Halpin Plumbing Inc

Founded 1951 • With Angi since January 2003

Since 1951, Halpin Plumbing has been providing Plumbing Experts to the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. Our many skilled plumbers have been providing services in an around the city of Cincinnati for over 60 years. No plumbing problem is too big or small, but just a phone call away. Additional email - Skylar@halpinplumbing.com...

Halpin Trucks

+2 more images

4.4

plumbers (203)drain cleaning (30)sewer cleaning (13)water heaters (11)home remodeling (10)excavating (10)gas leak repair (8)drain pipe installation (4)well & water pump repair (10)small appliance repair (3)HVAC Companies (2)septic tank service (1)

09/22/2022

Charlene S.

Okay job - the plumber came - put his tools in the bathroom then proceeded to tell me it would cost $450 - I supplied the faucet and everything connected with it that was in the box The plumber had a helper with him - it took 1 1/2 hours - the plumber sat there and told the helper what to do- step by step - if the plumber did it himself, it would have only taken 45 minutes- I was never told the cost of the job when I called the office to set it up - I was told after they got here and thought it was high but maybe there was a lot to do / I supplied the faucet and all attachments- all they did was the labor - even with a $50 coupon it still cost $414 with tax / would I do it again - NO - I think it was too high

Description of Work
Replace a faucet on a single bowl bathroom cabinet

Category excavators

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

05/17/2022

Teresa W.

The job went well and we were not overcharged.

Description of Work
Christian Goins did a fantastic job with our plumbing.

Work Completed On 05/17/2022

10/08/2021

BARBARA B.

Better than expected. Not only did the Plumber diagnose and fix the cause of the low shower pressure, but he was curious and found a water leak relating to my toilet and repaired that problem too. Professionalism does not get better than than for a homeowner. Thank you!

Description of Work
Shower pressure low

Cost $458.15

Work Completed On 10/08/2021

06/11/2020

Christopher G.

Great ! Darryl came on time, fully equipped with his two assistants, and jack-hammered the basement floor, removed the old pipe and basement floor drain all the way to the flange beneath the toilet on the first floor with PVC pipe. They also repaired a portion of the 2nd floor toilet drain pipe in the basement, re-poured concrete and smoothed the repaired floor, and cleaned up everything at the end of the job. They ran into an unexpected challenge with the 2nd floor drain pipe repair, but were able to come up with a good solution for it. Terrific job !

Description of Work
The first floor toilet cast iron drain pipe needed to be replaced due to deterioration and clogging.

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Review for Halpin Plumbing Inc - 5177 Fishwick Dr, Cincinnati, OH - 38634524

06/01/2020

Elliot C.

Had them come to primarily look at my sewer line and main stack (old, cast iron) for a second opinion, as well as thoughts on the hot water heater. A team of two guys came, on time (actually, a little early) and seemed nice enough, and seemed to be relatively knowledgeable. Told me I would get a quote in a day or two. Now it’s a full two weeks later. Have called back at least twice to ask them to follow up, and when I would receive the quote, and still, no one has sent it. We are a bit weary about the scope of work the original company we had here said needed to be done, and at that much stuff and the price, wanted to make sure all the work was necessary and priced right. At least they had a quote down a few minutes after they left here. Will not be using Halpin for this project for sure, or any other. Will be getting another company to take a look. Also, not sure a company like this should be promoted on Angies list - it brings your own reputation lower.

Description of Work
Never sent a quote

Category water heater repair, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Hi - I am very sorry this was your first experience with us and that to get a response you needed to resort to writing bad reviews. Hopefully you can see from our other reviews this is an uncommon situation for us and although we do our best to give great service to everyone it seems like your job slipped through the cracks. We have talked to the technician and the office staff for letting this go so long and have made adjustments to help avoid this happening in the future. I know the service manager also reached out to you directly to give you a free quote so you were able to use it in reference to any additional quotes you receive moving forward, though we haven't heard back. Hopefully we can earn your service back one day.

05/20/2020

Darries G.

Thank you Halpin! Called them after hours, team was there within an hour and replaced our dead sump pump. Team was professional and patient while we worked through our home warranty process. Excellent job!

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement

Category small appliance repair, wells

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

01/08/2020

Rachael F.

