Deck & Fence Renewal Systems

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2003

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

431 Ohio Pike Ste 105N

Cincinnati, OH 45255

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Cincinnati's premier deck and fence company. We are family owned and operated since 1998. We specialize in quality Installation, Restoration and major repairs of Decks and Fences. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality workmanship and the best products at a fair price. ...

deck cleaning (159)decks & porches (68)fence company (18)patio enclosures (2)pressure washing (56)house painting (19)concrete driveways (4)dock building (3)pool cleaning (2)hardwood floors (2)

06/02/2021

Gene L.

Deck Renewal Systems delivered a beautiful, quality deck for our home! We are pleased with the outcome. The team was responsive, helped us to select a great material, was able to leverage existing framing (saved us money) and ensured the new deck was reinforced with updated support posts. They even flexed to accommodate our last minute decision to add a patio with another vendor so that the deck and patio worked together. The team was hard working and a pleasure to work with. Definitely recommend if you're looking to add a beautiful deck to your home!

Description of Work
Demo old deck and rebuild new

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Review for Deck & Fence Renewal Systems - 431 Ohio Pike, Cincinnati, OH - 39354169

03/21/2021

Ron M.

This project could not have gone better. The DRS team were professional and performed top quality work. As with all projects there were unexpected issues. They came up with great solutions at reasonable cost. They communicated well throughout the project. I would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Wood deck replacement with composite

Work Completed On 03/20/2021

09/25/2020

Herb B.

Steve and his crew were very professional, prompt, courteous, and went out of their way to do extras such as clean up and carrying items to the rear of my property even though it wasn't their task to do so. The job was done on time and at an excellent price. I would definitely use them again for any project and highly recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
chain link fence

Category fencing,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

07/14/2020

Chris W.

We hired DRS to renew our 25 year old 3-tier deck. Greg and Jen worked with us, very patiently, as we decided what kind of decking and railing we wanted. We chose composite with aluminum rails. They also fixed a leak into our house, by replacing some baseboard. We’ve been trying to repair the leak for years and never would have been able to do what they did. It was a tremendous relief to finally have a fix. Also, they assembled a steel roof, aluminum gazebo kit we purchased. We have never worked with a company that was so professional, does fantastic work and completely cares that their customer is satisfied. We truly enjoy our deck now and highly recommend this company. If we need work on anything else in their area of expertise we would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
Deck Renewal

Category decks,remodeling,deck cleaning,dock building,house painters,sunrooms

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

05/13/2020

Carl D.

They did an excellent job and it was all solid. Their price was reasonable for the quality of work they performed. I will hire them again and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put a deck on my rear porch and poured come concrete with some steps as well.

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

04/16/2020

Michael D.

We were very pleased with DRS. They began the work immediately and worked even sometimes on Sunday and through bitter cold to get the job done. Then crew was great and very helpful in answering any questions we had and taking care of any concerns. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had an old deck torn down and replaced with a new deck made of Trex as well as new railings.

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

04/16/2020

Frank H.

Our project started out as renovating a 16'x14' deck, 6 feet above the backyard grade, that had seen better days. We also had asked for an add-alternate to put a roof over the deck (we have always wanted to enclose it). After we received the quote, which was less than a few others (but not the cheapest), we asked them to provide a quote for converting to a sunroom -- just the shell as we would do the interior ourselves. The price they quoted was fair and reasonable. From demo of the old deck to the completed sunroom took 23 working days (not including rain/snow days -- they started in February). The structure is substantial and the roof tied into the existing house well. They didn't balk when we decided that we wanted to include a skylight or other minor extras. I kept telling Steve and Brandon (our contractors) that they are selling themselves short -- they do so much more than decks and fences, which was one of my concerns before they started. Steve is a fantastic carpenter who takes his time figuring things out and very attentive to the little dettails that makes a good project a great one. Brandon has experience in siding and roofing. And they work so well together, were very respectful and courteous of our property. Greg and Jen in the office are a treat to work with and very responsive -- always returning emails and phone calls right away if they can't pick up. We give this team 5 stars and cannot recommend them highly enough. I'd submit a picture if I could.

Description of Work
Started as deck restoration. Ended as new sunroom.

Category decks,sunrooms

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

Review for Deck & Fence Renewal Systems - 431 Ohio Pike, Cincinnati, OH - 38503348

04/14/2020

Greg K.

I called and requested an estimate on fixing deck, power washing and putting up a fence. I called a week later because I had not heard. The lady on the phone was very rude and said she emailed me the estimate (which I did not get) and I asked how they knew what to do because we didn't know anyone showed up. She said he knew what to do from our conversation. I asked why the tone and she said she took 83 estimates this weekend and wasn't interested in my business and hung up the phone. I would not recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Fence and Deck Repair

Category fencing,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

Are you for real ??? Don't have better things to do ? We are in business to perform jobs to pay the bills like everyone else. Sounds like it worked out the way it was supposed to. i'd say someone has no life

03/20/2020

EDDIE W.

Excellent the men that did the work did a great job very prof. would hire them again.The price was reasonable. My wife was very pleased. She wanted this done for years.Wish we had this done years ago. Thanks for a great job. would recommend to any one.

Description of Work
Hand rails banisters around front porch.

