Classy Craftsmen

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2001

After many years of service in the Cincinnati community, we feel confident that we can cater to your needs. We get the job done and we don’t just meet expectations; we exceed them. Our customers keep coming back because we’re dependable, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. Our employees provide unmatched service, delivering top quality service for your business! Each is committed to personal service. In keeping with this desire, we’re not satisfied with our work until you are. Aside from our amazing staff, we take the time and care to make sure even the tiniest detail is managed, in every circumstance. There, really, is no other way. Contact us today at 513-207-1865 to find out how we can help you. It’s our pleasure! 4 Employees. Uses trade subs. Cost is generally determined by the job, but time-plus-materials is sometimes appropriate. No travel charges. Service charges may apply. Prefer contact through email. Additional fax - (513) 451-7078. Additional DBA - Classy Craftsmen. Award wining....

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

handyman (305)interior painting (82)house painting (58)woodworking (51)home remodeling (46)drywall (42)general contractors (37)electrician (28)lighting (27)plumbers (26)door installation (21)gutter repair (21)

02/16/2021

SUSAN M.

fantastic - from the detail in the proposal to the execution on time on budget. They took the mantle off, removed and took away the old tile, figured out a way to dispense with some of the typical underlayment in order for the new stone hearth to come out flush with the floor, and installed the new tile. There was some basement reinforcement needed due to the workaround and they did that. Did a beautiful job - from carpentry to tile to painting. AND on their way out moved a ceiling light fixture and repaired the ceiling such that it was seamless. I am a fan!

Description of Work
Installed natural stone fireplace surround, including removing old ceramic tile and making the hearth line up with a To Be Done wood floor

Category ceramic tile, electrician, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

Review for Classy Craftsmen - 1445 Colonial Dr, Cincinnati, OH - 39195100

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! You were a pleasure to work for, and we hope you will keep us on your speed-dial for anything at all around your home. I will be sending a quote for those under-cabinet lights we discussed. Dave Beck

10/09/2020

Barb G.

Person was on time, friendly, professional, knowledgeable and completed work in a timely manner. Would definitely recommend this company/person.

Description of Work
Install 2 ceiling fans and 1 chandelier

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

09/26/2020

Kent M.

Amazing service and professionalism. This was, admittedly, quite a small job. I didn't get a single call back from any business except Dave Beck. Job was completed the day after the call at an INCREDIBLY fair price. And the cleanup from the worker was spotless. Will 100% hire for future jobs.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure being of service, and we look forward to working for you again. Dave Beck Founder-in-Chief Classy Craftsmen LLC

09/01/2020

CATHERINE J E.

I phoned on a Tuesday, I believe. The owner, Dave Beck answered. I described the issue and agreed to his terms. He said he'd have one of two guys here by the end of the week - Friday, by end of day. Friday, late afternoon came and no phone call, no text. I called Dave Beck and left a message. His voicemail said text is best, so I left him a text. No response. In the meantime, 2 other companies I had previously reached out to for quotes contacted me wanting to bid the job. I thanked them, told them I had hired someone, and turned them away. DON'T BE FOOLED BY HIS 400+ A-rated reviews. Read further to the "F" rated reviews and you'll see this isn't the first time he didn't follow through.

Description of Work
I wanted a repair done to a soffit damaged by a woodpecker. Remove damaged wood, replace and seal with 2 coats of exterior paint, which I have.

Category handyman service, home security systems

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

06/10/2020

Rachel E.

Brady and his team did an excellent job! All 3 of our decks look great. We are impressed! Very knowledgeable and efficient. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Deck repair

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Review for Classy Craftsmen - 1445 Colonial Dr, Cincinnati, OH - 38630844

02/17/2020

Mike P.

Very responsive and punctual. Quality workmanship and great price.

Description of Work
Install New set of stairs and new exterior door

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We're glad you are pleased with your new basement steps and door fixes, and we look forward to helping you open-up and remodel that kitchen when you are ready!

11/12/2019

SUSAN & BARBARA F.

