MCAARON MARTIN CONSTRUCTION CO

Cincinnati, OH 45219

Family owned business

07/21/2021

Megan J.

McAaron and his team were very professional and got the job done quickly. Our old stone wall in our backyard was in shambles and needed significant repair. McAaron's estimate was lower than other bids and his team's workmanship was fantastic. The wall looks great now! So glad we called him.

Description of Work
Rebuild/repair small stone retaining wall

10/14/2019

William M.

Great job. Took longer than expected, but a great job nonetheless. Thanks

Description of Work
Gravel parking area

06/14/2018

MARY HELEN K.

I called to see if someone could come out to give me an estimate to repair stucco on an exterior wall. Mr. Martin said he was in the area and could stop by. While looking at the wall for an estimate, he suddenly changed his attitude when I said I wanted an estimate. Though he was told on the phone clearly that I wanted an estimate as to the cause of the damage and an estimate for repair. He got very upset, saying he thought it was an emergency and that I dragged him away from another job. All of what he said was not correct. He put me on the defensive where I felt that in order to calm him down, I had to give him a reason why I didn't want the work done immediately. I repeated to him more than once that I wanted just an estimate that day and not for him to start work right away. He said he could do the job for around 2,000-4,000 and that he would mail or drop off an estimate. This was a month ago and never received his estimate or heard from him again. Though his price was about 1/3 to 1/2 that of some other estimates (given on the spot), I would never use him due to his volatile nature from our brief encounter.

Description of Work
Stucco repair

Category stucco

Actually I meet with Mr. Kantis who had indeed informed me prior to my arrival that this was a job he was very interested in getting started right away so I left the job I was currently working on to accommodate his urgency. I never displayed myself unprofessional at any time and do in turn apologize for the estimate not being sent but it was merely an oversight on my part. I do hope that the job was performed by another contractor to your satisfaction.

03/18/2018

Tony S.

Tremendous. Seriously, we could be happier. McAaron is a true craftsman with a lot of integrity. He’s honest, extremely hard working and highly skillful. The extensive work was performed over 3 days and the finish was superb. The stone/mortar work was particularly excellent. At one point the outcome from a portion of our sidewalk renovation wasn’t of a style to match what was there before. He tore it out and made it right. The conclusion was a fabulous sidewalk that sweeps in a beautiful contour and finish. McAaron is an artist and every bit a professional. He will bring beauty to your masonry project and complete your project efficiently. We couldn’t be more grateful.

Description of Work
Retaining walls were collapsing and sidewalk was cracking up and sunken. Service included partial removal of +3ft stone wall and partial replacement of concrete sidewalk. Additional service included 3ft shirt retaining wall and brick wall tuck pointing.

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, stucco, hardscaping

10/24/2017

Cynthia D.

Mr. Martin and crew finished project in 3 1/2 days, a week after I contacted McAaron. All other bids offered concrete blocks, but McAaron built a beautiful stone wall that enhances the property. Fantastic job.

Description of Work
Replace concrete driveway retaining wall

09/10/2016

karthik K.

He gave us a quote which was ~60% the cost of a brand new Allan block wall with permit. The quote was to put the old wall back on using fallen stones and some new stones. I thought that was a bit high for the job, but we were not in a position to put a new wall in. He did the job on time and finished promptly without any delay. His men were professional and fast. He back-filled with some gravel and some construction debris and put new drain tubes. The wall looks good (check picture).

Description of Work
Our 38 foot stone & mortar retaining wall fell after the recent rains and we hired McAaron to repair the wall.

01/18/2015

Shannon S.

Gave a very fair estimate. Crew of skilled masons broke down & rebuilt our stone wall in 2 days - in the middle of winter. Hard working & efficient. So glad to have our wall looking & functioning well! Would hire again.

Description of Work
Rebuilt the stone retaining wall in our driveway

05/10/2014

Ryan R.

Job was perfect! Removed the old 28' foot wall and rebuilt in 2days. Had received multiple quotes with many different options presented. When I tLked with Mc it was clear he was a true craftsman and had a plan to rebuild the wall correctly .

Description of Work
Removed Existing stone retaining and rebuilt wall with proper drange.

08/22/2013

JAMES P M.

This was a project I'd needed to do for several years. The old maple out front was all but dead and had to be removed, along with the massive root base. A tree service cut down the tree and ground down the stump all around and beneath the sidewalk and steps. Martin's crew came in, widened the sidewalk paths, poured concrete base and laid the stone tiles and brick on mortar atop the concrete. Everything is level, even and precision-cut. We get a lot of compliments, and since the improvements are in the front of the house, I get to enjoy what I paid for everytime I come home. Martin is a small, family-owned operation who goes from job to job and doesn't have an office staff to take calls and make appointments. I always caught Martin on his cell on the fly. Once he got started, he and/or his crew saw it straight through, aside from rain days. He always asked if I was happy with various details and was quick to bring to my attention any unexpected developments or unaddressed issues.

Description of Work
Removed sidewalk to front of house and stone retaining wall next to driveway. Replaced sidewalk with Pennsylvania blue stone tiles with red brick edgers. Put in one-step descenders to driveway and out to public sidewalk. Rebuilt stone wall using dry stack method . Filled blacktop into newly enlarged gap between driveway and retaining wall.

