CME Pipe Lining & Sewer Repair

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2013

12077 Mosteller Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45241

CME Sewer Repair’s goal is to repair and eliminate any pipe issues with minimal disruption to the affected premises. These may be the sewer pipe of a home, the downspouts of an office building or the process lines of a manufacturing plant. CME uses technology and experience to identify the best way

06/16/2020

Ann R.

They were very thorough, solved my issue and offered solutions to prevent future issues.

Description of Work
Looking for pricing on trench less sewer pipe repair.

Category plumbing

02/19/2019

Constance S.

There was water backing up (draining extremely slowly) from a drain in my basement. Another company had tried unsuccessfully to clear it out. They said it probably was tree roots, but they could not get a camera far enough to find out for certain. They told me that they would have to tear up my front yard and maybe my fence, and probably have a big tree cut down, in order to get their equipment in to do the job. I had heard about CME from a couple of sources and called them. They told me that they would try cleaning out the pipe first and what it would cost, then see what else was needed. As it turned out, there was only some soft matter in the pipe, and no roots, and they were able to flush it out easily. The pipes were intact and didn't need lining. The whole process took only about an hour, as I recall. This was two years ago, and I have had no problems since. I felt it was money well spent, and it certainly relieved me that I did not have to have my yard torn up or spend much more money having a tree cut down.

Description of Work
Cleaned out drain from basement to street

02/17/2019

Stephen S.

After having a sewer backup in the basement of my 90 year old house, I investigated three sewer repair companies that might be able to solve the problem. I decided to hire CME. I must say they provided outstanding service! Everybody was great. After a camera inspection which revealed severe root infestation and deterioration of the original clay pipes, Justin B. did the initial price quote for sewer lining. I asked a lot of questions and Justin went way more than the extra mile to be sure I understood the “whats” and “whys” of trenchless sewer repair. He explained that through the use of CME’s technology, a resin liner would be installed inside the old clay pipes that would prevent any new root infestation and any disastrous collapsing of the aged pipes. The technicians that came for the installation were top notch. Craig, Josh and Opie worked diligently on my system for two full days. They never stopped. They went above and beyond my expectations. After the work was complete, a video was provided to me showing the expertly repaired sewer line that will last for many years. I can’t forget to mention the wonderful office staff. Rachael and Lindsey and others in the office were so accommodating. They called before doing any work, just as promised, and when I called them with questions, they answered me with professionalism and cheerfulness. I am very pleased with CME and am highly recommending CME Services to those that need sewer work.

Description of Work
Repair of the main sewer line from my basement to the city main

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

01/10/2019

Serrina D.

Waiting on estimate. Was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Description of Work
2nd opinion on sewer line problem

05/30/2018

Robert R.

Quite well. Much less expensive than alternatives. Service done as advertised.

Description of Work
Sewer pipe lining

05/26/2018

Linda R.

Very well! Crews were thorough, knew their responsibilities in the process and were very professional. They explained the process to us completely and used cameras / video to show us specifically the condition of the 63 year old sewer pipes underground and how the lining would prevent further damage by tree roots.

Description of Work
Repair of main sewer clay pipes and then total lining of pipes.

04/17/2018

Melanie H.

The men completing the job were very professional and provided excellent services. Justin gave the quote and took time to educate me on my options and what was needed. This team is amazing

Description of Work
Trenchless sewer

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Reviews such as yours are shared with our crews. Please know that they appreciate being acknowledged for their professionalism and dedication to customer service. Thank you!! CME Services

01/10/2018

max E.

Noticed, in the midsts of one of our coldest winters, the driveway drain wasn't working and water was accumulating. It had never done that before but the lines were replaced since we had a new driveway installed that summer. Since this company was listed for drain cleaning and had a good rating - I called. I was told that they mostly do sewer lines (this fed to the sewer line) but someone would call me that same day. No one called. Had another service come the same day and break up the frozen block of ice in the line. As always - would have at least appreciated a return phone call.

Description of Work
Driveway drain was backed up - wouldn't drain

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Follow Up: I spoke with our Sewer Specialist. He assured me that he did leave you a message and provided details of the call from his cell phone. I'm unsure why the message didn't get to you, but again, send our sincere apologies. We try to return all calls as soon as possible. However, unfortunate issues, such as this, do arise from time to time. We understand how troublesome back ups can be. We're just glad someone was able to get there right away to help get your driveway line flowing again. Kind Regards, CME Services Original Response: Sending our sincere apologies. We're looking into this issue and will be sure it's handled appropriately. We very much appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Sincerely, CME Services

01/05/2018

Sean D.

It has been exactly two years since Chuck's crew was out to line my sewer. I have not had any issues with my drain since! I have had some unrelated basement flooding issues, and the water just runs to the floor drain and out through the lined sewer. Not having to worry about tree roots and such anymore has been well worth the investment. I am would recommend every sewer be lined, it is that good of an investment, especially for older homes like mine!

