Hicon Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2002

93 Caldwell Dr St A

Cincinnati, OH 45216

HICON Inc. is a construction service company formed in 1977. The firm is comprised of three operating divisions: HICON Masonry, HICON Paving and HICON Restoration. HICON Masonry provides unit masonry services for the new construction building market. HICON Paving installs paving stones, brick pavers and segmental retaining walls for homeowners, builders and general contractors on new and existing properties. HICON Restoration furnishes masonry and concrete repair and maintenance services to homeowners, and owners of light commercial properties....

4.4

masonry (125)chimney repair (36)hardscaping (28)chimney cap repair (12)decks & porches (8)foundation repair (5)fireplace services (1)concrete repair (12)lawn & landscaping (6)stone & gravel (4)stucco (2)garage building (2)

03/08/2021

Steven Parrot was my sales representative I work with, and the retaining walls was excellent, quality wise, attention to details was excellent, and I consider the price to be fair. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced the retaining walls on the side of my driveway

Category drywall

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

08/31/2020

Excellent! I had read the many great reviews here and submitted an inquiry through Angie's List. The estimator responded the very next morning. He and the entire crew were very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Hicon and will definitely use them for any future needs.

Description of Work
Travertine pool decking/coping and travertine paver patio installation.

Category garage builders,hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

11/19/2019

All projects were completed with beautiful results. Their masonry division and pavers division both employ professional, seasoned crews who are assigned to the project with experienced foremen. With all of the projects there was meticulous care taken with the work, and they communicated with me about matters that came up along the way. The company was very easy to work with in negotiating the agre...

Description of Work
I had several projects completed over several months time. A back yard patio was rebuilt/reconstructed with pavers, along with a small wall. The front driveway's foundation was reconstructed and a paver driveway installed on top. In addition the front porch was paved, and a step was added at my kitchen door. There was also a paver terrace installed in the area around the front porch; the terrace adjoins the driveway. There were also two small garden walls constructed from stone in the front yard. In addition to the paver work, HiCon also did a significant masonry project; they cleaned, performed repairs, and sealed the brick on the exterior of my home.

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

03/27/2019

They were excellent and very professional. Their price was close to half of what other estimates were. We would highly recommend them and we would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did chimney repair for me.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

11/14/2018

They did an excellent job period. The stone was cut and matched really well to the rest of the stone. Except for the sound of the equipment and the breaking of stone I hardly knew they were there. The worksite was always neat, and everything was cleaned up when they left. They did not ask for any money up front and were very pleasant and professional. This is such a specific type of work that requ...

Description of Work
We needed the top of a stone retaining wall repaired. It was crumbling and some of the stones were loose.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

10/09/2018

My wife and I used HICON Hardscape/Paver division and we are amazed at the work that was done. We have a very tricky landscape with many cuts needed to shape around walkways etc. The HICON team took their and made sure every last detail was perfect. We could not be more happy with the way it looks. Thank you HICON for an amazing job, quick and painless service and a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Removing Concrete Patio Pad & Steps and resetting pavers throughout entire backyard

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

09/26/2018

This was a very large job that I knew would be expensive. I requested quotes from 3 contractors through Angie's list and only 2 responded. Hicon was very responsive while it took me a couple of weeks to get the second estimate. The other contractor would only bid it time and materials and was 3 times the cost of the Hicon's fixed price bid. It took the Hicon crew a couple of weeks to complete the ...

Description of Work
I have approximately 200 feet of concrete pavers that are 15 years old. Some of the pavers had moved and almost half of the edging had come out of the ground. The old sand between the pavers was missing in spots and were filled with weeds. Hicon reset the edging and fixed the those pavers that had moved out of place. They then cleaned, replaced the sand and sealed all the pavers.

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

Review for Hicon Inc - 93 Caldwell Dr, Cincinnati, OH - 37427612

11/25/2017

We could not be more pleased. It is so wonderful to have some steps back and it will be much easier this winter. All the neighbors came by to compliment us. It is so much more welcoming. This was a complex job and HICON figured out the complexities and provided us with both a set of stairs that is functional and beautiful as well. As am additional note, they did follow-up to make sure there was no...

Description of Work
We had HICON dig into our existing retaining walls and create about 11 steps leading down to the sidewalk. This ended up about 6 feet on the Top and spanning out to 8 feet on the Bottom Step, using Concrete Blocks. They used about 4 concrete blocks across. They also used limestone gravel as part of the job. We also had them fix some cement blocks that had started to come loose near our driveway as an additional job. It was $10,670 for the new steps, and an additional $760.00 for repairing the loose pavers.

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

09/07/2017

They did an excellent job. And they actually didn't write in their contract that they were going to paint it when they were done, they did it anyway without charging me extra.

Description of Work
Installed new support rod in my garage

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

08/30/2017

Very expensive. I had hired them to do another job for a previous job but the bid was to high for just the sidewalk.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote for a concrete side walk.

Category concrete repair

Masonry restoration, chimneys, concrete & clay pavers, segmental retaining walls for homeowners & builders, Masonry, concrete repair & maintenance. Stone walls and walkways repaired or rebuilt.