Business Management Services LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since November 2001

1550 MAGNOLIA DR

Cincinnati, OH 45215

Award winning. Small business (bookkeeping, accounting and tax preparations and good business compliance ). Monthly bank reconciliation, all business taxes filing (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual), IRS, state and local tax compliance / Monthly financial statements (balance sheet/ P & L/

10/28/2017

Mark H.

He had obvious experience and wisdom that only comes with years in the business. I was not pushed into seeing a young in-experienced person.

Description of Work
I needed a bunch of tax planning advice due to a real estate transaction concluding and retirement account planning.

Category accountant, financial advisor

09/25/2017

Don R.

Alex Alvarez was very helpful. I arrived early and he immediately took me back to his office. After a review of my paperwork he was very forthcoming and down to earth which helped me better understand my situation.

Description of Work
I asked for tax advice.

Category accountant

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your "A" review. You should be able to resolve the IRS letter you received as I instructed you. Thank you. I wish you a wonderful evening. alex

07/04/2017

Cynthia E.

Great. Alex was easy to talk with, knows the financial field, and helped us with our initial questions. He has also recently done a tax review (last year's) and prepared my taxes this year for me.

Description of Work
Financial services, review of various family managed funds, and taxes.

05/30/2017

Nicholas T.

Great. Alex provided a lot of great advice as well.

Description of Work
Annual Tax prep

08/22/2016

KATHY H.

Very well as he is most knowledgeable

Description of Work
Tax consultation

06/07/2016

John D.

I initially spoke with Alex Alvarez last week about a real estate development project I took on earlier this year. . In anticipation of our detailed meeting scheduled for 7 June 2016, he asked for certain supporting documents which I emailed to him. I am a computer guy by vocation. I live and breathe spreadsheets and self accounting programs like QuickBooks and Quicken, but the nuances of this real estate deal made it difficult to discern the correct path forward. Alex and I spoke for nearly an hour. His advice was both correct and intuitive to my particular situation. At the end of our time together, I felt as though I had received the best advice, not just from a qualified CPA, but from a good friend who knew me and happened to be a qualified CPA.

Description of Work
Provided analysis and financial planning options involving a real estate development project.

Category accountant, financial advisor

03/29/2016

James M.

In general, I got a second opinion. However, I wasn't impressed with the level of diligence that was exercised. I had expected the provider to spend an hour or so looking over my records and my return and then another 30 minutes or so talking to me about what he had seen. Instead, he spent about a half-hour on the phone with me, paging through things as we talked. Essentially, I got the impression that my return was "close enough" not to cause me big problems, but my level of confidence was not very high.

Description of Work
I asked the provider to review my tax records to verify that I had completed my tax return correctly. As my situation was a little complex (I moved from one state to another, bought/sold a home, and have two daughters in college), I wanted a second opinion.

06/17/2015

Joseph B.

Meeting went well. Gave me great tax advice for my business.

Description of Work
Meeting to discuss how to set up new business for tax purpose.

04/11/2015

Rick G.

He did a fine job, told me I was doing a good job on my own. He was able to confirm that I was doing my taxes properly.

Description of Work
I used a Big Deal with Business Management Services about 2 years ago.

Category financial advisor

03/10/2015

LEIZA S.

It was okay. I wasn’t what I thought.

Description of Work
I went for my taxes.

01/12/2015

Paul J.

No service was performed since they would not talk to me.

Description of Work
I requested an appointment with this provider and explained my tax concerns. Instead of an appointment they told me to call them. I called and was talking to Alex as he was attending to other business and not paying any attention to what I said. He then told me he would call back but never did. Possible they don't have the expertise to handle the tax concerns I raised.

Category accountant

(Member Name Removed) I appreciate your comment and frustration. But January the 6th I was not in town. I was at Bonita Springs, Florida and just got back this afternoon. In every communication I give to Angie's list members, I emphasize to call my cell phone - 513-616-1773 or better yet email me - alex@bmscincy.com. I am sorry that we did not connect. I wish you a wonderful day.

10/24/2014

LORRAINE H.

The BMS staff are friendly, conscientious, thorough, and easy to work with. Alex investigates questions carefully and explains details in an easy to understand manner. Alex is a very affable individual who is also exceedingly knowledgable in the field of tax preparation. We value his experience and his services highly.

Description of Work
Tax preparation for 4 individuals.

10/04/2014

Jennifer P.

We have used tis provider every year since we found them on Angie's List (since 2009 maybe?) for our federal, state and local taxes. Every year we are extremely pleased with the services provided.

Description of Work
Scanned and faxed to us our entire 2013 tax return. We have the originals somewhere, but are in the process of moving across the country, so we were unable to find them. Alex was very prompt and responsive in getting the return to us ASAP.

10/02/2014

Charlotte R.

