Construction Solutions Home Improvement

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2008

At Construction Solutions Home Improvement we treat your home as if it were our own. For over 14 years we've been serving the Greater Cincinnati and Northern KY areas. Tom Bolt, owner/operator, has more than 35 years experience and has helped hundreds of customers with small repairs all the way to

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Loveland Train DepotA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

roofing (27)siding companies (18)gutter repair (14)window replacement (9)door installation (6)chimney repair (2)Patios (1)woodworking (4)interior painting (3)foundation repair (1)mudjacking (1)drain cleaning (1)

08/15/2019

Kristi K.

Service was excellent. They were able to take care of all my items and at a very reasonable price. Other companies charged even more and couldn't even do all the work I wanted. Really liked that they are multi faceted and able to accommodate all the work I needed to get done. Tom, the owner was also very personable and prompt in his communications. Would do business with them again.

Description of Work
Leaky roof, old rusted chimney flashing, and replacement of old siding.

Category roofing, siding, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

08/06/2019

ran Z.

got a quote through text msg and couple calls, set up the time. the person shows up on time, finish quick, repair other issues he saw. definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
siding repair

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

10/28/2018

Bruce S.

Tom Bolt bailed us out of a messy situation created when the original contractor walked off the job after removing siding from my home, leaving it unprotected against the elements. Not only was he willing to complete the work at a very reasonable price, he moved us up in his schedule to get the job done much to the relief of my wife. Tom's crew did top notch work in a reasonable time, showed up as promised (actually started 1/2 day early), respected our property and landscaping, and were courteous, respectful, and patient with us, answering all our questions as they arose. I can't say enough in praise for the job they did and how much we appreciated Tom working us into his full schedule. We had a few contractors try to take advantage of our predicament by quoting almost twice what Tom Bolt's estimate was for. It was very refreshing to encounter a home improvement contractor with his ethics, definitely a stand-up guy. I would not hesitate to recommend his company, Construction Solutions Inc, for any home improvement project that you have, assuming it is a project that falls within their area of competency. I know Tom will be at the head of the line when it is time for us to start another project!

Description of Work
Install siding on my home.

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

04/06/2018

Thomas F.

They took care of the leak, promptly and efficiently.

Description of Work
installation of metal shield behind/above the gutter in the front of the house, caulking and sealing it.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

01/31/2018

Alissa J.

Tom was extremely responsive, very kind and talked us through the whole process. His crew were very nice and respectful and they worked hard all day long. Weather delays put us a bit behind but the job was done carefully and correctly and looks incredible. No more leaks and it’s like we got a new house! My only disappointment is tiny and that’s that due to the rain our back deck got a bit muddy and was left in this state- it’s only accessible from the inside so I didn’t really expect them to clean it but one of the workers had mentioned wanting to do so but it didn’t happen. This is me nitpicking on the smallest level. I would 100% recommend Tom to do any exterior project and if we ever end up installing skylights he will be our first call.

Description of Work
Our original cedar siding was leaking and looked really rough. We received quotes from numerous companies and for various products to re-side our house.

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you so much For the Wonderful Report!!!!! Tom

08/18/2017

Tim D.

Highly recommend this business. So glad I discovered them on Angie's List.They were so professional and knowledgeable through each stage of our project. They were easy and available to communicate with,patiently answered all our questions, addressed any concerns, and followed up with a superb installation. Nice, friendly workers represent their company well!

Description of Work
We had new premium vinyl siding installed on our home.

Work Completed On 08/10/2017

07/25/2017

Tara L.

Obviously that company has not done any work for us.

Description of Work
While I did speak to the owner about evaluating my guttering and gave contact information, he never bothered to call back (now one month later).

Category gutter repair

06/22/2017

Kendrick H.

excellent, Tom was very professional and courteous, Also flexible as I had to delay roof date twice. A great job done.

Description of Work
new roof and gutters with gutter guard

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]!! You were wonderful to work with!!

05/30/2017

Pamela M.

Work was completed in timely fashion, professional and no mess. Totally satisfied Would hire again.

Description of Work
Purchased a deal for roof, gutter and siding maintenance. Needed a gutter reattached and check for loose shingles, etc.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

05/22/2017

Kent M.

Whole thing went great. We've used Construction Solutions for another major job, and were so happy with the first project, we kept them in mind when it was time for a new roof. Got a few quotes a long time ago, and this price was one of the most reasonable, plus we knew we could trust Tom Bolt and his crew. From the very beginning, to the day of the work, Tom and his crew were courteous and punctual. I think it's worth mentioning specifically how clean my property was after the job was finished. Usually after major work, one expects to find things here and there around their house...that's just the way it is. But I have only found one tiny piece of plastic. I haven't found a single nail left by the workers...not one.

Description of Work
Install new roof.

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

05/05/2017

George W.

I received a call after the job was completed stating that there wasn't a leak that the problem was that the ceiling was particle board so it was just absorbing moisture/water ccausing the staining & sagging. When I returned home the reapir looked alright but now that it is a couple of months down the line there are more water spots, the ceiling is starting to sag again and now the trim is separating. Obviously we have a leak and will now have to pay someone else to find the problem and fix it. This "repair" was money wasted.

Description of Work
We had water damage on the ceiling of our front porch. We purchased the service and my wife talked to the workman/owner via phone. She informed him that we felt there was a leak and we wanted to find the cause as well as have the repairs done. My wife was asked to send pictures of the porch ceiling so that he would know what supplies to bring. She was informed that we did not need to be home because the workers would not need to come in the house. As we both work that seemed ideal so we would not have to take off work.

