Ken Herbert Plumbing

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2013

7811 Cheviot Road

Cincinnati, OH 45247

We have six full time permanent employees. Our Master plumber, Ken has been with us since 05/22/1997. . A diagnostic fee of $79.00 delivers our Licensed & Insured plumbers to your door, with a well stocked truck. Many of the repair parts are generic & in stock in his service truck. Our plumbers are

09/07/2020

Mufaddal F.

Replace garden faucet

Description of Work
Great communication, timeliness, and service. Faucet was replaced to my satisfaction

04/08/2020

Matt A.

They cleaned up well, were courteous and were on-time for the visit.

Description of Work
Piping in kitchen, connected to washer needs torn out and replaced. I'm told it's all to rusted and needs to be completely redone.

07/05/2019

gary P.

The original appointment we had for repair was on Monday, June 3. They called and cancelled approx 1 hour before and said they had to reschedule due to truck breakdown. I understand that breakdowns happen (I drive a big truck myself), but is this the only technician and truck they have? Could they not offer to try to work me in later that day? Rescheduled for Friday, June 7, they came out and made the repair. However, when the technician was done and making out the bill, he said he had problems and could not explain why the temperature control on the faucet was on backwords or reversed. My wife agreed with me for the price we paid, the faucet should be fixed correctly. We scheduled another appointment. The next technician came out and repaired it in only approx 20 minutes. No digging, straightforward, no hard to reach areas. Very easy accessed to make the job quicker. The fee was $268. This Delta faucet has a lifetime warranty, and Delta sent me the repair valve and all parts free of charge. So I paid $268 on a 20 minute job, and I even supplied all the parts.

Description of Work
Replace leaking shower faucet

10/01/2018

N P.

He is one of the better, knowledgeable, reliable and reasonable plumbers I’ve gotten from Angie’s List. I will recommend and continue to use him.

Description of Work
Plumbing Service

03/13/2018

Patricia S.

Great. I was without any water for four days. They took pity on me and had the plumber there within the hour. He performed the work in two hours. His name was Mike. He was great. Thank you Ken Herbert Plumbing.!!

Description of Work
Install waterheater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/21/2017

Aniruddha P.

Arrived promptly, kept me informed and cleaned up properly after.

Description of Work
Plumbing repairs

06/20/2017

Mark F.

Small job. Exposed coppere pipe needed cut off and capped. I was told the price would be $238. Very high, but if I refused, I would have paid the $79 trip fee, then if someone else came out, I would probably have ended up paying the same total amount. The work took 10 minutes from start to finish. Paid the invoice, but inquired about the hourly charge, material cost and trip fee. Was told they don't break an invoice down and 20 minute job or a 3 hour job was not invoiced based on time & material. Apparently, the $79 estimate fee was waived, but I have my doubts. I've used Ken Herbert plumbing in the past and the price was always fair. Material cost at Home Depot would have been under $15, so that leaves roughly $222 for less than 20 minutes , minus whatever overhead charges might be. I know they had a cancellation prior to my appt, so maybe I had to pick up the loss. Would not use again and would advise others to call someone else. Additional note: I did call and inquired about the price and was told that Ken would probably call me back. Ken did not do the work, but nobody called.

Description of Work
Basement remodel. Had some exposed water lines we needed cut back. One needed to be capped and the other needed a refrigerator water line valve added. We were under the gun to get completed so other trades could complete the cabinet and flooring work. 20 minutes of work.

08/19/2016

Allen L.

Plumber diagnosed and was able to fix the leak quickly. Explained and showed me what the issue was so I knew what I was paying for. Would definitely call again for other plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Leaking gasket under toilet.

10/06/2015

Robin F.

Description of Work
Replace bathtub faucet.

Category plumbing, remodeling

06/04/2015

Bruce W.

Description of Work
Checked toilet and adjusted. Checked water softener- OK. Replaced problematic saddle valve in water line with a real shot off valve. Very happy with service and explanation of what was needed. Definitely use in the future

Category plumbing, home remodeling

05/23/2015

Elizabeth W.

It is a big job. He's is absolutely fabulous and his pricing is really reasonable. There is nothing that I could complain about. He is fair. He goes an mile to make sure that on the retro fitting, he doesn't damage any other or require any other unnecessary openings to be made that have to be repaired later. He works well with all the other contractors. If he's asked to figure out a way to make some plumbing not visible he is fabulous in coming up with solutions to hide that in the new design. He just does a really top job. He is here when you need him, he doesn't hold up any other contractors. We have always stayed in touch with him and he is just wonderful to work with. I've paid him 50% of his quote already and I'll pay the rest when the job is complete.

Description of Work
Quote for some major remodeling work he's doing for me that isn't finished yet. It started in February and they should be finishing up within the next week or two. Major master bathroom and kitchen remodel. Incidental laundry room work and powder room work.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, earthquake retrofitting

01/21/2015

Barbara G.