Description of Work
I had a sewer liner installed two years ago.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Our ultimate goal is for the homeowner to never again worry about a back up. We are thrilled that you took the time to let us know that all is well! Thanks so much for the review! CME Services

10/15/2017

elaine I.

Took a couple of trips because was complicated assessment. They were cooperative fitting into my schedule and communicated the issues well.

Description of Work
Sewer line lined.

Thank you for the review! Glad we were able to help! Sincerely, CME Services

10/11/2017

Jonathan Z.

CME exemplified the highest degree of integrity and honesty. The quality of the work and the service they provided was more than I expected.

Description of Work
Sewer lining

Category sewer cleaning

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We're happy to be able to assist and get you connected with the best option. We also greatly appreciate the Thank You note sent to our Salesman. It's not often we receive hand written notes of thanks in this "electronic age." So, please know how much more it means to be thanked is such a personal manner. Let us know if we can do anything else to assist. Sincerely, CME Services

10/09/2017

Barbara G.

It took 3 appointments being missed or rescheduled just to give us the estimate. Once they finally made it out to scope the job, it was completed timely and efficient. The price was reasonable, compared to other estimates.

Description of Work
Lined the existing, cracked sewer line running from garage to street, due to tree roots.

Category sewer cleaning

We apologize for the delay in getting to the initial consultation. But we appreciate your review. It helps us to identify our weaknesses and work to provide stronger customer service in the future. Happy you were satisfied with the job overall. We thank you for your business. Sincerely, CME Services

09/09/2017

Bobbi W.

I am very grateful for their prompt response. They saved the day!

Description of Work
Basement sewer drain backed up hours before my daughter arrived from Denver to visit. I called as soon as the office opened. They were able to send servicemen within 2 hours. In addition to cleaning the sewer line (inside the house), they replaced the broken access cover. Several days later, someone came to check the line with a camera.

We're happy we could help! We appreciate your business! CME Services

08/23/2017

Betty B.

Very knowledgeable. Knows the business that they are providing.

Description of Work
Sewer scoping

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Thanks for the review! It was a pleasure to be of assistance! CME Services

08/16/2017

Douglas P.

Unfortunately, the main sewer line was not in good condition structurally and contained a number of pockets of roots. Eric and Josh did a great job cleaning the pipes. This enabled Dave and me to have a clear look at the piping. Eric, Josh and Dave were very professional and gave sound recommendations. The site was left clean and orderly.

Description of Work
Hydro jet a main sewer line and evaluate the condition of the clay pipes.

Category sewer cleaning

Thank you so much for the review! Happy we could help give some answers that were very much needed. Since sewer lines are hidden under ground, they are often ignored... until they become a huge problem. Keeping tabs on this issue will ultimately save money and frustration in the long run. Give us a call if you need anything further! Sincerely, CME Services

07/17/2017

Jonathan N.

Charge was higher than guestimate over phone, but not above expectations. Everything else went picture perfect.

Description of Work
Needed relining of sewer line due to partial collapse. Needed it performed in time for property sale.

Thanks for the review! Glad we could help! CME Services

06/15/2017

Sandy F.

All of the staff were extremely polite, professional, and responsive. They sent a written estimate for approval prior to arrival and arrived and performed exactly as promised, and then provided a written receipt before departure. It took less than 2 hours and the root was gone and the line was clear. They sure knew what they were doing! I would definitely recommend them to anyone with sewer issues. I am very happy with the results.

Description of Work
I had tree roots in my outside sewer line which were blocking everything and causing a back up into my basement.

Thanks for the review! Happy we could help! CME Services

05/15/2017

Natalie S.

Although the process took longer than expected, the team was punctual, courteous, and clean. They even laid plastic sheeting down in the entry way to prevent tracking anything in. Have not had any problems with water, even this very rainy spring. The front yard was not disturbed at all. They had to jackhammer out a large section of the concrete floor in the unfinished basement to do their work, but they sealed it up nicely when done.

Description of Work
Had residential sewer lined to seal it up/prevent future damage or root intrusion. CME also hydrojetted the sewer line, which they subtracted from the cost of the lining.

Category sewer cleaning

Thanks so much for the kind review! It's always nice to hear that our crews treat customers, as well as their homes, with respect. Thanks for your business! CME Services

04/07/2017

linda C.

He showed up 1st appt without camera so rescheduled. Then tried to cancel 2nd. When I refused to reschedule he showed up. Not sure how many drains he camera'd because he never sent me the promised disc. He showed me 2 screens. I have called repeatedly & he does not return calls......He told me what he thought needed to be done but said I would be better to have Tischbein do it. When they never called back he was to have Curry &Co call. He was to provide them a disc too but did not.....I now have to pay someone else to camera the drains again.