The scheduler on the phone was easy to work with and got me in quickly. I was given an estimate on the phone which not all companies do- I liked that. The two people who showed up to do the job were able to come even earlier than planned and called me to ask if that was okay which I liked. They were quite professional and I felt comfortable having them in my home and around my family. They worked quickly and cleaned up after themselves- they even went beyond by taking the boxes and old, gross toilets with them. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
replace two toilets

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We are lucky to have a great staff and look forward to working for you in the future!

10/24/2018

Mary K.

Perfect, prompt, polite, very reasonable price .

Description of Work
Toilet replacement

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We look forward to working with you in the future!

08/22/2018

john gregory N.

quite well, very good explanation and install

Description of Work
Replaced old clawfoot tub faucet and shower

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Thanks for reviewing our company - we are glad to hear you were happy with our service. We look forward to helping you in the future!

08/04/2018

Dan M.

Scott was very professional and polite while explaining to me what caused the leak and instead of giving me leap service on how he would fix it, he told me how I could fix the problem all by myself. These are the kind of trustworthy professionals that you hope you find when you have something that needs fixing in your home.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting for leak in shower stall.

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

06/24/2018

Ralph G.

Old fixtures on the bathtub and shower were old and corroded. The tub and shower were otherwise in good shape. A previous company said we needed to replace the bathtub and shower! Got an estimate from Halpin’s (Kevin) who said it would be no problem replacing the fixtures. Fixtures were polished brass and hard to find. On following up with the company, Kevin had left, but Lisa was very helpful. Replacement fixtures were located and promptly ordered. Got a call back to schedule an appointment. The plumber was efficient, professional and very helpful. He promptly installed the new fixtures which were a great match. Even fixed another leaking faucet at no charge! The bill was very reasonable. Definitely would have them back and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace fixtures for obathtub and shower fixtures

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

06/18/2018

Mary G.

The office people were very helpful selecting the faucet we wanted and Adrian the technician they sent out to first diagnose and then replace the faucet was professional , friendly and did a great job.

Description of Work
We had a sink leak and faucet needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

Thanks for the review - it was a pleasure working with you and finding a product that you liked and met your needs! We look forward to working with you in the future.

05/31/2018

cheryl S.

he said he could not fix it.. I found someone that could

Description of Work
checked toiler

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

HI - we looked into your job and saw that due to the age of your toilet, we recommended a replacement instead of sinking money into a repair that may not last as long. We would have been happy to complete the repair if it was the only option you were looking for and apologize for any inconvenience.

02/20/2018

Julie P.

We just bought a house and had some misc plumbing repairs that the home inspector said needed to be addressed. Halpin was the first company that came out to give me an estimate and the only company I had come out. Taylor was punctual, professional and thorough. I will be having Halpin come back to do more jobs for me as I was 100% satisfied with my service!

Description of Work
Misc Plumbing repairs

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience - we look forward to helping you in the future!

01/30/2018

Thomas L.

Taylor did a fabulous job. He has all of the attributes that you want in a plumber: knowledgeable, professional, meticulous, neat, friendly, courteous, explains everything fully ... he exceeded my expectations which is difficult to do usually.

Description of Work
Replaced main water shut off valve and pressure regulator. Installed new kitchen faucet.

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience! Taylor is a great asset to our company and we are lucky to have such a great team. We look forward to helping you in the future.

10/17/2017

Nicholas S.

Plumber converted it to a one-handle Moen unit with a large oval plate to cover the old holes. One drawback is that now I can't control the water volume.

Description of Work
Had a leaking old three-knob shower/tub faucet control with stems that couldn't be removed to change washers.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

Thanks for reviewing our company - unfortunately a lot of new plumbing fixtures have water saving features but we are happy to hear you were pleased with our company and service!

09/25/2017

Marian B.

They got me on the schedule the same day I called! I was grateful; the gas smell was awful. The entire valve had to be removed. Job was done quickly and well. Jame Byrd was my service guy; punctual and a dog lover. He explained everything, but didn't treat me like an idiot. I won't use another plumber now that I have found Halpin.

Description of Work
I had a gas leak from an old stove no longer in use.

Category gas leak repair

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

Thanks for sharing your experience! Being in business over 60 years we rely on happy customers like you.

09/10/2017

Barbara P.