07/31/2013

Thomas F.

Made (3) appointments to meet and view project ( 2nd and 3rd rescheduled when he didn't make the 1st; I called him each time, always agreed to accommodate his schedule ); never appeared and never called. In so doing he renounced an opportunity for a project quoted by others at between $25K and $40K.

Description of Work
Retaining wall project

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

05/29/2013

Mark D.

McAaron Martin Construction Co did a fantastic job. They were prompt, courteous, and professional. The repair of my stone retaining wall performed by their team perfectly blended in with the existing wall that had not fallen. They even replaced the fill-dirt behind the newly constructed wall and cleaned up the mess. I also had them repair three stone steps (of seven) leading up to the back yard. I wish I had them repair all 7 steps as their work was beautifully completed. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Repair of a stone retaining wall and stone steps

03/09/2013

jeff G.

My overall impression of them was good because they did what they were supposed to do. They have a lot of business and are tough to get hold of. Once they do get going on the job they usually are in and out really quick. The quality of their work is good.

Description of Work
I used McAaron Martin Construction for some concrete work.

Category concrete repair

03/04/2013

Maurice W L.

McAARON DIDI AN EXCELLENT JOB OF CONSTUCTING A WALL ON BOTH SIDES OF MY DRIVEWAY AND WOULD USE THEM AGAIN ON FUTURE WORK.

Description of Work
McAARON DID AN EXCELLENT JOB IN PERFORMING A MASONRY JOB FOR ME. THEY USED QUALITY MATERIALS AND EXHIBITED PROFESSIONALISM IN EVERY MANNER. I WOULD USE THEM IF I NEEDED OTHER WORK DONE.

10/16/2012

Georgia B.

Mr. Martin arrived when he said he would, gave me an estimate for the work (explained how he would do the steps and wall) and when the work would be done. Mr. Martin and his crew arrived on time, did the work required and cleaned up after the work was finished. I am very pleased with his work and would highly recommend his company to my friends.

Description of Work
Small retaining wall and stone steps.

05/21/2012

John A.

Job took about 3 days and along the way we had to deal with removing a small specimin tree that just didn't fit in the final layout and a big old stump that had been hidden in the ivy. Again, I worked with Mac while he was doing the project to make decisions on the fly and get just the outcome I was looking for. We ended up building the end of the wall just a bit bigger than planned, but I happened to have stones available from tearing out an old planting bed in the back yard and Mac was able to use them without needing to buy more stones. So I got rid of some excess stones and Mac did not charge me anything extra for the work to make the wall just right. Mac isn't always the best at giving a formal quote. He is more of a handshake kind of guy. I suggest working with him on a hand drawing and getting the bid written down so that both parties remember what was agreed to. He will wrte up a formal quote if you ask him to, though.

Description of Work
We have done work with Mac for 10 years or so. He is a great stone mason and has been doing it for a long time. On this occasion, it was removal of an old stone walkway and steps that were badly deteriorated. We simply replaced them with concrete which McAaron poured. We also have a stone wall on the side of the driveway which Mac tore down part of it to make way for a basketball goal for our boys and rebuild the wall to accomodate. It is helpful if you have your own ideas and can at least roughly draw them on paper. Mac and I work well together and he never seems to mind if I help direct the effort while he is doing the job to make sure I get just the look I want. We are planning another job to redo the driveway and widen it from one car to two. We will need to rebuild an existing wall and add a small wall to accomodate the slope of the yard at the front of the steps he built last year to make way for two car widths. We did a very similar project with Mac at our old house and I really liked the results. So we are going to do a similar design again. Cost estimate is around $13k and we will start in June by doing the walls first then come back and concrete the driveway shortly thereafter.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, masonry, pavers, gravel

06/10/2010

Larry G.

I spent about $1500 on that work. He does great work.

Description of Work
I used MaAaron Martin Construction Co. last year and the year before that for concrete and masonry work. The last time I used him was last week for concrete work which included digging up front of the foundation to fix a gutter that was moving.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair

04/13/2010

Rick S.

They have done lot of work in the neighborhood, so I knew about them. They do quality work. Their bid was lower than another one that I got. I chose them based on their reputation and the price. They had a huge crew that came for the job. They did the job so quickly that I was shocked. They finished the job in five days. The owner expected the whole part of the wall to have a footer that he could use, but it turned out that there wasn’t one. The price changed a bit because of this, but he still gave us a price that he thought was fair. Their voicemail system is not very good. Sometimes it takes time for them to get back to me.

Description of Work
I used Mcaaron Martin Construction Co. to completely demolish and rebuild a wall. They built three steps and repaired another wall.

04/20/2009

John S.

