Denny R Painting

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2016

COVID 19 update: Interior estimates along with cleaning and painting are still being done by our company. Please don’t be afraid to reach out and give us a call or message. Cleaning surfaces and using masks are mandatory for the company representatives . Thank you.. By starting out in apartments

interior painting (40)plastering (6)drywall (2)house painting (5)fence company (1)

02/24/2021

Timothy W.

Denny painting did a wonderful job. They were very professional. If I have another painting project at the home. I will not hesitate to call Denny’s R painting . The workmanship was A one .

Description of Work
Painted kitchen cabinets

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Thank you , [Member Name Removed] I really enjoyed working on your home and glad I met you guys.

01/03/2021

Randy M.

Very good paint job done on second floor of home. They are very good in keeping in contact with you regarding scheduling, start day, etc. Any issue you find they will take care of. You should have flexibility in scheduling work as other jobs may have unknown issues, changes in plans etc. It goes with the work. Be clear on what you want done with wall patching etc., as they more perfect you want them in an older home the more work time and cost is added. They were very good in correcting issues that did not show until fresh paint was applied. We recommend them as we would use them again.

Description of Work
Painted second flr of home

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we enjoyed working with you.

11/05/2020

Cheryll M.

Painted 7 areas in my house, along with a few drywall repairs.

Description of Work
They were prompt , easy to work with, cleaned up after they were done. Definitely hiring next time .

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you [Member Name Removed]it was a pleasure to see your rooms transform .

03/23/2020

Jason J.

Great job. Guys were punctual, considerate and met the timeline I needed.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], Can’t wait to help you with your next project.

02/16/2020

jacqueline C.

Did a great job. He sent his worker to paint but he came when completed to see if work was satisfactory. would hire again.

Description of Work
Bedroom and kitchen

Work Completed On 02/16/2020

Thank you, We enjoyed this job, and look forward to helping you again when you are in need of our services, Jacqueline. D.

11/18/2019

barbara M.

He an I scheduled an appointment to get an estimate. He forgot. We scheduled a second appointment. He did not show up.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

I’m Sorry... [Member Name Removed], Sometimes these appointments slip away from me, in this case I saw your date was posted on the following month. I will compensate your trouble with a $150 credit and resolve this issue properly. Please accept my apology and we can go forward to solve and make sure you are satisfied with our work. Apologies, Denny

10/23/2019

susan C.

Great job. Attention to detail was fabulous!! Arrived here when they said, worked hard when they were here. Pleasant attitude and wonderful job. Will have them back and will recommend him every time someone asks for a painters name!!

Description of Work
deck and whole first floor interior

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

08/21/2019

Sarah W.

The painting went very well. The repairs were done well. Denny is quick to respond. A couple mistakes were made, but he fixed them. He was very helpful in choosing the colors for the house. Really nice overall paint job!

Description of Work
Interior painting and wallpaper removal on a house, minor wall repairs

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

Review for Denny R Painting - 4638 Sycamore Rd, Cincinnati, OH - 38058899

Thank you [Member Name Removed], The end result, is stunning compared to where we started. I wish I took before and after on this one.

05/08/2019

JIM P.

Reached out to this company to get a estimate. They replied with email and a date was set but no time was given, 3 days before the appointment I contacted them about a time. They said had no record of this appointment ? I sent their original email back to them and they replied would be out same day as set before between 4-5 pm.The day of appointment, NO ONE SHOWED UP nor did I get a call if there was problem on their end. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

Description of Work
small painting project

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

[Member Name Removed] never did respond to my emails in time for me to make the appointment. If he would have responded the day before I made the appointment we could have done an estimate. I didn’t have his number and the email response was delayed. My hands were tied. Please call me to reschedule and get a chance to give you a credit for your time. Please call directly 5132548967

02/18/2019

Jeffrey N.

This was great. I fielded bids from several contractors and Denny R Painting was one of the lowest. I hired them in part because of price and in part because their schedule fit mine. We had some smoke damage on the ceiling that they primed and painted over and it looks as good as new. Our bathroom was a hideous brown color and now is a beautiful green. Our dining room is now a fabulous yellow-gold. All nicely trimmed up and cut in. They arrived when they said they would, worked quickly (less than two full days), and did an excellent job. I would definitely hire them for my next project.

Description of Work
Painted bathroom, dining room, and living room ceiling

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]

12/29/2018

MARGIE M.

This is the second year we have had Denny come in the fall to paint more areas in the house. He did a great job in 2017 and again this time. We will have him return in 2019 to finish one more area in the house. We would never even consider another painter at this point. Denny does excellent work and offers great suggestions as well.

Description of Work
painting in garage and basement .

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

12/26/2018

Peter T.