Excellent, I used Classy Craftsman to replace a walk-in shower after we had a leak. The people who completed the work were great to work with from painter, carpenter, tile, electric, all were great craftsmen and women and demonstrated skill and pride in their work. Dave was great in coordination of work and in offering ideas for plan. Work was completed in a timely manner and with care to detail. My home is better for their professionalism

Description of Work
Shower replaced, exterior stair railing, interior stair railing,

Category handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

11/05/2019

Rebecca D.

Company was prompt, bid was thorough, workman was skilled, fast, and respectful. Great Company, I plan to use them again!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

11/21/2018

Nick C.

Simply. Awful. There really isn't a grade low enough for a guy like this! DO NOT WASTE ANY OF YOUR TIME! In 2014 I called Dave to get a quote on painting my whole house, adding wainscoting, crown molding, and a backsplash in my kitchen. Dave came to our house and spent 1.5 discussing various options and ideas. I was elated! I thought highly of his advice and was eager to receive a quote. Except the quote never came. I followed-up with him -- and he ignored my follow-ups. I was highly disappointed in the TOTAL LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM! Fast forward to 2018. I am soliciting bids to have a basement bar installed. After 4 years had passed I forgot about Dave Beck, and mistakenly called him again. He agreed to come to my house at noon on a Saturday. He was a no-show. We called him and he agreed to come over at 1:15pm. When I opened the door and recognized who it was I almost fell over at my misfortune! However, I gave him a second chance and didn't kick him out. The same thing happened AGAIN! He wasted 1 hour of my time throwing out all kinds of great ideas and agreed to deliver a quote - AND NEVER DID! I am beyond ANGRY that such a lousy, unreliable person like this wasted 2.5 hours of my life. NEVER EVER EVER CALL HIM!!!!!!! YOU WILL ONLY REGRET IT

Description of Work
Various Remodeling projects

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 11/10/2018

01/17/2018

Warren S.

All persons involved in the work were professional, courteous , prompt and stayed on task. They delivered a quality product in every respect.

Description of Work
Renovation of master bedroom and two bathrooms plus installation of pocket doors Also painting of two other rooms.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

11/29/2017

Katie R.

They did a wonderful job! All of the work is professionally finished. The workers were respectful, helpful, curtious and listened to questions and concerns I had throughout the project. Since I work from home, they had to hear from me all the time! But they really were great to work with and a joy to have here while they worked. They even went out of their way to jump my car one day and fix the back door that was broken at no charge. While we tried to cut a couple corners here and there, Dave ultimately convinced us to do the job to his liking! Which we are not unhappy with- he really knows what he's doing! He made sure that even through some business setbacks that we were taken car of and added in some bonuses because the project took a little longer than expected. We really appreciated that. Overall, they were a joy to work with and I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Our basement flooded in the Spring while we were trying to tackle the remodel on our own. We quickly decides it was too much for us to handle so we hired The Classy Craftsmen to take over. We wanted to add a small kitchen along with can lighting and adding closet spaces for storage.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

11/01/2017

SALIL K.

I called Classy Craftsman for an estimate. Dave stopped by to take measurements of the kitchen and talked to us about the work that we would like to get done. He said he will get back with a plan. He never got back. I left a message asking for the plan and estimate. I did not get any response. Wasted our time by making us be at home the afternoon he stopped by.

Description of Work
I needed to get kitchen work done - change stove top to electric, back splashes changed and reface to replace the cabinets.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

07/05/2017

Nancy W.

Everyone Dave sent was very professional and did excellent work. There were a few issues along the way that were quickly resolved.. The water heater purchased was missing a part so it would not light. They went to a store to get the part and stayed at my house until 7:30 PM to get the water heater functioning.

Description of Work
Dave's crew stripped wallpaper, did internal and external painting,installed new light fixtures, arranged for ceramic tile cleaning and sealing then replaced the caulk and repaired bad grout in the bathrooms and kitchen.They also installed a new water heater.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

06/21/2017

JAMES S.

