection which I choose to have installed. If you need a virus protection, ask them about Webroot Enterprise. They do everything. Since I had made the mistake of not backing up the pc (once I downloaded Windows 10) I also got their "brown bag" program which can be used in all pcs. I felt the pricing was reasonable; afterall, you are paying for their knowledge.

03/24/2016

Vickey T.

Combed through PC thoroughly spent time removed a complied user name they did on excellent job make the computer secure. See attached.

Description of Work
All the staff i met were professional. The work done checking the security running a virus scan recommend user name account and all PC settings & setting protection as computer to very secure now.

11/08/2015

Laurel J.

Everyone was courteous and helpful. I received updates via phone. Service was fast, thorough and communication excellent.

Description of Work
Computer "tune up". Virus protection.

11/03/2015

David H.

This was our second experience with Midwest Protech. Even better than first. Only took 3 or 4 days. Problem completely fixed. Virus protection service performed.

Description of Work
Laptop computer could not download updates. Analysed problems, fixed problems, downloaded Windows 10

09/04/2015

Sherry H.

Rated a B for punctuality as he was late for the appointment. But Matt more than made up for it in professionalism and helpfulness. Super friendly and educated me on some things I could do on my own to prevent future problems. I'll definitely use again.

Description of Work
Overall problems with computer running slow. Ran diagnostic tools, cleaned up "garbage".

08/26/2015

BRENDA A.

Although it was close to closing time, Rodney worked 3/4 of an hour to fix my printer - computer connection.

Description of Work
Remotely restored lost network connection of printer after running diagnostics and determining problem.

08/24/2015

WANDA H.

I'm a repeat customer! Each time, I've felt like the most important customer they have! I'm "technologically challenged" and I am so appreciative of the fact that the technician is such a great communicator- he doesn't overwhelm or confuse me with terminology. This is the second computer Midwest PROTECH has "optimized" for me (personal PC and laptop), Both run extremely fast and very smooth after the "tune-up". They also successfully removed a virus from my PC (which is what prompted my first call to them). Also. both times, I've had the most up-to-date anti-virus software installed. All of this has been accomplished remotely, which has been extremely convenient for me since I live across town, You can also walk in for service (they have regular business hours) or they can provide on-site service for a fee (I imagine that's great for businesses) but for me the remote was more convenient - and it was by appointment and I knew ahead of time how long the service would take. What makes this an even better value is their followup - to answer questions or check out an issue. For instance, I'm using a new laptop and I'm still unfamiliar with it and I caused a "glitch" last night that made the machine inoperable. I called this morning and in just a few minutes, Rodney had figured out the issue, resolved it (again by remote) and he educated me as to how to avoid this in the future. He was very patient, not hurried, and when I asked about Internet Explorer, he suggested using Chrome instead, for a better experience. He walked me through the differences (brought them up on my screen so I could see what he was talking about) and then set it up for me, including adding some helpful bookmarks for me. He also gave me some tips on the best way to shut down at night, to extend the life of my battery. I encourage you to look at their website - this is truly a "one-stop shop" - from basic computer service to custom computer builds for individuals and businesses that have specific needs. I even ordered a wireless mouse which they will mail to me, And there is no "hard sell" - just suggestions and recommendations based on what I have mentioned as a concern or an "annoyance" (hence, the wireless mouse!), I'm retired and I want my computer experience to be pleasant and as trouble-free as possible, and this is what I have now! I highly recommend Midwest PROTECH!

Description of Work
Remote computer optimization, troubleshooting and installation of anti-virus/malware software. Price included followup tech support today 8/24/2015 to "undo" a glitch that I had caused last night.

07/20/2015

David W.

Great- Have always taken my laptop to protect great service, clean explanations, and reasonable and very honest.

Description of Work
Had black screen and pop ups.

07/08/2015

Sharon D.

our computer crashed and they took it to their shop to fix. It ended up being a lot worse than they thought it and it took a lot longer to repair than they initially quoted. Not exactly what I expected, however they did finally fix the computer.

Description of Work
computer repair.