Again, it went beautifully! He could explain to me, a novice, what they were saying and what I had done incorrectly. Also, they were incorrect in their opinion. He works on the kind of taxes I needed and was very experienced in that field. I repeat, thanks a million, Alex, for your expertise and for saving me bundles. I will be down next year for sure, Lord willing!

Description of Work
Alex Alvarez,CPA was wonderful in his response to my problem! he had me come to office and bring papers for him and he immediately set to work on them. What a genius he is! He not only filed an amended 1040X for me, but saved me thousands of dollars I was going have to pay Fed and State Inc tax for 2012; Down-to-earth and a wonderful gentleman. I will always use him for taxes, etc.

10/02/2014

PEGGY L.

It was taken care of immediately and re-submitted. I also requested copies of my 2013 tax return which was waiting for me when I arrived.

Description of Work
The city of Sharonville said my tax form was not submitted which I know it was by Alex at BMS. He re-sent the tax form..

08/09/2014

lisa K.

Very pleasant man, very average service. Omitted details from my tax return.

07/14/2014

Li B.

Very good listener. Professional and trustworthy!we will ask him do more in the future!

Description of Work
Providing professional directions and assistance for set up a new LLC

Category accountant

Ms [member name removed], Good morning. Thank you for your review. I appreciate it very much. I trust that my recommendations to solve your concerns worked. I am happy that they did. Please feel free to call me if I can be of further help. Sincerely, aa

06/30/2014

BRAD D.

During our meeting we went on and off topic. He gathered information from me asked me what my goals were and we discussed solutions.

Description of Work
Gave much needed advice on how to file my taxes.

06/10/2014

Michael T.

Alex gave my wife and I a 2 hour FREE consultation with no obligations! He is extremely patient and thorough with us. I tried to save some money and do my own taxes.....well.....when H&R Block is signaling I will owe $21K this year, I decided to go seek some professional help. Alex took the time to meet with my wife and I in mid March....yeah 4 weeks before the deadline, there were never any pressure for us to use his service, but he offered many worthwhile advice. I began to understand why he is such well respected by others on Angies List. Even though his service cost more than my last accountant, I decided to go with Alex. Several weeks later, I got a call from Alex telling me I am ready to go. He saved me THOUSANDS of dollars! As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I paid more, but he did a fantastic job! I will definitely call Alex again next year!

Description of Work
Tax Return 2013

Category accountant

[member name removed], I enjoyed working with you. I appreciate you hiring our services even after I told you what you were not doing right and what you need to do right to make the H&R tax program work. I am glad that you decided to hire us. This freed you many more weekends and evenings preparing your 2013 taxes. This gave you the peace of mind when you went for your vacation. I heard smiling relief of stress when you called me while you were on vacation. Happy smiling clients is what motivate me to improve to do the best I can every time. A letter of "thank You" like yours gives me the drive to continue improving and look forward to hear from you for other reasons not just year-end income taxes. Please feel free to call my cell 616-1773 if just want to have a sounding board even for a second opinion. Thank you. alex

06/05/2014

PEGGY L.

It went very well. Alex is very personable and knowledgeable. I normally do my own taxes but I just retired and thought I should hire an accountant. I got more money back than I ever have!

Description of Work
Performed my taxes for year 2013.

Category accountant

Good Morning [member name removed], Your comment regarding your experience with Business Management Services and rating of "A" is highly appreciated. Comments like yours is what make us improve our services and strive for excellence. Though our price is a little high you know that you also got the value in accurate professional services for it as well the savings. Above all you know you and I "have peace of mind". It is well worth it. If I remember right, you and I had to meet several times and a few phone calls over a couple of weeks to complete your tax return because we reviewed your past tax returns and probed you questions that you came up with the correct answers and documentations which resulted to tax savings. It took us over a few weeks to complete your case because you had to get the documentation for the deductions for proper tax treatment and optimization. We agreed to have the documentation now while we are preparing it than assume to find it later or expect that the broker will get the information easily years down the road. Keep a copy now. I am happy to know that you will be back with us this next year. I look forward to see your smiling happy face while signing Form 8879. Thank you for your business and trust. I will do better. We care, alex

05/31/2014

MARIO A.

Service was very professional and efficient

Description of Work
Provide advise and generate my tax return

Category accountant

Thank you very much [member name removed]. for your comments and "A" ratings. We strive every time to deliver excellence to every client like you. You are awesome to work with. Please feel free to call me at my cell 513-616-1773 if I could be of further help. Thank you, aa

05/26/2014

Andy G.

They are very knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. They have a good system for setting up LLCs and doing taxes

Description of Work
Consult on setup LLC

Category accountant

It is very good to hear from you [member name removed]. I am happy that my advises worked well for your purposes and verified by your other searches of answers. I appreciate very much your comments and "A" rating of our services. I will deliver excellent services every time. Please call me directly at 513-616-1773 even just to say "hello". I would like to know how your are doing. Sincerely, alex

05/11/2014

MIKE B.

