Economy Moving & Storage

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2011

We call ourselves Economy, because in 2010 our countries economy was in no position to take on new companies. We were told that "no one can start a moving service in this recession". We not only started but we jump started and haven't stopped since. That "Whatever it Takes" and "Overcoming the odds" spirit is what drives us today. We strive to separate ourselves from the crowded moving industry by being proactive with social media, YouTube channels, and transparency as a company for all to see. We recognized a flaw within our industry and intend to fix it. Our industry is unique because our customers play such a vital role in the move process. Easily 90 percent of the time customer do their own packing and prep work and the estimates given are based on this being done correctly. The only problem is no one instructs the customers on what is expected of them when taking on this responsibility, as if though it is a secret....

Lovell's Hardwood Flooring

One of greater Cincinnati's only CERTIFIED Angie's List hardwood flooring contractors located in Ft. Thomas, KY. We are family owned and operated. We offer new hardwood floor installation and existing hardwood floor refinishing. Call today for your free in-home estimate. We under promise and over deliver!

Schindler Hardwood

Established in 2005, Schindler Hardwood Inc. is a full-service hardwood flooring company. Ed Schindler is the owner with over 30 years' experience. He is a hands-on owner and still enjoys seeing the finished product.

Weickert's

8 Employees, jobs are priced individually, no travel costs. Weickert's Hardwood Flooring Company requires a deposit to begin work with remaining balance due upon completion.

09/28/2017

Abbie Z.

Everything went smoothly. Amy really worked with me to get me the price and date my family needed to move. Curt and Michael showed up on time and went right to work. They were professional and took good care of our belongings. It was a 90 degree day and they worked diligently to get our move completed. Everything was in good shape when it was unpacked and places in our new house. I will recommend Economy Moving to any of my family and friends that need a moving company in the future.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and heavy boxes

07/19/2016

James C.

07/11/2016

Josh J.

Everything went perfectly. We had 4 guys and they were all extremely polite and friendly and it was very clear that they knew what they were doing and cared about doing a great job. They were efficient and the actual time came in below the quoted time, despite a thunderstorm while they were moving everything into the new place. They took great care to protect each item as well as the floors and walls of both locations. They also checked on the exact location we wanted each piece and made sure we were satisfied with everything before they left. I would definitely use them again and this was so easy that I may consider hiring them to unpack a POD now instead of doing it myself in a few weeks.

Description of Work
Moved all of our furniture and a few boxes from our 4-level townhome to our new house.

09/04/2015

Clinton C.

We called them last minute and they came out and completed the move for us. They were absolutely great! The main guy he was really awesome. They were very friendly and willing to help and our move was a large move and they handled everything at the last minute.

Description of Work
Moving

08/19/2015

Suzette M.

We have lived in the same 7 bedroom house for 37 years, and were moving into a 2 bedroom condo! We have a lot of antiques and family pieces that we were very concerned about transporting, but our moving team took extra precautions with our furniture, wrapping each item with blankets and/or shrink wrap to assure their safety. We had some appliance "shuffles" to do and our movers were very accommodating in helping us with this. Dillon, Brandon, and Curtis were courteous, prompt, respectful, and hardworking. Our move estimate was much less, but we were happy to pay extra for the time it took to wrap each piece to prevent damage, and also extra time was needed to move some appliances that we were "shifting" to our daughter and trading between the new and old house. Their price was reasonable for the 10.5 hours they worked. There was no down time, they worked steadily, with maybe 2 or 3 5-minute breaks. They kept us informed each step of the way, and they were very invested in the move, interested in making sure we were happy each step of the way. I couldn't recommend them more highly. Jennifer, the scheduler, was also helpful and pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and appliances. Set up beds, placed furniture where desired.

09/02/2014

Mary D.

Curt and Sam arrived well within the arrival window they had given us, between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. They called as they were getting ready to head our way to make sure we were ready for them. They arranged the furniture in the truck so expertly that they were able to add a few items that we had intended to move ourselves. When they placed the furniture in our storage unit, they once again arranged it so nicely that there was enough space left in our storage unit for most of what was left in our house. This was fabulous because it meant very little of it had to go to our temporary home with us! I can't say enough good things about these two young men. They were both pleasant and willing to answer questions without being overly talkative to the point of wasting time. Critical when you're paying by the hour! Moving is stressful enough without worrying about your movers. We will need to move again in a few weeks when our house is complete. As soon as we have a move in date, I will be calling to schedule Economy Moving & Storage again. We know they will do a good job for us!

Description of Work
We were moving the bulk of our furniture and household items to storage because we sold our house but our new house wasn't ready yet. We were able to move the small stuff but needed help with the large furniture.

11/16/2013

Lisa W.