Category computer repair

[Member name removed], we sent you a formal letter (excerpts below). Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Obviously we failed to communicate the length of time a repair can take in cases like yours. Hopefully we'll get another chance to show you that we give the highest level of service possible to all our clients. Your computer repair was no exception. Here is an excerpt of the response letter we sent: "We gave you almost 4 hours of complimentary service (between 2 technicians including myself) to restore and salvage your applications and files. Most computer shops would have just reformatted your machine and sent you on your way. There is just no way to do these kinds of repairs quickly.... Our goal is to maintain long term relationships with all our clients and a C rating means we obviously failed to meet your expectations and I apologize....We have almost all A ratings on Angie’s List from over 145 clients and yours is the first C rating we’ve ever received....We have always striven to build long-term relationships with our clients and two-way trust is very important. We hope that in the future, if you have any questions or concerns that you’ll reach out to us directly so we can address them as quickly as possible."

06/22/2015

Dolores D.

Clean well-ordered business place. Technicians who listen to the problem and who speak English in posing a resolution.

Description of Work
Fixed my laptop which was not powering up and did a clean up of my system.

06/15/2015

TOM D.

andbuy a Matt and his techs are available to answer questions and trouble shoot simple but consequential problems at no charge. I buy a block of service time for convenience, and even though I have prepaid, Midwest is quick to respond (no more than 48hrs.) to calls for remote service or to schedule a visit if that is what is needed. They also provide excellent computer "counseling" about how to deal with the constantly changing hardware and digital environment. I have dealt with them for about six years and I am glad that I do no feel the need to shop for service since the equipment is frustrating enough even when it is supposedly working.

Description of Work
remote and on site servicing of business and residential computers: slowdowns, firewall breaches, printer problems, home network lapses and home and business backup failures, much more.

05/10/2015

Gregory G.

Rodney and Matt were very prompt in getting in touch, and was able to check out the system and make the appropriate adjustments without me having to bring the system to them. The company is extremely professional and customer focused, and I would highly recommend them to anyone with a computer software or hardware issue.

Description of Work
Provider solved a complicated issue - linking my desktop calendar to my cel phone. Also used them to for additional services on an older desktop.

05/07/2015

Kevin L.

Having spoken beforehand to understand my needs, Matt showed up early to get started. This was new construction. So Matt had to build everything from scratch. He worked closely with both me and Time Warner Cable to understand our needs and constraints. Working quickly, he overcame countless obstacles, some of which brought on by my ignorance. Now we have a fully functioning internal network(6 computers) with file sharing, printing, etc. He installed public and private wifi, various software programs, and helped us migrate files from old computers to new ones. He took as much or as little time as we needed to explain everything to us. And now, at my request, we have a tool available on our desktop so that he can tackle any future problems remotely, thus savings us money. To date(about 4 months now), we have not had a single problem. I have to reset my internet at home every week, but the office internet and network have worked perfectly every day since Midwest set us up. This whole experience has been great. Thank you!

Description of Work
Installed complete computer and phone network for small business including public and private wifi.

05/06/2015

M Carmo R H.

I really like them. A friend of mine had used them and recommended them. I've used them and my daughter has used them. All the experience I've had with them is excellent. The cost was absolutely reasonable. The attention they give you is very good. Once in a while I call for questions and they are absolutely willing to talk to you and explain things. They are very flexible, they don't look down on you even though you ask them the dumbest questions.

Description of Work
The last time I needed them, my computer was pretty much crushing and I was afraid I was going to have to buy another one. it had all kinds of viruses and crap. It took them a bit of time but they were able to fix it.

03/22/2015

FRED T.

Very professional and quick response. Problem diagnosed in one day with estimate to repair. Repair complete in 2 days. Very good service.

Description of Work
Restored laptop after crash. Upgraded to Windows 7

03/21/2015

SUE & KATHY H.

Rodney worked over the phone and serviced the computer within an hour.

Description of Work
Installing anti virus, cleaning up computer.

03/19/2015

mary eileen M.

It was free. I liked that they really advocate for their customers - they honestly listen and set up the very best for that particular customer and explain why they are doing. They are approachable and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I used Midwest Protech to consult on my computer.

03/06/2015

carol K.

They did it quickly and thoroughly. They came right to the house and took care of it for me. They were very nice people.

Description of Work
They went through my computer and hooked up my printer and got rid of some viruses.

02/12/2015

Martha W.

Excellent. They communicated every step. They were fast.

Description of Work
Removed all files from older PC. Gave me files and hard drive.