JOHN HENRY HOMES

10925 REED HARTMAN HWY 312

Cincinnati, OH 45242

05/15/2020

Mark G.

If you want the worst home buying experience in your life, go to John Henry Homes, they have you covered. This builder is a comedy of non-communication, non-response, no measurable customer service, terrible build quality, poor follow through and time lines of months to years that apparently are par for the course after reading the reviews. Please note the actual reviews not the sudden handful of 5 star reviews that are in the middle of all of the 1 star reviews. Seem a little fishy? From their Google reviews to their BBB reviews and rating is all you need to know. I wish I had looked sooner. All you will get is defensive owners who deny any wrong doing on their part. It's unbelievable to think they don't know they sell as shoddy product. after speaking with many in the industry in the Cincinnati area the mention of who I built my home with is often met with eye rolls. The build was a complete and utter joke. Where should I start? Wrong appliances? Check Accent windows that were off center by at least a foot? Check Painted the house the wrong color? Check Installed the wrong mantle? Check Built the kitchen backwards? Check Installed the bathroom in our master closet? Check Master tray ceiling whose lines are wavy and don't even line up to the corners of the room? Check Contractors that are clueless? Check Missed delivery date by months? Check Still waiting for annual walk-through items to be corrected now going on eight months later? Check Still waiting on open items from house close to be corrected (20 months later)? Check When I addressed concerns to my site supervisor it was met with the response of "you have to decide what you're willing to live with." Really, I'm spending this kind of money and I have to live with your mistakes? And on and on and on and on.... I think you get the point. The quality of the build for the money we invested is poor. The materials are the cheapest that can be bought. The craftsmanship is horrible. The house isn't even square in multiple areas such as the baseboards, stairwell, back splash in kitchen, master tray ceiling and master bath doors. I have waited to write this review because I wanted to get the work done but I'm once again working with their Customer service rep and have had no response after multiple emails since February. I have no confidence in them getting this work done let alone in a quality manner so I filed a BBB complaint today to let the state handle it. Perhaps they'll actually respond now? If you decide to work with this company I would caution with buyer beware. The reviews tell me all I need to know and if I had the option to do it over again, I would run. Images included are for reference. You'll enjoy the extensive work that needs to be done for nail pops. Mind you these are listed as touch up items. This is just the stairway, this is all over the entire house. You will absolutely have to budget to repaint the interior again. The rest are a very small sampling of the quality, fit and finish of a half a million dollar home. Feel free to contact if you have any questions or would like more detail. I've saved it all from emails to texts. If I didn't know any better I would've thought I've been on camera. They care about nothing but your money. *EDITED REVIEW AND UPDATE* We are now almost two years past the walk-through to fix the issues from the build and nothing is finished. NOTHING. We've been in the house now for almost 3 years and it's still not finished. JHH are thieves and scammers. They take your money and then never finish the work. They give you a hundred excuses and have the gall to claim they misunderstood or that they tried to get it done. They all blame each other. The drywall is a mess with hundreds of nails pops. They sent out people to fix and the areas repaired are once again showing. The drywall seams are showing everywhere. Apparently they fired the guy that did the drywall which means they know how work was poor but do you think they would correct the house? *SECOND EDIT* We are now five months past the last edit and the work is still not completed. Dealing with the BBB to see if they can assist. Do a Google search with reviews and you'll find my story is no different than the others.

Description of Work
Home Build

01/15/2019

Kelly W.

i cannot stress enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! run and run fast! our newly build home is two years and there is mold everywhere throughout our basement due to a poorly installed shower!!! they have yet to make it right. please please take heed. search the bbb and other sites to back me up.

Description of Work
MOLD ABATEMENT

09/26/2017

Chris D.

Horrible. John Henry Homes is a VERY unprofessional company that has no idea how to deal with customers. This goes all the way to the top. My wife and I were flat out lied to by the owners Jon and Josh Blatt. No one returns phone calls, their subcontractors do shoddy work (our basement has a 4 inch slope over just 10 feet!) and good luck trying to get any warranty work done. It is evident from their actions that they do not care about their customers once they have a signed contract. . When you realize this is how the company that is building YOUR HOME operates, it is quite scary. STRONG BUYER BEWARE for anyone looking at John Henry Homes, take it from a current JHH homeowner and go anywhere else. I would if I could do it all over again.

Description of Work
Home built in 2016

09/21/2016

Jaime A.

Buying this home from John Henry has been a terrible experience. They have not followed through and contractual obligations despite multiple attempts to mitigate. Our cabinet moulding fell off our cabinets within six months, our porch was sliding off the house and they initially painted our house the wrong color. The drywall was never repaired and our dishwasher was not properly installed. When complaints are made no one takes responsibilty and fingers get pointed in every direction. As much as I want neighbors, I feel sorry for anyone who would choose to build with Jon Henry.

Description of Work
We bought a market home from John Henry.

09/13/2015

Mike G.

Horrible Job. Every house on our street had mold and when we notified them about it they brushed us off. Yet they took care of the mold in the homes that hadn't been closed yet. Proof that they don'tt care about you once they close. We are now at the point of involving our attorney and taking the mold issue to the court if they don't mitigate the mold.The entire build from start to finish was the worst experience anyone should go through. The sales man lied multiple times and gave great expectations but delivered way below anyone's standards. The yard is just as bad. The neighborhood is the only good thing they have going for them. I recommend you don't buy John Henry.

Description of Work
WARNING: don't waste your time