I was told they would be there between 8 and 9 am. They called around 8:45 and advised they were on their way. The move went smoothly. The gentlemen were very professional and took EXTRA care of my things. They took extra care to put blankets up where they thought the furniture might hit (ex: doors, corners, floors etc...) They made sure all the furniture was wrapped in blankets. They took apart my bed and kitchen table and reassembled them at the new location. This extra care did add a few minutes to my time but was very well worth the little extra money, besides, the price I was charged was around $20 an hour under any other company. I also had them remove the washer and dryer at the new location and put mine in. They then took a load to a storage unit for me as well. I would HIGHLY recommend them and I will DEFINETELY use them again if I ever decide to move again.

Description of Work
Moved me from Latonia, KY to Delhi, OH

05/07/2013

Frank M.

Excellent

Description of Work
I recently moved from Cincinnati to Florida. I checked many options and decided to go with Economy. I was somewhat concerned because the price was significantly less than quoted from others but I took a chance. I do not regret it. Economy came when they said, were very professional and knew what they were doing. My belonging were shipped and arrived on time. I could not say more. If you are looking to move in the CIncinnati area, try economy. Great, friendly and worth every penny.

08/30/2012

Celeste D.

The move began over an hour later than they scheduled. We were contacted by phone 15 minutes after they were supposed to be at our home telling us they were running late and would be there over an hour after the originally scheduled time. When they arrived they got right to work and worked relatively quickly for several hours. We realized about 5 hours into the move that the original estimate was sorely inadequate. They informed us that the truck sent was not large enough to hold our belongings, so they would need to return to their facility, unload the truck and return to load the rest. They returned 3 hours later and began rushing to load the truck. At this point boxes were dropped and things were tossed (literally) into the truck. Our original estimate was 6-8 hours and $950. 11 hours after they arrived at our home we were handed the bill that was over $1600! My husband gave them his credit card to run over the phone, and was told the 4th time they ran it that it was not a good card. My husband called Visa and was told that they were not entering in the number correctly. The fifth time they ran the card it was finally accepted. At this point we realize that we were charged for the 3 hours it took them to return to their facility and then return to our home because they sent a truck that was too small. I contacted the office to discuss the problematic estimate, but also to ask why we were charged for their transportation time that was a result of their error. We were told that we had more things than they had assumed so the move took longer than they could have estimated and they didn't realize they needed to send 2 trucks. This was frustrating since I had completed with the admin Jennifer their inventory so that she could estimate more accurately the time and cost of the move. When they were contacted to move the belongings out of their storage facility into our new home, they were easy to schedule with, but then called to move the time from the morning (9am) to the afternoon (12:30). This was frustrating as we have small children and would have liked the extra time to settle in before they needed to be put to bed. They arrived on time for the second move and again quickly got to work. We started seeing problems with this move early on. They were rushing and dropping many boxes. When my husband attempted to suggest ways to move things he was told that they were the experts and they knew what they were doing. Soon after that they folded a $1200 king size mattress the wrong way, had one of the men sit on it and strapped it down to carry upstairs. The move back in was supposed to be faster than the move out, and still ended up taking 8 hours and they AGAIN erroneously entered my husband's credit card information several times. I will add here that it was the hottest day of the year and I am sure that impacts the men who are doing the physical labor. It is frustrating, though, to watch as they overload dollies and drop boxes of your belongings off the truck ramp. When the process was over we were missing a dining room chair and had been told by the mattress manufacturer that the mattress was ruined. When I asked the supervisor on the move about this he first told me that I had told him to fold it that way, and when confronted with the fact that that was not true, said they had to fold it to get it up the stairs. When I explained that they had done so incorrectly, and therefore ruined the mattress he said there's no way they can know how to fold every mattress. This was ironic since this is the same individual who had told my husband early in the day that they "were the professionals." When I asked the process to have our damaged items replaced I was told that we would have to take them to court. After opening the boxes we found 3 broken glasses, a broken wall hanging, broken plates and they had severely scratched up the dining room table, my son's bed, scraped 3 walls multiple times and the ceiling 5 times. We contacted the office to let them know that there were problems and were told that she would have to talk with the owner, Antonio, before anything could be done and that she would call us back. 3 calls/messages later, we had still not been contacted. We were, however, contacted to say they had misbilled and needed an additional $200. During this call my husband brought up the fact that we had issues that needed resolved and a time was set for the owner to come to the house. The first appointment was a no show/no call. We were not contacted by the office or the owner to tell us he would not be coming and had to contact the office AGAIN to reschedule. This time the owner did show and told us that they are only liable for $0.60/lb on anything they damage. This was a HUGE shock for me since I had specifically asked the admin for confirmation that if they damage or destroy something that the items would be replaced. I had specifically asked this b/c we have a very large and expensive armoire that we were particularly worried about and wanted to know we were protected. I was assured this was the case. Upon being told this the owner called the admin on his phone and handed the phone to me! When I reminded her of the conversation and the armoire specifically, she stated she would never have said that and that industry standard was $0.60/lb. I shared with him that during a family move a mover had lost a card table and chairs and that the mover purchased a new set to replace the lost set and was told that is not industry standard, that we should have been given $0.60/lb for the set. The owner said he would write us a $200 check for the mattress and that he was very sorry there was nothing he could do about the dining room chair they had lost. BE VERY CAREFUL when looking for a mover and take the time to go over the inventory. It was late, we were being charged $110/hr and we were handed a 5 page document that was the inventory of our home. Hindsight, I should have taken the documents and gone over it room by room to see that they had not left anything off and identified that the $0.60/lb meant that they were not truly responsible for anything they destroy. I am a small business owner and like to send business to other SBO's when I can. After this, I will never use a small mover and will go with a large company that will hopefully be more responsive, professional and responsible for their employees.