It went very well. Alex was highly respectful of our small business history and current status. His recommendations were thoughtful and relevant. I am strongly considering moving my accounting services to Business Management Services, LLC as a result of this consultation.

Description of Work
Alex provided me with 90 minutes of consultation relative to our small business accounting and ownership structure.

Category accountant

Good afternoon [member name removed], I enjoyed our meeting last Saturday. I apologize that we spent more than 2 hours. Time just flew by. They were hours very well spent. We will be contacting you this coming week for us to analyze 2014 and put into effect our plans for the remaining of 2014 and plan what lays beyond. Thank you. My regards to [members name removed]. Sincerely, aa

05/05/2014

PHIL S.

I think that this $84 introductory special is probably fine if you have a pretty basic tax situation that doesn't require unusual expertise. We met with two accountants, a man and a woman, who were both very personable. The man apologized for being half an hour late to the meeting and having us start without him. They were helpful with questions about our own taxes, and my self-employment business. They were less helpful with specific questions about a special-needs trust and taxes for the estate of a deceased parent, even though I had submitted these questions by email in advance. In fact, in one case with the special-needs trust, the info the man initially gave was incorrect, though he did apologize for that there in the meeting after he looked it up. What I learned is that it's important to find specialists in the area where you need specific advice.

Description of Work
The accountant provided a 1.5 hour initial consultation and answered some questions about taxes and planning.

Category accountant

Dear [Member Name], We seriously take in consideration your comments. You pointed out our mistakes and therefore we must correct them. Thank you for pointing them because there are times in the hustle and bustle of the day we miss to give attention to minute details and miss the main reason you were here. I am sorry that I was very late. I just could no avoid it. Because of that, I had not shifted my brain from one meeting's subject matter to yours. I was not able to give you the attention that you deserved. Thank you for helping us get better. I sincerely apologize for not able to answer your concerns directly. Please give us another chance in the future. We will make it up to you, just give me a call and we'll make the appointment at no cost you. My cell is 513-616-1773. I wish you a wonderful day. aa

04/01/2014

Adam S.

Alex was prompt and courteous. He had helped me for free the previous fall when my tax status changed abruptly so I went back to him for my year-end tax return. The pricing is a little high, but you get what you pay for. My taxes are complicated (at least to me) and I want to make sure it is taken care of properly. Alex provides that service.

Description of Work
Income tax return

Category accountant

Dear [member name removed], My sincere appreciation for your comment. You have motivated us to keep on striving to be better. We will continue to improve to meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to call me if you need advise or just someone to talk to about something. You are an Angie's List member and our client your consulting is on the house. Thank you very much. Sincerely, aa

SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT

We offer our services NATIONWIDE. Our passion is partnering with our clients to crystallize their financial goals, design a strategy to achieve those goals and execute the plan to its completion. You know it’s not enough to just make a plan, even the most well designed strategies can fail if not executed properly and then monitored for progress and suitability. This is why we consistently monitor the progress of your plan and make changes as new developments come to light with your changing goals. Whether we are helping a young family set the path to achieve their ideal lifestyle and first home; assisting a newly widowed client in navigating and structuring his/or her retirement plan and new life; or advising a professional couple on structuring the sale of their business and transitioning into retirement, we are consistently behind the scenes working to get you there and keep you there: on track. Our Core Competencies include: Financial Planning, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Estate Planning and Multi-Generational Asset Transfer Planning, Managing Executive Deferred Comp Assets. We use the latest and the most sophisticated tools to produce accurate and realistic analyses. We pride ourselves on our independence and ability to work with the leading experts in all fields of wealth management, accounting and estate planning to design a comprehensive and robust strategy to achieve our clients’ goals. Sovereign is affiliated with Spire Investment Partners. Spire Investment Partners is the Parent Company of Spire Wealth Management, LLC an SEC RIA, and Spire Securities LLC, a registered Broker/Dealer and Member of FINRA / SIPC.

Offers by SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT on Angi
    Upper Left Wealth Management

I focus on people in or near retirement, who want to reduce risk and taxes. UpperLeft Wealth Management is here for anyone planning for and trying to figure out if they're on pace for retirement, or are looking for investment management, advice on social security, home mortgages, taxes in retirement, or other financial questions. Our data-driven processes and strategic planning mean we help you face the curveballs life can throw at you. I am a CFP® and fiduciary, and hold an M.B.A. in finance from Columbia Business School. My reputation is built on your trust. If you're ready to look at improving your odds of success, contact me at www.upperleftwealth.com.

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Management and Financial Services has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and get you back on track with the IRS and State so that levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, un-filed taxes, etc. You name it, we handle it when it comes to taxes of financial services. So stop stressing and call us now.

Accountants/Tax Consultants
    Financial Planning
    Notary
    You must be happy

Accounting, bookkeeping, financial, taxes & payroll. TAX COMPLIANCES AND GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES. Business and individual consulting and advisory.

Sales of insurance & stocks.