Description of Work
Camera drains

02/15/2017

Robert B.

painless process from Dave who gave the quote to the crew that did the work

Description of Work
relined sewer main

Thank you for the review! Happy we could be of service! Sincerely, CME Services

12/12/2016

lisa M.

Dave responded to my call immediately and arrived at our home ahead of schedule, only an hour later. He explained everything in detail and quickly unclogged the pipes. Most surprising of all- he didn't charge for the house call! We will definitely be calling him when we need a plumber in the future!

Description of Work
We had a sewer back-up in the basement from clogged pipes.

10/31/2016

Takuto T.

I contacted them through Angie's List, after having sewer backup, and de-clogged by our local plumber, since this was the second time in less than a year, so wanted to make sure that there are no major issue that needs to be fixed. Dave explained the service they provide, and I scheduled for HydroJet cleaning and camera check. Unfortunately they got some emergency call and my appointment ended up pushed back for a couple hours, but he called me to let me know there's delay, and their crew called me 30 min before their arrival, so I didn't have to wait wondering what time they'd arrive. The camera check revealed that there are some grease in pipe but there are no major concern, so they cleaned the sewer line on the area they found build up. It was fascinating to see the sewer pipe with camera, and they explained what I'm seeing as they send the camera father down. Even though there were no problem found, and probably it was not so necessary to have them come, but I have no regret as now i know my sewer is good, and also who to contact if we ever need to have my sewer lined in the future (hope we don't ever have to though...)

Description of Work
Camera checked my sewer line and also HydroJet cleaned.

09/21/2016

Jeri B.

They arrived on time, very personable and professional . They kept me advised on each step of the process, were very respectful, and showed me the live cam of the liner from the city main all the way back to our house. They left no mess, and left everything the way they found it. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing any kind of sewer services.

Description of Work
They cleaned the old cast iron sewer pipe from our house to the city main and installed a new liner. We did not want to remove all our concrete and dig to install a new sewer line, which would have cost three times as much to do, for the same result.

08/30/2016

Joe S.

Dave was very knowledgeable about the process as well as the product and he was very straightforward and professional. I got a written quote via email that afternoon. It was a tough price to swallow given that the sewer line isn't something a lot of people think about, but in my case it would have been very very pricey to dig up later in the event that the line collapsed (I have a large hill behind my house and my sewer line is 50' long and located 15-20 feet underground underneath my deck). When I was trying to decide, I was worried about potential cost overruns and spoke with Chuck. He assured me that I should not worry and that the bid I received would be the cost of the job even if they hit some snags. Overall with what I had heard and my experience talking with them so far, I moved forward without getting additional bids from other companies and they were also willing to work on the price a bit to help me out. I was rescheduled once due to an emergency that popped up but I was notified the prior day so it was not a problem for me. When they came out, the crew was right on time at 8:30AM and the workers were very professional and knowledgeable as well. We talked about the work briefly and they got right to it. They wrapped up around 4:45PM that day and they showed me a before and after video of the line. Where there were previously gaps, cracks, and holes where the line had fallen in, there was now just smooth white all the way down, just with a couple bumps where the broken pieces were in the original clay pipe. I was told the liner has a design life of 50 years but should last for 100+ years so I won't have to worry about this again, which is great. They also have a 10-year warranty on the work. They cleaned up everything in the basement and re-concreted the hole. They neatly cut the carpet so once the concrete dries, I can put the carpet back down and you won't even be able to tell anything happened. Overall, I was very impressed from start to finish. These guys clearly all knew what they were doing and were very skilled and professional. A pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Lining of main sewer line-- Almost a year ago, my basement toilet wouldn't flush and it turned out that a portion of my sewer line (clay pipe) had collapsed. I had called MSD to do a camera inspection from the city main and luckily for me the collapsed section was close enough to the main that they would fix it and also install an outside cleanout without charge to me. Once they were out there, they recommended that I should probably get the rest of the line inspected and suggested the option of having a liner installed in case there were other weaknesses in the line. After asking around of some people in the industry, I had heard that CME was the best in the business locally for this type of work. I called CME and spoke with Dave. After describing the situation, he came out to the house free of charge to do a camera inspection. Unfortunately (as suspected) there were several trouble spots in my sewer line despite it running normally. I could see them on the camera and it was clear that it was only a matter of time before it had a failure. His proposal was to take up a section of the basement floor underneath the main stack then install the liner all the way down to the city main connection. The cost was straightforward--there is a cost per foot of liner that is all-inclusive of materials, labor, prep, cleanup, etc. plus an additional charge per cut for cutting out holes in the line after its in place for other tie-ins to the main line. The price included hydrojetting the line prior to installing the liner as well.

08/15/2016

Roger W.

They arrived on time. They were very friendly and professional. They did an exceptional job cleaning and lining our sewer line. The area was cleaner when they left, than it was when they started.

Description of Work
Cleaned and relined main sewer line