The project went really well. The breadth of services is very impressive and the work is high quality. We have worked with these guys before and really like the work. They are not inexpensive but you get high quality individuals on site who do great work and take care of the property even when you are not there to supervise. Dave does a great job in planning the job and making suggestions for design and implementation - some of these improve the job overall while others can save you money in the end. The flooring and closet work was completed by subcontractors that Classy works with and they were also great to work with and we were happy with the work. We would highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
They did several projects over the course of 6 weeks: Added and refinished hardwood floors, new carpet, replaced several recessed lights with LED inserts, rebuilt master bathroom vanity with granite counter tops, changed out bathroom hardware, new toilet in half bath, installed gutter guards, changed electric stovetop with gas stove top, installed custom close system in master bedroom, installed new microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. Variety of other handyman type tasks

Category countertops, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home & garage organization, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

04/18/2017

Natalie M.

I'd give them an A all across the board. I didn't use them this last time because they were so far booked; they're really busy. It seems like it was like 8 hours for the work to be completed.

Description of Work
They installed our electrical panel and overhead lights in each of our rooms.

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 04/18/2012

01/05/2017

Gerald S.

It was perfect, it was wonderful. He was there on day he supposed @ 7 am and he did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
There were two bathrooms that needed painted through out the school. He was down here for another function and offered to do the service.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 12/29/2016

12/20/2016

ERIC B.

We love it. Went from shabby-genteel to the real deal.

Description of Work
Major repair/restoration of all finished walls, ceilings, floors, woodwork - entire interior living space of 100+ year-old brick home except kitchen and baths - and if we knew then what we know now, we would have had them do that also.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/17/2015

11/06/2016

Nancy H.

It did not go well because they never came. We contacted them numerous times and were asked to send them pictures of the work that needs to be completed. I then never heard from them despite calling them and giving them an additional week to contact me. They never even tried to call me back! This is very unprofessional, even if they were busy, no one is too busy for a phone call back. I told them on the message that I left that I would be leaving an unfavorable review in Angie's list if I didn't hear back from them. It's been over 2 months and no word. I think that is unacceptable and I will not recommend their services to anyone. What a disappointment.

Description of Work
We needed work done on our steps, bath tub, and trim work to be done.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 10/30/2016

09/26/2016

Judith S.

Never received any response from them

Description of Work
I called them twice and ask for service call and never received a call back from them

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

07/19/2016

Bob C.

Wonderful! I have used Classy Craftsmen before and because they've done great work for me, I called them again. In fact, they had done my exterior painting nine years ago. So it was natural for me to ask them to do it again. I was glad I did! The work was high quality as usual. They showed up early each morning and got right to work. They finished all the work within six days, working around some weather. I couldn't be any happier with the quality of the work! They have considerable experience and it shows in their work. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of two-story home: shutters, front door, garage door, downspouts, trim. Powerwashed siding to clean it, concrete sidewalks, driveway. Installed new exterior door fixture. Stained large deck. Replaced several screens. Caulked where necessary prior to painting. Painted wooden mailbox post.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

04/16/2016

Chad S.

Dave arrived promptly to check out our basement and give us an estimate for remodeling. He was a very nice guy. However, he never actually gave us an estimate. We received no email or phone call with an estimate. Guess he didn't need the work.

Description of Work
Basement estimate

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2016

03/03/2016

Ashley R.

FACTS: - Scheduled to come out on 12/19/15. Cancelled a few hours before the scheduled appt. -Rescheduled for 12/20/15. Arrived on time and was very professional and had some great ideas. -12/21/15 - I contacted provider to share some follow details/decisions before provider pulled together a quote. -12/29/15 - Provider contacted me to tell me he was working on the quote but it had been delayed for personal reasons. -1/10/16 - I followed up with provider to see how quote was coming. - Today is 3/2/16 and I have not heard back.

Description of Work
Provider came to my house to survey what I wanted which included moving a laundry room upstairs, closing in a loft to make a bedroom, building a butler's pantry in the current laundry room, installing a french door, installing some can lights, and installing a back splash on a bar.

Category home remodeling