Great! Kevin came to my house and assessed the job and we proceeded. At first I thought it was kind of high but it turned out to be no simple job. I was surprised at the amount of work he had to do to do what I thought would be an easy job - just remove the old faucet and put in the new one -WRONG. It was much more detailed than that. Kevin removed everything and cleaned the whole sink area, took off the bowl and cleaned and caulked it. Looks like a brand new powder room. He cleaned everything up beautifully. As for th outside faucet I can't even calculate the amount of times he had to go to the basement and then outside, down to the basement and then outside. He checked my washer dryer hoses and fixed a leak there. He was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I needed an outside faucet repaired. It had come undone from the brick exterior wall. Also, I needed a faucet replaced in the bathroom.

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

We are so glad to hear Kevin went above and beyond for you. We are lucky to have such a great team and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others!

08/31/2017

Tim D.

Highly recommend! Discussed what we wanted with Rachael on the phone. She told us the brand of faucets they carry so we could go online to pick the one we wanted. They ordered it and had it there in a day. Robert did the installation. He was professional. neat, and knew the proper pipes for faucet to connect inside basement. Great plumbing and unbeatable customer service!

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor faucet with new premium freezeless faucet.

Cost $302.3

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear from the moment you called to the completion of your project you were happy with our service. It is always important to know we are meeting our company standards!

08/21/2017

Melvina C. M.

Very pleased with their service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

Thanks for taking the time to review our company!

08/14/2017

Sylvia J.

The work went really well. I feel that Taylor's work was of a very high quality. Although their prices are not low, I don't think they were prohibitively expensive considering the quality and amount of work performed. They also sent out two people for this work. They did A LOT of work, which including installing a new direct vent hot water heater which required drilling for and adding the vent itself since the older water heater vented through the chimney (and there were problems with that). They replaced two toilets. They shut off a gas line to one fire place that I will be closing off. They performed two diagnostics - the overall home's plumbing and also pressure checked gas lines. They inspected and made recommendations regarding a dated ejector pump system; it needs to be replaced since, although it functions, it is not working at its best. It is an older style system and is carrying the load of quite a bit of lower level waste water from a bathroom and laundry room among other things. They repaired one small leak found in a gas line without charging extra and shut off the other line found to have a small leak, until they can return to repair it. Taylor didn't take the easy route to repairs. One example was that when replacing the exterior hose faucet he discovered an undesirable piping setup inside the wall, so he drilled a new hole to install the new faucet, and properly closed off the other opening. I was not charged extra for these smaller additional projects, or for the extra time Taylor took to perform certain repairs with effort made to do things the best way possible way, rather than the quick and easy way. The work was estimated by Halpin prior to the days of service and a discount on services was offered because I chose a 'package' of work, since I had a lot of work done during one scheduled time period. Taylor and his assistant appeared highly skilled, careful, and meticulous in their work. They prioritized the work well and were organized about how they performed the work. They even checked with me to see if I preferred that they prioritize certain work. They took time to show me some problems they encountered and carefully explained a few matters that showed up in the diagnostics. I had no problems with timeliness; one of the two days Taylor told me that he had an appointment prior to coming to my home, so he might be starting a half hour later or so, but he called me back on the morning in question to say that he would be there at the originally expected time. From office staff to the plumbers (my experience has been with Taylor and with a couple of assistants he has brought with him), I have only good things to say. Taylor and his assistants were very pleasant to have around in my home, and communicated reliably about everything. I will be having them do some additional work in the near future.

Description of Work
Halpin came to the home for an initial review of various matters and the extensive work was just completed over a two-day period. The original estimate overlooked a couple of matters and they were great about responding and adjusting to add the additional work. The work included replacing an old hot water heater with a new direct vent water heater, including drilling for the vent. Two new toilets were installed. A laundry room utility sink was augured to clear the drain. A frost-free hose faucet was installed outside. An all-house diagnostic of the plumbing was performed. Gas lines were inspected by pressure testing for leaks. I recently purchased the home and wanted to have a review of the condition of the home's plumbing, in addition to some specific repairs.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There is no higher compliment to see our customers go out of their way and review our work. Taylor is an awesome part of our team and we are glad he helped you in every area you needed to make your new home ready for you. We are glad to have you as a customer and look forward to working together in the future!

08/14/2017

chad B.

Phenomenal to be honest. Irrigation guy could not figure it out, but Taylor did. This is the second job I've had the pleasure of having Taylor do in my house. The guy is top-shelf!!

Description of Work
Noise in pipes... no one could figure it out. But Taylor came out, figured out the problem, fixed it and did a fantastic job

Work Completed On 08/10/2017