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

[Member Name Removed]- I was not aware that there was still a leak. We will be out next week and try to remedy the issue at no charge. Unfortunately finding leaks can be more of an art than a science. 90% of the time we are to locate and remedy the issue. I'll personally make sure we get it right. Thanks, Tom

04/15/2017

David U.

A little slower with initial contact than expected but turned out well with excellent results.

Description of Work
Had gutters on house replaced and the work appears to be excellent.

Work Completed On 03/24/2017

04/03/2017

Marlia S.

They did not call me and the roofer went to my primary home and my primary home is not where I needed the services. My primary home is a new construction home. I called the owners after I saw that they had been to my primary home and told the owner that they went to the wrong home and he said he would send the roofer to the property of the desired services and I spoke to him asking if they had gone to the property and he said he would call me back and I have not heard from the owner since.

Description of Work
I never received a report. I have left 2 voice messages and no one has called me back. I want a refund.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

[Member Name Removed]- I am very sorry for dropping the ball on this. It is especially wrong on my part because my man went to the correct home over a month ago and performed inspection. I did email you a summary report of his findings this afternoon. I will also be mailing you a check for $99 to reimburse you for all your expenses. Again, my sincerest apologies for my oversight and I take complete responsibilities. Sincerely, Tom Bolt

03/11/2017

Mathew M.

The technicians were on time and very friendly. They completed our requested repairs with great results. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced some missing shingles on the roof and reattached some split downspouts.

Work Completed On 03/09/2017

03/06/2017

ROBIN B.

It took some time to come to an understanding of what I wanted done and to understand the contractors estimate for the work. The gutter work was done professionally and to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement on my home

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

03/06/2017

Terry P.

Great, except it took longer than the hours paid to finish.

Description of Work
finish a bathroom

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

02/23/2017

Tonya S.

Brian was quick to respond, schedule, and come out to perform service. He was pleasant and did a once over of the house to make sure additional work didn't need done at that time. He was quick and efficient to replace the rotten piece. We would hire them again as the process was so easy the work done was quality.

Description of Work
We had some rotted trim along the roof line that was deteriorating. I purchased an Angie's List deal for Wood Rot Restoration and Repair,

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

02/01/2017

sean W.

The pricing and installation went great. Communication with Tom was great and the guy that came out to complete the work was extremely nice and professional. I can't wait for it to rain to see the difference that my gutters make.

Description of Work
50 foot of gutters, 8 foot downspout for my garage and also tied in one of my garage gutters to my existing house gutter.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

01/26/2017

Patricia A.

Wow! What can I say, I was EXTREMELY SATISFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The company said someone would arrive at 8:00 a.m. The worker arrived at 7:45-7:50 a.m. Once I explained what I was missing in terms of siding, his keen eye spotted one panel that was in the neighbor's yard. Now he could have said I need to go to purchase two new panels but he didn't, he located the missing pieces and secured them and stated that I will not have that issue with those panels again. I was impressed! He was very polite, gave me figures of what it would have cost to purchase new ones, walked the house to see if there was any related damages. I was so impressed that I will definitely use this company again and the price was right on. They are very reasonable. I'm glad to have found them on Angie's List, I may have missed them otherwise. Thanks Mr. Bolt and thank you Angie's List.

Description of Work
Repair siding from front of house above 1st floor. Check roof for missing shingles; repair downspouts around the house that came loose during last wind storm.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 01/26/2017

12/16/2016

Mark H.

Tom is very professional and extremely easy to work with. He really understands windows and how they are installed. It was very nice to deal with someone that I felt comfortable with and and totally trusted. Some of the other companies who came to quote were very vague while Tom was direct about the product options and the process so we knew what to expect. Construction Solutions was the first contractor we met with so when he took measurements I expected that all bidders would do the same. Believe it or not, only half of the contractors took window measurements. How can you bid without measuring? Tom was very timely and professional during every step of the way. Thank you for your excellent work and professionalism. We love our new windows!

Description of Work
Windows for the front and back of our home.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

10/10/2016

DENISE C.

Tom is wonderful to work with. He communicates well and finishes the job in a timely manner. He is frequently on site to make sure everything is going well. His crew is also very knowledgable and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to call Tom again if I needed any other work done.

Description of Work
Tom has done multiple projects for us. He replaced our roof, replaced all of our windows and front door and did two very complicated projects that solved a leak problem and an ant problem.

Category remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

11/11/2015

Kent M.

This could not have been a smoother process. From the initial estimate appointment, to the completion of the project, Mr. Bolt was in constant contact and responded incredibly quickly to every phone message and email we left. He showed up on time for every consultation and workers started at the exact times he stated for every work day. The work area remained very clean for the whole process. Getting a painter back for some very, very slight touch up work after the job's completion was no problem at all. We would absolutely work with Mr. Bolt and Construction Solutions again. As a matter of fact, we're waiting on further estimates for a wide range of jobs for the house, and look forward to hopefully working with him again very soon!

Description of Work
- Remove / replace wood trim on front of house with Boral composite - Cover wood soffits on rear and sides of home with vinyl soffits - Cover fascia trim and gutter boards on rear and sides of home with aluminum coil - Paint gutters, trim boards, doors, garage door, etc., to match new trim color - Install furring strips over existing stucco - Cover stucco wood shake over stucco - Shape and trim new siding on front of house

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, woodworking, house painters, interior painters