Description of Work
We needed our home moved into storage and then moved from storage into our new home.

Category moving companies

Moving is always a stressfull time. Remember to keep your moving cost down, it is up to you to be prepared for your move, and make sure you let your mover know everything you have especially if you only get an estimate over the phone. Lying or misinforming your movers will only hurt you in the long run, it will not save you any money and will only cause your move to cost more because the proper amount of men will not be there. Also any day you chose to move make sure you have the entire day scheduled for your move. Using this particular move as an example, The home owners were completely not ready to go. Things had to be packed such as glass, mirrors, glass shelves, loose items. ect. This should all be done prior to arrival. If your have a washer machine that requires special bolts, this is a third party service and should be done prior to arrival. If you are on a budget and would like to save time, breaking down the beds, tables, and anything that requires disassembly prior to the arrival of your movers will save you money. Your movers will have no problem doing so but this can add a substantial amount of time to any move. In this example having to move items off the dressers, end tables, tables, nightstands, curios, ect., it added a large amount of time, do to the movers having to stop what there doing and clear items out of the way. Those items later get in the way again and slows down progress further when they need to be packed. This is an expensive lesson for the homeowner who only wants to blame the movers and not themselves. For those of you who have packed your own items know how time consuming packing can be and this can easily add a few hours onto any bill. You absolutely need to be careful about what mover you chose. This customer signed for the .60 cents per lb. coverage, not once, not twice, not three times, but 4 times in all and then acted like it came as a suprise and that they were "Mislead". There was no misleading here. 95% of moves go as planned, but things do happen from time to time, in order to protect yourself, you can purchase full coverage insurance, but there is no mover who is going to offer this complimentary with every move. The "missing" chair was never missing at all, ironically we had 5 chairs on our inventory and there were 5 chairs in the home. The customer claimed they also had another storage unit and it "may be in there". We went to inspect the "damage" on the mattress expecting to see a lumpy, busted coiled, ruined mattress, to see a perfeclty heathy mattress. If you ask your movers to make items fit into spaces they are too large for, your movers will do so, but it then becomes your responsibilty. Lessons learned here: Make sure you are ready to be moved. If your on a budget do as much disassembly as possible. Make sure all boxes are PROPERLY packed and taped,(You are responsible for items you pack yourself) BE HONEST with your mover and what you actually have or you will be in for a suprise when the bill comes. KNOW what you are signing, and take the time to check your inventory as it comes off the truck, Rushing your movers will only hurt you at the end of the day. UNDERSTAND that your movers are human and must stop to drink water periodically throughout the day, Nearly twice as much on extremely hot days. To get the best move possible, follow these simple steps above and your next move will be a success. Most of the Horror stories you hear about moves are not the movers at all, It is the LACK OF BEING PREPARED! Last but not least, The amount of time that is estimated for a move is only a best guess. There is no magic formula to know how long a move will take. There are hundreds of variables that can cause a move to take more or less time. As an example a turn in a stairway will add time on to any move. Protect yourself and be prepared for your move. This is the best thing you can do to have a sucessful move.

03/22/2012

Brad B.

They did a good job. They were very friendly and helpful. They actually did get lost, but even with getting lost they were only 20 minutes late. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Economy Moving & Storage to move a few items from one home to another.

Category moving companies

Member, Thank you for your wonderful review. We thoroughly enjoyed servicing your move. We are honored that you allowed us to be a part of the transition to your new home. Thanks again, Economy Moving & Storage

Economy Moving & Storage

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2011

11677 chesterdale rd

Cincinnati, OH 45246

When you Move with Economy, Your not just moving. Your Investing in your Investments. We Pad-Wrap and Protect Every Piece. Protecting your furniture and your most valuable asset, Your Home. Both your old home and new will be Protected as well. Floor Covering, Banisters, Doors, and Door Jambs will be protected. All included in the hourly Rate. You want professional Movers! We're not going to show up and carry one box at a time, We're going to have 3 or 4, maybe more, on our back. If you

Movers that are cheap, slow or inefficient, Low-Ball Estimates, Whining, crying, or complaining, Lolly-gagging around, wasting time, or not caring, 1 carton Martin, Smoke Break Jake, or Texting Toms. If you want any of these services, I encourage you to call our competition. If you want your movers to MOVE with a PURPOSE, and do it Right,then you don't have to make any more phone calls. Quit wasting time calling around, and Let's get MOVING!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Visa