Description of Work
Ken was the subcontractor for the plumbing on our kitchen remodel. It was a very difficult job but he stayed late to get it finished in one day.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

10/14/2014

Amy K.

I called last Friday with a leaking faucet and Mike was able to help me fix it over the phone. He knew instantly what to tell me to do when I described the leak to him. He came back today to install a new faucet and garbage disposal in the home we just moved into. He was very honest when he told me it was a fairly new garbage disposal, a good quality one and did not need replacing. My regular plumber did not return my phone call last Friday when I left a message about the leak. Ken Herbert called within an hour and saved our weekend!

Description of Work
Installed a new faucet

10/07/2014

William P.

Description of Work
Ken the pressure on the inhouse gas lines prior to hooking up to natural gas and completed the plubing between the meter and the inhouse line. He was prompt and professional.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

07/17/2014

Ellen A.

Very well

Description of Work
Sump pump and back up

07/17/2013

Kylee T.

He is professional and did a good job. He was probably the cheapest by far compared to all the other quotes we got.

Description of Work
Ken Herbert Plumbing installed a gas insert for our fireplace.

Category gas logs

06/26/2013

Elizabeth W.

I use them all the time because I have rental properties. He also done things for me in my house. He is reliable, knowledgeable, clean and thorough. He is the only plumber I use right now.

Description of Work
We used the plumbing services of Kent Herbert Plumbing. The last time he was here, he fixed the water line to the ice maker that broke.

02/05/2013

Lyle S.

In the process of having a gas insert installed in our fireplace. In order to convert from wood to gas, we had to have a gas line installed from outside into the firebox. We were very pleased with the job from start to finish. G.W. Hesse was one of the few plumbing companies we contacted who actually returned our calls or referrals. Mr. Hesse contacted the company which was installing the insert to clarify requirements and then gave us an estimate. Work was started and completed the day following our agreeing to have the work done. They arrived when they said they would, worked efficiently, cleaned up afterward and presented a bill that was within the estimate provided. At this point, we couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
Installation of Gas Line to Fireplace

Category plumbing, gas logs

02/02/2013

Anita E.

Ken Herbert of G W Hesse is not only a nice guy, he is very competent and his workmanship is exemplary. Ken is very knowledgeable about plumbing. He started learning about plumbing from his father, who is also a plumber, so knows a lot and clearly explains to the customer what needs to be done and why. Ken has worked on my home and business properties during the last year. At home, he fixed a shower handle that was almost impossible to turn on and off. The job was so spectacular that it now takes practically no force or energy to turn the shower on and off. When I had a toilet that was hard to flush (due to a bad repair job from another plumber), Ken replaced the handle and re-configured the mechanical innards of the toilet so that it now flushes easily. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Repair shower handle that was hard to operate. Repair toilet handle that was hard to operate.

Griffin and Daughters Services

We specialize in water heater services and repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

ET Home Services

ET Home Services is owned and run by brothers, Ed and Tom Lane. We've proudly lived in Northern Kentucky our entire lives, and we collectively have over 40 years of experience in all types of masonry work. We guarantee the quality of our work, and we would be happy to accommodate all of your home service needs. We specialize in Chimney, Fireplace and tuckpointing houses. Whatever you may need, we will provide. We do work around the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region as well as southeastern Indiana.

Plumb Tite, LLC

Plumb Tite is a long-standing family owned and operated plumbing company heavily servicing clients in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. A full service company, we specialize in providing residential and commercial service plumbing work of all shapes and sizes. Plumb Tite has rightfully earned the reputation as a highly chosen and referred plumber of choice, along with a number of awards and accolades for our customer service, excellence, growth, ethics and business operations. We believe in providing a better service experience and demonstrating how exceptional a service company should and can operate. We accomplish this with superior customer service and follow-up, expanded business hours including weekends and evenings to meet your busy schedule, real and licensed plumbers who are not only highly skilled but also exceptional at communicating options and solutions for customers, and the most honest and up-front pricing model anywhere. It is our belief that customers deserve better and we intend to provide it each and every time by earning your business instead of simply expecting it. Isn't that the way it should be? With a team of expertly trained and certified master and journeyman plumbers to service our customer’s vast and varied needs, Plumb Tite has truly become synonymous with the original and lasting company logo, Plumbing Done Right!

2022 Super Service Award

Back-flow installation & testing, winterize homes, furnish and/or install residential & commercial: toilets, kitchen & bathroom, sinks/vanities bath tubs, shower stalls, faucets of all types, kitchen sinks, laundry sinks, tank water heaters, instantaneous water heaters jacuzzi, gas grills, gas lights, gas logs, gas log lighters, diagnostic video camera service, underground pipe locating, downspout drain cleaning and repairs, & sump pump installation and repairs.

Septic tank work.