We hired McAaron and his crew to rebuild a collapsed dry-stack stone wall in the rear of our home, and also to tear out and repair a section of a mortared stone wall along our driveway that was was done poorly by a prior contractor. I left a message at his office requesting an estimate, which McAaron returned within the hour. He stopped by that afternoon, and provided an estimate that was significantly lower than the competing bid I received. He began the work the next day by tearing out all of the stone to be rebuilt, stating he's return to finish the rear wall the following afternoon. The next morning(a Thursday)he called to sat he wouldn't return until Tuesday, which disappointed me a bit. However, he called on Easter Sunday asking if he could work, and he and his crew stayed from 10 a.m. until 7 that evening, finishing the majority of the project, and completed the job the next day. The walls look fabulous; better, in fact, than the originals. Clean-up was as good or better than expected. Very good work, great price, and I'm happy to recommend MacAaron and his company.

Description of Work
Rebuilt collapsed dry stack and mortared stone walls.

10/13/2008

Kevin K.

Absolutely wonderful experience. As it turns out, Mr Martin knows my area quite well. There are testaments to his craftsmanship still standing after 30 years just down the street from me. He was very friendly on the phone and came out quickly to give an estimate. The number was so good I agreed on the spot. The next day he was out clearing and preparing the land for our new gravel driveway. He was also gracious enough to take the filler and level out an area of our yard that had eroded, thusly killing two birds with one stone. He completed the gravel driveway the same day and we were using it that night. It looks great and has added a missing element to our house. We will certainly use him in the future for any other stone/masonry needs we have around the house.

Description of Work
Clearing/preparation of area in backyard for gravel driveway; gravel driveway creation including rock delivery.

08/06/2008

Lisa H.

Other companies I contacted that don't do this type of work at least had the courtesy to return a call and explain that.

Description of Work
I called to arrange an appointment for an estimate on some work I needed done on a paver driveway and patio. This company never bothered to return my call.

Category hardscaping

06/27/2008

CATHERINE M.

It took about 2 weeks to get an estimate. Then Mr Martin called and arrived for the estimate in 2 hours as promised. He estimated the job and had a crew in the following afternoon for demolition (Friday). He stated the rest would be completed on Wednesday. They arrived as promised. On a hot humid day the crew worked efficiently and completed most work in one day. The following morning they removed concrete frames and cleaned the area, completing the job in about 2 hours.

Description of Work
Replaced asphalt driveway 40'x10'. Repaired one block and a step of concrete sidewalk at side of house. Replaced concrete walk 9'x4' at rear and added step up to back yard. Tuck pointed a section of field stone retaining wall 6'x1.5'.

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

02/07/2008

CATHERINE M.

Mr. Martin returned my initial call within a day, and came to make an estimate the following day. He clearly explained what he proposed to do. Other contractors wanted to take down both walls but Mr. Martin showed me that one needed only minor repairs, saving considerable money. They were careful in removing shrubbery, including a branch that was stuck behind a shutter, and caused no damage. Work was delayed by weather for three days in the middle of the job, otherwise the crew arrived as scheduled and worked quickly. They were polite and businesslike. They cleaned up completely at the end.

Description of Work
Repaired fieldstone retaining walls for driveway: the wall on one side, about 40 ft by 4 feet tall, was taken down to the ground, then rebuilt with tile weep holes for drainage; the wall on the the other side, 40 x 2.5 feet, needed a few stones replaced and tuckpointing. Two large shrubs and ivy were removed, and other shrubs were trimmed back before the walls could be repaired. All debris were removed, and the area was cleaned after completion of the work.

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

01/31/2008

Garnet M.

He did a good job. He came when he said he would and got it done quickly. He cleaned up after himself.

Description of Work
Tuck pointed an existing stone wall.

03/01/2007

NANCY C.

Mr. Martin's office returned my phone call the same day I called. Within 24 hours he had dropped off a proposal for the job. I found Mr. Martin to be fair, honest and reasonable. On February 21st, he started the stone wall repair and had the job completed on February 22nd. I was extremely satisfied with the workmanship and clean up of the job and would use him again and definitely refer him.

Description of Work
Repaired existing stonewall around driveway.

Category masonry, hardscaping

06/13/2006

JOHN B.

Very pleased. Good attention to detail and very careful to keep the sealer on the driveway -- not on plants, walks and house.

Description of Work
The driveway was in pretty bad shape. They filled the large cracks and spread on two coats of sealer.

Category driveway pavers

Hi Tech Duct Cleaning Inc

We are a family-owned duct cleaning company operating out of the Greater Cincinnati area. Let us take care of all of your residential and commercial duct cleaning needs. Hi Tech Duct Cleaning, Inc.'s mission is to provide professionally trained and trustworthy technicians to serve homeowners, customers of heating and air companies, restoration companies and insurance companies with a quality duct cleaning service and a competitive pricing structure that contains no hidden costs.

Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck Pointing, Waterproofing. Our goal is provide you with the best Chimney and Masonry Repairs in the state of Ohio.

Ohio Basement Authority

Ohio Basement Authority, founded in 2009, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Cincinnati and Columbus. Ohio Basement Authority is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Award 2022
    Offers by Ohio Basement Authority on Angi

Masonry,contractor,brick,stone,concrete,block,patios,sidewalks,driveways,water proofing foundations,fireplaces,walls, steps, columns,polyguard installer, stuccoing, tuck pointing, blue stone, cobble stone

Lawn mowing, tree cutting,roofing