Category decks,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

10/27/2019

Michael N.

It was wonderfully done. All involved did a fantastic job. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repair of yankee gutters and replacement of porch steps.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2019

09/13/2019

Amy H.

Work went very well. Fence looks great. He even added an extra board so my small dog couldn't get out.

Description of Work
We added a section of splitrail fencing to enclose our yard for dogs.

Category fencing

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

09/13/2019

David E.

Excellent from the estimate all the way to the payment processing at the end! Friendly, professional, kind, reasonable, and responsive. 10/10 would hire again! A great local company that we are proud to support. Jen who did our quote was so helpful and efficient, and Sam who was lead on our repairs was a genius when it came to rebuilding. Thanks so much!

Description of Work
Deck repair and resurfacing

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

09/09/2019

Julie D.

It went pretty well! Bill was the man who came and did the work, his craftsmanship was excellent and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Built a new deck

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

08/19/2019

Kevin S.

We recently purchased a house built in 1965 which was in desperate need for flooring repairs. We hired DRS to come out after being referred by our neighbor who had a split rail fence installed by DRS. Their price and quality of service was excellent. Kelly and Kip were very professional and courteous and very knowledgeable. They did a fantastic job refinishing the original hardwood to where it looks brand new. They even replaced our previous ugly linoleum flooring in our kitchen with the closest match to the existing hardwood and you can't even tell where the old and new floors meet. I would highly recommend DRS to others!

Description of Work
Install & Restore Hardwood Flooring

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

08/15/2019

Steve G.

Outstanding professional quality job on time responsive easy to work with and will highly recommend them

Description of Work
deck repair and sealing of decks and prior pressure washed concrete sealing

Category decks,fencing,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

08/04/2019

Kiley L.

Great! We have received numerous compliments! Immediate response to any questions. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Old deck and fence removed. New deck and fence.

Category decks,fencing,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 08/04/2019

08/03/2019

SHERRY M.

We had been given an estimate for replacing 10 boards and refinishing our deck, which we accepted. The work was done, but there are still several places on the deck where it really needed to be sanded down before staining and it wasn't. I wish they had told me that wasn't part of the job - I would have paid extra had I known the deck wouldn't look as good as I had anticipated. I didn't expect it to look brand new, but I had expected it to look better than the end result.

Description of Work
Deck refinishing

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

07/08/2019

Julie D.

The design and structure are nice. It took several attempts for the workers to get the project correct, just minor details. The staining of the deck is hideous. Brush strokes show, blotchy spraying, boards missed. Contacted the company and submitted the photos of the problem areas and was informed, by the owner Greg Peters, there was nothing wrong with it and he was tired of me with the use of inappropriate language. Will never recommend this company due to their lack of professionalism. The workers were nice and worked hard but, we were just asking for the job to be finished correctly and it was not.

Description of Work
Deck and staining

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

Review for Deck & Fence Renewal Systems - 431 Ohio Pike, Cincinnati, OH - 37970461

Angies list users. Take good note of pics... perfect job. This lady is unbelievable. We built a deck, yes there were areas of concern . We fixed everything and welcome anyone to look at the job. We gave her a clean and stain on the deck and pergola at no charge to make up for missing a deadline. Also cleaned her exterior siding and concrete at no charge. We have been in business for 21 years and have always been customer focused and will continue to do so. Some people are just mean spirited and can't take no for an answer. I told her NO AND THIS IS THE RESULT. Good for me

06/22/2019

Edward W.

We are very satisfied with the work and prompt response to our request for help.

Description of Work
Replace Support Column for our Deck.

Work Completed On 06/22/2019

03/10/2019

Adam B.

The company was very responsive from the very beginning. Hardwood floor installation & refinishing was a newly added service to their long list of services offered. They went above and beyond to make us happy. We recently purchased and older home & as first time home owners, we were on a very strict budget. After starting the project of refinishing our Hardwoods, we found that there were two major obstacles; the floors were so badly worn that there was barely any tread left to sand AND a different type of flooring was used on each level of home , oak on main floor and top floor was a sub floor. They conquered all obstacles & were able to give us a ending product we could be proud of without having to lay all new Hardwoods, which most definitely wasn’t in our present budget. They updated us on the project when in a new phase & offered us advice & options. We are very pleased that they could salvedge what was left of our floors. The plus side is they will last us about 15 years & they look great!

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Category hardwood floor,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

Review for Deck & Fence Renewal Systems - 431 Ohio Pike, Cincinnati, OH - 37753830

01/08/2019

Paul V.

They did a great job. The deck is quite sturdy and will probably outlast the house. Cleaned up after themselves. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install small deck

Work Completed On 01/08/2019

01/07/2019

Peter S.

Company crew demolished and removed old railing and fascia, installed new fascia and aluminum railing. The job and the staff in both the work crew and the office far exceeded our expectations. The crew kept us apprised of every step of the project. The job, when complete, left our property spotless. We couldn't have asked for more. The price was well within r the range of other bidders.

Description of Work
Replace railing on deck and stairway

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

12/10/2018

James T.

Greg (owner) was very responsive and even though this was a small job he made sure it was done right. There were a couple issues with the original work, and he got them fixed quickly without giving me a hard time. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Replacing rotted fence posts

Category fencing