Denny did the patching work himself, with which we were very pleased. The painting was done by his two other employees using a combination of spray and brushed on paint. Although the paint itself looks very nice, in the process of moving everything back into place, we discovered several areas that we believe were the result of either improper preparation or lack of attention to detail. 1. Although the painters who sprayed covered the surfaces not to be painted to protect them (shelves, garage floor, etc.), a thin film of white paint that was dustlike in quality remained on the concrete part of the garage floor, on all of the shelves, and on most of the items that were stored on the shelves. It took us almost two hours to sweep this residue off the concrete floor and wipe the shelves and the items on them with damp rags. This would not have been necessary if the spray painters had been more careful. 2. Although the spray painters washed the epoxy floor, there was still paint residue there. This was somewhat corrected by Denny pressure washing the floor, although some of the residue would not come out and remains. 3.. There were paint footprints on our driveway from the workers. We tried to get them out by spraying water on them but were unsuccessful. Denny subsequently removed them using a scrub brush and pressure washing the asphalt driveway. Although the footprints are gone, there are permanent marks on the asphalt from the brushing which can only be corrected by resealing that area.

Description of Work
Parch and paint interior of garage (walls and ceiling) and interior/exterior of garage side door.

Work Completed On 09/07/2018

The employees that worked this job had done well, until this hiccup. They have been let go since this incident. I watched them cover everything and wipe everything after, I came back several times to correct the matter. Even after I personally made sure everything was clean, [Member Name Removed] claims his asphalt is damaged. I offered to seal the driveway and he refused. But, this is a mistake that will not be repeated, I have put a check list of prep and clean up to all my projects to prevent this from ever happening again.

12/03/2018

Karen A.

It went great, Denny called right away and was very easy to work with and all jobs were done professionally.

Description of Work
I had a deck cleaned and stained, bathroom wallpaper removed and 2 bathrooms were painted

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

10/08/2018

Matthew G.

Denny was on time for our first meeting when he quoted the job. His price was competive. He kept me update via text about any potential delays due to weather. He completed the job on time and I was happy with the work. I would definitely use Denny again.

Description of Work
Denny prepped and painted a fire escape on a 3 story building

Category house painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you, Matt it was an interesting challenge, but ended up looking great.

09/24/2018

JACK M.

We are very pleased with the results. They were prompt, courteous and respected our home. Their work was exceedingly thorough. An example of this was that they would touch up things we could not see needed any additional attention. We also learned something. We had intended to do this work ourselves. In preparation, we purchased some paint (rated highly). they used it, on a couple of rooms but it did not cover well and they had to give it an an additional coat. If we ever do this again, we will hire them and trust them to select the best paint to use. (It worked out better that way for the rest of the condo).We would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Painted interior of our condo. (2 bedrooms, living dining area, kitchen, 2 short hallways) and some repair in preparation.

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

04/02/2018

Phil S.

The job was done smoothly. He repaired, sanded the plaster walls. He was very clean and covered the room with drop clothes before the work and cleaned up after the work. He also matched the white paint on the ceiling so there was no need the repaint the entire ceiling for the correct shade of whiteness.

Description of Work
repaired and painted plaster wall on ceilings of bedroom and living room. Repaired and painted plaster wall in study. Repainted the kitchen splash wall.

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

03/22/2018

Patricia F.

Couldn't have asked for anything better

Description of Work
living room painted with ceiling and walls repaired where needed

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

02/20/2018

Sandra A.

The entire job took longer than expected but he worked with my schedule and I had a lot of repairs that he had to complete before painting. Would hire him again and plan to in the near future.

Description of Work
Painting and repairs.

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/31/2018

02/07/2018

Allison M.

I had purchased an Angie's Deal for a "painter for a day for $300" to use towards getting my house ready to sell. Initially we thought we would need a professional painter to paint our stairwell to list the house, but it ended up cleaning up really well. So Denny graciously let us hold on using the deal until we had purchased our new home (some 3-4 months later). He came over to assess the rooms. Stated that he charges $600 per room if ceiling included, $400 per room without ceiling (we needed 3 rooms done) and would charge around $1600 for our foyer. He would then just take the $300 off of that total (since we had already paid $300 3-4 months earlier). But by my math, that meant that the "painter for a day" deal which stated up to 8 hours, meant that he couldn't complete one room in that amount of time. Didn't seem right to me. So we eventually agreed upon him only doing one room under the deal (we paid for the paint) and we did not hire him further to complete the rest of the house. I don't doubt that his prices are fair and he did really good work, it just seemed to me that we could do the rest of it ourselves for cheaper. We may consider hiring him for the foyer, but I will get additional quotes for that job first.

Description of Work
Paint a den that previous owner had painted black

Work Completed On 03/24/2018

11/11/2017

stephen L.

Needed a lot of prep that bled into the time to finish the job.

Description of Work
Living room painted before holidays

Work Completed On 11/11/2017

10/30/2017

James W.

Denny was very responsive and was able to work around challenges in order to get the job done. The quality of the work was much better than I could've done myself.

Description of Work
Needed hot rush painting of a finished construction project, prior to move in.

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

10/14/2017

donald G.

Fantastic! Denny is very professional, knowlegeable and courteous. I love my "new" house! I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
I had the living room, dining room. kitchen, hallway and bathroom painted